• ベストアンサー

英語でこれを言いたいのですが…

外国人の知人にどうしても以下のことを伝えたいのですが、自力では全くうまく訳せません。どなたか助けていただけないでしょうか? 「日本人は武士道の精神が好きです。というより、禅の思想が好きなのだといった方がいいかも知れません、武士道は禅の教えに拠っていますから。日本の武士が大切にした教えの中に「勇気とは正しいことを敢然と実行すること」というのと「最も剛毅なる者は最も柔和なる者なり、愛ある者は勇敢なる者なり」とうのがあります。このふたつって、あなたが前回のメールでおっしゃった事と全く意味が同じですよね。国を超えて私達が共通した道徳観を抱いている事を嬉しく思います。」 Japanese people like Bushido. Or rather should I say they like Zen because Bushido is based on Zen. There are two certain Zen principles that samurais believed in; "______________" and "______________, the person who knows love is the person who are brave." These two things are quite similar to the things you said in your last email. I'm very glad to know that you and I have common moral values, even though we have different nationalities. ↑とりあえず訳してみましたがまったく自信がないです。肝心のカッコ内がふたつ空白のままですし…。どうか添削お願いいたします。 P.S. 最後のnationalitiesはbackgroundsの方がいいでしょうか、それともどっちもダメでしょか ^^;

• 151f
  • お礼率100% (29/29)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • flyaway
  • ベストアンサー率19% (306/1541)
回答No.2

日本語に自信がないので元の文章の意味がきちんと理解できているか疑問ですが、私にできる範囲で書いてみますね。 Japanese people like Bushido. 「武士道」が好きなのではなく、「武士道の精神」が好きなのですよね?精神という言葉に適した英語が見つからないのですが(spiritだと「霊」「魂」みたいに聞こえてしまうので)、Japanese people like the teachings of Bushido.(武士道の教え)とかでどうでしょう。 Or rather should I say they like Zen because Bushido is based on Zen. これも、「思想」「教え」という言葉が抜けています。~they like the teachings of Zen, on which Bushido is based. でどうでしょうか。 「勇気とは正しいことを敢然と実行すること」 Bravery is to do what’s right without doubts. (勇気とは、正しいこと疑うことなく実行すること) 「最も剛毅なる者は最も柔和なる者なり、愛ある者は勇敢なる者なり」 The most strong minded person is also the most gentle person, and a person who can love is a person who is brave. 最後の部分は、~even though we come from different backgrounds.のほうが良いと思います。「nationalities」だと国籍だけといった感じですが、「background」だと育った環境や教育などが全て含まれるからです。

151f
質問者

お礼

the teachings of が必要だったんですね、何となく漠然と、なにかもうひとつ単語が必要な気はしていたんですが、どうしてもコレというのが思い浮かびませんでした。そうか teachingか…! カッコ内の文句の訳、素敵ですね。いくら考えても私には思い浮かびませんでした、こういうの。ありがとうございました。あぁもっと英語勉強せねば~! 最後の文も、ありがとうございます! もうひたすら納得&脱帽です ^^

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.1

この英語力を拝見させて頂くとかなりのお力を持っていらっしゃることがわかります。  あまりお力にはなれませんが文末のnationalitiesはbackgroundのほうがよいかと思います。nationalとするとかなり硬い表現に取られてしまうような気がします、backgroundにすると育った環境など前者よりも身近なニュアンスになると思います。 more friendly な感じですか 「勇気とは正しいことを敢然と実行すること」 being brave is to do the things that you believe in without any thoughts 最も剛毅なる者は最も柔和なる者なり a person who reached the hardestside must know the softest side too 非常に直訳が難しい分、個人のニュアンスを絡めさせて頂きました。

151f
質問者

お礼

いえいえ、力を持っているように見えて実は持っていないのですよ ^^; 自分は英字の小説を読むことでしか英語を学んでいないので、時々何となく英文が浮かぶことはあっても、その英文と日本語との照らし合わせができていないんです。だから今回自分で書いた文章も、果たして自分が本当に言いたいことを言えているのか全く自信がないんです。なんて身の上話は置いておいて… 回答本当にどうもありがとうございました、とても勉強になりました! 私もいつかこんな風に訳せるようになりたいです ^^

関連するQ&A

• この文でいう「that is」の文法解釈

Airbus.corp was more of a consortium initially, but it's become integrated now and so it's one company. But it's a very, very global company. There are something like 84 nationalities working that is, people from 84 nationalities who are in the company as employees. >There are something like 84 nationalities working that is, people from 84 nationalities ここで”that is”がくる感覚が意味的にも文法的にもわかりません。 どなたか教えていただけないでしょうか。。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• that 英語 使い方

you have alot of things that you like. you have alot of things you like. thatがなくても問題有りませんか?

