• ベストアンサー

英文のチェックをお願いします

「大人になった子供が子供の頃の物語を読者に語っているが、これがこの作品のスタイルである」という日本文を英文にしたいのです。 私が作った英文は、 「The boy who grew up to be an adult tells the reader about the story of his childfood, and this is the style of this work.」 なのですが、友人に聞いても「どこかおかしいが、どこがおかしいかはわからない」と言われました。 どなたか教えてください。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Parismadam
  • ベストアンサー率65% (2756/4211)
回答No.2

はじめまして。 1.tellは間接目的語、直接目的語の両方をとる動詞ですから、aboutという前置詞は 不要です。 2.childfood(X)→childhood(O) 3.style「スタイル」を「作品のスタイル」として使う時、「作品の文体」となってしまい、ここで言わんとする意味にはなりません。 ここで言われているスタイルは、「作品の主旨・骨子」「作品の特徴」という意味だと思われますので、適切な訳に変える必要があります。 4.「作品」は「読者」という表現から、文学作品と拝察します。A literary workと明示してもいいでしょう。また、作品はpieceと表すこともあります。 5.あとは文法的に合っています。別の英訳例も参考に記しておきます。 A grown-up child tells the story of his childhood, and this is the summary of this literary work. 「成長した子供が、子供時代のことを語っており、これがこの文学作品の骨子です」 A grown-up child tells the story of his childhood (to the readers), and this is the nature of this literary work. 「成長した子供が、子供時代のことを読者に語っており、これがこの文学作品の性格(特徴)です」 以上ご参考までに。

nachaman
質問者

お礼

childhoodはかなり初歩的なミスでした>< 恥ずかしい限りです>< styleという単語は文体という意味になってしまうのは知りませんでした。 最後にある二つの英文を参考にさせてもらいたいと思います。 とても詳しい説明、そしてすばやい回答ありがとうございました!!!

その他の回答 (2)

• mabomk
  • ベストアンサー率40% (1414/3521)
回答No.3

私なら、最も短くこう書くでしょう、多分! The story is telling you about his days as a child, the style is all through to the end. 書き手が大人だとは読めば判るので、わざわざ「大人になった」云々はバッサリ切り捨てました。 切り捨て御免!

nachaman
質問者

お礼

たしかに大人になったということは切り捨てても問題なさそうですね! いままでにもそんな英文見てきましたし! 英文を参考にさせていただきます!! 回答ありがとうございました!!!!!

noname#69788
noname#69788
回答No.1

styleという単語がおかしいと思います。これでは、文体という意味になってしまいます。

nachaman
質問者

お礼

styleという単語ではだめなんですね>< 辞書で調べたりしたいと思います!英語って難しいです・・・ 回答ありがとうございました!!!

関連するQ&A

• 英文添削をお願いします。

英語の再勉強中です。 英文を作成しましたので添削をお願いします。 There was also an affair today. Of course, that result was our big boss. After our boss reported his work to him, he took a joke, ‘the man who gave me this info told me that this is so expensive.’ This word aroused him and yelled. Then he himself called on the man who said it and clamed about it like child in the presence of us. It was really unbelievable scene. There is a problem wherever he is.

• 英文のチェックおねがいします

ある本の感想文ということで書いているのですが、 意味が取れないところ、文法的におかしいところがあったら指摘していただけたら幸いです。 文章の大体の内容は、大人になるために学校に行くのに、学校に行く期間が長くなっている今は昔より大人になれない人が増えている矛盾が生じているということについて話されていて、そのことについての感想(考察)ですのでお願いします。 In this article, it is said that paradoxical phenomenon is happening that the longer time you go to school, the more difficult to be an adult. But I think that school only help us to be an adult even if we go to school for a long time. Going to school is not directory related to be an adult. However, the society today is richer than before. It is certain to approach your ideal more easily. Why is it happening that there are many people who can't become an adult. We might not be able to grow up because we satisfy with our present situation. Actually, the people in the developing country are more ardent to study than those in the developed country such as Japan. "Strong feeling" that they want to change their current situation might make them do so. The "strong feeling" drives them to feel "I want to do". And then, to try to approach their ideal makes them to be an adult further more. We can put off growing up to be an adult in our society. You use this chance or kill it depend on you.(←このチャンスを生かすか殺すかはあなた次第) If you can keep a feeling to get better yourself without contenting your present situation, you will really grow up to be an adult.

