Is Oral Health and Hygiene Worth Ending a Relationship Over?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • After finding a fantastic guy, questions arise due to his poor oral health and hygiene habits. Will these issues affect the relationship in the long run?
  • A woman questions the importance of oral health and hygiene in a relationship after noticing her partner's neglect in these areas. Will this impact their future together?
  • The effect of poor oral health and hygiene habits on a relationship is explored as a woman contemplates the long-term implications of her partner's behavior.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

After a few attempts in the dating world, I have finally found myself a fantastic guy with a easy-going personality that is just perfect for me. As a person, he is kind, loves unconditionally, and I always have fun when I’m around him. We are both in our late 20s and have been together 18 months. But I have started questioning everything because of some particular health and hygiene issues. He never brushes his teeth before going to bed at night and the effect on his teeth is obvious and they are deteriorating. He eats more sugar than anyone I know, even though his mother is diabetic, and has put on more than 20 pounds in the last year. I’m in the health industry so these things are very important to me. I want to recognize that these issues don’t matter as much as who he is, but what happens when we’re 50? Is this worth ending a relationship over? 最後の文のoverはなぜ必要なのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4131/5367)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

overは、前置詞の「…が原因で」の意味 https://ejje.weblio.jp/content/over (前置詞Iの4a) 「私は~~が原因で(彼との)関係を終えました。」を英語にすると、 I ended the relationship over ~~. この~~の箇所を、疑問文にすると、 Is ~~ worth ending a relationship over? ~~を「コレ(this)」で言い表すと、 Is this worth ending a relationship over?

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9728/12102)
回答No.1

>最後の文のoverはなぜ必要なのでしょうか? ⇒このoverによって「行為の完結性」を強調します。 「こんなこと(彼の甘党ぶり)で、私たちの関係を終わらせてしまうほどの価値がありますか?」

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 意味を教えてください

My father is 74 years old and in poor health. I only see him a couple of times a year because I am so busy these days between work and kids, and his health no longer permits him to travel to my home to visit. We are going to see him soon, and I have scheduled an in-studio photo session with a professional photographer for the first afternoon that we are going to be in town. My dad said he was willing to get photos taken with our boys. Here’s my dilemma: I don’t want my stepmother in the photos, and I’m searching for a diplomatic way to communicate this to him. Long story short: They have been married for 26-plus years, and she and I have never had a good relationship, but in the past 15 months or so, things have deteriorated to a point where I do not speak to her (unless absolutely necessary) and have decided to have no relationship with her going forward. for the first afternoon that we are going to be in townとgoing forwardの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

I suffer from very severe clinical depression and anxiety disorder. I am under a doctor’s care, but I still have times when these issues overwhelm me. Recently, my life has been more stressful than usual. I have tried to talk to my husband about my depression in the past, but he just tells me that I have a good life and I shouldn’t feel that way. I told him I don’t feel like I can talk to him about what is going on with me because of these responses. He assures me he is my biggest supporter and I can talk to him about anything. This past weekend I told my husband I was feeling very depressed, and his response was to roll his eyes and say, “What’s wrong with you now?” I told him again that these reactions are why I don’t feel like I can actually talk to him. His response was to get angry with me because I refuse to realize how good I have it. how good I have itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 下記の英文を訳してくださる方はいませんか?

Failing health Old age is a time of failing health. Over half the elderly have lost their teeth; over half have problems with vision; about half have chronic health problems that limit their activities; and over a fourth have problems with hearing (Kalish, 1975). In addition, serious conditions such as arthritis, rheumatism, high blood pressure, and heart disease are more prevalent, and seven out of eight old people have chronic conditions of some kind (Bengtson & Haber, 1975). On top of all this, their incomes are lower and their health costs are higher than at younger ages. お願いします。

• 和訳お願いします。

I think it is the year 1909. I feel as if I were in a moving-picture theatre, the long arm of light crossing the darkness and spinning, my eyes fixed upon the screen. It is a silent plcture, as if an old Biograph one, in which the actors are dressed in ridiculously old-fashioned clothes, and one flash succeeds another with sudden jumps, and the actors, too, seem to jump about, walking too fast. The shots are full of rays and dots, as if it had been raining when the picture was photographed. The light is bad. It is Sunday afternoon, June 12th, 1909, and my father is walking down the quiet streets of Brooklyn on his way to visit my mother. His clothes are newly pressed, and his tie is too tight in his high collar. He jingles the coins in his pocket, thinking of the witty things he will say. I feel as if I had by now relaxed entirely in the soft darkness of the theatre; the organist peals out the obvious approximate emotions on which the audience rocks unknowingly. I am anonymous. I have forgotten myself: it is always so when one goes to a movie; it is, as they say, a drug.

