• ベストアンサー

ジョークが好きで送ってくるのですが、うまく訳せません・・・

知り合いの外国人の人がジョークが好きなようで、メールに書いてきたのですが、私にはまず、うまく訳すことができませんでした。これは何といっているのですか? よろしくお願いします ■A young businessman had just started his own firm. He rented a beautiful office and had it furnished with antiques. Sitting there, he saw a man come in to the outer office. 若いビジネスマンは仕事を始めた。彼は美しいオフィスにアンティークな家具?  ■Wishing to appear the hot shot, the businessman picked up the phone and started to pretend he had a big deal working. He threw huge figures around and made giant commitments. Finally he hung up and asked the visitor,"Can I help you?" すみませんこれはわかりませんでした ■The man said, "Yeah, I've come to activate your phone lines."  その人は言った・・・ 教えてくださいお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.1

若いビジネスマンが、自分の会社を始めました。彼は、美しいオフィスを借りて、アンティークの家具を入れました。そうして座っていると、一人の男が外側の部屋に入ってくるのが見えました。彼は、大物に見られたいと考え、電話を取り上げると、大きな仕事があるふりを始めました。巨額の数字を並べたり、大きな約束をしてみたりです。そして、やっとのことで電話を切ると、そのお客さんに「ご用ですか?」と聞きました。その男は言いました。「ええ。電話回線が使えるようにしに来たんですけど。」

klek20
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。とても分かりやすい訳でした。どうもありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

• mota_miho
  • ベストアンサー率16% (396/2454)
回答No.2

No.1 さんの回答で十分説明されていますが、蛇足を少々。 》 Finally he hung up and asked the visitor Finally という語で、創業したてのビジネスマンが、(仕事がすごく順調であるように見せかけるため)、いろいろしゃべりまくった感じがでています。なお、彼が電話機を取ってしゃべりだしたのは、アウターオフィスに入ってきた男に聞かせるためです he hung up → 「電話機を置いた」とすると、ジョークの意味が分りやすいかと思います。  

klek20
質問者

お礼

どうもありがとうございます。細かいニュアンスなどあるのですね。勉強になりました!

関連するQ&A

• これってジョークなのでしょうか??

外国人のメル友にジョークを教えるといわれ、その意味が何故か解るか?と言われました。 これはいわゆるジョークなのでしょうか? 笑えるエピソード?うーん、さっぱり解りません。 意味が解る方、教えてください!よろしくお願いします。 a woman and a man stand face to face inside the train. He is wearing vest and holding the handrail at the ceiling but she holds nothing. Suddenly the train stops. She is hurry to hold something. Then he screams painful, and they are brush up (red face).

• 英語のジョークと訳を教えてください!

Homophone When we moved to northen California, my husband began deliberating about buying a sailboat. He struggled over our budget, and nagged me for help in his decision.I told him that it was strictly his choice to make, that I was with him either way, but he had to decide. One morning, as he hurried out the door on his way to work, I waved and said, 'Bye.' He broke into a big grin and called over his shoulder, 'I was hoping you'd say that!' Him& Hymn A woman had been very faithful in attending all her church's services for many years, and the minister wanted to reward her.At the next Sunday-evening service he announced, 'For her loyalty to the church, we shall reward Miss Jones by letting her pick three hymns for the evening.' 'Oh, goody!' exclaimed Miss Jones. And, pointing to various members in the congregation, she said, 'I'll take HIM and HIM and HIM.' 回答宜しくお願いします!!

• このwouldの役割

自殺の名所でおじさんがとった行動です。The old man made it a habit to survey the cliff and if he'd notice anyone acting suspicious, he'd come over and talk to that person. ここで使われている(省略されている)wouldはどのような役割でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• もし良ければ訳してください。

The difference between France and Peru, regarding the culture: punctuality. When I arrived, I had to buy all my furnitures. For example, a man was suppose to come to install my curtains. He gave me an hour and I spent all day waiting for him. He didn't call me either. I lost my time and I was so angry that the day after I went to his workshop to tell him that he should have called me to tell me that he couldn't come. I told me that it was a lack of respect. He promised to come the day after at 8h. He was there 5 minutes before. 特に 最後の3文の I told me 以下を重点的にお願いします。

• どなたか、翻訳、お願いします。

どなたか、翻訳、お願いします。 It was summer of the year 1883.A poor peasant was on his way to a big city to look for work.His clothes were ragged and his shoes worn out,he had an empty stomach and no money,but he was whistling cheerfully to himself.A kind hearted driver had brough him several nundred miles in his automobile and he had only ahother fifty miles or so to go. Having not eaten for several weeks,he was a little hungry.He had an old,dry piece of bread in his pocket which he had scrounged from a hardware store he would soon pass,and he was saving it for the right moment.Now that moment had come. Just beside the road,there was a hamburger store.The delicious smell of beef,onions and lettuce wafted through the closed window to where the poor man was standing.He sat sat down on a toadstool and began to eat his sandwich. When he had finished eating,he stood up and began to walk away.The owner of the hamburger store came running out,shouting "Hey!You haven't paid for your hamberger."The poor man answered with indignation "What humburger?I don't eat any hamburgers."The store owner replied "No but you smelled them while you were eating,that's nearly the same thing.Pay up or I'll call the cops." The poor man didn't want any trouble,so he said"OK,I admit I did smell one.How much are they?""85 cents,"replied the store owner.The poor man took out a dollar bill and shook it loudly."Did you hear that?"he asked."That was a dollar bill.Now where's my change?"