• 文法的に良くわかりません

I am a compassionate person who seems to have good insights into things. Here’s my problem: I don’t like keeping secrets and I am not good at it. It’s not that I want to “gossip”—although sometimes that may be true! I’m only human!—it’s more that I forget who knows what and people tend to talk to me about lots of things. it’s more that I forget who knows whatの訳を教えてください。あと、thatの役割も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 英語の意味を教えてください

英語文章で「accepting them for who they are 」の意味を教えてください。 When someone criticizes you or says something not-so-nice, just forget it. Worse things have been uttered in human history. Even when you know the person meant it, remember that you become stronger by accepting them for who they are and knowing your capabilities.

• 英語の関係詞でよくわからない問題があります。

1( )に適当な語を入れてください。 1.ギターを弾くことは、彼が一番好きなことだ。 Playing the guitar is ( )( )( ) the best. 2.私が買いたいのは、その作家の新しい本だ。 ( )( )( ) to buy is the writer's new book. 3.彼が料理するものを食べてみたいのです。 I'd like to eat ( )( )( ). 2正しくならべかえてください。 1.She found (was/peach/a/which/big/flating). 2.It was the biggest (seen/she/that/ever/had/peach). 3.Her husband came back from (had/which/in/mountain/he/the/worked). 4.What (are/reading/you) sounds like a horror story. 3和訳してください。 1-a.I have two cousins who are college students. 1-b.I have two cousins,who are college students. 2-a.Laura got married to a doctor whom I didn't know. 2-b.Laura got married to a doctor'which I didn't know. 3.He told me that he caught a cold,which was a lie. 2番は意味も教えてくださると嬉しいです><

• 英語にして下さい!!

以下の文章を日本語にして下さい!! お願いいたします。 we will see, if that happens, but not now I would like have some possibility I have my mind in 1000 things, hehe I mean its very difficult, too much

• 英語 教えて下さい

Science may tell us that in the struggle for life it is the fittest who ( A ),but we who ( B )through two great wars have seen with our eyes that it is the bravest, the noblest and the best who perish. (A)(1)is surviving(2)survived(3)have been survived(4)survive (B)(1)are living(2)have lived(3)will live(4)should live (A)(B)に入れるのに最も適切なものを(1)~(4)の中から選ぶのですが、教えて下さい。説明も添えていただけると嬉しいです。

• 複数形について

この二つの英文で合っているのはどっちですか? どなたか教えてくれませんでしょうか? 1. I have brothers, who are students. 2. I have brothers, who are student. あとこの英文は間違っていないでしょうか? Tom, who is a student, does not like studying.

• 何と書いてあるのでしょうか?

この文は、いったいなんですか?  なんて書いてあるのか知りたいのですが、教えてください。  It is ... to a thing reading this message.  I think that you who watch this are lucky. ... that ... this world does not have light than the person whom I do not take little it  ... that a person does not have a smile  It is you who watch this that hope saves few ... this world in living everything.  Value all the ... you living things which must not die, and ... you that ... you who will walk fate same as the present people if I neglect this message must not break a law of a country are ... till the day comes.  Leader / viki from the future 

• 英語にして下さい!!お願いいたします。

I know this email will come quite unexpectedly! No, it’s not about my story (yet!). But I wanted to tell you a couple of things! First of all, I hope you are not really catching a cold, I would be sad if so!Then, I’ll go straight to the reason of the email. I want to thank you for sending me those photos you took at usj. But not only this! I kept watching those photos, as I told you yesterday!The reason is…! They made me think! (about good things, don’t worry!)Of course, take what I am about to say as a compliment! They made me think that you are a really simple and gentle person! ^^ I can’t help thinking it by looking at the photo! And you look so cute and funny on that hellokitty dress :D You know what? I think I could lift you easily XD (again, take what I am saying as a compliment). It’s something I really like :D That said, I wanted to say that I also think this (being simple) is an aspect of you (amongst many others, of course!) which I really appreciate. In those photos, you look so naturally smiling! I appreciate simple people! And I appreciate you for being simple!Being simple is a really good thing on my opinion. That’s why I think you are really cute! I prefer a simple person as you are a lot more than someone who starts declaiming the whole ‘Divine Comedy’ and then behaves badly. I think, because you are simple, you can do no intentional harm to anyone! ^-^ And once more (もう一回!) I appreciate this. A lot. I don’t like complex people who have a tortuous way of thinking! Lastly, I also wanted to tell you again how much I appreciated your letter. And the fact that you made that Origami! That makes me feel warm every time I watch it (and I do it often!). Another sign of your kindness. It’s one of those little things that might seem nothing to someone. But which I really, deeply and sincerely appreciate. That touched me a lot, thank you.