The Population of Argentina

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Argentina's population is much smaller compared to Japan, with only about 40 million people.
  • The population rank of Argentina is 31st, while Japan's is surprisingly 10th.
  • While Argentina's population is increasing at a rate of 0.938%, Japan's population is decreasing at a rate of -0.088%.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

添削してください。

明後日、学校で英語でプレゼンしないといけません。 書いた英語が文法的に正しいか添削をお願いします。 THE POPULATION OF ARGENTINA I will tell you about the population of Argentina. There live 40,301,927(forty million, three hundred one thousand, nine hundred twenty-seven) people in Argentina―about forty million people. Considering the population of Japan is about one hundred twenty million, that of Argentina is very small. As you can see, THREE TIMES!! So the rank of Argentina’s population is the 31st, and that of Japan’s is, to my surprise, the 10th. However, the population of Argentina is increasing and its population growth rate is 0.938%. On the other hand, in Japan, as you know, the number of people is decreasing. The rate of Japan is -0.088%. So in 2050 there will be about 51,382,000 people in Argentina, and about 112,198,000 in Japan. では、よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • go_urn
  • ベストアンサー率57% (938/1643)
回答No.1

こんにちは! よく書けていますし、個性が感じられる英語ですので、下手に直すのも考えものですが、僕が言うならということで、手を入れますので、気に入った部分があれば取り入れていただければと思います。 THE POPULATION OF ARGENTINA The topic I've chosen is the population of Argentina. According to one statistic, there live 40,301,927(forty million, three hundred one thousand, nine hundred twenty-seven) people in Argentina. So, it's safe to say the current population of Argentina is about forty million. Compared with the population of Japan, which is about one hundred twenty million, that of Argentina seems very small, being one third. The population of Argentina ranks the 31st in the world, while that of Japan, the 10th. Incidentally, when I found that Japan has the 10th largest population in the world, I was surprised! I had never thought Japan's population was so large. However, the population of Argentina is on the increase with the growth rate of 0.938%. On the other hand, in Japan, as you know very well, the population is decreasing. with the rate of 0.088%. So it is estimated that in 2050 there will be about 51,382,000 people in Argentina, whereas about 112,198,000 in Japan. The population of Argentina will come near to about half as large as that of Japan.

yuru186
質問者

お礼

本当にありがとうございました。 自分の言わんとするところを上手く汲み取っていただいた英文で、 これで言いたいところ分かってもらえるかなぁと不安に思っていたところを言葉を足していただいたので、とてもよかったです。 外大生ながら、まだまだ英語力とそれに必須の母国語力の欠如を感じます。 専攻のイタリア語やる前に日本語どうにかしろってかんじです。 それでは、 ありがとうございました!!

関連するQ&A

• What is the population of Japan?

を間接疑問文にすると、 a. Do you know what is the population of Japan? b. Do you know what the population of Japan is? のどっちになりますか?もし、a になった場合は、whatが主語になっていることだと思いますが、それなら、100 million is the population of Japan.という文が元にあったと思いますが、ふつうはthe population of Japan is 100 million.のほうが自然のように思います。だから、b.のほうがいいように思うのですが。

• 短い英訳の添削をお願いします

日本人は旅行好きのようで、昨夏に国内外のどこかへ旅行した人の数はおよそ5百万人らしい 回答例)Japanese people seem to like traveling.I hear about five million Japanese traveled either in Japan or to foreign countries last summer 自分の回答)It seems that Japanese people like to travel.I hear the number of people who traveled either in Japan or abroad is about five million.

• 和訳をお願いします。

以下の文の和訳をお願いします。 Britain, with 61.9 million people, has about 40.6 million people of working age. But together, the 27 countries in the European Union, population 494.9 million, represent a labor pool of about 329.7 million. (Only citizens of Romania and Bulgaria are restricted from working freely in Britain, and they will gain that right in January when temporary restrictions imposed by Britain lapse.)

• 英語の数字の読み方

英語の数字の読み方を教えて頂きたく質問投稿させて頂きます。 millionまでの読み方です。 下記は適当に今考えた数字です。 例えば、923,609,614というものであれば、nine hundred and twenty three million, six hundred and nine thousand, six hundred and fourteen で当ってますでしょうか。 間違っていれば正しい読み方と大きい数字の読み方のコツをご教授下さい。 宜しく御願い致しますm(_ _)m

