• ベストアンサー

この2文がどう違うか教えてください

この2文の違いを教えてください At Sophia University, Ando learned English even though she never lived with a foreign roommate. At Sophia University, Ando learned English even though she never interacted with non-Japanese classmates.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • yow
  • ベストアンサー率23% (181/782)
回答No.1

前者は『外国人と一緒に住んだことがない』、後者は『外国人の生徒との接触がない』、という違いでしょうか。文の後半をそのまま訳しただけですが。

関連するQ&A

• to について

お世話になっております。 以下の文についてお教え頂けないでしょうか。 She never took a taxi, even though she could afford to. (1)affordの後にはどうしてtoが必要なのでしょうか? 通常affordは他動詞として扱われるので質問させて頂きました。 ご指導の程何卒宜しくお願い致します。

• 日本語訳で困っています。

以下の文章がものすごく難しくてどう訳せばいいかわかりません。 だれか教えてください。お願いします。 (1)Even though these changes are seldom huge, and may not be apparent to others, you are likely to be very aware of them, and this can be confusing, all the more so because it is unexpected. (2)The re-adjustment period is usually rather short-lived, since home will never be as foreign to you as the foreign environment you adjusted to overseas. (2)の文は【比較構文 not as ~ as...】と書いてあります。どういうことでしょか? not as ~as... は「・・・ほど~ではない」という比較表現です。 上記の文ではnotがneverになっていて、asとasの間が形容詞1語ではなく、foreign to you と句の形になっている。 ↑と補足してあるんですが、よくわかりません。

• evenの考え方

Why is the sea never still? Well, there are times when the sea is nearly still, though no doubt even when it looks like glass there are waves in it too small for us to see.But the sea is always moving, even so much that our eyes can see it, simply because the air above it is moving. この英文のeven so much...のevenを、どのように考えたらいいのか、どのように訳したらいいのか、分かりません。 「しかし、ただ海上で風が動いているという理由で、海は常に目で見えるほど動いている。」 前文からの繋がりで、波が見えないほど海が静かだなんてことはねーけどな!的なことを意味してるとは分かったのですが、evenが付いてることがよく分からなくて困ってます。 でさえ、とか、までも、という意味を当てはめても何だか訳がわかりません。

• Why is the sea never...

Why is the sea never still? Well, there are times when the sea is nearly still, though no doubt even when it looks like glass there are waves in it too small for us to see.But the sea is always moving, even so much that our eyes can see it, simply because the air above it is moving. even so muchの部分ですが、このevenはso much...を修飾しているということでしょうか。だとすれば、どう訳すのが適切でしょうか。強意の「さえ、までも」だと意味が分からないので、「それどころか」でしょうか。 また、「それどころか」と訳した場合、前文の内容を受けて「それどころか」なのでしょうか。

• 英文の文法構造を教えてください。

Why is the sea never still? Well, there are times when the sea is nearly still, though no doubt even when it looks like glass there are waves in it too small for us to see. という英文の、 Wellから始まる第2文の文法構造を教えてください。

• 単語は調べたのですが、全く分かりません。翻訳お願い致します。

The school's dual focus of brains and brawn appeals to Joe Sr. That, plus the fact that his boys would now mingle with the privileged children of Boston's wealthy elite, which is something Joe never had even though he attended the Boston Latin School and Harvard. ★dual…2つの部分から成る、二重の、2の ★focus…焦点 ★brain…脳 ★brawn…たくましい筋肉 ★mingle with…~を混ぜる、~を混ぜ合わせる、混ざる ★privilege…に特権を与える ★wealthy…富裕な、裕福な ★even though…though(けれども、にも関わらず) ★attend…出席する ★Latin…ラテン

• 自由英作添削お願いします!!11.早稲田政経

添削お願いします!!                                早稲田政経では文法ミスなどがなければ細かい論理構成までは減点をしません!20点満点でお願いします!!   問題. Read the statement below and write a paragraph giving at least two reasons why you agree or disagree with it."English should be the only official language of Japan" I disagree with the idea that English should be the only official language of Japan.First,it is almost impossible to put this idea into practice. Some Japanese people cannot speak even a word in English,so they will not be able to speak English well,no matter how hard they study English.They are not intelliget enough to learn English.Second,even though English is more widely used than any other language in the world,people who do not go abroad or communicate with foreign people do not have to study English.They have only to be able to speak Japanese language. 20点満点でお願いします!!

• 嫌な文を貰いました

奇妙なメールを貰ったのですが自分なりに訳しましたがきちんと訳せません。この文を書いたのが本当に知り合いの彼なのかどうかは分りませんがこれです。教えて下さい You call me baby and all that other stuff but I don't really get why you say those things when you have never held my hand, kissed my lips or even hugged me! And I am so confused at times! DO you want to be my girlfriend because I can't tell! I know you said that you live in @@@. and I look at @@@ every day from my boat! It isn't far at all! In matter of fact, it isn't more than an hour a way! So I am wondering what is going to happen when I get back on the 14th! What can you tell me! Can you give me an explanation or an answer??? Please don't get mad at me for feeling like this but how would you feel if you have been talking to someone for a little while. And you are new to there country, and you are all they think about but you have never seen that person or never held that person or never even eaten dinner with that person. But every day they call you BABY! You would want to know what's going on, RIGHT? You would think is this person playing with your emotions! This person must be a PLAYER or a PIMP!! Can you email with an answer today at least! That is all I ask!!! And you got a car too! A drive from @@@ isn't far either!! Come on now,

• 英文の解説をお願いします。

道に迷った女性に英語で道を聞かれた、男性が言ったせりふです。 I'm sorry I can't understand English at all. Hey, you never know. Next time you're over, maybe I'll have learned a bit of English for you. "Nest time you're over" の意味がわかりません。「今度来たときには」なのかなと推測はできますが。 わかるかたがいらっしゃったら、解説していただけませんか? よろしくお願いします。

• 単純な文ですがうまく訳せません…お願いします!!

<家族計画の話題(問題個所まで要約します。)> 現在47歳の主婦Cookさんは42の時に第一子を設け現在その子は6歳。その後2人目を考えたが、高齢のため不可能に。なので中国から養子をもらうことにし、現在3歳。 ここから↓ ☆Cook and Fine(妻と夫の名) didn't want to stop at one because they both came from families with three children. ★There are no more kids on their rader screen, however. ★“I sort of feel like I've pushed it with adopting at 45,”Cook says. ☆Even with only two, she feels blessed. ★の部分がわかりません。 rader screen??? I've push it with~??? 自分なりの訳。。↓ ☆夫妻は両方とも3人兄弟のいる家族の出だったので、子供1人では終わりたくなかったのです。 ★ですが彼らのレーダー画面上にはもう子供はいません。 ★「まぁ私は45歳で養子をもらってpush itな気分なのです」とCookさんは言います。 ☆二人だけでも彼女は幸せなのです。 ★部分。。。わかりません。 rader screen?つまりは彼らの将来設計というか家族計画的なものを抽象的に置き換えているのでしょうか? I've pushed it with adopting...にかんしては、まったくわかりません。pushのしっくりくる訳がでてきません。前後的に彼女が言いそうなこと的には「もう満足」のようになるのでしょうか?全くの憶測です。。 前後関係がありややこしいかもしれないですが、よろしくお願いします!!