• ベストアンサー

If only.

Alyce Collins: Hi, Pat. How are you on this lovely Monday morning, full of vim and vigor? Ready to meet the challenges of what's looking to be a very busy week? Pat MacMillan: If only. If only.は「そうだといいんだが。」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4078/5306)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15294/33013)
回答No.1

If only.は「そうだといいんだが。」でしょうか? おっしゃる通りです。  If only I am full of vim and vigor. の略です。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• if only

When I finally do get down to business, I consider myself to be fairly hardworking, if only for the shortest amount of time possible. if only for the shortest amount of time possibleの訳をよろしくおねがいします

• if only prayの訳しかたをご教示ください

Time誌(Jan. 26, 2015, P. 2)の投書欄(Conversation)の左から3つ目の縦列に次の英文が掲載されています。Time誌がPerson of the YearにThe Ebola Fightersを選んだことを称賛する文面の最後です。  TIME's coverage is thorough and thoughtful and makes us all want to try to do whatever we can to help, if only pray.  よろしくお願い申し上げます。

• このifの使い方

The team wanted to give the boy an experience of a lifetime and make him forget his health if only for a little while.このifは「~だけれど」で良いでしょうか?athoughやalbeitと置き換えられますか?よろしくお願いします

• ーときくらい の表現の英語

「彼が図書館に行くとすれば、友達に会いにいくときくらい」という文の ーときくらいという表現をうまく英語でつくりたいのですが、 自分では、if he goes to library ,that is only to meet his friendsという文しかつくれません。助けをおねがいします。

• 英文を作ったんですが変ですか?

Do you belong to a club? Yes I do which club do you belong to? I belong to the archery club Are you going to archery club tomorrow? No Im going to shopping How of ten does your club meet ? it meets five times a week when does it meet? it meet on monday tuesday wednesday thursday and Friday at 4:00

• 英語が分かる方お願いします。

英語が分かる方、よろしければ教えて下さい。 私は全く英語が分かりません。しかし、ちょっとしたトラブルがあり困っています。どうかお力をお貸し願えないでしょうか… あなたと話したいの。二人で。 もし良かったら会えない? あなたは、私に会いたくない?イヤ? イヤなら無理にとは言わないので連絡下さい。 Can i talk to you please ? You and me two only If you like can you meet ? You meet to me disgusting ? If you impossible it's ok If you like email please これで何となく伝わるでしょうか? 何分英語が全く出来ません、分からないもので困っています(泣) 英語が分かる方教えて下さい。お願いします。

• 数学に関する英文

If X is a set and if ζ is a family of subsets of X that is closed under complementation, then X belongs to ζ if and only if Φ belongs to ζ. という文章の後半部分のif and only if あたりの構造がよくわかりません。if and only if というのは熟語ですか? 前半部分のみ、訳してみました。意味不明になってしまいましたが。 もしXが一つの集合であり、そしてもしζが補集合のもとに閉じているXの部分集合のひとつの集合族であるのであれば、、、

• What's not to like about sth?の意味?

What's not to like about sth?の文章によく行き当たるのですが意味が良く分かりません。 http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,21132-1857888,00.htmlにも同様な文書が載っています。 What's not to like about Islam if you're the Prince of Wales カナダ人の方に読んでもらいましたがはっきりした意味は分からないと言われました。 私の想像ですがプリンスチャールスはイスラム教徒と同じものだと言っているのでしょうか? 教えてください。よろしくお願いします。

• If it is to get any easierの意味を教えて下さい

英国の階級社会を批判する文章の結論部分です。 Social mobility matters because it is the small gesture we make towards fairness. If it is to get any easier, politicians must be more honest about what’s needed to move from one class to another, and they have to create pathways to achieve it. Without that, their constant talk of aspiration will be meaningless, because all we’ll be left with is the entrenchment of privilege. この中の「If it is to get any easier」はどういう意味か教えて頂けませんか。

• 困ってます!!教えてください!!(デートの約束)

友達がアメリカから泊まりにきていて、2週間ほど会っていなかった彼からメールがきました。 「会える日が決まったら連絡頂戴」の返事がこれ↓なんですが、 正確に訳せません(涙) よろしくお願いします。 i am going to a bbq at a friends house tonite, if you have a couple of really pretty friends to bring along we'd be happy to have you all over-- if not--- can we meet on monday night? I have my last friends coming to town on tues for a week then I'm free for a while thank god!