グローバル・ジェンダー・ギャップ指数2018年版が発表され、日本は110位に

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 世界経済フォーラムは、男女格差の度合いを示す「グローバル・ジェンダー・ギャップ指数」の2018年版を発表しました。
  • この指数は、149カ国を対象に調査を行い、日本は110位に位置しました。
  • 日本のスコアは0.662であり、男女格差が依然として存在していることが示されました。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

添削お願いします

世界経済フォーラムによる男女格差の度合いを示す「グローバル・ジェンダー・ギャップ指数」2018年版が12月18日に発表された。調査対象となった149カ国のうち、日本は110位(スコア0.662)だった。 The 2018 edition of "Gender Gap Index" that showing the degree of male-female divide by the World Economic Forum was announced on December 18th. According to this, Japan is the 110th (score is 0.662) out of 149 countries that is investigation object. こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• wxw
  • お礼率89% (1045/1166)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9727/12099)
回答No.2

以下のとおりお答えします。 お書きの文(和英)・語句・添削文(と対訳)を列記します。 >世界経済フォーラムによる男女格差の度合いを示す「グローバル・ジェンダー・ギャップ指数」2018年版が12月18日に発表された。調査対象となった149カ国のうち、日本は110位(スコア0.662)だった。 >The 2018 edition of "Gender Gap Index" that showing the degree of male-female divide by the World Economic Forum was announced on December 18th. According to this, Japan is the 110th (score is 0.662) out of 149 countries that is investigation object. (語句) *男女格差の度合いを示す:showing the degree of gender gap/disparity。「男女格差」は、gender gap/disparityとするのがほとんど決まり文句です。 *調査対象となった149カ国のうち:among the 149 countries surveyed。「調査対象国」は、surveyed countriesでもcountries surveyedでもいいですが、数詞(149の)が前につくので、後者の方が落ち着きがいいです。 *日本は110位(スコア0.662)だった:Japan was / ranked 110th (score 0.662)。動詞はwas「~だった」でも、ranked「~という順位だった」でも、was ranked「~に格付けられた」でもいいでしょう。 (添削文)The "Global Gender Gap Index" 2018 edition showing the degree of gender gap/disparity was announced by the World Economic Forum on December 18. (According to its report,) Japan was/ranked/ was ranked 110th (score 0.662) among the 149 countries surveyed. 《男女格差の度合いを示す「グローバル・ジェンダー・ギャップ指数」2018年版が12月18日に世界経済フォーラムから発表された。(その報告によると、)調査対象となった149カ国のうち、日本は110位(スコア0.662)だった。》

wxw
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 gender gap というワードが出てきたので別の言葉で表せないかな、と思ってfemale ~を使ったのですが、gender disparityの方を使用したいと思います。 添削文大変参考になりました。ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (2)

noname#236835
noname#236835
回答No.3

No. 1の訂正: The 2018 edition of the "Global Gender Gap Index" showing the degree of male-female divide was released by the World Economic Forum on December 18th. According to the report, Japan was ranked the 110th (score: 0.662) among the subject 149 countries.

wxw
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 他の回答者様にもご指摘いただいているようにwas rankedの方が適切なんですね。 参考になりました!ありがとうございます。

noname#236835
noname#236835
回答No.1

The 2018 edition of the "Global Gender Gap Index" that showing the degree of male-female divide by the World Economic Forum was released on December 18th. According to the report, Japan was ranked the 110th (score: 0.662) among the subject 149 countries.

wxw
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 According to this, ではなくthis reportとしたらいいのですね。 その他添削していただいた文章は参考にさせていただきます。ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 確立 質問英文です 答え合わせをお願いします。

問題) Assuming 40 % of texting drivers are male and 60 % are female calculate the probability that the next two randomly selected texting drivers will be the same gender. 答えが手元にないのですがこれは 0.4 ^2 x 0.6 ^2 = 0.0576 で合っていますか? それとも 1回目が male, female 又は female, male 2回目が male, female 又は  female, male で  0.0576 x2 となりますか?

• 和訳添削願い

和訳してみたものの上手く訳すことができず、日本語として理解し難い訳になってしましました。和訳を添削していただけると助かります。よろしくお願いします。 We believe that this is partly due to the research tradition of empirical studies that does not treat the attribute-variable like gender as a causal variable. 私たちは、因果変数としてのジェンダーのような属性変数は部分的には、伝統的な実証研究では扱われていないと信じている。 Most empirical tests generally control the gender factor statically, and have not gone further to identify the differences when testing mass media effects. おおよその実証研究は、一般的にジェンダー変数を統計的にコントロール(統制)しており、マスメディア効果を検証するときに、差異を明らかにするためには使われていない。 We agree that there is a limitation on putting a gender variable into the simple causal model. ジェンダー変数を単純な因果モデルに入れるのは制限があることは同意する。 Yet, in this study, our premise is that the process of identifying mass media effects needs to determine the role of the variable “gender”, and if this variable indeed produces any difference in our independent, mediate and dependent variables. しかし、この研究において、私たちの前提は、マスメディア効果を特定する過程はジェンダー変数の役割を測定する必要があり、独立、媒介、従属変数において、この変数が差異を生み出すかどうかも測定する必要がある。 That is, if gender is somehow related to the core variables of communication effects gap hypothesis, such as education, media use, political knowledge and participation, we need to clarify the additional intervening role of gender before generalizing the media effects. つまり、もしジェンダーギャップが、教育、メディア利用、政治知識や参加などのコミュニケーション効果ギャップ仮説の主要な変数といくらか関係しているのなら、メディア効果を一般化する前に、私たちは ジェンダーの新たな干渉的な役割を明確にする必要がある。

