• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:geometricalって?)

geometricalって?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 一般相対性理論の中で使われる「geometrical」という言葉の意味がわからないです。
  • 幾何学的とは、二つの事件が光線によって繋がれるという述べることであり、この状況は一つの観測者が真実と見なすならば全ての観測者が真実と見なすことを指します。
  • 幾何学的な関係を持つとは、光線によって二つの事件が繋がれるということであり、この関係は一つの観測者にとって真実であるならば、全ての観測者にとって真実であることを指します。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#101087
noname#101087
回答No.1

>... the statment that two events A and B be connected by a >light ray is geometrical in that if one observer finds >it to be true then all observers will find it to be true. 「一般相対性理論」は "It's all Greek to me." ですけど、せめて英文解釈だけでも....。  (if one observer find ... to be true.)という点では、  (two events A and B ... light ray )という statment<記述>は「geometrical」なものである。 ... てな感じですから、このあと対照的な statment<記述>、例えば「physical」な statment<記述>でも来るのでしょうか。 そうでしたら、やはり「幾何学的」でしょう。 「physical」=「物理学的」が現象の法則的な面、つまり想定されるモデルを連想させるのに対し、 「geometrical」=「幾何学的」は現象の外見的な面、つまり見た目には、というニュアンスを含んでいるようです。

Dirax
質問者

補足

その文章の後は  On the other hand、statement that A and B occur in the same place , like lightning striking the same tree twice, is certainly nongeometrical. Certainly the tree will appear to be in the same place at each lightning strike to a person standing nearby , but not to a passing astronaut who happens to be flying by in his spaceship at 10,000 mile per hour. となっているんですが、そうすると何かニュアンスもかわってくるので しょうか?

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (3)

• shiara
  • ベストアンサー率33% (85/251)
回答No.4

Aを中心とした光円錐を考えたとき、Bが光円錐上にある場合を「geometrical」と言っているのではないでしょうか。このとき、AとBの間の四次元距離はゼロであり、どの座標系からみてもBは光円錐上にあります。一方、Bが光円錐の中にあれば、Bは時間的な位置にあり、適当な座標系に移ることで、AとBを同じ空間座標にすることができます。このようにすると、AとBは同じ場所で、時間だけが違う、ということになります。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
noname#101087
noname#101087
回答No.3

#1 です。 「non-geometrical」でしたか.... 。 前回の statment<記述>でAとBが光線でつながっているというのは<落雷>のこと、今回のは<落雷現象>が二度続けて起きるケースですね。 (樹木は<落雷>の瞬間しか目にできないという暗闇みたいです) 一回限りの<落雷>は「誰が見ても<真>」という意味で「geometrical」。 <ダブル落雷>の場合、近くの(静止)観察者には二回見えたB(樹木)が同じ場所にあるとわかるけど、高速運動している観察者にはわかない、という意味で「non-geometrical」。 ... ということは、「geometrical」は「場所を正しく同定できる」、「non-geometrical」はそれができない、というのでしょうか。 地図次元(geometrical)だけじゃだめだから時計次元(non-geometrical)を入れますよ、というのはまたもや先読みが過ぎそうです。 (物理学にしては「メタファー」が過ぎるようなテキストに見えますが)

Dirax
質問者

お礼

とてもよくわかりました。 今日は気持ちよく寝れそうです^^ お忙しい中のご指導、ありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • masudaya
  • ベストアンサー率47% (250/524)
回答No.2

英語苦手ですが... 一般相対論では,数学としてリーマン幾何学や微分幾何学を扱っていたかと思います.一般相対論上,光の軌跡はリーマン幾何学で言うところの測地線になると思います. この辺でなんかヒントになりませんか?

Dirax
質問者

お礼

測地線という見方はしていませんでした^^) かなり参考になりました。 ありがとうございます

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 次の英文を和訳してほしいです。

When the two metal plates are connected to a high-voltage source, the negatively charged plate, called the cathode, emits an invisible ray. The cathode ray is drawn to the positively charged plate, called the anode, where it passes through a hole and continues traveling to the other end of the tube. When the ray strikes the specially coated surface, it produces a strong fluorescence, or bright light. この英文を訳してほしいです。お願いします。

• to の使い方 英語

I wanted it to be a lie できれば嘘であって欲しかった このtoの使い方がよく分かりません。 I wanted (that) It be a lieなら理解できるのですが、、

