• ベストアンサー

【英訳】この名言は日本語に直すと?

“I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying” これの意味がどうしてもわかりません。 ご存知の方教えていただけたら幸いです。

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.4

アメリカに38年半住んでいる者です。 私なりに書かせてくださいね。 訳は皆さんのおっしゃるような訳で良いと思います。 しかし、ユーモアを感じて欲しいと思います。 ユーモア的な日本語に直すと、俺の名声で不死身になれるなんて言うたわごとは欲しいとは思わないね。 死なずにすむ不死身が欲しいんだよ、俺は。と言うフィーリングなのです。 ユーモアを感じることが出来ましたでしょうか。 これでいかがでしょうか? 分かりにくい点がありましたら、補足質問してください。 

その他の回答 (3)

• Parismadam
  • ベストアンサー率65% (2756/4211)
回答No.3

はじめまして。 とても現実主義的な人の発言です。 直訳は「自分の作品を通して、不死を遂げたいとは思わない。死なないことを通して、不死を遂げたい」 → 意訳「作品を後世に残すことで、永遠に生きつづけようとは思わない。肉体的に死なないという不死の実感が欲しい」 つまり、ここでは、作品(著作や芸術作品など)を後世に残すことで、自分の名、自分が生きた証を永遠に残すことには関心がなく、現実的な肉体の不死を願っている、ということを言っているのです。 ご参考までに。

• ANASTASIAK
  • ベストアンサー率19% (658/3306)
回答No.2

自分の作品で不死を得たいなんて思わないね。不死身の不死ならほしい けど。

• d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.1

作品によって不死を得ようとは思わない。死なないことによって不死を得たいと思う。 多分、「自分の作品で不死(の名声)を得ようとは思わないなあ。不死を得て死ななくなるならうれしいけど。」のようなジョークっぽいニュアンスの発言ではないかと思います。

関連するQ&A

• 日本語に訳してくださいその1

海外からの、送金を受けたいのですが。。 訳して貰えますか? Hi Shuji, How are you doing? I came on here to reply you from my second e-mail, I just came back from Work and i want to login to my Gmail, I don't know who collected my Gmail please if anybody reply you don't answer this is my second e-mail for you to contact me any time. Have you heard from the bank today? because they should have start processing the money to your account Ok Let me know back as soon as they contact you from the bank. Thank You

• 英訳

i not want to date 意味を教えてください。

• この日本語はどう訳せばいいのですか?

「私は,どんな事をしてでも,そのレースで彼に勝ちたい」は I want to win him (in?) the race [whatever I do/no matter what I do]. この文で合っていますか?(  )の部分が特に心配です. 「私は,そんな事をしてまで彼に勝ちたくない.」 I don't want to win him as much as I do such a thing. [not~as much as I do such a thing.]を使って 「そんな事をするほど~ない」と言うようにしたかったのですが,何か不自然な気がします. この文より良い文を教えてください.

• 英語の日本語訳を教えて下さい

外国の方から以下のようなメールを頂きました。 何となく意味は分からなくもないのですが、本当の意味を知りたくて。。。 「来年日本に行ってタトゥーを入れたいが、どこに行けばいいのか?」 ぐらいに考えています。 Oh before i forget I wanted to ask you, when I go to Japan next year I want to get my Tattoo done there I am just not sure were to go? 分かる方、教えて頂けないでしょうか? よろしくお願いします!

• 日本語にして下さい!

You are not a burden to me. I like emailing you back and forth. I also don't wanna lose you in my life.

• 日本語にして下さい!!よろしくお願いします。

Now, I want to tell you more about my prayers ^^ As you told me your secret. Mine is not a secret, but it’s not even something I tell everybody! I’m telling you because… I want to :D It’s not something I like to share with other people, but I want to share it with you.As I said, I don’t pray for myself (unless I am in real trouble, in that case I may ask a small help). The only thing I ask for me is to be always good, and always make right choices. I pray for other people. I pray for my best friend, my grandmother, who helped me during a difficult period (I will tell you about this in another email), generally, for who needs help, or is suffering. And actually, more recently I added another person to my prayers. You might know her. Her name is Mika ^^ I hope you don’t mind, or feel bad about it >.<I didn’t really believe in God in the past, but I changed my mind as I grew up and gained consciousness of things…well! This is a story to be told next time :D Hey, one last thing! When I sent you the picture of my ‘reading to bed’ moment, were you somehow perplexed? Because I said I was only showing it to you? I am asking, because you answered “I see...XD”. If you were perplexed, why? :D Thank you again!Have a nice day and take care!Fabio

• 英訳してください

英語の歌詞を訳してほしいです。 I became somebody through lovin’ you Sometimes in life, You run across a love unknown Without a reason, it seems like you belong, Hold on dear life, Don’t go off running from what’s new sometimes I go on through life thinking that love is somethin’ that’s not meant for me わからないところを抜粋しました。 曲はAnthony Hamiltonの「dear life」です。 よろしくお願いします。 参考全詩 Early was the morn, Flowers filled with dew, I became somebody through lovin’ you, Softly as a child, Born in natural rain, I predict the seasons to go unchanged, Sometimes in life, You run across a love unknown, Without a reason, it seems like you belong, Hold on dear life, Don’t go off running from what’s new, I became somebody through loving you, Warm was the sun, That covered my body, soul, Reminded me of you as I first known, Those were the days, The days that changed my life and made me new, I became somebody through loving you, Sometimes in life, You run across a love unknown, Without a reason, it feels like you belong, Hold on dear life, Don’t go off running from what’s new, I became somebody through loving you, As the sun shines...down on me, I know with you my love is where I want to be, Oh sometimes I go on through life thinking that love is somethin’ that’s not meant for me, Somebody, somebody Hold on dear life, Don’t go off running from what’s new I became somebody through lovin you I became somebody through lovin you Oh I became somebody through lovin you

• 日本語の表現について教えてください。

I am writing a blog post in Japanese to share with my Japanese friends my secret recipe . I want to write something like "I am going to share my secret recipe with you." Can I say in Japanese "自分の秘方をみなさんにシェアです。"?If not, how can I say?

• 英訳お願いします

ネイティブとの会話です。 会う会わないともめてた前後のメールです。 なんだかショックでうまく訳せないのでよろしくお願いします。 (1) 私:今日本当に私と会いたいの? 相手:Every time I ask you where to meet or anything that would actually result in meeting we get back here. We should have moved on from whether we want to meet a week ago, but here we are. I guess I feel like you're trying to trap me into something when I don't know you. (2) 私:昨日私と会いたくなかったのを知っている 相手:It's not like I never wanted to meet up you just ask me if I "really" want to. I'm not like dying to, I just thought it could be fun but you pressurize it :( (3) 私:だからやっぱり私と会いたくなかったんだ 相手:You're accusing me of "not wanting to" when I told you I wouldn't know what I thought except in person. 英語に詳しい方のみ回答をよろしくお願いします。

• 日本語訳してください

The Monkey's Pawという話に出てくる文で意味がわからないところがあります。 'We don’t have money to give away for nothing!' Mrs White was angry now. 'Well,yes.' her husband answered. 'I did, but not much, and first he didn’t want to take it. He wanted the Monkey’s paw.' お願いします。