• 締切済み

ビジネス文章にて

1つの長期プロジェクトが完了したという表現で、 * The project was completed * The project had completed * The project had been completed では、具体的にどのような違いがあって、使い分けができるでしょうか? また、「プロジェクトで取得したデータを現在取りまとめ中」 という表現でも同様に、 * The results of the project are summarizing * The results of the project are summarized * The results of the project are being summarized ですと、具体的にどのような違いを持って、使い分けができるでしょうか? いつもご回答誠にありがとうございます。 お二方にしかポイント寄与できず困惑中ですが、ご意見を頂戴できましたら幸いです。 どうぞよろしくお願い申し上げます。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

みんなの回答

• Parismadam
  • ベストアンサー率65% (2756/4211)
回答No.2

No.1です。早速のご丁寧なお礼のお返事を有難うございます。参考書についてのご質問が別途ありましたので、そちらに回答してしまいました。ちょうど入れ違いに回答してしまったのですね(笑)。そちらに詳しく参考書などを挙げていますのでご参考になさって下さい。頑張って下さいね。

• Parismadam
  • ベストアンサー率65% (2756/4211)
回答No.1

はじめまして。 1. ご質問の3つの文を分析しますと、 The project was completed: 過去時制ですから、現在とは関係ありません。一時間前か、昨日か、一ヶ月前か、一年前か、ある過去の時点にすでに終わっていることになり、現在との関わりが感じられません。 The project had completed : completeは「~を完了させる」という他動詞ですから、ご質問文の意味にするためには、projectが主語ならば受動態にしなくてはなりません。*このような能動態だと「そのプロジェクトが(別のプロジェクトなど)を補完し終了させた」といった意味になります。 The project had been completed: 過去完了ですから、3つの中では一番ふさわしいですが、これもある過去の時点で完了したことを表しているので、現在とは何の関係もないことになってしまいます。1ヶ月前にやっと終わって、このプロジェクトは一段落着いたという場合には使えます。 長期のプロジェクトがやっと完了し、それが次のプロジェクトに関わっていくのなら、現在完了が一番ふさわしいでしょう。例: The project has been completed. 2. The results of the project are summarizing: Summarizeも「~を要約する」という他動詞ですから、このように物を主語にして能動態では使えません。 The results of the project are summarized: このように受身なら正解です。これは「現在要約された状態にある、既に要約は準備できている」という現在の状況を説明しています。 The results of the project are being summarized: ご質問文の意味なら、この現在進行形の受動態が一番ふさわしいでしょう。現在要約進行中という、動作の動きがあるのは進行形です。」 以上ご参考までに。

englishG
質問者

お礼

Parismadamさま 丁寧な回答を誠にありがとうございました。なるほど。。。非常に基礎的な要素なので、自分の基礎力のなさに辟易してしまいます。 忙しくて書店で文法参考書を吟味する時間がなく、もしも文法参考書のお勧めがあれば、お教え頂けますでしょうか? 非常にわかり易い説明、誠にありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 時制の違いhas/had/have

have,had,hasの違いの意味は理解はしているのですが、使い分けが難しいです。例文として There are few students who had completed the exam.という文で、hadの部分をhas,have,hadに置き換えたときの訳文の違いを教えていただけませんか?

• この文章の和訳をお願いします。

3. Results of the orbital calculations   In this paper, we describe our numerical results only for the special cases e_i~=0 and e_i~=4 in order to find the characteristic features of the two-body encounters of Keplerian particles. 3.1. For the case e_i~=0   In this case the orbital element, δ_i, loses its meaning because the particle orbits have no periheria and , hence, we can actually assign the initial condition by one parameter, b_i~. The orbital calculations are performed for about 3800 cases with various values of b_i~ from -10 to 10. よろしくお願いします。

• 財務関係の英語を理解したいのですが、、

The following is the definition of setoff. The parties in these points are HIRISHI and the bank. We would like this project completed by Nov. 20 2006. A right of setoff exists when all of the following conditions are met: 1. Each of the two parties owes the other determinable amounts. 2. The reporting party has the right to set off the amount owed with the amount owed by the other party. 3. The reporting party intends to set off. 4. The right of setoff is enforceable at law. "HIROSHI" は社名です。 意味がつかめないので助けてください。

