和訳 to...to

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 言い換えれば、認識された権力と対立せず、予め決まっている犯罪者を支持すること
  • 権力の意見や行動には挑戦せず、予め定められた犯罪者に味方する
  • 警察や検察の権威を否定せず、あらかじめ設定された犯罪者に肩入れすること
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

和訳 to...to

和訳はあっているでしょうか?添削をお願いいたします(外国人です) In other words, to avoid the confrontation of going against perceived authority(police/prosecutors), whose opinion/actions (honor) should not be challenged to side with a "predetermined” criminal. 言い換えれば、認識された権力(警察、検察)と対立し、向かい合うことを避けるためには、「あらかじめ定められた」犯罪者を支持するために、権力の意見/行動 (名誉)に挑戦してはならないのである。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9728/12102)
回答No.1

>In other words, to avoid the confrontation of going against perceived authority(police/prosecutors), whose opinion/actions (honor) should not be challenged to side with a "predetermined” criminal. >言い換えれば、認識された権力(警察、検察)と対立し、向かい合うことを避けるためには、「あらかじめ定められた」犯罪者を支持するために、権力の意見/行動 (名誉)に挑戦してはならないのである。 *to avoid the confrontation of going against ~「~と対立し、向かい合うことを避けるためには」→。「~との対立/対抗を避けるためには」、または「~と対立/対抗することを避けるためには」とすることをお勧めします。少なくとも、「向かい合う」には「対抗」の意味は含まれませんので、この語句はやめた方がいいです。 *perceived authority (police/prosecutors)「認識された権力(警察、検察)」→「認識/認知されている権力(警察、検察)」。今も認識/認知されているのですから、「されている」の方がいいと思います。 *to side with a "predetermined” criminal「犯罪者を支持するために」→「犯罪者を支持する支持する立場から/立場に立って」。「ために」と「ためには」の連用を避ける。 ⇒言い換えれば、認識/認知されている権力(警察、検察)との対立/対抗を避けるためには〔または、~と対立/対抗することを避けるためには〕、「あらかじめ定められた」犯罪者を支持する支持する立場から/立場に立って権力の意見/行動(名誉)に挑戦してはならないのである。

happy0240
質問者

お礼

This is awesome, thank you very kindly !! :o)

関連するQ&A

• 和訳がどうしてもわかりません

英文の和訳お願いします!!! Not even the best of schools can educate a child whose will to work has not first been learnt at home. Not even the best of health services can make up for the damage done to a child by a mother's bad care. There are millions of people who prefer the company of animals to people,which is understandable,because animals are far less demanding. When we talk of the cleverness of insects,we ought always to keep in mind that this cleverness is what is called instinctive,and differs considerably from the cleverness of which man is so proud. Perhaps one of the reasons we all have so much difficulty in defining and explaining words is that we continue to think of the dictionary as the final authority about them.

• 添削お願いします

Japanese police fight back against criminal by using martial arts skills such as judo and kendo, and they more spend their time to practice these skills than practice gun. According to BBC news, gunfire by police was only six shot in 2015. 「日本の警察は柔道や剣道などの武道のスキルを使って犯罪者と応戦し、銃の練習よりもこうした技量の習得に時間をかけている。BBCによると、2015年の警官による発砲はわずか6弾であった。」 *武道をmartial artsと訳しました。 こちらの英文を添削してほしいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 供述書の訳について質問

供述書(Power of Attorney)の和訳の質問です。 以下の英文はその下の和訳でいいですか?単語訳や文章訳、他に修正したほうがいいところなどあれば教えてください。 A社 shall obtain the cancellation or assignment of any trademark, service mark, certification mark, collective mark or patent and for these purposes to inform others of rights which we may have, including the power to appear on our behalf at government offices or elsewhere, to file oppositions, counterstatements and appeals to, lodge or withdraw complaints with the police and any government authority, to join with the public prosecution authorities as plaintiff in legal proceedings, to institute, conduct and defend against criminal and civil proceedings in courts, to demand and sue for damages, to appeal, petition, withdraw, request case retrial, compromise, and settle all such proceedings. 訳:A社は商標、サービスマーク、認証マーク、団体マークあるいは特許の取り消しや譲渡を行い、またそのために、行政機構や他の場所に弊社代理として出向く権限、異議、反駁、控訴を申し立てる権限、警察および行政当局と共に苦情の申し立てあるいは撤回を行う権限、訴訟において原告として控訴当局に加わる権限、裁判所で刑事訴訟と民事訴訟を起こし、実施し、弁護する権限、損害賠償を求める権限、再審を請求、撤回、要求し、当該の訴訟を譲歩、解決する権限を含む弊社が持つ権利を他の者に伝える。

