• ベストアンサー

日本名水百選を英語で言うと?

最近外国の方に聞かれて説明に悩んだ事です。 普通に考えたら「spring water top 100 in Japan」でも通じそうなものなのですが、 日本名水百選には河川も含まれるため、「spring water」「brand-name spring water」は適切ではないと思い悩んでおります。 適切な言い回しをご存知であれば教えてください。 #御岳渓流をspring waterというのは無茶だw

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • hossyou
  • ベストアンサー率48% (83/171)
回答No.3

ニュースにもなったので確定した英語表現があるかと思ったんですが 選定した環境省には英文がありませんでした。 以下、2種類の英文を見つけましたので参考にしてください。 Japan's 100 remarkable waters http://www.mizuhiroba.jp/en/meisui/hyakusenlist.html Selected 100 Exquisite and Well-Conserved Waters http://www.eic.or.jp/ecoterm/?act=view&serial=2539

blucky_
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 2つ目の「Exquisite and Well-Conserved」が日本名水百選の目的に一番合っていると感じました。 外国の方と環境保全の話をしている間の話題でしたので、この言い回しを使わせていただきます。 辞書に載ってませんでしたし、ネットの翻訳使ったら「purest sources of water」とか出るし…

その他の回答 (2)

• komimasaH
  • ベストアンサー率16% (179/1067)
回答No.2

単純にmineral waterとかnatural mineral waterでいいのでは。 エビアンとかボルヴィックのURLにはそう書いてあります。 渓流はmountain streamというようですが、 spring and mountain stream water top 100 in Japan 長すぎ。 しかも飲むという意味がまったくない変な訳では。 natural waterでは雨水も入りそう。

blucky_
質問者

お礼

お返事ありがとうございます。 飲み物系ならばmineral waterでいいんですけどねー なんとなくですが、komimasaHさんの水の表現を聞いている間に、 water place(水場)という表現でもいいのかなと思いました。 湧き水も河川も含みそうですし。

• ucok
  • ベストアンサー率37% (4288/11421)
回答No.1

辞書どおりでいいと思います。あとは適当に補足説明してあげればいいでしょう。 http://www2.alc.co.jp/ejr/index.php?word_in=%96%BC%90%85&word_in2=%82%A0%82%A2%82%A4%82%A6%82%A8&word_in3=PVawEWi72JXCKoa0Je

関連するQ&A

• 私が日本に行ったら名前はどうなる?

Now and then I am thinking, how were be my name , when I were in Japan? Have you got an idea? と聞かれています。 外国人の名前を日本語にするというのは具体的にどういうことなのでしょうか?(上の文章は、英語→カタカナ表記を教えて欲しいのでしょうか?) もしお分かりの方いらっしゃいましたらご回答お願いいたします。

• 英語の質問です。これはどういう意味ですか?

what do you call someone you like very much in Japan? she's never with the same guy for very long, the list goes on and on.. if you could name the top three things you most like?

• 日本名水100選とかは、誰が選んでいるんですか?

日本名水100選とかは、誰が選んでいるんですか?

• 一箇所わかりません

A company agrees to put forth their best effort and resources to sell B company's brand name product in Japan. 【訳】A社はB社のブランド製品を日本国内で販売するために最善の 努力をし、財源を費やすことに同意している。 best effortは最善の努力と解釈してよいと思うのですが、 best resourcesはどう訳するのが正しいでしょうか。 ご助言お願い致します。

• 英語

1How long have you and Aki known ( )? アeach other イtogether ウanother エother one 2Would you blame ( ) if you were in my place? アyou イI ウyourself エmyself 3In Japan, entering a college is more important than graduation from ( ). アany イone ウthat エthis 4The results of Experiment A are more reliable than ( ) of Experiment B. アones イthat ウthese エthose 5Can you tell the difference between rice grown in Japan and ( )? アAmerican one イAmerican rice ウone of America エrice of America 6Why do some planets have water and ( )? アone other does not イothers do not ウsome others do エthe other does not 7There are two reasons for our decision, and you know one of them. Now I'll tell you ( ). アanother イother ウthe other エthe others 8We have ( ) to walk before sunset. アanother miles ten イanother ten miles ウten another miles エten miles another 9I keep three cats in my room, and ( ) of them has a name. アall イeach ウeither エevery 10My sister is in the front row in the picture. She is the one ( ) in her hands. アof everything イof something ウwith anything エwith nothing 5辺りから自信がないです。語順が良く分かりませんでした。 何かルールなどがあったら教えて頂けると助かります。

