radio silence

My former best friend and I have grown apart over the last s...

cbm51901 さんからの 回答

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• 2018/11/08 00:41
  • 回答No.1
  • ベストアンサー
cbm51901

ベストアンサー率 67% (2658/3918)

"radio silence" 「無線信号を断つ」という意味です。例えば潜水艦が、敵に自らの位置を悟られないように無線を断つことを "maintain radio silence" などと言います。

ここでは「音信不通」という意味合いで使われているのだと思います。
お礼コメント
corta

お礼率 77% (3793/4882)

ご回答ありがとうございます
投稿日時:2018/11/08 02:57
この回答にこう思った!同じようなことあった!感想や体験を書こう!
この回答にはまだコメントがありません。
あなたの思ったこと、知っていることをここにコメントしてみましょう。
関連するQ&A
  • 訳をよろしくお願いします 英語

My “aunt Rhonda,” my mom’s best friend who lives several states away, has recently come out as an avid member of the alt-right movement, along with the rest of her family. This was shocking, considering they seemed to be otherwise for years. considering they seemed to be otherwiseの訳をよろしくお願いします...

• よろしくお願いします 英語

I work for a nonprofit and have developed a close relationship over the years with my (now former) board chairman. He has been a true mentor and a good friend, and we’ve talked about our personal lives to each other. A few years ago his wife died tragically in an accident, but since then he has started dating. There has never been anything other than friendship between us, although I did have a crush on him long ago. At our organization’s annual gala the other night, he got extremely drunk. He was stumbling, going up to women he knows, hugging and kissing them, and caressing backs and hands. galaはfestivalと何か違うのでしょうか?あと、backsは複数の人の背中だから複数形なのでしょうか?(背中は一つなのでa backとしてしまいそうなのですが)よろしくお願いします...

• the best friendとthe best of friends... 英語

ある場面で we are going to be the best of friends. とあったのですが、 we are going to be the best friend. とでは意味は違いますか?あるいはこの言い方は間違いですか? 宜しくお願い致します。...

• どのような意味でしょうか 英語

My boyfriend of nine years landed a great job about a month and half ago following a several-year struggle with switching careers. This should have been a good turning point for both of us, but along with the new job came the realization that he would no longer be working with a woman he’d grown rather close to in his old role. ここでのin his old roleはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします...

• よろしくお願いします 英語

My son's best friend since middle school has been living in my guest room for a couple of months now, since his 18th birthday. His home situation has been very unstable for the past few years since his parents split up, and he bounced around their houses until he turned 18, at which point he began to stay with us because he could no longer tolerate the situation with his parents. He is a really good kid, has a job and does well in school, got into college pretty much on his own, and just needs some stability. His parents know where he is, but do not check on him that I know of. bounced around their housesはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、that I know ofは何にかかっているのでしょうか?前に名詞がないのにこのような形がとれるのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします...

ページ先頭へ