• ベストアンサー

次の英文の解釈について

NHKラジオ徹底トレーニング英会話4月号54ページにあった英文です。 I saw lots of interesting animals that it would be wonderful to have.「飼ったらすてきだろうと思える面白い動物をたくさん見た。」 この英文でthatは関係代名詞でitはto haveを指していると自分では理解しているのですが、この英文からitをとって、 I saw lots of interesting animals that would be wonderful to have.とすると意味は違ってきますか、また、文法的にも間違っていますか。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • googoo1956
  • ベストアンサー率47% (623/1316)
回答No.2

>この英文からitをとって、 I saw lots of interesting animals that would be wonderful to have.とすると意味は違ってきますか、また、文法的にも間違っていますか。 ○ お尋ねの2つの英文は関係代名詞を用いた英文ですので、それぞれもとの2つの英文に戻してみます。両方に共通なひとつ目の英文は次のようなものです。  ※  I saw lots of interesting animals. ○ すると、お尋ねの2つの英文を分けたもう一つの英文は、それぞれ次のようになります。  (1) It would be wondrful to have lots of inetersting animals.  (2) Lots of inetersting animals would be wonderful to have. ○ 結局、お尋ねの内容は、上記の2つの英文が同じ意味かどうかということになります。 ○ これは「仮主語の英文」と「文の主語と不定詞の主語が同じ英文」を比較することから理解できます。  (3) It is easy to read this book.    ※ 「この本を読むことは簡単です。」  (4) This book is easy to read.    ※ 「この本は読むには簡単です。」 ○ いろいろな辞書や文法書によると、(3)と(4)の2つの英文はほぼ同じ意味だとされています。 ○ ひょっとしたら「自分はそうは思わない。辞書に書いてあろうが、言語学者の意見がどうのようなものであろうが、自分の方が正しいのである。」という「唯我独尊」の方もいらっしゃるかもしれませんが、一応、辞書の例文を挙げておきます。  ※ Spanish is easy (for a Frenchman) to learn.    = It is easy (for a Frenchman) to learn Spanish.      (フランス人には)スペイン語は覚えやすい.  ※ He's easy to get along with.    = It's easy to get along with him.      彼とは折り合ってゆきやすい. http://dic.yahoo.co.jp/dsearch?enc=UTF-8&p=easy&dtype=1&stype=1&dname=1ss ○ したがって、普通に考えれば(1)と(2)の英文はほぼ同じ意味であると言ってよさそうです。(ちなみに、「wonderful」は「人」と「物」の両方を主語にとることができます。) ○ すると、最初に示した(1)と(2)のそれぞれの英文に「I saw lots of inetersting animals.」という英文を添えてできたと考えられる、「お尋ねの2つの英文」も当然のことながら同じ意味を持っていると考えて良いでしょう。意味的にも文法的にも問題はないと思われます。

sukeyoshi
質問者

お礼

大変わかりやすいご説明ありがとうございました。ものすごく勉強になりました。

その他の回答 (1)

noname#77517
noname#77517
回答No.1

itを除くと、that以下の主語が、"(lots of interesting) animals"に なってしまいます。オリジナルの文では、最後の haveの目的語が "(lots of interesting) animals"ですから、意味が変わりますし、不完全な 文章になると思います。

sukeyoshi
質問者

お礼

参考になりました。ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

申し訳ありませんが、お願いします。 There are soms things that I would not have done , and some things that I have failed to do that I would do. One of the things that I would have done if I had known the importance of it would have been to go to college.

• 英文の邦訳

It would be a mistake, however, to assume from this study that interlocks “just do not predict much that is interesting in the strategic choices of firms” (1992:304). 上記英文のコーテーションマーク内の邦訳をお願いします。

• 次の英文の翻訳をおねがいします。

I have always taken for granted that pockets are places to put things into, and have stuffed my pockets with anything that would go into them―books, newspapers, letters, pipes, pouches, cigarettes, match-boxes, and so forth. Yet even as a boy I was discouraged from making this, as it seems to me, natural use of my pockets. I was told that, if you put things into your pockets, you spoilt the shape of your suit. This seems to me as ridiculous as it would be to say that, if you put potatoes into a sack, you spoil the shape of the sack.

