• 締切済み

戦争と平和(英文)の訳

この英文の訳はこれでよいですか。教えてください。 “Papa, we’ll be late,”said Princes Helene, who was waiting at the door, turning her beautiful head on her classicall shoulder. 「お父さん、遅れてしまいます」と、ドアーのところに佇んでいた公爵令嬢のヘレンが言った。こちらを向いた彼女の頭はギリシャ時代の肩座に乗っている塑像のような美しさだった。

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数5

みんなの回答

• googoo1956
  • ベストアンサー率47% (623/1316)
回答No.4

>turning her beautiful head on her classicall shoulder. >turning her beautiful head and looking over her classically molded shoulder as she stood waiting by the door. ○ 「classical」には次のような意味がありますね。   a. Of or relating to 【the ancient Greeks and Romans】, especially their art, 【architecture】, and literature.   b. Conforming to the artistic and literary models of ancient Greece and Rome.   c. Versed in the classics: a classical scholar ○ 「classically」には次のような意味と例文があります。  in the manner of Greek and Roman culture; "this exercise develops a 【classically shaped】 body" ○ 「mold」には次のような意味があります。  1. To shape in or on a mold.  2. To form into a particular shape; give shape to. ○ 上記の内容から、お尋ねの英文は次のような訳が考えられます。  「パパ、遅れるわよ。」と、ドアのところで待っていたヘレネ王女は古代ギリシャ時代の彫像のような曲線を描いている肩越しに美しい顔を向けながら言った。

trubuzon
質問者

お礼

ていねいな回答をいただきまして感謝いたします。戦争と平和を英文で呼んでいますが、分からないところがたくさんあります。ひとりで考えていても分からないので質問しました。さらに勉強を続けます。心からお礼申し上げます。ありがとうございました。

• Mumin-mama
  • ベストアンサー率45% (1140/2503)
回答No.3

「戦争と平和」の映画のなかで、Elena(ここではPrinces Helene)と書かれていますが、彼女は絶世の美女でしたたかな女性(悪役)に描かれているので、 「パパ。遅れるわよ」ドアで待っていたへレーネ嬢が 大理石のようにつややかな肩の上の美しい顔を向けて言った。

trubuzon
質問者

お礼

回答をいただき感謝いたします。戦争と平和を英文で読んででいますがとても難しいと思います。読みながら、一つ一つの単語にとらわれることなく、文全体を考えながら訳すことがよいのかなと、ときどき思います。今後の勉強に生かします。ありがとうございました。

• php504
  • ベストアンサー率42% (926/2160)
回答No.2

ロシア語の原文がどうなのかわかりませんが The Project Gutenberg EBookのテキストでは ---------------------- "Papa, we shall be late," said Princess Helene, turning her beautiful head and looking over her classically molded shoulder as she stood waiting by the door. http://www.jus.uio.no/sisu/war_and_peace.leo_tolstoy/4.html#121より引用 ---------------------- と英訳してありました。 これを参考にすると"clasical shoulder"を「胸像」の意味で訳すのは違う気がしますね。

trubuzon
質問者

お礼

ていねいな回答に感謝いたします。英文でこの作品を読み始めました。分からなくて困っていたところです。ご指摘のところをこれからも勉強します。ありがとうございました。

• crypt
  • ベストアンサー率22% (8/35)
回答No.1

立派な訳だと思います。 ちなみに手元にある米川正夫訳の文庫本では、以下のとおりでした。 「お父様、遅れてしまいますよ。」戸口で待っていたエレンが、 古代的(アンチックな)な肩の上で美しい首をこちらへ向けた。

trubuzon
質問者

お礼

回答をいただきまして感謝いたします。最近、この作品を英文で読み始めました。難しいところが多くて困っています。でも読み始めると、物語のなかに引き込まれそうになります。難解なところがあっても、これからも読みを続けます。ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• この英文の主語と動詞を教えてください。

What was expressed in the whole round figure of the count, in Marya Demitrievna was expressed in her ever more smiling face and ever more thrust-up nose. On the other hand, if the count, who got himself going more and more, fascinated his spectators by his unexpectedly deft capers and the light leaps of his supple legs, Marya Demitrievna, by the slightest exertion in moving her shoulder or rounding her arms while turning or stamping, produced no less of an impression by its merit, which everyone appreciated in view of her corpulence and perpetual severity. ……戦争と平和より。この英文の前半の主語と動詞が分かりません。教えてください。

