• ベストアンサー

お客さんに英語で伝えたい!

先ほども質問事項を書いたのですが、 考えてみました。 これで伝わりますか? We have heavy snow and very cold here ___, people live bravely since long time ago. It's named `Rin` after people who lives here. (Rin means brave in Japanese) We hope you like it. 観光地で新商品の食べ物を説明したいのです! その商品名が 「凛」 というのですが、 これで通じるでしょうか・・・? 商品に英語の説明書きをしたいのです。。。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

えと、まず凛=勇ましいという訳でよろしいのでしょうか? たとえばdignityとか?high-spritedの方が合うように思うのですが。 Braveというと男の人が筋肉モリモリで「強い」って感じですが、凛という言葉には、冷たい季節の中でも凛として自分を保っているというイメージがあります。 という意味では、気高いといった言葉の方が合うように思います。 また商品の説明文ですから、weで始まるものではないほうが客観性があってよいと思います。 従いまして ____(←地域の名前など)、it is covered with heavy snow and extremely cold weather. The people here have lived with high-spirit and dignity for a long time under this nature. It is named `Rin` after the high-spirited way the people live here.

umiyaman
質問者

お礼

大変参考になりました。ありがとうございます! 筋肉モリモリ・・・ なるほど!! ありがとうございます!!!

その他の回答 (1)

• ohboy729
  • ベストアンサー率41% (244/589)
回答No.2

ご自分の意見や考えを書かれて質問なされば皆さんが手を挙げてくれますよ。これでいいのだと思います。とは言ったものの、僕はあまり文章がうまくないので提案だけしておきます。 We have heavy snow and very cold here , →In winter, we have a lot of snow and it gets very cold here . (冬になるとこちらではたくさん雪が降ってとても寒くなります。) people live bravely since long time ago. →Falks here have been living bravely against/in this severe winter cold for so long . (こちら人たちは長年厳しい冬の寒さに負けないように勇敢に(?)生きてきました) It's named `Rin` after people who lives here. (Rin means brave in Japanese) →`凛(Lin),the name of this food ,was named after such mentality " Be brave in any severe situation " (この食べ物の名前、凛(Lin)どんな厳しい状況でも勇気をもってという気持ちの意味です。)*Linのほうが読んだとき綺麗かなと思います。Rinでもいいです。 We hope you like it.(気に入るといいのですが。) 食べ物にこういう名前を付けると言うことは外国の方の感覚からはずれているのかもしれません。しかし、面白いと思う人もきっといると思います。

umiyaman
質問者

お礼

まちょがった英語でしたら、どうか教えてください。 いろんな方面からのご指摘で大変ありがたいです。 ありがとうございます!

関連するQ&A

• 英語 和訳

訳を教えてください。 お願いします。 If we reduce our consumption of resources, reuse everything we can, and recycle what we cannot use again, then we can hope to reduce the serious threats to the ecosystem which we all depend on. The 3Rs are both practical and visionary. They are not just for grovernments or lives. People often ask,゛What can I do? " I believe that one person can make a difference. The 3Rs are essential to ensuring a healthier, cleaner world for ourselves and for the generations to came.

• (英語のチェックをお願い申し上げます。)

(英語のチェックをお願い申し上げます。) 結婚式の日本語でのウエルカムスピーチの後、現在日本に住んでいる外国人の招待客にも向け英語でも付け足したいと思います。これで良いかチェックをお願いできますでしょうか。(不自然な点や、こうしたら良くなるなど)  また、最期にこの日のために海外から来てくれた外国人友人にも一言付け足したいと思います。 例では、Mark, Anni と、二人の外国人友人です。 Welcome to our wedding reception tdy. We’re so happy to share this beautiful memorable day with people we love. We truely appreciate your attendence. hope you relax and enjoy yourselves a lot. Especially, Mark and Anni, thank you for coming to japan to attend this party from abroad . im so much happy to see your faces here. hope you enjyoy today.

• 英語の翻訳をお願い致します!!!