• 英文の添削よろしくおねがいします。長くなります すいません

1、Japan has the world’s most elderly        population, and geriatric care is a serious    issue. (日本は世界で1番お年よりの人口が多い、だから老人の介護が重要な問題である。) 先生に見せましたところ 日本文と英語があっていないといわれました。この文をこちら(goo)で訂正していただきましたがそれもダメといわれました。ちなみに ↓ In Japan,it is a seious matter to elder people,as the most country with elder population.です それから。 英国人にしたら「優しくする」ということは「厳しくする」ことだ。という文の後に↓ The elderly are not pampered to, but encouraged to take care of themselves. (英国のお年寄りは甘やかされず、(自分の面倒を自分で看るようにはげまされ、)自立しているのである) という文を書いたんですがpamperd to がおかしいといわれました。どのようにすればよいのでしょうか。 あと占めくくりみたいなかんじで In these ways, for older people in Japan to truly live like people all of us must know and understand the tyuth of caring for our elders. (このように、日本のお年よりが、本当に人間らしい生活をするためには、われわれ1人1人が老人の方々の介護の現実を知り、それを理解しなければならない) という文にしたくて書きましたがいまいちだといわれました。 どのように変えれば良いでしょうか?

• スピーチ風英文の添削をお願いします。

駅を「here」--(lineう)--「stationい」--(lineえ)--「stationあ」としてあります☆ 「here」 から 「stationあ(自分の地元)」に帰るまでの道のりから始まるスピーチを英語にしました。 この英文を添削していただきたいです^^; I’m going to give you a speech about my hometown あ. あ is in ん prefecture. あ is toward to い from here. (「あ」はここから「い」方面にあります。と、したいです^^;) fifty minutes ride on local train of う line enables to reach い station from here. Another thirty minutes ride on local train of え line enables to reach あ station. So, I took about one and half hour when I go back to my hometown あ, including the time to change trains. あ is famous for fireworks. Firework festival is performed in あ every year. When the day comes, there are more than five hundred stalls to sell Yakisoba Okonomi and so on. About two hundred thousand(20万人,としたいです^^;) peoples go there and twenty-thousand fireworks are launched in about three hours. It tells you how big this festival is. あhigh school is also famous for having a strong baseball club. Although あ high school is not private school, they appeared on the stage of KOUSHIEN in 2001. I think it is wonderful thing. Above all, my speech was finished. Thank you for your listening my speech. ホントにわかりにくい文章ですいません。 お願いします!!! あと、文法が変なところなどあったら先生の代わりに 教えてください^^;

• 和訳お願いします。

Japanese are fond of saying that Japan is a very small country and America a very large country. America is not the largest country in the world, and Japan is not the smallest. If one limits oneself to the forty-eight states that are the main part of the country, the United States is not even the largest country in the western hemisphere. Brazil is larger. Japan, on the other hand, is larger than any European country except France and the Soviet Union, and about the same size as two Germanies combined. Yet it remains true that America is a much larger country than Japanese. The area of the forty-eight adjoining states is more than twenty times that of Japan, which is almost exactly the same size as the third largest of the forty-eight, Montana.

• 添削と解説お願いいたします。

こんばんは. 和訳添削よろしくお願い致します. (1)I often watched the sun start to set and then rise agein. →私はしばしば太陽が沈み始めるのとそれから(太陽が)再びあがるのを見た。 (2)The village had only about two hundred people, and I probably met them all in my first two or three days. →その村はたった約200人いておそらく初日、2日あるいは3日で彼らすべてと会っただろう。 どうぞよろしくお願い致します。

• 英語 和訳

訳を教えてください。 お願いします(>_<) Today,60 percent of disposable waste in Japan consists of packaging. So why not use the ゛furoshiki",a piece of square clote that can warp things in an endless variety of ways? You can use it like a bag ora knap-sack-it's up to your imagination how you use it. It's more stylish and ecological than using paper or plastic bag. About 2.8 billion people-half of the world's population-live off less than $2 a day. For these are no mobile phone,bicycle,television sets or refrigerator. In Japan,50 million mobile phones are exchange for new models or become defunct. On top of that, 6.5 million bicycles,3.55 million television sets and 2.65 million refrigerators are thrown away every year.

• 日本語訳をお願いします

Um, prepare supper for eighteen hundred, and then eighteen hundred to twenty-two is wash up after supper.And twenty-two to zero-two you can just sit and drink tea, ok? With regard to watches, um, if you can be on time, be vigilant ,keep the log, which is the log book we have to write,and stay awake. Josh, if you want to take care and do the anchor and get a couple of people to help you. 上の文章は、船長らしき人が船員に向かって言っているのですが、数字のeighteen hundred、eighteen hundred to twenty-two、twenty-two to zero-twoは何を示しているのでしょうか? また、最後の文章の、if you wanto to take care and do the anchorですが、何をtake careするのでしょうか?このanchorは碇でしょうか?get couple of people to help youは、人手が必要だったら何人か連れていっていい、と言う認識で大丈夫でしょうか?help youの後は、periodが入ってて、次はまったく別の話が始まります。 英語が得意な方、また船上で使われる言葉に詳しい方、教えてください!よろしくお願いします。