• 次の英文を教えて下さい。

ヒントがhaving a large distance from the top or surface to the bottom There are very rare creatures in the (○) sea. 2、ヒントがa group consisting of one or two parent and their children "Suzuki" is a very common (○)name in Japan. ○に当てはまる単語一語と英文の意味を教えて下さい。 皆さん、たびたびすみません。 単位がかかっているんで教えて下さい。

• UNICORN英語II Lesson6 ニュージーランドについての英文の質問(4)

Then we went to Paul's mother's house to pick her up. She wanted to visit a hot spring in Hanmer Springs. There were many kinds of baths. I was surprised to find that some were like swimming pools. Others, however, were quite similar to those in Japan. There were seven pools outside and big locker rooms inside. The water in the pools was not nearly as hot as it is in Japan. On the way home we stopped at a nice park, where we ate the sandwiches we had made early this morning. The view of the mountains and the river was fantastic. Finally arriving home in the evening, I felt it had been a very long, but enjoyable day. この英文を次のように訳しました。 『それから私達は彼女を車に乗せてポールの母の家まで行った。彼女はハンマー・スプリングズの温泉を訪れたがっていた。私はスイミングプールのような風呂を見つけて驚いた。けれども日本の風呂とかなり似ているものもあった。大きな更衣室の中や外に七つのプールがあった。プールの水は日本より全く熱くなかった。  家に帰る途中で私達は素敵な公園に止まってそこで今朝早く作ったサンドイッチを食べた。山や川の景色は素晴しかった。その夜やっと家に着いた時とても長かったが楽しい一日だったと思った。』 この訳で誤訳があれば指摘し、正しい訳を教えてください。ご迷惑だと思いますがよろしくお願いします。

• 急いでいます、英語メールの翻訳をお願いします!

急いでいます、英語メールの翻訳をお願いします! ロシアの高校生の子とメールをしています。 一度自分なりに翻訳しています。しかし、教科書のような英文ではないので訳すのが難しいです。 なかなか自分が言いたいことが伝わらず、悪戦苦闘中です。そして、今ゆっくり訳す時間がないので長いのですが、翻訳をお願いします。 忙しくて返事が遅くなってしまっているので焦っています;; Japanese difficult fo' me too,and it's really interesting 'coz doesn't look like other languages ^_^ So study it,i'm sure if you'll want it you'll get it! (ロシア語難しいけど話せるようになりたいな、と前回送りました。) Sooo,it's normal in Russia xP Aand it's so cool,snow in sunny March,Wooahh,now i envy u!Snow so obvious and so boring xD When u see it every day Noo,i was here in spring\summer one time,it's sucks xD Too much mosquitos %_% STOP!It's still spring now,so i'm here all spring X_X Were're u in spring? :) Maybe next letter with song?Pleeeease -.- Sea U_U From my town to the sea so fucking much,just Arctic Sea near xD (Or smth cold i'm not strong in water-geography :]) I like pool too,but going not so often,i'm swim in the bath ^_^ lol Me and my friends makin' rap babe xD Sure i'll send u our track if i'll make it to your next letter ^_^ I'll try <3 What music do You like? J-Pop?j-Rock? ;P I know some Japenese music stars I like sushi and tea(green,white and mint much much (=) Alcohol?Ohh it's biggest Russia problem.Soo in some shops u can buy it if you're from 0 to 99 xD You can buy it everywhere,but our law say-DON'T GIVE DIS SHIT TO THEM IF THEY'RE NOT 18! Smth like that ^_^ I drink it :P Every kind of it X_X ***But i'm not an alcoholic*** xD We're drink it fo' fun (日本ではアルコールが入っている飲料は20歳からだよ、と教えました。) This letter so fucking boring :( Sorry,I PROMISE next will be with video,photos and mp3. =* I'm live in Internet from one your letter to another <3