英語の翻訳をお願い致します!!! 以下の英文を翻訳頂きたく、、、 日本に商品を郵送できるか質問した際の回答になります。 私の理解では・・・ VOLCOMのジャケットは郵送できますが、686の商品についてはアメリカ以外に郵送できません。 あなたがアメリカに知り合いがいるのなら、無料で知り合いに郵送でき、そこからから郵送ができます。 であってますでしょうか??? 翻訳頂きたい文章~~~~~~~~~~~~~ We can ship the Volcom jacket bun unfortunately, we cannot ship the 686 item outside of the United States. If you know someone who lives here in the states, we can ship the product to them for free and then they can forward it on to you.

• 単語検索プログラム

論文の中から入力された単語を探し出し、その単語が含まれる行を表示させるというプログラムを作りたいのですが、うまくいきません。下に私が作ったプログラムを載せておくのでどこをどうすればいいのかを指摘してください。お願いします。 #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #define NUM_LINE 26 #define NUM_COL 128 int main(void){ char text[NUM_LINE][NUM_COL]={ " Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth", "on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and", "dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.", " Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether", "that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated,", "can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that", "war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a", "final resting place for those who here gave their lives that", "that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper", "that we should do this.", " But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not", "consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave", "men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated", "it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world", "will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but", "it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the", "living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work", "which they who fought here have thus far so nobly", "advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the", "great task remaining before us -- that from these honored", "dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which", "they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here", "highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in", "vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth", "of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the", "people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." }; char line[100]; int i, j, k, length; printf("> Search for "); fgets(line, sizeof(line), stdin); for(i = 0; line[i] != '\n'; i++){ length++; } for(k = 0; k < length; k++){ for(i = 0; i < NUM_LINE; i++){ for(j = 0; j < NUM_COL; j++){ if(text[i][j + k] == line[k]){ } } printf("%d: %s\n", i, text[i]); } printf("\n"); } return 0; }

• 英文の添削をお願いします。

学校で新聞記事の一部をフィクションで作ってこいと言われたのですが、、、    POLICE OFFICERS SAVED 20 PEOPLE'S LIVES By [my name] New York , USA -2012,September 10th at 12:00. Tom Smith and Mike Anderson,the brave police officers saved 20 people's lives. A terrorist group made a bomb and put it a bus under the chair. On the bus, no one knew what happened. Only the 2 police officers knew the truth. A man called Mike about the bomb but didn't tell his name. They evacuated the people and found the bomb. When they found it, It was only 10 minutes left. They didn't have enough time to drive the bus anywhere. Then Tom made a big decision , he wanted to prevent the bomb exploding. Whwn we had an interview with Tom smith, he said that "I was a soldier before,I know how to do it but the most important thing is I am a police officer. It's my duty to save people's lives!" We should be proud of our police officers and they always protecy us. かなり幼稚な文だと思うのですが、お願いします。

• 英語が苦手なので、メールの英文の翻訳をお願いします

Ah, I see. just a little? wow. Must be nice not to worry about shoveling the driveway or anything ha ha. I suppose, but I guess that's because I've never been to Japan. See the fact that it's cozy makes me want to see it even more. I mean, not to have to worry about stuff like you have to here in the US. Japan has qualities that make it a desirable country to see. これ(上記)が以下の自分の送信メールに対する返答です。英語が得意な方、どうかこれ(上記)を翻訳してください!! Where I am (the Tokyo metropolitan area) seldom doen’t see snow. It’s usually sunny. But we have a little snow some time ago ( just a little). ha ha Same here. There is no need to envy. But Japan is really cozy country (i.e. safe country). 大意がつかめたようでつかめていません。詳しく訳してください。どうぞ宜しくお願い致します。

• 英語添削お願いします。

英語を勉強中で初心者です。 風呂敷の説明をしたいのですが 添削、訂正お願いします。 『お風呂に入った後、マットの代わりに風呂敷を使っていた』 と、最後に『使用後は四角に小さくたたんでおける。』の部分が特にわからず、 簡単な文章しか作れないため、もう少し詳しくできたらと思っています。 よろしくお願いします。 Furoshiki is a Japanese traditional wrapping cloth. The word"furoshiki" which means a "bath spread", In the Edo era, people wrapped clothing in it and went to the public baths and after take a bath, used furoshiki as substitute for a mat. It is very useful cloth which we can wrap any size, round watermelon, wine bottle, square box, etc. After use, it is folding small.