• どなたか、翻訳、お願いします。助けてください。

どなたか、翻訳、お願いします。助けてください。 ※最後まで、翻訳できる方、お願いします。 It was summer of the year 1883.A poor peasant was on his way to a big city to look for work.His clothes were ragged and his shoes worn out,he had an empty stomach and no money,but he was whistling cheerfully to himself.A kind hearted driver had brough him several nundred miles in his automobile and he had only ahother fifty miles or so to go. Having not eaten for several weeks,he was a little hungry.He had an old,dry piece of bread in his pocket which he had scrounged from a hardware store he would soon pass,and he was saving it for the right moment.Now that moment had come. Just beside the road,there was a hamburger store.The delicious smell of beef,onions and lettuce wafted through the closed window to where the poor man was standing.He sat sat down on a toadstool and began to eat his sandwich. When he had finished eating,he stood up and began to walk away.The owner of the hamburger store came running out,shouting "Hey!You haven't paid for your hamberger."The poor man answered with indignation "What humburger?I don't eat any hamburgers."The store owner replied "No but you smelled them while you were eating,that's nearly the same thing.Pay up or I'll call the cops." The poor man didn't want any trouble,so he said"OK,I admit I did smell one.How much are they?""85 cents,"replied the store owner.The poor man took out a dollar bill and shook it loudly."Did you hear that?"he asked."That was a dollar bill.Now where's my change?"

• どなたか、翻訳、お願いします。

どなたか、翻訳、お願いします。 ※翻訳サイトを使わない翻訳を、お願いします。 It was summer of the year 1883.A poor peasant was on his way to a big city to look for work.His clothes were ragged and his shoes worn out,he had an empty stomach and no money,but he was whistling cheerfully to himself.A kind hearted driver had brough him several nundred miles in his automobile and he had only ahother fifty miles or so to go. Having not eaten for several weeks,he was a little hungry.He had an old,dry piece of bread in his pocket which he had scrounged from a hardware store he would soon pass,and he was saving it for the right moment.Now that moment had come. Just beside the road,there was a hamburger store.The delicious smell of beef,onions and lettuce wafted through the closed window to where the poor man was standing.He sat sat down on a toadstool and began to eat his sandwich. When he had finished eating,he stood up and began to walk away.The owner of the hamburger store came running out,shouting "Hey!You haven't paid for your hamberger."The poor man answered with indignation "What humburger?I don't eat any hamburgers."The store owner replied "No but you smelled them while you were eating,that's nearly the same thing.Pay up or I'll call the cops." The poor man didn't want any trouble,so he said"OK,I admit I did smell one.How much are they?""85 cents,"replied the store owner.The poor man took out a dollar bill and shook it loudly."Did you hear that?"he asked."That was a dollar bill.Now where's my change?"

どなたか、翻訳、お願いします。助けてください。 ※最後まで、翻訳できる方、お願いします。 It was summer of the year 1883.A poor peasant was on his way to a big city to look for work.His clothes were ragged and his shoes worn out,he had an empty stomach and no money,but he was whistling cheerfully to himself.A kind hearted driver had brough him several nundred miles in his automobile and he had only ahother fifty miles or so to go. Having not eaten for several weeks,he was a little hungry.He had an old,dry piece of bread in his pocket which he had scrounged from a hardware store he would soon pass,and he was saving it for the right moment.Now that moment had come. Just beside the road,there was a hamburger store.The delicious smell of beef,onions and lettuce wafted through the closed window to where the poor man was standing.He sat sat down on a toadstool and began to eat his sandwich. When he had finished eating,he stood up and began to walk away.The owner of the hamburger store came running out,shouting "Hey!You haven't paid for your hamberger."The poor man answered with indignation "What humburger?I don't eat any hamburgers."The store owner replied "No but you smelled them while you were eating,that's nearly the same thing.Pay up or I'll call the cops." The poor man didn't want any trouble,so he said"OK,I admit I did smell one.How much are they?""85 cents,"replied the store owner.The poor man took out a dollar bill and shook it loudly."Did you hear that?"he asked."That was a dollar bill.Now where's my change?"