アメリカ旅行で忘れたパスポートと現金の問題

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 友人がアメリカ旅行中にホテルでパスポートと現金を忘れました。現金は送ることができず、ホテルからはパスポートと一緒に手紙が送られてきたとのことです。
  • 手紙にはパスポートが見つかったことと後日現金が送られることが書かれています。ただし、「Please be advised」というフレーズの意味については分からず困惑しています。
  • 友人は手紙が届くのを心配していますが、待つことで問題ないのか、また、手紙がまだ届いていない旨を伝える英文表現があれば教えてほしいとのことです。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

翻訳はあっているでしょうか?

友人が先日アメリカ旅行をしました。A市からB市に移動したときに、A市のホテルの金庫にパスポートと現金を忘れてしまいました。そこで同じ系列のホテルのB市のホテルにパスポートは送ってもらったのですが、現金は送るわけにはいかないので、パスポートと一緒に以下のような手紙が入っていました。 Dear Ms.M Enclosed please find your property that was found within the A hotel. Please be advised that the $500.00 will be mailed to you at a later date, in form of a check. (M様。あなたの持ち物=パスポートはAホテルで見つかり、同封いたしました。500ドルは後日小切手で発送いたします。) ↑私はこういう風に理解したのですが、あっているでしょうか? よく分からなかったのが、Please be advised で何かアドバイスがほしいのかと思ってしまいましたが、受身形なので、これはホテル側がアドバイスを受けた現金ですが、、、ということかなと。友人はもうすぐこの手紙を受け取って一ヶ月がたつので、本当に届くか心配しておりますが、このまま待っておけば大丈夫ですよね。 もし、よければ「まだ、届いてないですが、、、」という何かいい英文があればついでに教えていただければ幸いです。よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • tanktan
  • ベストアンサー率20% (23/111)
回答No.1

だいたい理解されているようです。 Please be advised that ~   「貴方に~を御連絡します。」という意味です。 問題なのは、小切手が送られてきても現金化が難しいということじゃないでしょうか?銀行経由だと取りたて手数料が高額で、時間がかかるんですよね。

odaspi
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。安心しました。友人に早速伝えます。

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.2

以下の翻訳サイトでも確認してみてください。

参考URL:
http://www.excite.co.jp/world/text/

関連するQ&A

• Please be advised

たまに仕事で使う英文で「Please be advised that ...」という表現を目にします。これは「...を報告します。」という意味で良いのでしょうか。 また、どの様なニュアンス(丁寧さとか)の言い回しになるのか教えてください。例えば、I inform that...とはどう違うのでしょうか。

• ☆緊急!英文メールの翻訳希望

下記英文メールの翻訳をお願いしたいのです。 ~流れ~ 銀行口座に送金をしてもらう予定でした。その送金先を指定するメールを送ったところ下記のメールが送られてきました。確認が必要だということだと思うのですが、返金するのに受け取り側が手数料を要請しているということでしょうか? With regards to the above contract, please be advised that we require confirmation from the client that their bank is expecting the return before this can be processed.

• 翻訳よろしくお願いします!

i mailed on 10-31-2011... its been 10 days.. it could be any day.. i know you have waited a long time... but i promise i mailed and you saw receipt.... i will be happy to do the other DVDs minus the ones i already sent because i really think they will get there soon. I know everyone likes to keep the cost down or lower... but i can provide you other options for mailing that gets there a little quicker, safer and require a signature... for future orders...maybe add insurance...the mailing systems does not tend to lose things that are insured....

• 翻訳(英語→日本語)お願いします!

とある船会社でデビットカードが使えるか調べたところ次のような英文が出てきました。 なんとなく、使えそうな雰囲気なのかなとは思うのですが、英語が苦手なのではっきりと 分かりません>< どうか翻訳をお願いいたします! 全文完璧に翻訳じゃなくても、大体こんな感じというのが分かればいいです。 よろしくお願い致します。 Norwegian does not recommend the use of a debit card as payment for your onboard folio. However, if you choose to pay with a debit card, please be advised that Norwegian obtains pre-authorization which some banks may hold for up to 30 days. Using your debit or ATM card Norwegian does not recommend the use of a debit card as payment for your onboard folio. Please be advised that multiple holds will be placed on your debit card account based on your onboard purchases. After settling your onboard folio, these debit card holds may remain on your account up to 30 days after the cruise ends. To avoid overdraft charges from your bank, please make sure that you have enough available funds in your account during this hold period. Norwegian will not be responsible for overdraft charges resulting from holds placed on Debit Card accounts.

• すいませんが、翻訳お願いします

Yes I will be making something very close, I plan on making a focus adapter that extends the finned look out. Please give me a PM in about 4-5 weeks as now I'm really back logged and wish I had a clone right about now You have a good day Jeff...

• 翻訳してください

"a supposed secret laboratory south of Baghdad" と Actually, to be honest, I'm not so fond of that. はどういう意味でしょうか?教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• すいませんが翻訳お願いします。

すいませんが翻訳お願いします。 We are writing to inform you that our products department had comfirmed that this item A0878000BQ is above 300mw. It has a strict quality check before shipping. And it is possible that the 200mw is much powerful than the 300mw. Would you please keep the item and we are willing to apply you $40 cash coupon as a gift? Your understanding and cooperation will be highly appreciated! Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions!

• 翻訳をお願いいたします。

Please be informed that your document has been filed for future reference. We await a utility bill in order to process your withdrawal. Once you have sent this, please resubmit your request on the Neteller site.  預けている金をネッテラーというネット銀行へ返金するよう私がブックメーカーへ要求しています。上の返事が来たのですが翻訳していただけないでしょうか?

• 英語の翻訳をお願いします

モスクワのホテル、1泊延泊する予定です。 その際、ホテルのパウチャーの日程を変える必要があります。 そのホテルは宿泊をキャンセルするとパウチャーもキャンセル手数料が必要です。 1泊延泊でパウチャー書き換えで無料なのか英語の翻訳、機能を使っても理解できませんでした。 こちらの英文です↓ We will be glad to provide updated visa support documents free of charge. Please make new reservation for additional charge and send us condirmation letter or advise us after that so we will be able to check our system. After that we will be glad to send you new visa documents. 宜しくお願いします。

• すいません、翻訳お願いします。

すいません、翻訳お願いします。 Thanks for your email. Sorry for the inconvenience it caused to you. We have checked that we have received your package, it may on its way now. Please be patient and we will definitely help you out of this.You may wai for another a few days.Your understanding and patience will be highly appreciated! Please feel free to contact us whenever you have questions. Have a nice day!