• 和訳が難しくて出来ないので、出来る人お願いします。

Though their numbers have dwindled since the Soviet collapse, the government is working to revive the druzhiniki in part to help law enforcement agencies combat what officials fear will be a spike in crime and public disorder amid the growing unemployment and rising prices of the economic crisis. A group of lawmakers in Russia’s Parliament is pushing legislation that could enhance the authority of existing volunteer patrols. Today, these volunteer groups appear little different from the civilian neighborhood watch organizations found in many countries. But in Russia they offer a rare example of volunteerism in a society that remains largely skeptical of civic groups after years of forced social activism in the Soviet Union, though some fear a return to the days of civilian informers. But the groups’ proponents dismiss such fears. “When it comes to protecting children and driving teenaged hooligans from the playground, people will come together,” said Vasily I. Solmin, a former submariner in Russia’s Pacific Fleet, who now heads a group of druzhiniki in Moscow. Druzhiniki all but disappeared after the Russian government withdrew its support with the collapse of the Soviet Union, but re-emerged in force in Moscow following terrorist attacks on two apartment buildings that killed hundreds in 1999, said Irina Svyatenko, a Moscow City Parliament member. “At that time, people just decided to start patrolling their neighborhoods,” she said. “They did not ask anyone for permission, and there was no government initiative. People just decided that this was needed.” There are now as many as 17,000 volunteers in Moscow and units in more than 40 other regions of Russia, said Vyacheslav I. Kharlamov, an assistant to the chief of the Moscow druzhiniki. In the capital, volunteers help the police with crowd control at major public events like concerts, sporting events, festivals and protests. A favorite among the druzhiniki is working the annual Fourth of July reception put on by the American Embassy. “They even feed us and sometimes give us a bottle of beer,” Mr. Kazerzin said. In Soviet days, he said, they could detain people on misdemeanor charges and write traffic tickets, and they were compensated if injured while on patrol. For the most part, today’s druzhiniki get little outside of free public transportation and the red armband. “We should be working on those issues that the police simply don’t have time for, like small street crimes and crime prevention,” Mr. Kharlamov said. The new legislation, which will probably come up for hearings in Russia’s Parliament this spring, would institute the druzhiniki on a federal level and allow them to impose fines for failure to obey their orders and provide compensation for injuries suffered while on patrol. Legislators have even debated the possibility of allowing the volunteers to carry weapons like batons or stun guns. “We are now giving society a chance through this structure to fight against crime, help protect public order and, most importantly, to guarantee security in one’s own backyard,” said Vladimir A. Vasilyev, the head of the Security Committee in Russia’s Parliament.

