XX: The Forgotten Musician

このQ&Aのポイント
  • XX is a musician who served as a Kapellmeister of three Kings in Prussia, including Friedrich II (1712-1786). However, his existence has been almost forgotten today.
  • XX, a Kapellmeister, served as a musician for three Kings in Prussia, including Friedrich II (1712-1786). Unfortunately, his contributions have been largely overlooked in modern times.
  • XX, a talented musician, held the prestigious position of Kapellmeister for three Prussian Kings, including Friedrich II (1712-1786). Regrettably, his legacy has faded away over time.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

添削お願いします(2)

https://okwave.jp/qa/q9598069.html の続きです XX is a musician to served as a Kapellmeister of three Kings in Prussia including Friedrich II (1712-1786), but his existence has been almost forgot today. 「XXはフリードリヒ2世をはじめとする3人のプロイセン国王の宮廷楽長を務めた音楽家ですが、彼の存在は今日でほとんど忘れられています。」 *Kapellmeisterというのは宮廷楽長のことです。 英文が少し長かったため、2つに分けさせていただきました。 こちらの英文の添削をお願いします。

• wxw
  • お礼率89% (1045/1166)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9728/12102)
回答No.3

以下のとおり、語句と添削文をお答えします。 >XX is a musician to served as a Kapellmeister of three Kings in Prussia including Friedrich II (1712-1786), but his existence has been almost forgot today. >「XXはフリードリヒ2世をはじめとする3人のプロイセン国王の宮廷楽長を務めた音楽家ですが、彼の存在は今日でほとんど忘れられています。」 (語句) *フリードリヒ2世をはじめ…:including Friedrich II (1712-1786) and others。and othersで「~をはじめ」の語感を表しました。 *3人のプロイセン国王の宮廷楽長:a Kapellmeister for three Prussian Kings。「代々の国王に仕えて」というニュアンスを表すためにfor three Prussian Kingsとしました。 *~を務めた音楽家:the musician who served as ~。ここにto servedは使えないと思います。 *今日でほとんど忘れられている:is almost forgotten in the present days。forgetの過去分詞はforgottenの方が主流です。「今日」はtodayでもいいですが、 in the present daysの方がレポート向きです。 (添削文) XX is the musician who served as a Kapellmeister for three Prussian Kings including Friedrich II (1712-1786) and others, but his existence is almost forgotten in the present days. 《XXはフリードリヒ2世をはじめとする3人のプロイセン国王の宮廷楽長を務めた音楽家ですが、彼の存在は今日でほとんど忘れられています。》

wxw
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 including ~ and othersとすると、~をはじめとする、というニュアンスが出るのですね。 Present dayの方がペーパーには適切なのですね。覚えておきます。 大変参考になりました。ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (2)

回答No.2

ちょっと気になって調べていましたが,宮廷楽長は Hofkapellmeister とする記載があります。ドイツ語特有の合成語なので分解して英語に訳すと court+chapel+master となり,宮廷+楽団+統括者。

wxw
質問者

お礼

わざわざ調べていただいたのですね。 >Hofkapellmeisterという言い方をするのですね。HOFが抜けていたようなんですね。 参考になりました。ご回答ありがとうございます。

回答No.1

Though XX was a musician appointed to the Kapellmeister by three Prussian kings including Friedrich II (1712-1786), his name is almost forgotten today.

関連するQ&A

• 添削お願いします

The period of his activity overlap an age from the meridian of Friedrich II who was the king of Prussia, go by the French Revolution, invasion of Napoleon in Germany, and win of German War of Liberation. 「彼の活動の時期がプロイセン王国のフリードリヒ2世の最盛期から、フランス革命を経て、ナポレオンのドイツ侵攻、さらには解放戦争のプロイセン軍勝利に至る時代と重なる」 プロイセン王国のフリードリヒ2世 = <Friedrich II who was the king of Prussia> フランス革命を経て = <go by the French Revolution> としましたが、最盛期から~を経て~、さらには~。 という表現がこれでいいのか教えて欲しいです。 こちらの英文の添削をお願いします。

• 添削の添削お願いします。

(1)I get nervous whenever I talk to native speakers. (2)The company is located in Nagoya where is known for TOYOTA. と、友達にメールしたところ、 (1)I'm still finding it difficult when I talk to native speakers. (2)The company is located in Nagoya which is known for TOYOTA. と添削されて帰ってきました。 (1)この僕の文章は間違っているのでしょうか?あるいは、文法的には合っているが、口語ではあまり使われない表現なのでしょうか? (2)whereとwhichとthatの使い方が分かっていたと思っていたら添削されたのでショックですし、理解出来ず、余計分からなくなってしまいました。分かりやすい使い分け方ありますでしょうか? 宜しくお願い致します。

