• ベストアンサー

先行詞について

Aliasの回答

• ベストアンサー
  • Alias
  • ベストアンサー率59% (173/293)
回答No.1

which は直前の children find no resistance 全体を受けるのでしょう。直訳すれば「子供たちは(母親から)何の反対[抵抗]もしてもらえず、そのことが子供たちのいらだちをつのらせるばかりだ」となります。前後がないのでよくわかりませんが、子供が、母親から何らかの反応をしてもらいたくて(かまってもらいたくて)、わざと気に障るようなことをするけれども、取り合ってもらえない、それで子供はますますいらだってしまう、といった内容でしょうか。

space-travel
質問者

お礼

Aliasさんこんにちは。お返事ありがとうございます。そうですか、先行詞はchildren find no resistance 全体だったのですね。どうりでおかしい訳になってしまっていました。考え違いを修正することができました。ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳してください。

翻訳してください。 (1)Mother Teresa began her work for children in Kolkata in 1948. (2)In some parts of the city,the people were very poor and they had no schools for children. (3)Mother Teresa gathered together some children and taught the alphabet to them. (4)It was not easy because they had no pens and no notebooks.

• NSLOOKUPの見方

もうひとつDNS関係で質問します。 W2K ActiveDirectoryドメインのもとですが DNSがうまく機能しているかわからず、 マニュアルとおりにクライアントからNSLOOKUPコマンドを打ってみましたらこんな結果がでました。 c:\>nslookup server2 *** Can't find server name for address 192.168.20.5:Non-existent domai *** Defaoult servers are not available Server: Unknown Address: 192.168.20.5 Name: server2.Pcompany.co.jp Adress:192.168.20.48,192.168.20.5 *Server2=DNSサーバー192.168.20.5  192.168.20.48=Server2に入っているRASサーバーのアドレス また、別にヘルプに従って c:\>nslookup 192.168.20.5 127.0.0.1を打ってみると(127.0.0.1の意味がわらず、ヘルプとおりに打ちましたが) *** Can't find server name for address 127.0.0.1:No response from server Server: Unknown Adress: 127.0.0.1 *** Unknown can't find 192.168.20.5:No response from server とでました。 これらの結果から何が悪いのか教えていただけませんでしょうか。

• 和訳に困ってます><宜しくお願いします><

和訳に困ってます><宜しくお願いします>< 英語の和訳をお願いします! 長文になりますが、宜しくお願いします! The mind is no less capable in women than in men of making this from resolve which constitutes virtue and of recognising the circumstances in which it should be practised. women can control their passions just as well as we can, and they are not more inclined to vice than to virtue. One could even tilt the balance in their favour on this issue because affecthion for children. which is incompara bly stronger in women than in men, is naturally linked with compassion which, in trun, could be called the virtue and tha bond of civil society. it is impossible to imagine that society is reasonably established for any other purpose apart from the mutual satisfaction of needs and common necessities. And if one looked closely at how passions arise in us, one would find that the way in which women treat us when we are in distress, almost like their own children, is like a natural development of their contribution to the birth and education of men. Thet the differences which can be observed in the conduct of men and women derive from their education It is all the more important to notice that the dispositions with which we are born are neither good nor evil, because otherwise one cannot avoid a rather common mistake of attributing to nature something which results only from custom

• 前置詞+関係代名詞

お世話になっています。 前置詞+関係代名詞について学習していたらこんがらがってきました。 ご教授いただけないでしょうか。 That is the house in which I was born. →That is the house which I was born in. このようにinをbornの後に持ってこれるのは理解できます。 では以下の文で、前置詞を関係詞以降の持っていきたい場合どうしたらいいのでしょうか? (1)This is a book from which you can learn both how to read and how to live. fromをwhich以降にもっていくとき、それはどの位置にもっていくのでしょうか?   また、その理由はどうしてなのでしょうか? (2)Monday is the day on which my mother is busiest. onをwhich以降にもっていくとき、それはどの位置にもっていくのでしょうか?   また、その理由はどうしてなのでしょうか? (3)Tell me the reason for which you quit the job. forをwhich以降にもっていくとき、それはどの位置にもっていくのでしょうか?   また、その理由はどうしてなのでしょうか? 基本がわからず、お恥ずかしい限りです。 どうぞ宜しくお願い申し上げます。

• 至急 訳を教えてください。

訳してみてもうまく文にならなくて大変困ってます。 よろしくお願いします。 First-born Children and only childlen First-born and only children are alike in some ways. First-born children receive all of their parents' attention until a new child is born. Only children receive this attention all through their lives. Both kinds of children have close relationships with their parents and try to make them happy. First-born children try hard to be successful,and they often get professional jobs. Only children also try to be perfect at everything. They are usually responsible and reliable. Sometimes,however,they become selfish. Twenty-one of the first twenty-threeU.S. astronauts were first-born or only children.

