• ベストアンサー

whenとbecauseの違い

ZDFTVshowの回答

回答No.3

feeling的には、やはりWhenでしょう!becauseにするときは、 She always got sentimental because one of the dogs died.になると思います。or ,thoughは違うといわれましたが時には, She always got sentimetal though just one of the dogs dead.になりますし She always got sentimental or throught one of the dogs dead. という風にもなります。なぜ、When が答えなのか?三人称で考えて見ましょう。彼女は、いつもセンチだった。彼と、彼女と、そのほかがひとつ。そのための時制に副詞節という文ですよな答えは!すると、過去に起こったことの(もちろん今も)その時の彼女は現在進行形の過去の事柄であることの今も ということですよね!じゃあ 感覚的にはalwaysじゃなくsometimesの方が良くありませんか?oftenでもいいくらいです。で、問題のwhenは、そのときの時制と何人称から答えが出ています。そのときの彼女は こうこう理由で時制という具合に。英語の文法の、基本のすべてとはひとつじゃありません。ひとつのニュアンスからそのとおりの 答えを出せばいいのです。不定詞、動名詞等あと感嘆文による時制とかで英語センスを身に着ければそんなに難しい問題ではないです。あくまで参考まで!

関連するQ&A

• when と because

The news made me sad. →I was sad ( ) I heard the news. なのですが、when と becauseどちらが正しいのでしょうか? 因果関係を表すbecauseなきがするのですが、答えではwhenなのです。 なぜでしょうか? 本の間違い??

• usually, always の使い方について

usually, always の使い方について When they do buy something,it usually is always from one or two particular shops. usuallyとalwaysがbe動詞を隔てて同じ文章に混在するのを初めて見ました。 英語のテキストに載ってるので誤りではないのは分かるのですが、なぜこうなるのか また訳もおしえていただけないでしょうか。 宜しくお願いします。

• 感傷的

添削をお願いできませんでしょうか。どうかよろしくお願いします。 お別れの場面は苦手です。すぐ感傷的になってしまうから。「もうここに来ることはないかも」とか、「この人とはもう2度と会えないかも」なんて思うと、何気ないちょっとしたことにまで名残惜しい気持になってしまったりもします。感傷的すぎかな? I'm not good at saying goodbye since I get choked up. I come to feel reluctant to say goodbye even to small things when I think, "I might never come here again." or "I might never see this person again." Does it sound too sentimental?

• 【英語文法】関係副詞のwhereとthat

Italia is a place ------- many cafes serve customers at all hours of the day or night. [A] that [B] where 上記の空欄適語補充問題において[A]が不正解で[B]が正解の理由がわかりません。 問題集では空欄以下の文章「many cafes serve customers at all hours of the day or night.」は完全文のため関係副詞としての機能を有するwhenが正解と書かれていました。 しかし、この場合thatでも正解ではないのでしょうか。(私の理解では thatでも関係副詞として機能する) 上記、whereが正解でthatが不正解の理由がご存知の方いらっしゃいましたらご教示いただけると幸いです。ご回答お願い致します。

• TREASERE GRADE3の和訳

学生なのですが難しくて和訳できません。 よかったら教えてください。 Unlike dogs and horses,cats walk or run by moving first the front and back legs on one side,and then the front and back legs on the other side. They have good coordination and almost always land on their feet when they fall. Their sense of smell is also excellent and is important for the evaluation of food. A sick cat often will not want to eat,because it cannot smell its food.

• 和訳と、この文の副詞節とそのSVを教えてください

She added that perhaps it is better not to know, because,if one doesn't know when or in what part of the sky it will appear, its appearance is always a pleasant surprise.(注)it will appearのitは新月のことです 「彼女は,もし新月がいつ、空のどの部分から現れるのかを知らなければ、月の出現は常に楽しい驚きであるので、おそらくは、そのことを知らないほうがよいと付け加えた」と訳しました。ところで、副詞節とそのSVの指摘なのですが、「if~appearまで」がif節で、「because~if節を除いたits appearance is always a pleasant surprise」までがbecause節と解釈しました。一つの節にSVが複数くるということはないと思い、「,because,」となっているところを文章の切れ目と考え、このような考えに至ったのですが、これでよいのでしょうか?(文章がわかりづらかったらすみません・・・。)

• この文を日本語にしてください。

この文を日本語にしてください。 1 There are many people who need assistance dogs. Most of them can't get one, because there are not many assistance dogs. 2 Even an assistance dog like Kenny can't go into many restaurant and shops. 3 Some are afraid of dogs. 4 Why can't my aunt go into such places with Kenny when she wants to do so? よろしくお願いします。

• この英文の読み方を教えてください

My treasure is this clock. This clock is a thing that father bought for the entrance celebration. When it is father, I want to value this clock from seeming though this clock is bought and father has died one week later. マイ・・・・以降からの読み方を教えてください。お願いします。

• 翻訳お願いします。

As stockton continues his training with the larger suitcases, he is once again successful. “What have you got? Have you got something, Stockton?”asks Heldt when Stockton sits down on the bag. “Good boy! You found it! You found the meat! That's a good boy!” Things do not always go so smoothly for Stockton, though. On the next series of tests, he makes a few errors. He lies down when he is supposed to sit. On another test, he gets too far ahead and pulls away from Heldt until Heldt finally has to remind him, “Where are you going? Wait for me!” He then jokingly says to the dog,“You've got to work with me. I'm your partner,remember? All the while though, Heldt continues to laugh and encourage Stockton. Even though it is serious work, it always has to be fun for the animal. So what does it take to be a detector dog? Heldt explains the qualities that these talented dogs require, “Obviously, number one, they have to be great with people and children, because when we work them in the airports, that's what we're working with-the public coming from foreign countries.” He then continues to explain what helps to train a good detector dog,“They've got to have a really good food drive because they work for food.” He then adds jokingly,“Anybody who has a beagle knows they love food. Even after they eat a big dinner, they're still ready to eat some more.”

• 英文法の解説をお願いします

英語の穴埋め問題で以下の解説がありました。 ■空欄に入る最も適切なものを選択肢(1)~(3)の中から選んでください。 It is always nice to send an e-mail after an interview, [ ] interviewers for their time. (1) thanks to (2) thank you (3) thanking ■答えと解説 (3) thanking It is always nice to send an e-mail after an interview, thanking interviewers for their time. 面接の後、時間を割いてもらったことを感謝するEメールを面接官に送るのはいいことです。 空欄の後ろには名詞interviewersがあるので、空欄には目的語をとることのできる語が入ることがわかります。ここでは文脈から、(3) thankingが正解となります。 ---------------------- 他の答えが文法的にありえないので(3)を選び正解したのですが、解説を見る限り私の解釈は間違っていたようです。カンマで区切られているのでthanking以下は名詞を省略した節だと思っていました。解説には「thankingが目的語」とありますが、この意味が良くわかりません。 英文法に詳しく上記問題をお分かりになる方がおりましたら解説いただけませんでしょうか。よろしくお願いします。