• ベストアンサー
  • 困ってます

よろしくお願いします

My dad (68) and older brother (38) have been in business together for the last 10 years or so, and while business is booming, their relationship took a nosedive within a year or two of opening and has gotten progressively worse. My brother is the hardest working person I know, and he is 99 percent responsible for the success the business has had. He describes my dad as lazy and unmotivated, and they have argument after argument about how little my dad actually works or contributes, all while earning more than everyone else at the company and getting distributions at the end of the year as a part-owner. They signed a contract a couple of years ago that my dad would sell back part of his shares, and then he refused to do so when the time arrived. distributionsとは何のことでしょうか?あと、sell back part of his sharesの意味も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 回答数2
  • 閲覧数76
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.1
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率47% (14684/31217)

1。distributionsとは何のことでしょうか?  (年末の利益の)分配、日本のボーナスのようなものでしょう。株主だから余計に貰っているということだと思います。 2。あと、sell back part of his sharesの意味も教えてください。  (父の)持ち株の一部を売り戻すこと > 持ち株の割合を減らし配当額を減らすこと、要するに仕事をしている息子を筆頭株主にする契約でしょう。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• alternate holidays

My parents have been divorced for 15 years. Dad is remarried; my mother lives alone. My brother and I alternate holidays every year, and this year he was supposed to host our mother. alternate holidaysとはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My mom recently passed away at 91. She had a great life and went peacefully at home in bed during the night. I took charge of her medical care and finances after Dad died 10 years ago. After Mom's funeral, my brother insisted he would move into her house while he remodeled it, which could tie up the house for a year. It made no sense to me. I am Mom's executor, and I felt it was unfair to me and my other brother. When I said no, he got really angry, accused me of many mean, untrue things and announced that he disowned me. I responded that I love him and he will always be my brother, but it was his choice. The pain of losing my mom and my brother has been awful. Now I'm working to sell the house, and he interferes and is mean every step of the way. But I have to move ahead and do my job. I don't respond to anything negative he writes. Have you some advice on how to repair our relationship? tie up the houseはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、Have you some adviceはDo you have some adviceと何か違いはあるのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 教えてください。

家族の紹介文なんですが、おかしいところがあったら教えてください。 There are five in family :my father,mother,older brother,younger brother and me. My mother is a homemaker and home helper . My father is a security guard of the hospital. My older brother is a college student. My younger brother is a high school student. My family are all in good health. My family loves to watch the Yomiuri Giants baseball games together. My family's dream is to go to Hawaii next year.

その他の回答 (1)

• 回答No.2

distributionsとは何のことでしょうか?あと、sell back part of his sharesの意味も教えてください。 それぞれを検索すればいいだけ

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

関連するQ&A

• アポストロフィの用法

He is my brother.はHe's my brother.のように短縮形を使って表現することができますが、Kenji is my brother.のように、主語が代名詞ではなく人名であったりする場合も、Kenji's my brother.のように短縮形を使って表現することができるのか教えてください。

• plyの意味

My 20-year-old brother came out as gay last year; it wasn’t the biggest surprise and it didn’t bother anyone. His current relationship does. My brother is currently dating a man who is five years older than our own mother. He showers my brother with extremely expensive gifts, plies him with alcohol, and has taken him on spur-of-the-moment trips to Las Vegas. plies him with alcoholはどのような意味でしょうか?pliesはplyの複数形(?)ですよね。それらしい意味が辞書にはありませんでした。よろしくお願いします

• 略号??

My 17 year old sister Raine (who is 6'4) and my 14 year old brother Grayson (who is 6'5). I my self am short(5'6')hmph. この文章に出てくるhmphというのが解りません。。 文脈から身長の単位か何かと思ったんですが、どなたか知っている方、教えて下さい。

• 次の英文について教えてください。

英語の質問です。 Meeting people is an important part of business. と言う英文で「an」をつけずに Meeting people is important part of business. と言ったならば意味は通じなくなりますか? 「a」「an」の使い方を忘れてしまったので分からなくなりました。 なぜMeeting people is important part of business.ではなくて Meeting people is an important part of business.なのでしょうか? 教えて頂ければありがたいです。

• よろしくお願いします

My father is 65 years old and in outstanding health. He has a small real estate empire of 30 or so multifamily residential homes. He built the business himself and runs it as a one-man band. He has a small real estate empire of 30 or so multifamily residential homes.の和訳を教えてください。あと、one-man bandはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My 7-year-old stepson has been having a lot of nightmares lately. I know he crawls into his mom’s bed at her house, and when he’s staying with us, he sometimes snuggles with his dad. The other night my husband traveled on business and my stepson asked to sleep in my bed. I felt weird about it and said no, but he could try the floor. He feared monsters would be able to get him down there, so we both spent a sleepless night on the couch. Was I heartless, or can a 7-year-old sleep in bed with his stepmom and not have it be weird? monstersとは何のことでしょうか?あと、get himはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、have it be weirdはどのような意味でしょうか?文法的解説もお願いします。よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My 82-year-old father is doing well for his age but is not as swift and smooth as he used to be. Lately, when we go over for dinner, my dad gets my husband alone and asks him to buy a shotgun for Dad to use for “protection.” go overは「父のところに行く」でしょうか?あと、gets my husband aloneはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• He is なのか It isなのか

Who is that boy?に対して (1)It is my brother. (2)He is my brother. とHeでもItでも使われるようですが、具体的にネイティブは どのような使い分けをしているのでしょうか? ご回答よろしくお願いいたします。

• a picture of Goodyears??

この文の意味が良く分からず困ってます。 As a gift one year, my dad gave my mom a set of four tires, which he unveiled in a card with a picture of Goodyears glued inside (points for presentation, at the very least, Dad). "which"以降からがサッパリ??なのですが・・・どなたか教えて頂けませんか?

• よろしくお願いします

My brother is 30 years old and has a history of making bad choices, including a DUI and probation. After several years adrift, he finally seemed to be getting his act together. He got accepted to graduate school and did well enough that he was offered a teaching position upon graduation. However, I recently found out that my brother was accused of sexual assault by a female undergraduate student. The college rescinded his teaching contract, and basically told him that if he disappeared, no charges would be filed by the institution or the accuser. My brother didn't fight it or get an attorney, he simply packed up and left town. I talked to him about it briefly and he shows no remorse, regret, guilt, or desire to defend his name. In fact, his attitude was cavalier and entitled, as though he was baffled that anyone would make a big deal about it. While I have no proof, his attitude toward the situation makes me fairly confident that my brother is, indeed, a sexual predator of some nature. 1 なぜbad choicesにprobationが含まれているのでしょうか? 2 remorseとregretはなにが違うのでしょうか? 3 his attitude was cavalier and entitledの意味を教えてください。 4 of some natureの意味は何でしょうか? 以上、よろしくお願いします