• 添削お願いします

朝日新聞の4コマ漫画の描写を英語にして英作文を練習している者です。 次の英文から状況が読み取れるかお聞きしたいです。また、文法間違いや英語表現の間違いなどご指摘していただけるとありがたいです。 In the early morning, the door bell rang. Mother thought who it was though it was early Sunday morning. Suddenly father got up and said, "It must be Mr.Morita. We are going golfing today." She had never listened to it. While Mr.Morita was waiting, he heard the noisy sound from their house. Mother opened the door and Nonochan, who was putting on her school backpack with her face sleepy, came out of the door. Mother said, "It's not you." 辞書をほとんど使っていないので誤文があると思います。よろしくお願いします。

• 英語のジョークと訳を教えてください!

Homophone When we moved to northen California, my husband began deliberating about buying a sailboat. He struggled over our budget, and nagged me for help in his decision.I told him that it was strictly his choice to make, that I was with him either way, but he had to decide. One morning, as he hurried out the door on his way to work, I waved and said, 'Bye.' He broke into a big grin and called over his shoulder, 'I was hoping you'd say that!' Him& Hymn A woman had been very faithful in attending all her church's services for many years, and the minister wanted to reward her.At the next Sunday-evening service he announced, 'For her loyalty to the church, we shall reward Miss Jones by letting her pick three hymns for the evening.' 'Oh, goody!' exclaimed Miss Jones. And, pointing to various members in the congregation, she said, 'I'll take HIM and HIM and HIM.' 回答宜しくお願いします!!

• (260) その2 And now I will ……この英文はどう訳せばよいでしょうか

(260) その2 (ll. 202-211) And now I will tell a fable for princes who themselves understand. Thus said the hawk to the nightingale with speckled neck, while he carried her high up among the clouds, gripped fast in his talons, and she, pierced by his crooked talons, cried pitifully. 試し訳 (II.202.211) それで、今、私は自らを弁えている王たちのために、ある物語を話そう。 このようにタカは、首に斑点のあるサヨナキドリを、爪でしっかり掴んで、 雲の中へと連れ去りながら、彼女に言ったのである。 そして、彼女はタカの曲がった爪に突き刺されて、いたましく、悲鳴を上げた。 質問 (1)And now I will tell a fableについて    この文は、次の(2)の話者とは違うようです。 ヘーシオドス自身の語りかけのようです。 (2)Thus said the hawkについて これは明らかにタカのセリフです。  *この質問の解釈は、ほぼ間違いないと思います。     疑問に思って書き始めたので、このまま投稿させていただきました。  *試し訳をお目通しいただき、不自然なところがあれば、ご指摘いただきたいと   思います。   

• 戦争と平和の訳を教えてください。

戦争と平和の訳 “What, have you lost your mind? You,ve been ordered twice to retreat, but you?…” “Well, what are they getting at me for?…” Tushin thought to himself, looking fearfully at his superior. “I…nothing…”he said, putting two finger to his visor. “I…” 「どうした、気でも狂ったのか?・・・君はすでに2回も撤退しろと命令されたはずだ、それなのに君は・・・」「ああ、なぜ、彼らは私を困らせるのだろう?・・・」とトーシンは内心思いながら恐る恐る上官を見た。「私は・・・何も・・・」と彼は言って軍帽に2本の指をあてがった。「私・・・」 “Well, what are they getting at me for?…”の訳、 「さあ、彼らは私から何を求めるのだろうか」と訳すと意味がつながらない。 辞書で調べたら、what…for には何故という意味があり、getには人を負かすという意味があった。そこで、「ああ、なぜ、彼らは私を困らせるのだろう?」とした。これでよいかどうか教えてください。よろしくお願いします。

• 戦争と平和の訳を教えてください。

この訳が分かりません。(私の訳:間違いだと思うが)教えてください。(戦争と平和) The small man with weak, awkward movements constantly asked his orderly to give him another little pipeful for That, as he put it, and spilling fire from it, ran forward and looked at the French from under his small hand. “smash them lad!” he kept saying and seize the guns by the wheel and unscrew the screws himself. この弱々しそうな小男は、ぎこちなさそうに常に部下に対し、タバコをくれるよう要求して、それに火をつけ、そして火の粉をまき散らかして、前のほうに走っていき、彼の小さな手をかざしてフランス軍の動きを探った。「彼らをうちくだけ!お前たち、よくやったぞ!」と叫びながら、砲車の際で砲をつかみ、ネジを回したり緩めたりした。