• 添削お願いします

(In other words, if more women are added to the labor force, it is expected that greater economic benefits will arise than when the same number of male workers are joined. )I suppose it leads to go up in the ranking of gender gap. Although it has become clear on the number, I have never really experienced such as see and call on women’s movement. ()以降を添削して欲しいです。 「それは男女差別のランクを上げるだろう。(Grobal Gender Gap Indexのランクの事です。別の文章でその件については述べています)数字で明らかになっているにも関わらず、女性運動を見たり呼びかけられた経験がほとんどない。」 *seldomを使わずhaven't really としました。 こちらの英文の添削をお願いします。

• 添削お願いします

1)There are a lot of people who wishes the eliminate the gender gap, but small for women's movement is where things stand right now. 2)Iceland was also the male-dominated society before. There is the reason to became the most gender equality country is "women raised jointly their voices." <女性運動についてです> 「多くの人が男女差別をなくすのを望んでいますが、女性運動の動きが小さいのが現在の状況です」 「アイスランドも以前は男性(中心)社会でした。男女平等世界一になれたのは「声上げた女性たち」がいたのが理由です」 *This is where things stand right now. 「これが現在の状況です。」を参考にして一文目は作りました。 こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 添削お願いします

It will become to have a fixed idea that "a boy is that, a girl is that" by adults forcing their values like that in children who do not have aware of gender. 「男だから・女だからということがまだ自覚されてないタイミングから、大人がそれを刷り込んでいくことで「男はこう、女はこう」というステレオタイプができてしまう。」 *こちらの日本文をもとに英文を作りました。 少し英文に言いやすいように勝手に日本語文を変えたりしていますが、言いたいことは以上のことです。 こちらの英文の添削をしてほしいです。よろしくお願いします。

• 添削してください

しかし、purity に関しては、conservative の方に近い数値となった。liberalの平均が1.4に対しconservativeの平均は3.0。そして私自身のサーベイの結果は2.5だった。 このようにみると、自分がリベラル派だと思っていたが、調査の結果ほとんどそれに近い結果となっていることがわかった。 However, as for Purity, my score was close to that of the Conservative. The Liberal's average is 1.4 and the Conservative's average is 3.0, and my result is 2.5. From the above results, I thought that I am a Liberal, and I found that the result of survey was almost close to that. こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 以下の英文の意味を教えてください。

Clearly, there is a sense of dishoner attached to gossip among English males, an unwritten rule to the effect that, even if what one is doing is gossiping, it should be called something else.Perhaps even more important:it should sound like something else.In my gossip research, I found that the main difference between male and female gossip is that female gossip actually sounds like gossip.

• 添削してください。

明後日、学校で英語でプレゼンしないといけません。 書いた英語が文法的に正しいか添削をお願いします。 THE POPULATION OF ARGENTINA I will tell you about the population of Argentina. There live 40,301,927(forty million, three hundred one thousand, nine hundred twenty-seven) people in Argentina―about forty million people. Considering the population of Japan is about one hundred twenty million, that of Argentina is very small. As you can see, THREE TIMES!! So the rank of Argentina’s population is the 31st, and that of Japan’s is, to my surprise, the 10th. However, the population of Argentina is increasing and its population growth rate is 0.938%. On the other hand, in Japan, as you know, the number of people is decreasing. The rate of Japan is -0.088%. So in 2050 there will be about 51,382,000 people in Argentina, and about 112,198,000 in Japan. では、よろしくお願いします。

• 日本語に訳してください

日本語に訳してください。 Gender Criticism の説明文です。 They argue that our patriarchal culture is so imbued with assumption of heterosexual male superiority that we must continuously correct the imbalance by identifying and analyzing its components and negative influence. どうぞよろしくお願いします。

• 困っています。

以下の日本語訳はどう訳せばいいのでしょうか?だれか教えてください。お願いします。 (1)Clearly, there is a sense of dishonor attached to gossip among English males, an unwritten rule to the effect that, even if what one is doing is gossiping, it should be called something else. (2)Perhaps even more important: it should sound like something else. (3)In my gossip research, I found that the main difference between male and female gossip is that female gossip actually sounds like gossip.