• 難しい訳

ある会計ソフトのマニュアルを英語で読んでいますがが どうしても訳せない文章があります。 訳して頂けないでしょうか? [Introduction1] This system manages accouting procedures including those specific to the financial service. 省略 [Introduction2] Financial Accouting is art of recording, classifing,analyzing and summarizing in a significant manner, the business transations, which are in part of,at least of a financial character and the results are interpreted then and there. 宜しくお願い致します

• この文章の和訳をお願いします。

The obtained collisional rate is summarized in terms of the normalized eccentricity e and inclination i of relative motion; the normalized eccentricity e and inclination i of relative motion; the normalization is based on Hill’s framework, i.e., e=e*/h and i=i*/h where e* and i* are ordinary orbital elements and h is the reduced Hill radius defined by (m_p/3M_? )^(1/3) (m_p being the protoplanet mass and M_? the solar mass). The properties of the obtained collisional rate <P(e,i)> are as follows: (i) <P(e,i)> is like that in the two-dimensional case for i≦0.1 (when e≦0.2) and i≦0.02/e (when e≧0.2), (ii) except for such a two-dimensional region, <P(e,i)> is always enhanced over that in the two-body approximation <P(e,i)>_2B, (iii) <P(e,i)> reduces to <P(e,i)>_2B when (e^2+i^2)^(1/2)≧4, and (iv) there are two notable peaks in <P(e,i)>/ <P(e,i)>_2B at regions where e≒1 (i<1) and where i≒3 (e<0.1); the peak values are at most as large as 5. As an order of magnitude, the collisional rate between Keplerian particles can be described by that of the two-body approximation suitably modified in the two-dimensional region. However, the existence of the peaks in <P(e,i)>/ <P(e,i)>_2B are characteristic to the three-body problem and would give an important insight to the study of the planetary growth. お手数ですがよろしくお願いいたします。

• この文章の和訳を教えてください。

In order to see the detailed features of the scattering in this region, we have calculated the particle orbits in a fine division of b_i~. The results, which are illustrated in Figs. 3(a) and (b), show that in almost all of the region ⊿b~ continues smoothly with respect to bi but there remain the fine discontinuous bands near b_i~=1.92 and b_i~=2.38. Again we have tried to magnify the range of b_i~ between 1.915 and 1.925 and found that there are still finer discontinuities near b_i~=1.919(see Figs. 4(a) and (b)). よろしくお願いします。

• 「of + 抽象名詞」で形容詞化するわけは?

先日お尋ねした時に、ふと疑問に思った事があります。形容詞があるのにわざわざ「of + 抽象名詞」を使って形容詞の働きをする用法を取るのか判りません。 The scissors are/were of great use. ならば The scissors are/were great useful. でいいはずです。 be of beauty=be beautiful, be of importance=be important,等ofを使う必要性を感じません。何かofを使うと表現の違いが有るのではと感じています。どなたか判りやすい説明をいただきたくお願い申し上げます。  以上

• TOEIC part5の語彙の問題で

The results of the study------the hypothesis that had been proposed by~. (1) confirmed (2) submitted (3) certified (4) depended という問題で私は「~を証明した」から(3)を選んでしまったのですが、答えは(1)でした。(1)には「~を裏付ける」という意味があるようなのですが、(3)はどうしてだめなのでしょうか。 わかりやすい解説をよろしくお願いします。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

The 2000s had THE AXIS OF EVIL. The 2010s have THE LEAGUE OF VILLAINS. Please RETWEET so the world can see exactly who the new baddies are.

• 英語表現について

英語の表現について教えてください。 CNN ENGLISH EXPRESSいう雑誌の中に以下の表現があります。 Starbucks and Keurig are just two of the companies who had to raise their price. このtwo of the companies を単純にtwo companies とするとどのどの様なニュアンスの違いがあるのでしょうか?単純に好みの問題でしょうか? よろしくお願いします。