• 戦争と平和の訳を教えてください。

この訳が分かりません。(私の訳:間違いだと思うが)教えてください。(戦争と平和) Amidst the smoke, deafened by the ceaseless, which made him jump each time, Tushin, without relinquishing his nose-warmer, ran from one gun to the other, now taking aim, now counting the charges, now ordering the dead and wounded horses to be changed and reharnessed, and shouting all the while in his weak, high, irresolute voice. 砲煙と耳を聾する絶え間ない銃声の中で、トーシンはいつも、飛び跳ねるようにして自分の陽気な姿勢を失うことなく、砲から他の砲に走り、彼の狙いのもとに、弾薬を数えたり、傷ついたり死んだ馬を移動させたり繋ぎなおしたりするように、弱々しく甲高いつぶしの利かない声で叫んだ。

• The Dark Glassesからの英文です。

"Dr Gray says if you switch from eserine to atropine--" It was put down to an accident. There was a strong hope that Miss Simmonds's one eye would survive. It was she who had made up the prescription. She refused to discuss it. I said, "The bottle may have been tampered with, have you thought of that?" "Joan's been reading books." The last week of my holidays old Mrs Simmonds died above the shop and left all her fortune to her daughter. At the same time I got tonsillitis and could not return to school. I was attended by our woman doctor, the widow of the town's former doctor who had quite recently died. This was the first time I had seen Dr Gray, although I had known the other Dr Gray, her husband, whom I missed. The new Dr Gray was a sharp-faced athletic woman. She was said to be young. She came to visit me every day for a week. After consideration I decided she was normal and in the right, though dull. Muriel SparkのThe Dark Glassesからの英文です。 主人公(Joan)は15歳ぐらいの女の子です。 Miss SimmondsはMr Simmonds (検眼士)の姉です。 -------------------------------------------------------- ●I said, "The bottle may have been tampered with, have you thought of that?" "Joan's been reading books." ここはどういう会話になっているのでしょうか? 私(Joan)は言いました。「ビンはいじられたかもしれないわ。そうは思わない?」 「Joanは本を読んでいたところなのよ」 ちょっと意味が入ってこない感じです。 教えてください。お願いします。 前文は I started screaming when I got home, and was given a sedative. By evening everyone knew what Miss Simmonds had put the wrong drops in her eyes. "Will she go blind in that eye, too?" people said. "The doctor says there's hope." "There will be an inquiry." "She was going blind in that eye in any case," they said. "Ah, but the pain...." "Whose mistake, hers or his?" "Joan was there at the time. Joan heard the screams. We had to give her a sedative to calm---" "--calm her down." "But who made the mistake?" "She usually makes up the eye-drops herself. She's got a dispenser's--" "--dispense's certificate, you know." "Her name was on the bottle, Joan says." "Who wrote the name on the bottle? That's the question. They'll find out from the handwriting. If it was Mr Simmonds he'll be disqualified." "She always wrote the names on the bottles. She'll be put off the dispensers' roll, poor thing." "They'll lose their licence." "I got eye-drops from them myself only three weeks ago. If I'd have known what I know now, I'd never have--" "The doctor says they can't find the bottle, it's got lost." "No, the sergeant says they've got the bottle. The handwriting is hers. She must have made up the drops herself, poor thing." "Deadly nightshade, same thing." "Stuff called atropine. Belladonna. Deadly nightshade." "It should have been stuff called eserine. That's what she usually had, the doctor says." "Dr Gray says?" "Yes, Dr Gray." となっています。

