What is a collective action problem?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • A collective action problem is a special subset of coordination problems, where people prefer to have others pay for what they get.
  • Collective action problems arise because people seek to benefit without bearing the cost.
  • In Japanese, collective action problems can be translated as '共同問題' which refers to a special subset of coordination problems.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文についての質問

What is a collective action problem? という問題があり Collective action problems are a special subset of coordination problems, and they exist because people like to get things for free, or more precisely (because everything has a cost, to somebody) they like to have others pay for what they get. ここが回答部分かな?と思ったのですが、回答としては初めの一文の Collective action problems are a special subset of coordination problems. でいいでしょうか? あとこの文を日本語に訳すとしたら「共同問題とは、調整問題の特別な集合体のこと」でいいでしょうか? そもそも答え自体が、おかしいということであれば、そう指摘していただければと思います。(質問に対する回答には文章が成り立っていない、など) ややこしいですがよろしくお願いします。

• wxw
  • お礼率89% (1045/1166)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9727/12099)
回答No.1

以下のとおりお答えします。 回答としては、むしろ「回答部分」として目をつけた文の後半部分だと思います。 >Collective action problems are a special subset of coordination problems.でいいでしょうか? ⇒というより、次のように言う方がいいでしょう。 Collective action problems are (in the fact) that people like to have others pay for what they get. >あとこの文を日本語に訳すとしたら「共同問題とは、調整問題の特別な集合体のこと」でいいでしょうか? ⇒ちょっと勘違いがあると思います。訳はこうなります。 「集団行動の問題は、人々が自分のものとして手に入れるものの代価を他人に払ってもらいたがることである(という事実にある)。」

wxw
質問者

お礼

回答が早くて助かりました! そういうことだったのですね!納得できました。 ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 英文を訳してください

Collective action problems are a special subset of coordination problems, and they exist because people like to get things for free, or more precisely (because everything has a cost, to somebody) they like to have others pay for what they get. It’s not enough just to get everyone to agree that paving the road, or draining the meadow, or fighting a revolutionary war are things they want; we also have to get enough people to actually contribute the money or effort it takes to accomplish our goal. 少し長いのですが、「Collective problem(集産主義問題)はcoordinate problem(調整問題)の一部です。」(subsetがここではどういう訳になるのかわかりません) 「そしてそれらは存在している。なぜならみんな無料で手に入れたい、もしくはもっと正確にするか。彼らが欲しいものを他の人が支払うことを好む」(訳して見たものの、意味がわからず…訳し方がわかりません) 「道路を舗装したり、草原を排水したり、革命的な戦争をすることは、彼らが望むものであるが、同意するだけでは不十分だ。私たちは目標を達成するために金額や努力が必要であり、実際に貢献するために十分な人々を雇う必要もあります。」 こちらはなんとなくわかるのですが、内容がいまいちつかめません。 わかる方、わかりやすく訳して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文についての質問

What makes coordination difficult? 政治についての話の中で、このような質問があったのですが それに該当する一文を探しました。 Coordination problems occur when we want something that we can’t achieve on our own, so we have to get help from others to achieve it. Coordination problems are political problems, as the success or failure to solve them affects who gets what and when, but they can be solved in a variety of ways. 恐らくこのあたりかな~と思うのですが、 回答は、「It become difficult when we want something that we can't achieve on our own」などでいいでしょうか? ・もし的外れな回答でしたら、回答になっていないと教えて欲しいです。 ・内容がつかめているようであれば、この回答で問題ないか添削して欲しいです。 ややこしいですがよろしくお願いします。 でいいでしょうか?

• この英文はどう訳すといいですか?

この英文はどう訳すといいですか? うまく訳せなくて(^^;; アメリカのペンフレンドと恋バナしてた時の文です。 よろしくお願いします。 I would like to say yes and choose you, but it's hard to say yes to someone you never get to see. If we meet each other one day, we'll see what happens because online and in person are always two different things! I really did mean what I said though! You would make a suitable boyfriend!