• この英文の訳わかるかたおしえてください(長文です)

この英文の訳わかるかたおしえてください(長文です) But what `s so special about the man who is called the naked chef? I t stared one day in 1997. At that time Jamie was working at the famous river café in London. H e appeared on television as part of a documentary about the restaurant. H is passion , his easygoing style. And his good looks made an impression . soon he was the star of a cooking program whose title is the naked chef . it was an overnight success. He was only 21years old. 本の一部です。訳がわからないのでわかるかたながくなりますが教えてください

• 英文の中で分からない所があります。

Stewart and his team of scientists have now also produced an artificial glue that hardens in water. Unlike the worm's glue, however, the glue that they have created hardens when the temperature rises. This would make it ideal for use inside the body, where the temperature is higher than in the surrounding air. 英検長文から抜粋しました。 This would make it ideal の This とit はそれぞれ何を指しますか? this→温度が上がると固まる性質 it→? 自信がありません。ご指導お願いします。

• マクベスの英文について

It's about a man who is destroyed by his overwhelming desire to become king; about his wife who is driven mad to the point that she sleepwalks trying to get imaginary bloodstains off her hands. この英文の2行目から、どう訳していいのか分かりません。 解説して教えて下さい。よろしくお願いします。

• 英文を訳して下さい。

he wife of the Republican presidential front-runner said Tuesday he is “an adult and he knows the consequences” of his prolific and sometimes inflammatory Twitter use. She was asked by CNN’s Anderson Cooper if she ever tried to get Trump to put his phone away and rein in his social media activity. “Anderson, if he would only listen. I do say it many times,” she replied, after revealing that she doesn’t let their young son, Barron, on Twitter. Trump, who has 7.5 million Twitter followers and nearly as many on Facebook, boasted about his social media prowess, saying it gives him a huge advantage over his rivals while marveling at its great reach. “I really enjoy doing it but it’s an asset,” he said. “You see what’s going on and there is some genius there. You just have to find the right genius.” Trump, who said he would sharply curtail but not eliminate his Twitter use if elected president, acknowledged that his retweets of supporters comments have gotten him in trouble. He has come under fire several times for his Twitter usage, most recently when he retweeted an unflattering photo of Heidi Cruz, the wife of Republican rival Ted Cruz. But Trump insisted that he composes his own tweets and doesn’t run any posts past an adviser or focus group. “During the day when I’m in the office, I just shout it out to one of the young ladies in the office,” who then does the typing, Trump said. But “during the evenings, after 7 p.m. or so, I will always do it by myself.” The Twitter revelations came near the end of an hour-long town hall in which Trump was joined by his Slovenian-born wife, a former model, and his four grown children. Trump ceded center stage for much of the evening, as his children answered a dozen question from the New York City audience and attempted to cast a warm, humanizing light on their sometimes abrasive father. Ivanka Trump, who gave birth two weeks ago, spoke eloquently about her father, who is aiming to decisively win the primary next week in his home state of New York, increasing the chances that he can clinch the Republican presidential nomination before the party’s convention this summer.

• 英文の邦訳

In this sense, our notion of control can be related to Weber’s definition of “power”, i.e. the probability of an individual to be able to impose their will despite the opposition of the others. この英文中, their will は意味を考えると,「個人( an individual)の意志」と思われますが,この解釈が正しいとして,なぜ,hisではなく, theirなのでしょうか? 御教示いただければ幸いです。

• この英文の意味が掴めずで困っています・・・

以下の英文を海外の彼女から受け取りました。 何か詩的?な文章の引用かと思いますが、私の英語理解力が低くて、翻訳ソフトで変換しても、何を言わんとしているのか意味が掴めません。 長文で申し訳ないと思ったのですが、どなたか意訳できる方いましたら、分かるように解説してもらえたら大変助かります。 よろしくお願いします。 ----------------------- Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep... wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you're just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky his is to have you.... The one who turns to his friends and says, 'that's her.'

• 次の英文訳って・・・

初歩的な質問で恐縮です。以下の英文は何と訳せばいいのでしょうか? What three examples does Maiku give of things that people buy that 'say something about who you are'? give of things ... about who you are の部分が一番解釈しにくい です。 英文解釈が得意な方いましたら、ご教授願います。

• 英文の訳し方がわからず、投稿させていただきました。

英文の訳し方がわからず、投稿させていただきました。 This hand of mine is burning red. It's loud roar tells me to defeat you. 海外で物作りをされている方から頂いたコメントです。 どのように訳したらいいものか困っております。ご助言お願い申し上げます。