• think it is all a joke until they c

think it is all a joke until they can find no other explanation for some mysterious events 訳してください。 お願いいたします。

• 英語の長文の和訳をお願いします。

途中、(A)(B)がでてきますが、そこにはHowever,In fact,On the contrary,As a matter of courseのどれかがはいります。;とかでてくるので訳す順番など悩みます。極端に意訳ではなく、文法、熟語など大事なところを押さえつつ自然な文に訳してもらえると助かります。多くの回答、お待ちしています。  When couples get married they usually plan to have children.Sometimes,houever,a couple cannot have a child of their own.In the case,they may deside to adopt a child.(A),adoption is very common today.There are about sixty thousand adptions each year in the U.S.alone.Some people prefer to adopt infants;others adopt older children.Spme couples adopt children from their own countries;others adopt children from foreigh countries.Some people adopt children of their same rase,white,black,Asian;others adopt children of different races.In any case,they all adopt children for the same reason:they care about children,and want to give their adopted child a happy life.This includes a comfortable home,a loving family,and a good education.  Most adopted children know that they are adopted.However,many adopted children,or(B),have very little imformation about their biological mother and father.As a matter of fact,it is often very difficult for adoptees are usually not made public.The information is confidential,so no one can see it.This protects both adoptees and their natural parents.  Naturally,adopted children have different feelings about their birth parents.  Many adoptees want to search for them,but others do not.Jake,13,was adopted when he was only two and a half months old.He says,“I don´t think I´ll ever search for my birth mother.I might want to get some more facts,but I don´t feel I really want to go look.Maybe she would be awful and I´d just be disappointed.”Carla,who is 12,was adopted when she was four years old.Her adoptive parents also adopted another little girl.Carla says,“Sometimes my sister and I will talk.She says she doesn´t want to look for her birth mother,but I have mixed feelings.Sometimes I feel I want to look for her―but sometimes I don´t want to look for her at all because I´m scared of finding out what her reactions would be.I worry that she´ll have a whole new life and I would just be interfering with that new life.”Sue,who is 13,was adopted when she was a baby.She says,“I think adopted kids should be allowed to search whenever they´re ready.They need to know where they come from and what their medical history is.As soon as I searched and found the information I was looking for,I felt more worthwhile in the world.Beforehand,a part of me had always been missing.” 

• 和訳お願いします(>_<)

Malaria is a disease that is spread by mosquitoes. A parasite which causes the disease is carried by some mosquitoes. It can enter the body threads a mosquito bite and infected blood cells. Symptom of malaria includ fever,headache and vomiwing. It is possible to die from malaria if one dose not receive proper treatment. Everyone year there are more than I million deaths from malaria around the world. This serious problem makes many world. Most or them are children in Africa who have no resistance to the disease. orld. This serious problem makes many Africa countries spend a lot of money on prevention and treatment. That weaken their economies.

• 【文法】動詞 and 動詞, 形容詞.

I remember a mini-paradigm shift I experienced one Sunday morning on a subway in New York. People were sitting quietly--some reading newspapers, some lost in thought, some resting with their eyes closed. It was a calm, peaceful scene. Then suddenly, a man and his children entered the subway car. The children were so loud and rambunctious that instantly the whole climate changed. The man sat down next to me and closed his eyes, apparently oblivious to the situation. 最後の文を自分なりに直訳しました。 その男はわたしの隣に座り目を閉じて、 一見したところその状況に気付いていないようだった。 sat,closedは動詞ですが、最後にobliviousと形容詞が来ています。 正しい文法の理解の仕方をお願いします。 【文法】動詞 and 動詞, 形容詞.

• 英文訳をお願いいたします。

以下の問題に困っています。もしお分かりになる方がおりましたら どうぞご教授くださいm(__)m 日本語に訳しなさい。 【問】日本語に訳しなさい。直訳すると文意が不明確になると考える場合は、意味が通るように工夫して訳しなさ(文意を明確にするために必要であれば、その限りにおいて、文中にない語を補ってもよい) Not that no court should decide these issues ―― for again, there is a great value and an important need for lower court to wrestle with these questions, if only to create a body of legal material from which others may draw in considering these questions.