• なぜthey all areなのか・・・

I like your family because ( ) very kind to me. で 選択肢 が families are / a family is / they all are / all you are とあります。  I like your family because all you are very kind to me. 「私は、あなたの家族が好きです。というのもあなたたちは、皆 とても私に優しくしてくれるから。」  としてもいいんじゃないのか?  と 思っています。 they all are が解答にあるのですが、 それもアリだとは思いますが、これもはずれでは、ないと思っています。 ご意見をください。 宜しくお願いいたします

• 文法構造と意味がわかりません

I'm a writer, I can float for hours on a word like "amethyst" or "broom" or the way so many words sound like what they are: "earth" so firm and basic, "air" so light, like a breath. この文なんですが、"the way so many words sound like what they are"の部分の文法構造と意味がわかりません。 "the way"は「~のように」、"what they are"は"what he used to be"のような「~であるところの・・・」という意味だと思いますが、このtheyは・・・wordsでしょうか?どちらにしろ文としての意味がわかりません。 the way, like, whatのような単語が並ぶとわけがわからなくなってしまいます・・・お力を貸していただけませんでしょうか。

• この英文日本語訳してください

I gotta give it to the Japanese! The American comedians have to study and learn from these dudes because they are the veterans in this business and are very different than the other younger comedians, even the musicians become big whenever they get back-slapped by Hamada. They must have a  lot of respect for them as comedians and doing music shows, plus other things. I said that you obviously know what kind of shows I was referring to, because I already mentioned which ones I disliked, dumbshit. The ones with drunk, low IQ teenagers making out in  bathtubs. And I didn't say reality tv had to be shitty, just the ones we get in tv in the western world. except that i dont watch shows like that? what a stupid assumption that was to make. and then you act like IM the stupid one. lol. the fact is if you watch shows like this, you are much closer to watching reality tv than  i am. so think before you speak. This is Batsu game. It means punishment game for loosing some match or game. He doesn't get anything from this. Prior this there  was swimming match between him and the other four guys and he lost. 宜しくお願いします

• 英文の構造を教えてください

They only care whether they are copied or not, not what happens to the copier. この文章は、They only care whether they are copied or not, not care what happens to the copier. とcare が、省略された文章ですか?

• 英文の翻訳をお願いします。

As Hume’s example indicates, in small enough groups they may be solved by bringing everyone affected to an understanding of what they need to do, an approach we can call self-governance (as distinguished from government). このような文章があるのですが、「Humeの例が示すように、小さいグループでは影響を受けるすべての人に、何をしなければならないことかを理解することで、解決できるかもしれない。このようなことは(政府とは区別して)自治と呼ぶことが出来る。」 みたいな訳になるのでしょうか? ちなみにCoordination problemsについて話です。 きちんと一語ずつ訳していただかなくても大丈夫です。 こういうことが言われている、と日本語で理解できればいいので簡単で結構です。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文についての質問

またまた政治についての質問ですみません。 In short, Lasswell’s definition covers both political coercion and political cooperation. Just as importantly, it is not limited to activity in what we normally call politics; i.e., voting and government, but covers the broad range of political behavior of which voting and government are just a subset. このような文章があり Is politics just about voting, elections, and government? という質問があったのですが… つまり上で言われていることは「ラスウェルの定義とは、弾圧政治と政治的協力の両方を対象としている。 同様に重要なのは、それは私たちが政治と呼ぶ活動は限定されるものではない。投票と政府は広範な政治行動をカバーしているが、投票と政府は単なる部分集合にすぎない。」ということでしょうか? 内容はつかめていると仮定し(間違っていたらごめんなさい)、回答としては Voting and government are just a substract, but they cover a broad range of politics. ⇨投票や政府は政治の一部分にすぎないが、それらは広範囲でカバーしている。 という回答でいいでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• 下の英文のおかしいところ、不自然なところがあればおしえてください。(改

下の英文のおかしいところ、不自然なところがあればおしえてください。(改行がおおいですがわかりやすくしてあるだけなので、きにしないでください。) Some students are looking forward to a new school year because they can get a new boyfriend or girlfriend, and others are looking forward to it because it is the start of the football season. But there are some students who don't hope for school to start again. It's because they think of a boring class or a class with a lot of homework. How about you?Are you hoping for school to start again after summer is over? To my surprize and still now what I'm surprized at is that the atmosphere varies greatly from class to class in Japan. This doesn't mean there is no difference between classes in America. The only thing is, the difference is not so much. In Japan there are some classes where it's so quiet and nobody trys to express his opinion, and other classes where it's noisy and many students speak as they like. Of course most classes belong to the middle of these, that is, it consists of a few students who speak nothing and a few who always speak their minds and most other students who sometimes speak and sometimes keep silent.