• 英文を訳して下さい。

The Battle of the Vistula River, also known as the Battle of Warsaw, was a Russian victory against the German Empire and Austria-Hungary on the Eastern Front during the First World War. By mid-September 1914 the Russians were driving the Austro-Hungarian Army deep into Galicia, threatening Krakow, and the Austro-Hungarian invasion of Serbia was floundering. The armies that the Russian commander Grand Duke Nicholas was assembling in Poland were still enlarging, including the arrival of crack troops from Siberia, freed by the Japanese declaration of war against Germany on 23 August . Stavka (Russian supreme headquarters) intended for the forces assembled south of Warsaw—500,000 men and 2,400 guns—to march west to invade the German industrial area of Upper Silesia, which was almost undefended. On their Eastern Front the Germans had only one army, the Eighth, which was in East Prussia. It already had mauled two Russian armies at Tannenberg and at the First Battle of the Masurian Lakes. To support the reeling Austro-Hungarian Armies, OHL (Oberste Heeresleitung, German supreme headquarters) formed a new German Ninth Army in Silesia, to be commanded by General Richard von Schubert, with Erich Ludendorff, transferred from Eighth army, as chief of staff. Ludendorff quickly evaluated the situation in Silesia and convinced the new commander at OHL, Erich von Falkenhayn, to strengthen the Ninth army and also to make Paul von Hindenburg commander of both German armies in the east. Ninth army, with headquarters in Breslau, consisted of the XVII, XX, XI, Guard Reserve and Landwehr Corps, as well as a mixed Landwehr Division from Silesia and the Saxon 8th Cavalry Division. In early October, the Army was reinforced by the 35th Reserve Division from East Prussia. Thus, Hindenburg had at his disposal 12 Infantry and one cavalry divisions. On 17 September papers from a dead German officer disclosed to the Russians that four German Corps, which they believed to be in East Prussia, were now in Silesia. To face the threat from Silesia, the Russians withdrew men from East Prussia and from the front facing the Austro-Hungarians The geographical barrier that separated the bulk of the opposing armies was the Vistula River. The Russian corps marching north to fill the gap moved along the east bank of the Vistula, which protected their left flanks. The troop movements involved both the Southwest Front commanded by Nikolay Iudovich Ivanov and the Northwest Front under Nikolai Ruzsky. Their movements were poorly coordinated. The Battle of the Vistula River ヴィスワ川の戦い

• 添削お願いします

友人(アメリカ人)が忙しい中、会ってくれたので そのことに対してお礼のメールをおくりたいんですが 下記の文章で 大丈夫でしょうか? I apreciate your time in Agust 27th. It was nice to meet you again 添削をよろしくお願いいたします。

• 添削をお願いします。

I hate Sunday park,and tell a lie. You say you need your space,time and money. With or without you I'll be fine too. Found someday new? Then you just pick up the phone. You come look my eyes and tell me straight. 私は、日曜日の公園が嫌いであり、嘘をつきます。 あなたは、あなたのスペース、時間、およびお金を必要とすると言います。 また、あなたのあるなしにかかわらず、私は元気になるでしょう。 いつか、新しいのが見つけられますか? あなたはただ、電話をしてください。 あなたは、私の目を見て、まっすぐ私に言ってください。 歌を訳すのって、ちょっとコツがいりますよね。 これは歌の歌詞なんですが、意訳の部分もあります。 ヘンな部分があったら、教えてください。

• 添削お願いします。

thank you for inviting me to the live and thank you for listening me your cool and awesome musics.i spent a great time.keep play the base going from now on and plese let me listen good music. ライブによんでもらってありがとう、あと良い音楽を聴かせてくれてありがとう。最高なときを過ごせました。これからもベース頑張って、良い音楽を私に聴かせてください。 と言いたいんですけど、正しくなおして欲しいんです。英語がわかる方お願いします。

• 添削お願いします

今度集団留学をするのですが、海外で簡単なアンケートを取りたいと思っています。対象はネイティブスピーカーと英語圏に来ている留学生の両方です。 そのため、まだ英語を流暢に話せる人でなくても答えられるような比較的簡単な英文にしたいと思っています。原文と自分なりに考えた英訳を載せるので、よろしければ添削お願いいたします。 ―ここからは留学生に対する質問です― III,留学先について (1) あなたがこの国を留学先に選んだ理由を簡潔に教えてください (2) あなたはこの国に来る前、この国(国の人)はどんな国(人)だと思っていましたか? あなたが持っていたイメージを簡潔に教えてください ご協力ありがとうございました Question from here to overseas student III About the country you chose for study abroad (1) Please tell us the reason why you chose this country for study abroad briefly. (2)What kind of image did you have about the country where you are now or people who live here before you came here? Please tell us the image that you had briefly. Thank you for your cooperation

• 添削をお願いします

以前も添削依頼をしたのですが、今回もお願いします。“政府は最近、消費税を引き上げるつもりなのかしら”“そうあってほしくないね” 私が作った文章は “I wonder these days government determines to raise consumption tax.” “I want not to do that.”です。全く自信がないので添削していただきたいです。アドバイスをよろしくお願いします。

• 添削お願いします

いつもお世話になっています。今回も添削のお願いをさせて下さい。 「あの子を無理に塾に通わせるのは反対だ。その気がなければ、はたからはどうすることもできないとよく言うだろう」 私が作った文章は I cannot agree to force to go to cram school him. It is often said that if he is unwilling to do,nobody can persuade him. です。多分間違いが多いと思います。いつも添削のお願いばかりして申し訳ありませんが、回答を宜しくお願いします。

• ご添削ください

日本語を勉強中。 この一段ですが、ご添削ください。ご助言も大切にいただきます。 「私は外国人ですから、国によって習慣なども違いますので、何か他人が不快と誤解とになるような表現になったら、お許しください。ご指摘もぜひいただきませ。」   私は日本人ではありません。美しい日本語を身につけたくて、日本人と違和感なく交流したいと思いますので、日本語を勉強中でございます。外国語の勉強は大変です。ご助力が欲しいです。いろいろ教えていただければ、とても幸せです。これからもよろしくお願いします。