• ベストアンサー

文章の和訳を手伝ってください

"Whatever is hot in the music world - walking on the street, taking a shower - my mind is always buzzing. Even once the concert is set, how to make it better. Whatever project I'm working on, I just keep exploring. I never let anything sit." 指揮者がインタビューを受けて語っている文章です。 和訳を手伝ってください。とりあえず自分で訳しましたが、かなり曖昧です。 「音楽の世界でなにが新鮮であっても――街を歩いていても、シャワーを浴びていても――心はいつも思いを巡らせている。Even once the concert is set, how to make it better(ここは全然わかりません…). どんなプロジェクトにかかわっていても、私は探求を続けるだけだ。決して何事も放っておくことはしない。」 この訳では、最初のWhateverの節と後半の節のつながりがおかしい感じがします。また、Even once the concert is set, how to make it betterはまったくわかりません。how to make it betterは節にもなってないように見えます。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • sukinyan
  • ベストアンサー率38% (119/313)
回答No.1

一旦、コンサートの日程が決定しても、いかに(おなじみの曲を)より良く演奏するか(指揮するか)、考え続けてやまない。(いつも常に新しいアプローチを探求しつづけるというのが私の音楽人生なのです。)という意味だと思います。Nice try! Very well done.あと一歩で自然な翻訳に着々と近づいておられますね。素晴らしいです。 つながりがおかしいのは、実際にインタビューで語られた言葉だからです。エッセイで書かれた場合、きっとなめらかな表現になっていたことでしょう。native speakerでも、しゃべっている時は、言い間違えたり、言い直したりしますから。ご心配無用でした。(なお、指揮者さんがnative English speakerでない可能性もありますよね。)

dirtques
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 how to make it better の部分はそのように補うんですね。参考になりました。 あと、最初の文(Whateverの文)もかなり不安なのですが、間違ってないでしょうか?

その他の回答 (2)

• sukinyan
  • ベストアンサー率38% (119/313)
回答No.3

はい、仰るとおり、Whateverは、何が流行っていようとも、その流行にまどわされることなく、自分は常に自分なりの探求をやめられないのである、町を歩いていようが、シャワーを浴びていようが、つねに頭の中には音楽の探求というテーマがうずまいている、といった感じですね。微妙な日本語の違いで、皆さんにご納得頂けるものとなりますね。でも、基本的に御理解されていたことは正確だと思いました。My mind is always buzzing - whether I'm walking on the street or taking a shower - regardless whatever is 'hot' in the music world.という順序に並べ替えると、つながりが明白に見え易いですよね。

dirtques
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。 自分の訳のわかりづらさにくらべて、 非常に理解しやすかったです。

• tjhiroko
  • ベストアンサー率52% (2281/4352)
回答No.2

Whatever is hot... ではなくて、もしかしたらWhat ever is hot...ではないでしょうか。 それなら意味が通りますね。 ever なら疑問詞を強める「一体」という意味がありますから、「今音楽の世界では一体何がホットなのか・・」 ということで意味はつながると思います。

dirtques
質問者

お礼

疑問詞としてのWhateverですね。 ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳してください!

I'm so glad I found you I'm not gonna lose you Whatever it takes I will stay here with you Take it to the good times see it through the bad times Whatever it takes is what I'm gonna do 和訳お願いします( *`ω´)

• 和訳 教えていただけるとうれしいです。

The question is whether anything could be done to make language even more effective than it already is. です。 お願いします。

• 短い文章を読んでいます

その一・chaseとpursue違いをおしえてください。 A lie, once told, never vanishes, but chases after us. Perhaps it is the same with crime. A crime, once committed, pursues a person until he repeats it. その二・peopleとhuman beings, 後者を使ったほうが偉そうな感じでしょうか。 In most cases, people, even wicked people, are far more naive and simple-hearted than one generally assumes. And so are we. In the majority of instances human beings, even the evil-doers among them, are far more naïve and straightforward than we suppose. And that includes ourselves. その三・限られた文脈ですみませんが, moral supportの訳し方をおしえてください。 I want to be your ally in the things you do. So far, you have never made it difficult for me to give you whatever moral support I could. But in this instance, I cannot wish you success. There is something dark waiting for you not so far away, and before my very eyes you are heading straight toward it. I must try to stop you.

• 英文の訳を教えて頂けませんか?

「あなたに喜んでいただければ私は幸せです。」 「いつもありがとうございます!」 を英文にお願いいたします>< そして、下記の英文を日本文に訳をお願いしたいです and if you can make it with no costume it is even better because maybe I can use it on my new CD

• 好きな人から入ってきた和訳の添削をお願いします

好きな人から入ってきたものです。 the mail was fine. it just took me a while to translate. im sorry too. i never meant to make u sad. but it's true we have different thoughts. maybe it's better as it is. take care. メールは大丈夫だったよ。ただちょっと翻訳に時間がかかりました。 僕もごめんね。 君を傷付けるつもりはなかったんだ。でも、僕らの考え方が違うのは事実です。でもたぶんこれでいいんだと思う。お元気で。 とゆう感じで合ってますでしょうか? “maybe it's better as it is”の“as it is”がよくわからないです。 このメールが入ってきてから、電話しても出てくれません。“take care ”は、“体に気をつけて”とかそうゆうニュアンスだし、私は事実的にフラれたってことですよね? よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

My girlfriend recently bought a vibrator for us to use together (we’re both women). However, it’s been a couple months and we haven’t used it together once. We have had sex several times, but once we were in bed and I suggested we use it and she said it had dead batteries. Should it upset or worry me that she is clearly using it on her own time? Should it upset or worry me that she is clearly using it on her own time?の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 英文の和訳お願いします

You should accept the (important) of not making excuses for what you do. Excuses are everywhere. In school, if you do not do (good) in an examination, you do not say it is because you didn't prepare enough for it but instead blame it on the teacher who set difficult questions on the exam. In sport, if your team loses, you put it fown to things the opponents did unfairly or other factors like refereeing decisions.  If you cannot make it in a job interview, you blame it on the interviewer or the employment system. You can, however, be one who (make) no excuses. Making excuses just stops you from improving or working harder. Instead, admitting that others are better than you can be a (positively) experience because you can use it as your motivation to become even better than them. (Cutting) excuses and you will have more chances to get ahead in life. カッコ内は文法的に正しい形じゃありません。 お願いします。

• ざっくりと和訳をお願いします

i would base my offer on other prices for similar items:seller Wonder006,item #,wakizahi,signed tang(3)zanketsu sold for $157.50-that is 3 blades,1 with signed tang 280mm long in better shape.i will make offer if you want.thank you,randy

• この英文の和訳お願いします。

I don't get it. The video starts by saying -- "I feel safer here  than in Canada", then it's a bunch of stories about how common  it is to be sexually assaulted on trains in Japan and to watch  yourself. What? Is Canada even more rapey? よろしくお願いしますm(._.)m

• 和訳をお願いします

I wish to bid on this item, but I am concerned about it's safety during shipping to the USA. The leather must arrived without blemish or creases - do you think it is possible for it to make the journey without problems?