• 締切済み

「あかいくつ」英語で説明して

What is the origin of "Akai-Kutsu" (red shoes) , one of the bus routes in Yokohama? Answer in English and alphabets.

みんなの回答

• f272
  • ベストアンサー率46% (8021/17144)
回答No.2

The main color of the retro-style bus is red, and it fits perfectly with the nursery rhyme "Red Shoes" and the image of the bus as a new "foot" for Yokohama sightseeing.

回答No.1

After World War II, exchanges between Japan and the West became more active. In Yokohama, celluloid dolls with blue eyes were imported and These dolls came to be loved by the children of Japan. At the same time, children from poor families and children without parents were taken to Europe and America as foster children. at this same port. It is a song that expresses a sliver of sadness in the midst of a future filled with hope.

関連するQ&A

• 日本語の回文を英語で説明して

Japanese word "shimbunshi" is a palindrome, but why? Answer in English and Alphabets, don't use hiragana or katakana.

• 日本語の駄洒落を英語で説明して

I heard the Japanese phrase "A futon has been blown off" is a joke. Tell me why this phrase is a joke. Answer in English and alphabets, don't use Japanese characters.

• 「レ点」英語で説明して

Why is the "check mark" called "re-ten (re mark)"in Japanese? Answer in English and alphabets. I can't read or understand Japanese characters.

• この英語はあっていますか・・・?

自分で書いた文章なのですが、合っているかわからないので 間違っていたらご指摘お願いいたします><! However, English is not the one in one country alone. In fact, this English is used all over the world. But, the opportunity to meet British English is of rare occurrence to me when I'm in Japan. In addition, I suffer inconvenience from I can’t understand British English. --------------------------------------------------------------- It is to understand British’s culture. But, the opportunity to meet British English is of rare occurrence to me when I'm in Japan. Even if I am the international class, the chance to meet British culture is of rare to me. It can be recognized that there is a different culture. But, if this goes on I may end to live without learning other culture in the culture of Japan.

• 英語でどう説明したらいいのか教えて下さい。

“I often wonder about how I am doing, what I might be missing, and what I need to change or let go of as my boy grows older. In sum, like most parents, I learn as I go.”という文に対して、 問題は“What is the purpose of the signal word (In sum) in relation to the ideas around them?"と聞かれているのにどう答えていいのか分かりません。 なんとなくは分かるのですが、いざ英語で答えるとなるとどうまとめていいのか・・。どなたかヒントを下さると助かります!

• 教え方が良くない 英語

日本の英語の教え方は良くない。 The way of teaching English is not good in japan と、 The way of teaching English in japan is not good in japanの位置での違いはなんでしょうか?

• 英語での物理

英語で物理をやっていますが、わからない問題が幾つかあり困っています。英訳はどちらでも構いませんので、どうぞ教えて下さい。 T&F(つまり正解か不正解かを選ぶ問題) 1)Simultaneous events in one reference frame cannot be simultaneous in another reference frame. 選択問題 1)Changing momentum while keeping the speed constant a.is impossible b.can be cone only under relativistic conditions c.can be accomplished due to vector nature of momentum d.none of the above 最後に If the index of refraction of red light in glass is 1.51, and the wavelength is 700nm, what is the frequency of the light? どれか1つでも構いません。よろしくお願いします。

• 【英語】なぜ過去形なのかわかりません。

In Japan, English is even used in television commercials, despite the fact that the majority of viewers would not understand exactly what was being said. この英文で、wouldを「現在における推量(~かもしれない」とご指導頂いたのですが、 なぜwhat was と過去形なのか? また、なぜわざわざ進行形なのか?わかりません。 よろしくお願い致します。

• フルーツバスケットを英語で説明

フルーツバスケットのようなゲームを英語で説明したいので、添削・英訳お願いしたいです。 出来るだけ簡単な単語や言い回しで表現したいです>< よろしくお願いします。 1. Move our desks to the walls and windows. 2. Bring our chairs and make a big circle. 3. The number of chairs is reduced from one total of the participant 4. And put the one chair in a circle. 5. First, I stand in a circle and choose a piece of paper written a sentence in English from the box. 6. I read the sentence. (5&6⇒ はじめは私が真ん中に立って、箱の中から1枚の紙を選び、その英文を読みます) 6. その英文に該当する人は、席をたって違う席に移動します 7. 椅子は1つ少ないので、1人椅子に座れません 8. 座れなかったひとは、真ん中に立ち、また1枚紙を選び、書かれた英文を読みます よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の例文は原文のままでいいのでしょうか?(翻訳)

以下の英文を翻訳するとき、(1)の"the red flag is a conventional sign of danger"や(2)の"Mary means trouble","Mary means well","Smoke means fire"等の例文として挙げている文は原文のままでいいのでしょうか? また、その例文の箇所に""(ダブルクオーテーション)等つけた方がいいのでしょうか?お時間があれば以下の英文を翻訳していただけないでしょうか?よろしくお願いいたします。 (1)Whereas smoke is a natural sign of fire, causally connected with what it signifies, the red flag is a conventional sign of danger: it is a culturally established symbol. These distinctions between the intentional and the nonintentional, on the one hand, and between what is natural and what is conventional, or symbolic, on the other, play a central part in the theoretical investigation of meaning. (2)That the verb 'mean' is being employed in different senses in the examples that I have used so far is evident from the fact that Mary means trouble is ambiguous: it can be taken like Mary means well or like Smoke means fire. Indeed, with a little imagination it is possible to devise a context, or scenario, in which the verb 'mean' in Mary means trouble can be plausibly interpreted in the way that it would normally be interpreted in That red flag means danger. Most language-utterances, we shall see, depend for their interpretation upon the context in which they are used. And the vast majority of them have a wider range of meanings than first come to mind. Utterances containing the word 'meaning' (or the verb 'mean') are no different from other English utterances in this respect.