• ベストアンサー

cover

I’m a queer man in my early 20s. I’m primarily interested in other men, but I always figured I was a little bit closer to bisexual than gay. I’ve been with a few women and enjoyed it—it wasn’t a cover while I was closeted or anything— it wasn’t a coverはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9723/12095)
回答No.2

>it wasn’t a coverはどのような意味でしょうか? ⇒「それ(女性と一緒にいて楽しんだこと)は見せかけではなかった」。 *cover:「みせかけ、口実、ふり」(「ジーニアス英和大辞典」の名詞3)。 *closet:「引きこもる、閉じこもる」(https://ejje.weblio.jp/content/closetの動詞1)。 ということで、 it wasn’t a cover while I was closetedは、「(女性と一緒に)密室に閉じこもった/しけこんでいた間も、見せかけた(楽しいふりをした)わけではない」といったニュアンスだと思います。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (2)

noname#231624
noname#231624
回答No.3

> it wasn’t a coverはどのような意味でしょうか? 他の方の回答とほぼ同じですが、coverはそのままカバー(覆い)の意味です。 恐らく、closetedの意味の取り方を間違わなければ、すんなりと理解出来るのではと思うのですが、これは動詞ではなく形容詞で、自分の性的指向をカミングアウトしていない人の状態を表す言葉です。 翻訳は不得意ですので、ご自身でお考えいただきたいのですが、全体の意味としては、 ゲイであることをカミングアウトしていない時に、それを隠すために女性と付き合った訳ではなく、女性と付き合っていた時は本当に楽しかった 第二文目の『ゲイというよりバイセクシャルよりだと思う』事の理由が第三文目です。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

• Sabasuki
  • ベストアンサー率50% (2/4)
回答No.1

この場合のcoverは、偽装とかカムフラージュという意味だと思います。 https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=cover

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• I'm so gone. If it wasn't for me?

I'm so gone. If it wasn't for me? 全文:"It's my fault. If it wasn't for me, you never would have met him. Luke wouldn't be in the hospital. I feel like ever since I got here, everybody's lives' just gotten worse. All I was thinking about in that ambulance was - I'm so gone. Back to Chino or worse." if it wasn't for meとI'm so goneとはどういう意味でしょうか

• 英文の邦訳

Mr. Fink declared, recalling the $100 million he blew thanks to failed mortgage trades in 1986. ‘And it was bad. . . . I believed I had figured out the market. But I was wrong because while I wasn’t watching, the world had changed. 上記英文の邦訳を中心とするお願い申し上げます。

• 意味を教えて下さい

I wasn’t as happy as I could have been growing up. I knew at an early age that I was gay, I wasn’t as happy as I could have been growing up.の意味を教えて下さい。よろしくお願いします。

• take the spot of

I am a straight woman who recently moved to the U.S. In order to make friends, I joined a softball team. I found a team that was described as “feminist”; I later found out that it was a lesbian team. (I don’t mean that it is gay-friendly, I mean that it is specifically for lesbians and bisexual women.) I am wondering if I need to tell my teammates that I’m straight. I don’t want to take the spot of an actual gay woman, but I feel like if I leave, I am letting the team down and it could be perceived as homophobic. I like the women on my team, who have all been very friendly to me, but I worry they might be angry that I am taking the spot of a bona fide lesbian or bisexual woman. ここで出てくるtake the spot ofはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• Going well until it wasn'

All was going well, until it wasn'tの意味はなんでしょうか? うまく検索できませんでした。 It wasn't until~ の強調構文に似ていますが、その場合 Everything is going well until I kick a big rock. のように肯定形で使われるようです。

• 関係詞の問題で困っています。

関係詞の問題で困っています。だれかお願いします。 Q(  )に入る適当な語を記号で答えなさい。 1.(  ) surprised me most was a huge rock. (1)That (2)Who (3)Which (4)What 2.He is not (  ) he used to be. (1)which (2)who (3)that (4)what 3.This is the house (  ) Picasso lived as a child. (1)where (2)which (3)in where (4)when 4.This is the house (  ) John bought ten years ago. (1)where (2)which (3)in which (4)when 5.I went to Hong Kong,(  ) as warm as I had expected. (1)when wasn't (2)where it wasn't (3)where wasn't (4)which it wasn't 6.Tom said he was ill,(  ) was a lie. (1)who (2)which (3)that (4)when 7.The man (  ) I thought was a friend of mine turned out to be a stranger. (1)who (2)whose (3)whom (4)of which

• cis gender

I'm a working-class brown queer ciswoman in a predominantly rich white school. とあったのですが、cis genderとはいうのはつまりストレートという理解でいいでしょうか?queerとciswomanは矛盾しているように思えるのですが、どういうことなのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 文章解釈

以下の文章に関する質問です。 And by the time that I finally did have that conversation with my parents, I remember being so shameful, I felt embarrassed, like I was a burden. I remember I didn't want my mum to look at me when I told her. It wasn't until my mum was able to I guess reassure me and tell me everything would be okay and give me a hug. It wasn't until my mum was able to I guess reassure me and tell me everything would be okay and give me a hug.の理解が難しいです。 I guess が挿入されていて、 It wasn't until my mum was able to (I guess)reassure me and tell me everything would be okay and give me a hug. の形であると分かるのですが、 it wasn’t until…をここでどのように理解すれば良いのか分からないです。itはここではなんなのでしょうか? 漠然とした状況のitかな?と考えましたが自信がないです。 「当時は、わたしのお母さんが、わたしを安心させてくれたり、大丈夫だからねと言ってくれたり、ハグしてくれたりできるところまでではなかったように思います。」

• 日本語に直してください。|ω・`)

日本語に直してください。|ω・`) (1)I wonder if it will rain tomorrow. (2)Many tourists visit Osaka , which is a busy city in Japan. (3)The bed l slept in wasn’t very comfortable. (4)As far as I’m concerned , it doesn’t matter what happens to them. (5)There is not much hope that these dogs are still alive. (6)While I was listening to music , the telephone rang suddenly. (7)Put the milk in the refrigerator so that it won’t spoil. (8)Dark as it was , the group managed to find its way to the hut.

• この翻訳は正解ですか?

it was a small joke. Sorry if my dumb humor wasn't funny... That I if you understood it. これはジョークでした。 ごめんなさい。私にユーモアがなくて。 あなたもそれを理解しているね。 よろしくお願いします。