• what Bestの邦訳をお願いします。

Add to this tendency what Best suggests is a fetishism for statistics, combine it with the public’s general innumeracy, and it is hardly surprising that potentially dubious numbers become widely disseminated “social facts”—things that are deemed to be “true” because they are widely believed to be true. 上記英文中のwhat Bestの邦訳をお願いします。

• 英文の邦訳の添削

全体の幸福の総量より大きい方に一致する分配される効用の2つの集計の中のどちらかに関連する問題に対する決定的な答えが常にあると言うことは真実かも知れない(It may be true that there is always a determinate answer to the question as to which of two aggregates of distributed utilities corresponds to the greater amount of total well-being.)。 以上の和訳の添削をお願い致します。

• then it generally is.

次の英文の解釈は、「もしモデルが、本当だというには良いように見えすぎるならば、一般的に、それは本当にそれだけ良いモデルなのだ」であってますか? If a model looks too good to be true, then it generally is. 文脈の詳細は以下の通りです。 One must remember, however, that no model is perfect, and that all models are merely approximations. But some of these approximations will turn out to be useful and lead to insights. One needs to become a critical user of models. If a model looks too good to be true, then it generally is. Models need to be checked, and we emphasized earlier that models should not be evaluated on the data that had been used to build them. Models are “fine-tuned” to the data of the training set, and it is not obvious whether this good performance carries over to other data sets.

• 英作文の添削をしてくれませんか??

(1)Do you think it is important to study english? (2)What kind of job do you want to exprience? という問題がテストに出るので事前に考えてくることと言われましたが、作ってみたところ文法的に正しいかどうか分かりませんので添削お願いします。 高一までの学習範囲で、できればお願いいたします。 (1)yes,I do the two reasons First I like A foreign film Therefore I want to watch it without translation (←勉強をして)をいれたい Next I want to go to the university Because of that I think it it important to study English (2)Yes,I do I want to be A programmer The two reasons First,I like to use the PC second, I can make a lot of people efficient Because of that Ihink want to Be a programmer という内容なのですが、現在仮定法を学習しているので一つぐらい使いたいです。あとここはthat節を使ったほうがいいなどという点があれば教えていただきたいです。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

. A replica was built at Merlimont and a detachment of tanks under Major Bingham rehearsed on it, using "shoes" on the tank tracks and special detachable steel ramps carried by the tanks, until they could climb the wall. In experiments on the Thames estuary, the pontoons performed exceptionally well, riding out very bad weather and being easier to manoeuvre than expected, suggesting that they could be used again after the initial assault, to land reinforcements. Night landings were also practised, with wire stretched between buoys to guide the pontoons to within 100 yards (91 m) of their landing place. In the period after Operation Strandfest, 52 Squadron Royal Flying Corps (RFC) and the Fourth Balloon Wing, developed a III Wing practice of co-operation during artillery observation, by having balloon observers direct preliminary ranging, until shells were landing close to a target, then handing over to the aeroplane observer for the final corrections of aim. When the air observer had ranged the guns, the balloon observer took over again. The new method economised on aircrew and had the advantage of telephone communication between the ground and the balloon, since aircraft wireless could only transmit. Air co-operation with Royal Engineer sound ranging was also practised. A line of microphones were connected to a receiving station further back and activated by a forward observer. Air observers routinely sent "NF" by wireless and a position report when German batteries were seen to be firing and since German shelling often cut off the ground observer from contact with the rear, the sound-ranging station was equipped with a wireless receiver and used receipt of "NF", to activate the sound ranging apparatus.

• よろしくお願いします

I was recently a victim of fraud. It involved a job offer that turned out to be fake and a check that turned out to be bad. a check that turned out to be badは「使い物にならない小切手」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• "that"が省略できる場合とできない場合

(1) It was clear that something had to be done. (2) It's a pity that Tanaka could not join our meeting. (3) Is it true (that) you are going abroad? (4) It is natural (that) she should get angry. ロイヤル英文法から引用しました。(3)と(4)では "that" が省略でき、(1)と(2)では省略可能という意味でしょうか?本当ですか?

• カッコに入る語句を教えてください。

It is true that many disturbed people lack "confidence" in themselves, ( ) confidence cannot be achived by a magic incantation, by resolving grimly to "believe" in oneself. (  )に入る語は何でしょうか? あと、It is that~の文は、形式主語と新主語の構文ですか?