• この英文の訳はこれでいいでしょうか?

こんにちは。 よろしくお願いいたします。 Ross took the common sense view that it would be better to stay at home. It would have been better to hold the debate during the day. I would have thought it would be better to wait a while. ロスは良識を持ち合わせているからうちに泊まっていくといいでしょう。 今日のうちに議論をするといいでしょう。 もう少し待ったほうがいいと思います。

• 次の英文を和訳してほしいです。

Assuming that no lead was present when the mineral was formed and that the mineral has not undergone chemical changes that would allow the lead-206 isotope to be separated from the parent uranium-238, it is possible to estimate the age of the rocks from the mass ratio of Pb to U. この英文を和訳してほしいです。

• 英文解釈

こんにちは早速ですが、英文解釈の質問をします。 ・Little did the humble parents think at the time of that sorrowful parting, that their modest child was destined to become the most famous man of his age. thinkの目的語とカンマ(同格?)の役割を教えてください。 ・We leave undone those things which we ought to have done. 強調構文でSVCOの順になることはあるのでしょうか? ・It is not the reading of many books that is necessary to make a man wise or good, but the well-reading of a few, could he be sure to have the best. could以下の構文・訳がわからないです。詳しくお願いします。

• 英文解釈について

以下の英文解釈について文法的解釈も含め教えて下さい。 They just put across a policy がわかりません。 Most of what I have to report is rather depressing. China, for instance, is going in totally the wrong direction. They just put across a policy that said that the automobile is going to be their chosen transportation system. よろしくお願いします。

• 英文解釈

英文解釈なのですが、  If we human beings were all the same, then there would be no point in liberty; what would be good for one would be good for all. It is human variety - the fact that one man's meat is another man's poison - that imposes upon us the duty of preserving individual liberty.  という文なのですが、文構造は大体分かるのですが、全体でいったいどういうことを言っているのかが、頭の中でちゃんと整理できません。 この文の趣旨を教えていただければ、と思います。よろしくお願いいたします。

• 次の英文を日本語にしてください。

Well, I thought language exchange would be fun! I don't know, I guess I thought there were more interesting people on that website. I was wondering why me of all people. Lol Just curious, sorry. この文章と A lunch box with the group "Shonentai"  That is how I was first introduced to them. この文章をお願いします。 That is how I was first introduced to them

• 英文を訳して下さい。

長文で大変申し訳ございませんが、正確な訳を知りたいので、英語がお得意で、お時間がおありの方、以下の英文をどうか訳して下さい。お願い致します。 Do you have any plans for touring the US? I have this strange dream of you performing in America. As kind of a follow-up, I was inquiring about the cost of renting a local theatre, the Orpheum. I was told that the rental fee is approximately $1000 per day, plus a small percentage of ticket sales. The theatre holds 1400, so at a charge of $10 per ticket, we would stand to make at least $10000 profit, because the ushers and ticket-takers are provided at no extra cost. What I am uncertain about is whether there would be enough tickets sold to make the whole project worthwhile. I then had the thought that if I could book one theatre for this purpose, why not more theatres in other cities? I have absolutely no experience in showbiz, but I think it would be an interesting sideline. Also, you have that angelic quality that I think American audiences would love! What I was wondering was if you would require a flat fee, or if you'd be willing to take a chance on a percentage of the pr ofits. This way, we could all either make alot of money, or we could all go broke together! I honestly don't foresee this happening, because I would book the theatre a long time in advance, and make sure the tickets are sold. I'm not sure how the ticket sales would be handled, and how that would affect the profit margin. Let me know if you have any thoughts on coming to the US. どうぞよろしくお願い致します。