• ベストアンサー

if only

When I finally do get down to business, I consider myself to be fairly hardworking, if only for the shortest amount of time possible. if only for the shortest amount of time possibleの訳をよろしくおねがいします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4131/5367)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.3

if only と only if"の違い: If only ーー「でさえあれば」(仮定法) only if ーー「・・・でありさえすれば」 (仮定法ではなく限定的な条件を表す) http://sureyoucan.seesaa.net/article/359241432.html

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (2)

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9728/12102)
回答No.2

>if only for the shortest amount of time possibleの訳をよろしくおねがいします ⇒「たとえどんなに短い時間(の就労)であっても」。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

回答No.1

(それが)なるたけ短い期間でありさえすれば、

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• If only.

Alyce Collins: Hi, Pat. How are you on this lovely Monday morning, full of vim and vigor? Ready to meet the challenges of what's looking to be a very busy week? Pat MacMillan: If only. If only.は「そうだといいんだが。」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• if only節内の文章の繋がりについて

添付ファイル文章の for so often, so often I remember how he used to run to me and shout and laugh, if only I could hear his little feet I should know him! についてです。 if only I could hear his little feet (and ) I should know him! と、 and やカンマがあれば理解できるのですが、これはそういったものがなく、 どうしてなのか理解できないです。 解説お願いします。

• if only prayの訳しかたをご教示ください

Time誌(Jan. 26, 2015, P. 2)の投書欄(Conversation)の左から3つ目の縦列に次の英文が掲載されています。Time誌がPerson of the YearにThe Ebola Fightersを選んだことを称賛する文面の最後です。  TIME's coverage is thorough and thoughtful and makes us all want to try to do whatever we can to help, if only pray.  よろしくお願い申し上げます。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

英作文の添削です 誤字訂正箇所や採点を100点基準でお願いします。 ちなみに仮定法をつかっているのは指定条件下にあるので気にしないで下さい…m(__)m If I became a worker , I woul d live in my home by myself, because to live with only myself is a variety of merits. Of course, with my family I can save a lot of money : in fact It costs a lo t of money to live by myself . However,with by myself I would be free to use the time for myself such as shopping ,reading .,relaxing...and so on. I would also can independent of my family and grow as human . For example, I would try to make some food and manage to get earnings . On the other hand, I would freely can't use the time if I lived with my family, because my parents worry about me when I be in out till being late at night. Therefore, I suggest that I choose to live with only myself. この質問を補足する

• よろしくお願いします

I recently moved to college in a lively student town and have for the first time found myself receiving a generous helping of male attention from a number of fairly decent fellows. a generous helping of male attentioはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、haveの後にfor the first timeが来ていますが、どこにでもfor the first timeを置けるという訳ではないですよね?何か決まりはあるのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• only if...or if..の構造

defendant may be found not guilty by reason of insanity only if he was so severely disturbed at the time of his act that he did not know what he was doing, or if he did know what he was doing, did not know that it was wrong. 被告は有罪ではないと見出すだろう、精神障害という理由によって、自分が何をしているかわからないという彼の行為の際に、彼がひどく困惑する場合に限り…または、自分が何をしているか知っているときや、それが間違っていると知らないときに限り… or if~が、どういう繋がりになってるかいまいちわかりません。 構造は下記のような形だと思います。 defendant may be found not guilty by reason of insanity 【only if he was so severely disturbed at the time of his act that he did not know what he was doing】, or【if he (did know what he was doing), (did not know that it was wrong).】 only if~で、~の場合に限り、と条件付けが始まっていますが、 自分が何をしているかわからないという彼の行為の際に、彼がひどく困惑する場合に限り or 自分が何をしているか知っているとき、それが間違っていると知らないときに限り と訳すのでしょうか?文脈的に不適切な気がします。

• このifの使い方

The team wanted to give the boy an experience of a lifetime and make him forget his health if only for a little while.このifは「~だけれど」で良いでしょうか?athoughやalbeitと置き換えられますか?よろしくお願いします

• 英作の添削お願いします

Do you think you should force yourself to smile even when you feel unhappy? Why why not? Write a passage of 5 sentences in English explaining your answer. に対する私の英作です。 I think I should force myself to smile even when I feel unhappy. It is not good that we feel unhappy for a long time. We need to change unhappy into happy. I belive the action can control feeling. If I force myself to smile, I will become feel happy. 宜しくお願いします(>_<)

• not only ---

I want you to not only helping me but also cooking dinner for me. toの後どうしてherpingとしてるのかが良くわかりません。 I like not only to play the piano but also play the guiter.というのは、あってるのでしょうか?

• if構文について

if 構文の使い方に悩まされています。基本的な文法は一応知っているつもりなんですが、いざ使ってみる(特にmix condition)といろいろと迷ってしまいます。 condition 0 when (if) i get to Japane, i go shopping condition1 if it rains tomorrow, i will stay at home condition2 if i were you, i would breake up with your girlfriend condition3 if i had have a lot of money, i would not have work hard. mix condition if i had been bone in America, i would be able to speak Eng like netives. if がwhenに置き換えられる時は"will"は必要ないと教わりましたが、when i get to japan, i will go shoppingというふにwillを使うことはできないのでしょうか?またif it rains, I would stay at homeとか、if i had been bone in America, i would be able to speak Eng like netivesも"i would be able to speak Eng like netives"の部分をi would have been able to speak ...と置き換えてもいいんでしょうか?また、このif 構文のうまい理解の仕方はありますか?if の持つニュアンスが掴めればいいのですが,,,