She looked at me, then returned to attend to the person in the shop, leaving the intervening door wide open. She was back again almost immediately. My examination was soon over. Mr Simmonds saw me out at the front door and gave me pleading unhappy look. I felt like a traitor and I considered him horrible. Muriel SparkのThe Dark Glassesからの英文です。 Mr Simmondsは検眼士です。(she=Mr Simmondsの姉) 主人公は15歳ぐらいの女の子です。 --------------------------------- I felt like a traitor とあるのですがtraitorは”裏切り者”でしょうか? (horribleは”ひどく嫌な”?主人公がMr Simmondsをそう思うのはわかるのですが) なぜ主人公が自分のことをそのように感じたのかがわかりません。 前文は :(主人公が検眼にMr Simmondsのお店を訪れた場面です) You're quite the young lady, Joan," he said, looking at my new breasts.   I smiled and put my hand in my blazer pocket.   He was smaller than he had been two years ago. I thought he must be about fifty or thirty. His face was more freckled than ever and his eyes were flat blue as from a box of paints. Miss Simmonds appeared silently in her soft slippers. "You're quite the young lady, Joan," she said from behind her green glasses, for her right eye had now gone blind and the other was said to be troubling her. We went into the examination room. She glided past me and switched on the dim light above the letter card. I began to read out the letters while Basil Simmonds stood with folded hands. Someone came into the front shop. Miss Simmonds slid off to see who it was and her brother tickled my neck. I read on. He drew me towards him. I put my hand into my blazer pocket. He said, "Oh!" and sprang away as the hat-pin struck through my blazer and into his thigh.   Miss Simmonds appeared in the doorway in her avenging white overall. Her brother, who had been rubbing his thigh in a puzzled way, pretended to be dusting a mark off the front of his trousers. "What's wrong? Why did you shout?" she said. "No, I didn't shout." となっています。 教えてください。宜しくお願いします。

I started screaming when I got home, and was given a sedative. By evening everyone knew what Miss Simmonds had put the wrong drops in her eyes. "Will she go blind in that eye, too?" people said. "The doctor says there's hope." "There will be an inquiry." "She was going blind in that eye in any case," they said. "Ah, but the pain...." "Whose mistake, hers or his?" "Joan was there at the time. Joan heard the screams. We had to give her a sedative to calm---" "--calm her down." "But who made the mistake?" "She usually makes up the eye-drops herself. She's got a dispenser's--" "--dispense's certificate, you know." "Her name was on the bottle, Joan says." "Who wrote the name on the bottle? That's the question. They'll find out from the handwriting. If it was Mr Simmonds he'll be disqualified." "She always wrote the names on the bottles. She'll be put off the dispensers' roll, poor thing." "They'll lose their licence." "I got eye-drops from them myself only three weeks ago. If I'd have known what I know now, I'd never have--" "The doctor says they can't find the bottle, it's got lost." "No, the sergeant says they've got the bottle. The handwriting is hers. She must have made up the drops herself, poor thing." "Deadly nightshade, same thing." "Stuff called atropine. Belladonna. Deadly nightshade." "It should have been stuff called eserine. That's what she usually had, the doctor says." "Dr Gray says?" "Yes, Dr Gray." Muriel SparkのThe Dark Glassesからの英文です。 主人公(Joan)は15歳ぐらいの女の子です。 Miss SimmondsとMr Simmonds (検眼士)は姉弟です。 主人公が検眼のためSimmondsさんのお店を訪れていたときに、Miss Simmondsが誤った点眼薬を目にさしてしまったところで前回が終わっています。 --------------------------------------------------- 最後の方に "It should have been stuff called eserine. That's what she usually had, the doctor says." とありますが、 Itはatropineで、Thatはeserineですか? That's what she usually hadのThatはItとしても意味は通じるような気がするのですが、It should have been stuff called eserine.でItを使っているので、それと分けるためにThatを用いたと考えてよいのでしょうか? 教えてください。お願いします。 (英文が長くなってしまってすみません) 前文は She had raised the bottle and was reading the label with her one good eye. "Yes, this is mine. It has my name on it," she said. Dark Basil, dark Dorothy. There was something wrong after all. She walked upstairs with her bottle of eye-drops. The brother put his hand on my elbow and heaved me to my feet, forgetting his coloured slides. "There's nothing wrong with your eyes. Off you go." He pushed me into the front shop. His flat eyes were wide open as he handed me my glasses. He pointed to the door. "I'm a busy man," he said. From upstairs came a long scream. Basil jerked open the door for me, but I did not move. Then Dorothy, upstairs, screamed and screamed and screamed. Basil put his hands to his head, covering his eyes. Dorothy appeared on the bend of the stairs, screaming, doubled-up, with both hands covering her good eye. となっています。