• 英語

(1)Kumi ( )a brother. He is twenty years old.(have) (2)What are you doing now?-I'm( )the newspaper.(read) (3)The earth( )around the sun.(go) (4 )He is( )a letter in his room.(write) (5)The girs are ( )lunch in the garden .(have) 与えられた動詞をもとに適切な形にして、( )を補い

• 長文を二つに分けた後半部分です

病気のことがかいてあるのですが、よくわかりません。 日本語に訳してください。宜しくお願いします。 When he needs medical attention and advice he will delay seeking it, because he always fears the worst, and is afraid of illness, even as it afflicts him, he fears it. Suffers complaints from living in damp houses, damp cellars, basements. When ill he looks ill, he becomes totally tired and worn out physically and mentally exhausted. He is cold and clammy and sweaty and collapsed. He retains his dignity in illness but wont do as he is told thinks he knows better than the Doctor. His illness are usualy short and predictable, because when he begins to come down with bad health, a day or two before he shows any symptoms, he is lax, careless fed up, cannot be bothered, and lets everything in his life slide. His health is worse in damp rainy whether. Suffers photophobia and head aches from strong sun light in the face. Appendix, asthma in one lung. Piles

• アメリカ人とのチャットの一部分を、教えてください

大まかにはわかるのですが、大切な会話なので、しっかり確認したいのです。 よろしくお願いします。 you are saying he is overly sensitive to what others act towards him he does not have to talk al has to do is say hello and go on about his business he makes it harder than is necessary all teenager have these feelings even some adults feel this way be ○○  needs to realize it as well and move on with his life the world os a big place and can be scary at times but there is far more good in the world than wath scares a person

• 和訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたに。 お願いできますでしょうか? 変な箇所があればご指摘いただけるとありがたいです。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 In the period before you meet he may have suffered some ill health. and conditions in his life have been uncertain and subject to frequent change and indecision on his part. He will have put emotional barriers up between himself and others in this period. Or else will feel he was imprisoned without walls, that circumstance have imprison him, he has a life that he seeks escape from. He is sensitive to atmospheres, unspoken hostilities His outer confidence will hide a feeling of weakness and helplessness. and falling in love with you may be a form of escape from the things in his life he is unhappy with. Love will provide him with a kind of liberty, freedom, while he is tied to the limitations and responsibilities of his former existence.

• ツタンカーメンを殺したのは・・

お願いします。エッセイでツタンカーメンを殺した容疑者に対しての提出課題があります。以下文法の添削願います ※自信がない英語は()の中に日本語を入れています In my opinion, these evidences such as Aye are vizier, he is commoner and Aye married Ankhesenamen are not sufficient evidence to persuade me. I readily understand that Aye is the key person in this story. However, these evidences cannot support Aye is suspect(これらの証拠はAyeが容疑者と裏付けることはできない)because it is lack any physical evidence. I need objective evidence to establish a hypothesis such as his subordinate’s diary.

• 日本語に訳してください。よろしくお願いします。

顔の特徴が書いてあるみたいなのですが、どなたか訳していただけませんか? 宜しくお願いします。 The mouth is a large one. long, and thin lipped, and slightly smiling or upturned at the outer corner. His lips are pink with a purple or lavender tinge, like pink heather, a cold pink. He has cold breath. As he gets older there will be small pucker lines round the lip edges. His teeth are good, small square, white pegs of teeth. He has a generous smile that spreads across his face. The mouth is slightly one sided, or stiffer on one side but not so much as you'd notice. The chin is narrow, long a rounded off point shaped like an egg cup, it has a fleshiness around the jaw line, not quite a double chin, but when he pupils the chin in there is a slackness of the flesh and more so as he gets older. The cheeks are neither fat nor thin, the features are good, but soft and shapeless rather than sharp or angular. The face is well rounded and smoothed and the complexion fair and bland. There is nothing objectionable or ugly in it, and he retains a youthful quality as he gets older, not many facial lines or furrows tell the time on his flesh. He actually improves with age for the features become just a fraction thinner and the face more expressive. A man who’s handsome face looks intelligent quiescent and idle but a man of depth.