• ベストアンサー

should の役割

Such people are confused by the fact that a character in the mass media's imaginary world should unexpectedly enter real life. この文のshouldの説明をお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • trgovec
  • ベストアンサー率52% (2538/4879)
回答No.1

http://www.eigo21.com/01/situmon/154.htm このページにある「話者の批判・判断を主観的に表す」というのがあてはまるでしょう。このページではなぜか「話者」と言っていますが、ご質問の文やこのページの文では「主語」と言い換えるべきでしょう。訳出するのは微妙でshouldの有無を訳し分けられないこともありますがやむを得ないでしょう。 Such people are confused by the fact that a character in the mass media's imaginary world should unexpectedly enter real life. このような人々は、マスメディアの想像上の世界の人物が思いがけなく現実の生活に入り込んでくるという事実に混乱する。 that以下にはあまり普通ではないようなことが書かれており、これに対して、信じられないと言うような気持ちがありそれ故に混乱する、ということでしょう。shouldがなくても言いたいことは変わらないかもしれませんが、混乱しているというような感情は弱まるかもしれません。

gohally
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。参考のURLものぞきました。おもしろい英語勉強サイトでした。

その他の回答 (1)

• hirosh
  • ベストアンサー率25% (12/47)
回答No.2

「~とは!」とか「~なんて!」という「意外性」というのは無理でしょうか?(感覚的仮説で申し訳ありませんが…) シンデレラの例にも当てはまらないことはないと思うのですが。

関連するQ&A

• 英問英答(1)

What happens when a large number of people adopt English in their community? They develop "an English" of their own. In fact , there are now many varieties of spoken English developing around the world , in countries such as India and Ghana. 【question】 Where are varieties of spoken English developing? おねがいします!

• 意味が解かりません。。

(1) It seems Japan remains a male dominant society in spite of the fact that the little boys who grow up to enter government (and maintain the status quo) are brought up by the very people (mothers) who would benefit from some changes - who also vote for such politicians. 日本は男性優位です。事実は男の子達は成長したら、政界へ入るのも関わらず..以下が解かりません。 (2)It is difficult in the Tokyo area. It seems to lack any community - neutral places where people can associate socially (excluding company office life.) それは東京では難しい事です。交流する、あいまいな場所、人々が交際でしく社会が欠けているからです。(会社生活も含めて) (2)は熟年男女が交際していくのは難しいという内容の文の一部です。 どなたかご講義ください。

• 英文の構造の解説をお願いします。

英文の構造の解説をお願いします。 ●原文 "The mere fact that we are commissioning this study, [and that it] should be conducted by an independent, highly esteemed, scientific body should say something about where our priorities are," she said. ●和訳 「私たちがこの調査を委託しているという事実、またこの調査は高い評価を受けている独立学術団体により行われるべきという事実は、私たちが何に重点を置いているかをしめしている」と彼女は言う。 ●質問 【質問1】 主語は「~という事実」で、下記までとの認識ですが正しいですか。 The mere fact that we are commissioning this study, [and that it] should be conducted by an independent, highly esteemed, scientific body 【質問2】 [and that it] の that は"fact"を指していますよね? 【質問3】 修飾語を除くと下記のような文になりますよね? "The fact should say something." she said. よろしくお願いします。 出展:VOA http://www.voanews.com/english/news/usa/Study-Assessing-Risk-of-Nuclear-Plants-in-US-State-of-Illinois-120325239.html

• 添削お願いします

私はこの文章に反対です。確かに一人暮らしをすることで 生活の知恵と手に入れることや、自由な生活をすることは可能です。 それは一人暮らしをするメリットです。 しかしながら、そういう状況では 遊んでばかりでほとんど勉強をしない人もいろでしょう。 学生のうちは勉強をすべきです。 これだけの理由で反対です。一人暮らしはすべきではありません。 Ioppose to this opinion. It might be said and surely correct that we can get life wisdom and lead a freedom life from living by myself. Those are surely advantages of living by myself. However I also strongly sure that there are most people who are not studying but playing only in living by myself. I think young people,including college student should study hard. So I oppose to this opinion.

• american movies

I have a question for the American people. Do you use the same words in your daily life that are used in American movies? For example, when you are attacked by a man with a knife. "You should only use knives in the kitchen"? I'd love to know.

• 【】内を簡単に説明せよ、という問題です。

【】内を簡単に説明せよ、という問題です。 Psychobiographies are psychologically informed accounts of individual lives. They are, in effect, stories-although not entirely fictional-about particular individuals, generally those who are famous. However, not all life stories are told by professional psychobiographers about celebrated people. Some are told by ordinary people, about ordinary people:themselves. Psychologists who study 【"life narratives"】 argue that everyone of us is engaged in an ongoing process of telling his or her own life story, and(以下省略しました) 私は、「有名人の伝記」と答えました。 (stories-although not entirely fictional-about particular individuals, generally those who are famous.のくだりからです) 添削していただきたいです。そしてもし間違いなら、どうしてそうなるのかを教えて頂けないでしょうか。

• 前置詞byの位置

次の文になります。 People should be judged not so much by how they look as by who they are. 前置詞byの位置ですが、なぜby not so much how they look as who they are ではダメなのでしょうか? これはboth by A and by Bをby both A and Bにできるかと同じような問題な気もしますが、この場合はどうですか?  

• 教えて下さい

If you are to know about the real world,it can only be by inferring things about it from the appearances. 上記英文のことで教えてもらいたいことがあります。 "it can only be by inferring~"を書き換えた場合、 "it becomes possible only by inferring~"で、ほぼ同じ意味になるでしょうか。 また、 後半を以下のように書き換えると、原文と比べて意味はどう違ってくるでしょうか。 ,it can only be by inferrig the real world from the appearances. 以上、よろしくお願い致します。

• 教えてください

なるべく同じ単語を使わずに文法を変えて同じ意味で教えてください Advances in science and economics are not necessarily making people happier. Yes,people are living longer,but for most people this just means spending more time in a hospital. We are gaining quantity,but losing quality. As for piercing,it teaches kids to abuse their bodies and leads to infections and permanent scarring. High boots and shoes are inherently dangerous. If we outlaw other dangerous activities such as speeding,drugs and guns,should not we outlaw such shoes?

• 翻訳をお願いいたします。

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで。 お願いできますでしょうか? 1段落の後半部分となりますので、内容が中途半端だと思いますが、 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 There is a tendency to either platonic attachments or to secret clandestine relationships, with people you are totally captivated by, enthralled by, but suffer with long periods of waiting for the return on your investment of love. But life can be as lonely as it is beautiful with such a relationship.. You need the dream in your heart or the world is a lonelier place to live