• 締切済み

Time誌で読みたいのにどうしても訳せない!!

アメリカにTime新聞でのひとコマで、読みたいのに、どうしても意味がわからなくて困っています。どなたかどんなことを言っているのか教えてくれませんか?? On July 5 came the death at 83 of Ted Williams, one of the games' all-time greats and an icon if ever there was one. his demise, after along illness, was not a shock, but what hapened afterward was. Williams' son had his fathers' body shipped to Florida, where it was cly ogenically frozen and put into storage. upside-down, to await possible revival in some still barely imaginable future. quite apart from the fact that the son's motives were suspect at best-he had made his living peddling Ted Williams memorabilia, after all-the indignity of the great hitter's fate forced fans everywhere to ask themselves but, if anything was still sacred when it came to baseball.

noname#18722
noname#18722
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

みんなの回答

noname#19923
noname#19923
回答No.1

これはTimeではなくて、ジャパンタイムズの社説ですね。 The Japan Times: July 18, 2002 (C) All rights reserved とあるので、ここで訳を載せることはできませんが、参考URLをご覧ください。

参考URL:
http://www.japantimes.com/shukan-st/jteds/ed20020802.htm
noname#18722
質問者

お礼

本当に良い参考URLを載せていただきありがとうございます!! とても感謝しています!!感動しました☆☆

関連するQ&A

• 和訳お願いします

"What if planetariums could reproduce one million stars?" In 1998,at the International Planetarium Society conference in London,Ohira began his speech with these words. Until then,almost all projectors could only show about ten thousand stars. At the conference,Ohira introduced his unique planetarium projector,which reproduced one million stars. The name of it was Megastar. Ohira was only twenty-nine years old at the time. It was his first presentation in English. He spoke slowly but clearly. Everyone was surprised to see the great number of stars shown by Megastar and to know that Ohira had made it all by himself. After his presentation,the audience applauded wildly. お願いします。

• どんな内容か教えてください。

By the time I had got the punt out,there were several yards of water as the branch bent under his weight. Boats were passing at the time but no one seemed to notice us. I was glad about this. This was a private agony. A double chin had appeared on the face of Mr Timberlake and his head was squeezed between his shoulders and his hanging arms.

• 日本語訳を!

お願いします (22) In his fervor for the Aten, Akhenaten forgot Egypt. The city of Amarna was like the royal firstborn son who took all the attention. The rest of Egypt became the second son, ignored and neglected. Egyptians outside Amarna were paying taxes to build a city they would never see, dedicated to a god they did not want. (23) Egypt's foreign subjects fell one by one to outside conquerors. The Amarna letters flooded in with pleas for help. They fell on deaf ears. One poor prince wrote at least 64 times, "Why will you neglect our land?" (24) Akhenaten had inherited an empire but left a country in decline. After his death the new capital was abandoned. The kings who followed Akhenaten demolished his temples and erased his name. Once Amarna had been stripped of stone it was forgotten and left to crumble. The sun had set on he Amarna Period.

• 和訳をお願いします。

But London ordered Cox not to issue his proclamation, and came out with its own proclamation asking Arab leaders to aid the British administration. At the same time, the Indian colonial government had different ideas. After all, they had been the prime movers behind Mesopotamia in the first place. The British government in India wanted this new area placed under its direct control. This power struggle led to the creation of the Mesopotamian Administration Committee, under the leadership of Lord Curzon. Its main task was to determine who would govern the Basra and Baghdad provinces. Its ruling was a British, not Anglo-Indian, administration for Basra and an Arab authority for Baghdad.

• お願いします。

この英文の和訳をお願いします。H.G.WellsのThe Man Who Could Work Miraclesからです。 He opened his eyes.He was at the inn,arguing about miraclies with Toddy Beamish.He had a feeling of some great thing forgotten,which passed immediately.You see,except for the loss of his powers,everything was back as it had been:his mind and memory were now just as they had been at the time when this story began.So he knew nothing of all that is told here,knows nothing of all that is told here to this day.And among other things,of course,he still did not believe in miracles. お願いします

• 和訳して下さい

Hamlet was naturally very upset by what he had done to Ponius. After all,the young prince was at heart a kind and gentle person. But he had more important things on his mind. He dropped his bloody sword and began admonishing his mother once again.He held up two drawings in front of her. One was of the late king,his father.The other was of Claudius.“Mother,"placeed Hamlet,“can't you see the difference? You must be able to see what a good man my father was,and what a villain your new husband is!" But at that moment,the old ghost reappeared out of nowhere.“Hamlet,"it said in the same eerie voice,“have you forgotten that you gave me your word? Why are you causing your mother so much agony? And why are you still hesitating? Get on with it!" Hamlet started to explain himself,but the ghost vanished as quickly as it had appeared.

• atはいかに?

She was the only girl to whom he could talk at all of his dreams. のatは、all of his dreamsを導いて前置詞句とするatですか? aboutの方が分かりやすいと思うのですが、なぜatなのでしょうか?

• coherent

However, recently we both finished uni for the summer and have been forced to spend time apart, and when we both came back to the city we study in to celebrate his graduation, we went on a night out. I ended up still coherent, but pretty drunk, and when we came back to my student house, I (as he put it) threw myself at him. http://community.sparknotes.com/2015/08/12/auntie-sparknotes-i-was-all-over-my-boyfriend-while-drunk-but-im-scared-of-sex-when-im-sober I ended up still coherentとthrew myself at himの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 和訳をお願いします。

I cannot understand why the old man cannot do justice to those to whom he owed so much and the whole thing is so absolutely inconsistent with what he had already cabled. It was not until after the victory at the Battle of Rafa that Chauvel was made a Knight Commander of the Order of St Michael and St George, but this particular order is awarded for important non-military service in a foreign country. It was not just his military service at Romani which had not been recognised, but also the service of all those who fought in the Anzac Mounted Division at Romani, at El Arish, at Magdhaba and at Rafa.

• 上手な日本語訳にしてください。

上手な日本語訳にしてください。 ‘’ I couldn’t believe it, ‘’ Sato says. ‘’ The excitement came later, gradually.’’ But at the same time, Sato knew what awaited him after the initial euphoria had subsided. It began immediately, as the seven other players in his group-mostly business associates-gave him \5000 each as a congratulatory gift. To thank them, Sato was supposed to organize a special dinner for them all. Next, he had to give serious thought to what gifts he would present-and to whom-to commemorate his in one.