• ベストアンサー

「配給」と「販売」を英語で

次のような文です。 「その映画のDVDの配給会社はCompany Aだが、販売はCompany Bが行う。」 Company A is the distributor of the movie DVD's, but they will be sold by Company B ・・・というのでは変ですか?変な感じがするんですが・・・。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

この業界の専門ではありませんが、一般的な表現であれば、 配給会社=distributor 販売会社=reseller と言います。

booboo33
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英文記事の英語で分からないところ

英文の記事で分からない箇所があります。 1."A movie distributor, A company, will put out 10 movies a year with 5 aquisitions." 「with 5 aquisitions」が分かりません。一応「映画配給会社A社は年間5本の映画を買収し、10本の映画を公開する。」と和訳しましたが、正しいでしょうか? 2.B company helped A company to assemble $420 million dollars in equity to help finance films like "XXX". 「in equity」をどう和訳していいのか分かりません。 以上、ご回答いただければ幸いです。よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の日本語訳を教えて下さい。

次の英文を日本語に訳せる方、教えて下さい。 (1)To whom is this notice most likely addressed? (A)tailors and seamstresses (B)Anyone who washes clothes (C)Members of the FTC (D)Television viewers (2)What does the notice say is likely to occur? (A)It will take several years to create symbols. (B)The FTC will use the FCC symbols. (C)People will be delighted with the simple codes. (D)Garments will not be washed as they should. (3)What can be said about the new brochure? (A)It is expensive. (B)It is printed by the FCC. (C)It is flashy. (D)It will take several years to be printed. よろしくお願いします。

• 契約書の記載に関しまして

契約書を書いてみたのですが、法律の専門家でもなく英語の契約書の決まりごとにも疎いものですから下のような英文で良いものか否か判然としません。どなたか詳しい方、訂正すべきことや、追加すべきことなどございましたら、教えてください。 Company A and Company B will have a sales agreement for 18 months. For this period, Company B will neither sell its products nor give any agreement to any competing companies who sell or will sell the product to Japan. The sales agreement will be effective from 25th of February in year 2012 to 24th of August in year 2013 for the first period. In return, Company A will try to sell 1000 units of products manufactured by Company B for this period. In case Company A fails to satisfy this agreement, Company B will decide either to continue this agreement or not to. However, after the termination of this agreement, Company A will be able to buy the products so that the users of Company B's products will have service from Company A after their purchase. The penalty for Company A is to lose its exclusive selling right here in Japan. In case Company A satisfies the agreement, this agreement will be automatically extended for another one year and the following years to come in the same way. The penalty for Company B will be determined by the outcome of breach of the agreement by Company B In case a dispute arises and there is no satisfactory result after using every conceivable mean to settle, appealing the court ruling will be done under the jurisdiction of Shibuya Tokyo Japan. If either side of the parties wants to terminate the agreement, a written word should be handed to the other for further discussion and will be settled by mutual consent. Both parties give a signature to express that the aforementioned words are holding us to follow and should be respected by the parties. Company Name: Company B Company Address: Name of CEO Company Name: Company A Company Address: Name of CEO

• not A but Bの構文

中3の英語の教科書からキング牧師のスピーチでの1節です。 I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. ・・・・彼らの肌の色ではなく, 彼らの性格の中身で判断される・・・・のところですが、 not A but Bだとする解説書がありました。 一方、持ってる文法の参考書では、A,Bは語なら語、句なら句とありました。 有名なスピーチの一節だということを考えなければ、受験英文法的には【not】 の位置は下記でしょうか? they will be judged 【not】 by the color of their skin 【but】 by the content of their character.

• 違いを教えて下さい。

1) A: I'm having a party next Saturday. Can you come? B: On Saturday? I'm not sure. Some friends of mine are coming to stay with me next week, but I think ☆they will have left by Saturday. のthe dialogで ☆they will leave by Saturday.でいいような気がするのですが、あえてhave leftにしなきゃならないのは 何故なんでしょうか? 2) A: Will you still be here by the time I get back? B: No, ☆ I will have gone / I will have left ☆ by then. も ☆~☆の部分 I will be gone / will leave でもいいような気がします。あえてhave+P.Pにする訳が知りたいです。  宜しくお願い致します。

• VOAの記事より

英語やり直し組です But ultimately what the decision will be, given the fact current government is a lot closer to Sunni Arab system, and both the Sunni Arabs and Americans want the same thing, they will probably decide on the side of dropping Iran," said Ozal. "But they may want extract a lot of concessions in return." (1)whatについて このwhatは前にit isが省略されている形、という考え方なのでしょうか?どうしても文頭にwhatがくるとそれの動詞を探してしまいますがこの場合 what(the decision will be) given the fact(that) current…のようにwhatに対する動詞がないように見えます。しかしit isでも少し変な気もします。。。。これはどういう風に考えるのでしょうか? (2)But they may want extract a lot of concessions in return.について このextractはto extractではないのでしょうか? 原形不定詞?と呼ばれるものなのかもしれませんが何故そうなるのかよくわかりません。。。 お願いします。。。

• 英語でどう表すか教えてください。

お世話になります。 ラジオなどで出てくる、 「この番組は、10周年を迎えるAカンパニーがお送りいたします」 という文なのですが、 「This program is brought to you by A company.」 が、ベースになると思うのですが、「10周年を迎える」をどう添えたらよいのか、わかりません。 恐れ入りますが、教えてください。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• ナチュラルな英訳お願いします(その46)

英訳宜しくお願い致します。 1斎藤からもらった三島の「憂国」のDVD売っちゃった。高く買い取ると思って。 I sold Mishima's DVD titled"Yukoku"which was given by Saito.I think they would buy a high price. 2 でも、500円だった。定価なんて6000円なのに。  But they bought it only 500yen.In spite of a fixed prie was 6000yen. 3 ブックオフじゃなくオークションにかければよかった。  I sold it Book-off,but I should have sell it an auction. 4 人生そんなもんか。  This is the life,isn't it!! 5 今日は帰ってきたら安い人参買いに行こう、疲れてなかったら。  I'm gonna buy some cheap carrots after work today, if I would not tired. 英訳宜しくお願いします。  

• 英語 問題

各組の文がほぼ同じ意味を表すように、()に適語を補って下さい。 1 They had a good time last night. They enjoyed () last night. 2 I broke his DVD player. That is problem. They problem () () I broke his DVD player. 3 They say that the actor lives in this town. It is () () the actor lives in this town. 4 We know that he loves science fiction movies. He is () () love science fiction movies.

• all media buying orders の意味は?

This is to notify you that A inc. has appointed B company to act as the agency of record and that all media buying orders on behalf of A Inc. shall be executed by B company. 上記で、all media buying orders の部分がよくわからないのです。 短くすれば下記のような文だと思うのですが、どうしてもわかりません。 This is to notify you that all media buying orders shall be executed by B company. A Inc の広告は、B Company がすべて仕切るというようなことだと思うのですが。。 教えていただけたら、幸いです。