下記の受信メールを翻訳してください。宜しくお願い致します! I was actually surprised that you sent me an e-mail in Japanese but I did read your next e-mail. And to tell you the truth I'm not very social at college, I'm more of a keep in the library and study all the time type of person. Anyways if you'd rather write in Japanese you can. it'll get translated either way so no worries ^_^ As for the winter weather here... it did snow a few times and we did have several inches at one point in time too but the town where I live snow doesn't stick around for very long, well it hasn't for the past few years. So, no we didn't have a white christmas here. Snow can be very romantic yes especially when the trees are frozen with ice and icicles hang from them and the houses. Also you should know not to worry about how long it takes you to reply. I'm not bothered by it. Besides I don't really expect an immediate reply, I mean we live like 14 hours apart and have our lives to deal with as well, so expecting a reply the next day is silly. If you're tired then sleep. You need rest, otherwise you wont be able to function properly ha ha. Anyways I've got to go and do some studying and I'll wait for your reply. :)

• 英語の手紙…間違いが無いかチェックして下さい!!!!(結構長いです↓

挨拶の文を入れると800字超えちゃうので、挨拶無しで失礼ですが、チェックお願いします。 Dearest greandpa and grandma Hello. This is ***(私の名前). I haven't seen you guys for such a long time. Do you remember the day you were telling me that you want to come to Canada someday? I watched the movie about Canada today and found some similarities and differences between Canada and Japan, so I'll tell you what those were, so when you come to Canada, you'll at least know some similarities and differences of Canada and Japan!! First of all, Canadian people enjoy the winter sports while not many Japanese people do that. Although we have snow in Japan, we don't really enjoy having the snow. However, Canadian people enjoy it and do some winter sports like dogledding, canoeing in the iced water or sking. I think you guys can watch people doing that and have fun with that. Second, there is a lot of nature in Canada while there is not much nature in Japan. When I was watching the movie, I realized that there is green everywhere in Canada. I know that you guys like to go hiking where natures are alive, so you can do that in Canada easily. Finally, I found one similarities between Canada and Japan! There are a lot of lakes, livers and sea in Japan and Canada! You guys like the view of lakes or rivers, right? So so you can do that in Canada just like you do in Japan! I hope those informations help you to visualise Canada and made you feel want to come Canada! Then, I hope I'll see you soon. Take care.

I suppose, I really don't know what the word means. ooh study abroad, that'll be fun. I've always wanted to do that but never had the opprotunity with how schooling went. Oh computer programming..I'm no good at that either. I am glad we are able to communicate well as well. Yes, we have Honda here.. I don't know what companies are japanese here, sorry, never really knew what's what when it comes to that stuff. of course we'll keep in touch :) (相手) これ(上記)が以下の自分の送信メールに対する返答です。英語が得意な方、どうかこれ(上記)を翻訳してください!! Thanks a lot for your reply. I suppose that fustian?? In English means the same as "exaggerated" due to my poor English ability, is that right? I hope I will study abroad with English in near future if I can. Yeah, that’s got to suck,but try our best with each other in first year. Thank you for the encouragement. Information science, we can program with the computer,but I can’t understand it at all. Anyway I’m very happy to communicate well between us as the fateful encounter. By the way, is there a Japanese company in your state, Honda etc? Let’s keep in touch. (自分) ↑ fustian?? what does that mean?? oh English, what you going to do with it? ha ha, first year all over, wow, that's got to suck. I am one and I hate it. Well good luck with that hope it turns out well for you. Information science, what exactly can you do with that? (相手)