• ベストアンサー

イソップ物語の翻訳

今、英語で書かれているイソップ物語を読んでるのですが翻訳してもよくわかりません。教えてください We shoud not wait until a person dies before showing respect. という文があり 私たちは人間が尊敬を見せる前に死ぬまでに待つべきでない と読んだのですがよく意味がわかりません The Bear and the Foxというタイトルの最後の文章に出てくるのですがもっとしっくりくる訳し方を教えてください

• pluta
  • お礼率59% (76/128)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • seabus12
  • ベストアンサー率25% (93/371)
回答No.1

ある人への尊敬の意を表すならその人が死ぬ前にしろ.(死んでからでは遅いよ.) 尊敬の意を表すより前に死んだら無意味だ. WHY WAIT UNTIL YOU DIE BEFORE YOU DO CHARITY? なんてもじる人もいます.死ぬ前に寄付をしろよ.しんでからでは遅いよ.

pluta
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳お願いします。

戦争に対しての詩なのですが、翻訳お願いします。 Could we forbear disputes: And practice Love; we Should agree as Angels do above. Weak tho we are, to Love is no hard task: and Love for Love is all that Heaven doth ask. I go to sleep before you but we shall wake together* Remember this and bear in mind a constant friend is hard to find. NO SPRING TILL WHEN** Emily Lucille is my name and England is my nation. Oxford is my dwelling place: a place of habitation. When I am dead and laid in grave & all my bones are rotten: when this you see: Remember me tho I was quite forgotten.

• イソップ物語・・・

「イソップ物語はイソップと言う人が作った本だというのは嘘だ。」と私の通っている塾の先生が言うのですが、それは本当でしょうか?調べてみても、なかなかわかりません。知っている人がいましたら、教えてください。

• イソップ物語について調べているんですが、イソップ物語のような寓話にはよ

イソップ物語について調べているんですが、イソップ物語のような寓話にはよく動物とか人以外のもの(太陽など)が主人公となって登場しますよね。 そこで質問なんですが、なぜ寓話に人じゃなく動物や太陽が使われるのか、を説明している書籍があれば、知っている方、教えてください!! お願いします!!

• 翻訳してくれませんか?!

翻訳してくれませんか?! 外国人の友達からメールで言われた言葉なんですが、曖昧な理解しかできなく 困ってます>< 翻訳してくれますでしょうか? I'm sorry to tell you but I'm seeing someone. Its difficult to wait for you and someone is very interested in me now. She is very nice and sweet. Ive asked you to be more sweet with me but I understand you never met me before. I guess we can just be friends. Hope you understand that I need to kiss, hold and make love to woman and it's been too long. I understand you cant promise me anything so I'm being honest with you that I'm seeing someone else.

• 教科書に載ったイソップ物語

今、イソップ物語を調べているのですが、教科書に載ったことのあるイソップ物語がなかなか見つかりません。うさぎとかめ、北風と太陽は載ったことがあるようですが他の寓話で教科書に載ったことのあるものはございますでしょうか?ありましたら載っていた時期と教科書名と一緒にあげていただけたら嬉しいです。よろしくお願い致します。

• イソップ物語を小学校で習いますか

今読んでいる児童文学で、アメリカの小学2年生がイソップ物語を学習しています。もちろん、これはフィクションですから、現実にアメリカの小学校でそういう学習が行われているかどうかはわかりません。 そこで、疑問ですが、現在小学校でイソップ物語は学習されているのでしょうか。日本以外の国や地域の実情でも結構ですし、以前のことでも結構です。 どのような形で取り上げられているかもあわせて教えていただけると嬉しいです。 どうぞよろしく!

• 英語の翻訳

ロシアのホテルの予約際、 ビザサポートがいるのでたじたじの英語でメールしたら、 ビザサポートが添付して出来ました。 その際、3000RUBがキャンセルやノーステイの場合かかると思ったのですが、 すでにクレジットカード会社から請求されました。 この請求された3000RUBはデポジットとして先に請求されたのでしょうか? 下記の文章をわかりやすい日本語に翻訳お願いします。↓ We would like to inform you that we are able to provide a visa support one month before arrival. Visa support is free of charge in our hotel, but in a case of no-show or cancellation we will be obliged to charge you a penalty (3000.00 RUR). As for necessary details for guest's visa, we need the passport details of the guest and the copy of the passport with the signature (!) of the person, who will guarantee the price for visa support by his credit card. Then, please, could you fill in the authorization letter, which we have added to this message. Please, don't forget to sign the authorization letter and mark "price for visa support (3000.00 RUR)". We can provide visa support earlier than one month prior to arrival but in this case we have to charge but not authorize the price for 3000 rubles for visa support from your credit card. This amount can be used as a deposit for your accommodation and extra services. During the process of refund of the unused funds back to your credit card the bank takes percent for currency conversion. If you agreed with these terms please confirm it in written form.