• 翻訳お願いします。

翻訳お願いします。 ANTWERP, Belgium ー Sacha van Loo, 36, is not a typical cop. He carries a white cane instead a gun. And from the sound of an engine on a wiretap, he can discern whether a suspect is driving a Peugeot, a Honda or a Mercedes. Van Loo is one of Europe's newest weapons in the global fight against terrorism, drug trafficking and organized crime: a blind Sherlock Holmes, whose disability allows him to spot clues sighted detectives don't see. "Being blind has forced me to develop my other senses, and my power as a detective rests in my ears," he said from his office at the Belgian Federal Police. Van Loo, who has been blind since birth, is one of six blind police officers in a pioneering unit that specializes in transcribing and analyzing wiretap recordings in criminal investigations So acute is his sense of hearing that Paul van Thielen, a director at the Belgia Federal Police, compares his powers of observation to those of a "superhero." When police eavesdrop on a terrorist suspect making a phone call, van Loo can listen to the tones dialed and immediately identify the number. From the sound of a voice echoing off of a wall, he can deduce whether a suspect is speaking from an airport lounge or a crowded restaurant. After the Belgian police recently spent hours struggling to identify a drug smuggler on a faint wiretap recording, they concluded he was Moroccan. Van Loo, who has a "library of accents" in his head, listened and deduced he was Albanian, a fact confirmed after his arrest. "I have had to train my ear to know where I am. It is a matter of survival to cross the street or get on a train," he said. Besides his keenly developed ears, van Loo is also a trained translator who speaks seven languages, including Russian and Arabic a skill that makes him indispensable, since his knowledge of accents can help him differentiate between, say, an Egyptian and a Moroccan suspect. “At first when members of the police heard that blind people were coming to work here, they laughed and told me they were a police force and not a charity," said van Thielen. "But attitudes changed when the blind officers arrived and showed their determination to work hard and be useful." A father of two, van Loo attributes his success to having parents who taught him at an early age to be independent. He recalls that as a young child, his father, a big movie fan, took him to watch movies. His father also taught him to drive a car by putting him on his lap and guiding his hands on the steering wheel. My parents accepted my blindness, which also helped me to accept it," he said. "That they did not avoid risks also helped

• prefer to 和訳お願いします。

Many people prefer to live in the suburbs, to the bafflement of confirmed city dwellers. 多くの人は郊外に住むことを好む。それは都会派にとって当惑だ。 のような意味でいいのでしょうか?自信がありません。よろしくお願いいたします。

• got to(get to)の和訳

とある参考書に Tom and I got to know each other through the Internet. (トムと私はインターネットを通じて知り合いになった。) という英文があったのですが、 この文での"got to"の意味はなんですか? 分かる方教えて下さい。 優しい回答お願いします。

• 日本語訳を!

お願いします (12) The most extreme punishment was death and destruction of the corpse so there would be no entry to the afterlife. Execution was a cheap way of getting rid of criminals. Egyptians were not willing to pay to house and feed lawbreakers. Prisons were used only for those waiting for trial or waiting for their punishment. They were never used as they are today as the punishment. If the punishment was execution, the method was most often impalement on a wooden stake or, less often, burning. The most severe punishments were applied to crimes against the state. It wasn't wise to mess with the king's property―and, technically speaking, everything hn Egypt belonged to the king. The king would not tolerate such a challenge to his authority. The offender was punished not only as an example to others, but also to reaffirm the king's supreme power. (13) Government investigators had the right to arrest and question suspects. If they doubted the testimony of a witness, they had the right to torture him, and the investigators didn't hesitate to do it. Peasants accepted flogging as a part of life. Teachers beat students, overseers beat servants, police beat suspects. Even tax collectors were armed with sticks for beating tax delinquents.

• Doors to Knowledgeの和訳

SEIBIDOのDoors to Knowledgeという英語のテキストの和訳が確認できる方法(ウェブサイトなど)があればぜひ教えてください。よろしくお願いします。

• next toの語句を含んだ和訳

Nature's Way Hiking Shop is located in the Town Shopping Center next to the food court. ネイチャーズ・ウエイ・ハイキングショップは、タウン・ショッピングセンターのフードコートの隣にあります。 上記の英文のnext toは、前に在る語句を修飾する形容詞句と理解しているんですが、そうすると、フードコートの隣のタウン・ショッピングセンターに在ると訳されるべきと思うんですが? 例えば、Can I meet you at the cafe nest to the university bookstore?          大学の書店の隣のカフェで会えるかな? このように訳されると思うんですが? そう考えると 「ネイチャーズ・ウエイ・ハイキングショップは、タウン・ショッピングセンターのフードコートの隣にあります。」を英訳すると Nature's Way Hiking Shop is located next to the food court. in the Town Shopping Center. となると思うんですが? 詳しく解説してくださる方がいれば、よろしくお願いします。