• 英語の訳

ニューヨークタイムスの新聞記事です。下記の訳を知りたいです。 長いですがどなたかよろしくお願いします。 http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/12/world/asia/12codes.html?_r=1 ↑下記の文章が載っているホームページ A bus stop was crushed by part of a wall that had fallen from a nearby building in the city of Sendai, where a tsunami roared over embankments. Hidden inside the skeletons of high-rise towers, extra steel bracing, giant rubber pads and embedded hydraulic shock absorbers make modern Japanese buildings among the sturdiest in the world during a major earthquake. And all along the Japanese coast, tsunami warning signs, towering seawalls and well-marked escape routes offer some protection from walls of water. An oil refinery burned in the city of Chiba after Friday’s earthquake. In Japan, where quakes are more common than in the United States, building codes have long been much more stringent. These precautions, along with earthquake and tsunami drills that are routine for every Japanese citizen, show why Japan is the best-prepared country in the world for the twin disasters of earthquake and tsunami — practices that undoubtedly saved lives, though the final death toll is unknown. In Japan, where earthquakes are far more common than they are in the United States, the building codes have long been much more stringent on specific matters like how much a building may sway during a quake. After the Kobe earthquake in 1995, which killed about 6,000 people and injured 26,000, Japan also put enormous resources into new research on protecting structures, as well as retrofitting the country’s older and more vulnerable structures. Japan has spent billions of dollars developing the most advanced technology against earthquakes and tsunamis. Japan has gone much further than the United States in outfitting new buildings with advanced devices called base isolation pads and energy dissipation units to dampen the ground’s shaking during an earthquake. The isolation devices are essentially giant rubber-and-steel pads that are installed at the very bottom of the excavation for a building, which then simply sits on top of the pads. The dissipation units are built into a building’s structural skeleton. They are hydraulic cylinders that elongate and contract as the building sways, sapping the motion of energy. Of course, nothing is entirely foolproof. Structural engineers monitoring the events from a distance cautioned that the death toll was likely to rise as more information became available. Dr. Jack Moehle, a structural engineer at the University of California, Berkeley, said that video of the disaster seemed to show that some older buildings had indeed collapsed. The country that gave the world the word tsunami, especially in the 1980s and 1990s, built concrete seawalls in many communities, some as high as 40 feet, which amounted to its first line of defense against the water. In some coastal towns, in the event of an earthquake, networks of sensors are set up to set off alarms in individual residences and automatically shut down floodgates to prevent waves from surging upriver. Critics of the seawalls say they are eyesores and bad for the environment. The seawalls, they say, can instill a false sense of security among coastal residents and discourage them from participating in regular evacuation drills. Moreover, by literally cutting residents’ visibility of the ocean, the seawalls reduce their ability to understand the sea by observing wave patterns, critics say. Waves from Friday’s tsunami spilled over some seawalls in the affected areas. “The tsunami roared over embankments in Sendai city, washing cars, houses and farm equipment inland before reversing directions and carrying them out to sea,” according to a statement by a Japanese engineer, Kit Miyamoto, circulated by the American Society of Civil Engineers. “Flames shot from some of the houses, probably because of burst gas pipes.”

• 英語の添削をお願いします!

英語が得意な方、お力を貸してください。 添削していただけるとたいへん助かります。 どうぞ宜しくお願いします。 1. Photographers are drawn to particular luster of the area’s water, which owes its brilliance to the light that shines through the water and bounces off the white rock of the Dakigaeri Valley’s shallow stream beds. Another must-see attraction of the area is a section of the valley known as Seiganji. It gets its temple-like name thanks to mist, which resembles rising plumes of incense, kicked up by a nearby waterfall. 2. The village of Higi in Senshyu is known as the “Little Kyoto”of Tohoku, thanks mostly to the traditional architecture of the buildings that were once the homes of Akita’s samurai. Kakunodate was founded by the Ashina family in 1620, and much of the appearance of its samurai quarter has been unchanged since then. Many of the houses still belong to the descendants of these samurai families, but others have been turned into shops, cafes, and museums. For history buffs, the two most impressive residences are the Yagi House and the Guro House, both of which feature impressive collections of armor, artwork, and weapons that date back to the days of Japan’s celebrated warriors.