• 翻訳をお願いします。

宗教の話をしていました。 情報が足りないので、翻訳しにくいとは思いますがよろしくお願いいたします。 以下の文です!! I think you should definitely NOT trust these people, if I may. These kind of people usually trick others who suffer for a lost one, and are so incredibly mean. One of the most terrible things a person can do is to play with others feelings. It's just SO incredibly mean. If I were there, I would have had a couple of not-so-friendly words to tell these men/women. And it would have not been a good day for them, I can ensure you. I just can't bear who does these things, they make me SO incredibly angry! I totally agree with you. Yes, things can't always go well, but morning always comes :) And generally, there always are tiny little things that can make us happy. That's my opinion at least. I am catholic so I believe everyone has a soul. I also believe that this soul doesn't get lost when someone dies, as we will ...uhm..meet again someday, somewhere...i guess :) but certainly I do not believe in ghosts, I don't believe dead souls have fun scaring people or telling unlikely people to take money from others. What I mean is, even if you lose someone, that person will always be with you. Caring about you, in a certain sense, but not in the same sense those 2 idiots mean. For sure they cannot talk with dead souls or things like that. So, yes, you should tell your friend. I think she can understand, just explain your feelings quietly and with an open heart. Tell her that you don't think these people know what your grandmother feels, because you already know, feeling her close to you everyday. You are the one who knows these kind of things better than anybody else, so, extraneous people as such can't know it better than you :) Just be honest and calm, I think she will understand :)

• 和訳のお手伝いお願いします!m(__)m

和訳のお手伝いお願いします!m(__)m (1)Definitely you are veeeeery respectful with me! I appreciate that!! Also, you dont have to talk to me by using the 3rd person. Of course, is up to you, I respect whatever you want to do. 意訳はしてませんが、以下の様に読みました。↓↓間違っているところがあれば教えて下さい。 ・( )内はどちらに訳して良いのか悩んでいます。 「確かにあなたが私にとても敬意を表してくれている!私はそれをわかっています(ありがたく思っている)!!その上で、第三者を使って話す必要はないです。 もちろん、あなたに匹敵して(あなたと同じくらい)(?)、私はあなたがしたいどんなこと(?)でも尊重(尊敬)します。」 ※謙遜について説明していて、褒められても否定する事は相手に敬意を表していて、だから私が否定したのもあなたに敬意を表したのです(「I showed respect for ○○(相手の名前)」)と友達に言いました。「you dont have to talk to me by using the 3rd person」はこのことについてです。 質問サイトで読んだのですが、外国(英語圏?欧米?)では名前はあまり言わないようですね@@?“あなた(you)”が普通だとか・・・これもきっとこの事を言ってるんですよね? (2)We break the day into two parts. two partsが何て訳したら良いのかわかりません。 (3)I told you!! we are different than Japan! あなたに話しました!私たちは日本より違う! than japanがちょっとわかりません(^_^;)日本とは?? (4)I saw that in a documentary, they said that when a japanese couple get married and the children are borned the children sleep in the same room as the parents until they are 10 or 12 years old... also, the husband comes back home late and tired at night. 日本のフシギを毎回のように聞かれるのですが、今回の「日本のフシギ、これって本当?」はこれなんですが、全体的によく訳せません(+_+)教えてください。 also~は「そしてまた、夫は夜、遅く疲れて帰ってくる」でしょうか。。 沢山あって申し訳ないですが、どなたか教えてください!お願いします。

• まさかイソップでしょうか?

今日の「いいとも増刊号」で極楽とんぼ山本の髪質を見るために白衣を着た人があらわれましたが、その人はドラマ「スクールウォーズ」のイソップ役だった人になんとなく似てました。 そういえば彼は芸能界を引退して大手かつらメーカーへ就職したとか「あの人は今」みたいな番組で聞いた記憶があるんですが… 僕は時間の都合でその人が登場してきたところまでしか見れなかったんですけど、まさか「イソップ」その人だったんでしょうか?きょう番組を見た人で分かる人がいたら教えて下さい。