Dealing with an Alcoholic Family Member: Signs and Solutions

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Learn about the signs of alcoholism and how it can affect family dynamics. Discover strategies to handle an alcoholic family member and protect your own well-being.
  • Understand the impact of alcoholism on relationships and the challenges it presents in reaching important family decisions. Find ways to effectively communicate and make collective choices.
  • Explore the complexities of inheriting a deceased parents' home and the added complications when dealing with an alcoholic family member. Get tips on navigating the decision-making process and finding a resolution.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

We have a very large and extraordinarily close family. We are pretty sure that one of the brothers is an alcoholic. We've seen him get in horrific arguments, start fights and belittle his companions when drunk. When he's had too much to drink (usually at night), he likes to write long nasty emails to various people that he feels have wronged him. For several years, we've been trying to reach a collective extended family decision on what to do with our (deceased) parents' home. companionsはfriendsと何か違うのでしょうか?あと、reach a collective extended family decisionの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4118/5352)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9721/12092)
回答No.1

>companionsはfriendsと何か違うのでしょうか?あと、reach a collective extended family decisionの意味を教えてください。 ⇒兄弟の一人がアルコール中毒者なんですね。その人の所業や対応について述べたくだりのようですね。 ☆ companionsはfriendsと何か違うか:companionsは多くの場合「一座、同席の人」を意味します。その中にはfriends「友人」もいるでしょうが、acquaintances「知人」やothers「他人」が含まれることもあり得ます。 ☆ reach a collective extended family decision:「拡大家族(会議)での決定」。夫婦だけでなく、両親、祖父母、子や孫…も含めた家族全体で決めたこと、といったニュアンスです。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• not a moment sooner

I’ve been in a long-distance relationship for a few years now. We met when I lived in his country for work. We see each other about six times a year for a few weeks at a time. While I love him dearly, I’m starting to crumble without having an endgame in sight. I’ve talked to him about this and he’s adamant that he’ll propose when he’s ready and not a moment sooner, that he wants it to be a surprise, et cetera. not a moment soonerはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語の訳について

Over the last few years, we've heard a lot about something called family values. And like many of you, I've struggled to figure out what that means. But since my accident, I've found a definition that seems to make sense. I think it means that we've all family, that we all have to have value. And if that's true, if America really is a family, then we have to recognize that many members of our family are hurting.の文章なのですが自分で訳してみたもののあっているのかがわかりません。英語が得意な人教えてください。 過去2、3年にわたって、我々はたいへん、家族主義的価値観と呼ばれている何かについて聞かされました。そして、あなたの多くの様に、私はそれが何を意味するかわかるのに苦労しました。しかし、私の事故以来、私は意味をなすようである定義を見つけました。私は、それが我々には全ての家族がある、みんなが価値を持たなければならないことを意味すると思います。そして、それが真実ならば、アメリカが本当に家族であるならば、我々は我々の家族の多くのメンバーがつらくなっていると認めなければなりません。

• よろしくお願いします

I got married six months ago. My relationship with my family is at best distant—we don’t have a lot in common and there were several incidents of what I’ve been told most people would call abuse (but I’m not there yet, mentally speaking). My dad is a racist, sexist creep. I’ve managed to get him to tone it down around me enough that I can handle a monthly phone call, but that’s my limit. I really didn’t want him to walk me down the aisle, but by the end of the engagement, I was so burned out on decision-making that I just didn’t have the strength for that conversation, with him or any of my many relatives who would have demanded an explanation. His behavior was horrible. He was so drunk at the rehearsal that I had to hold him up as we walked down the aisle, at best distantとhold him upはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I am a man in my 60s. I'm writing out of concern for my friend. "Will" and I are the same age; in fact, we share a birthday. He and I became well-acquainted in childhood and were very attached to each other. But then, in my early teens, our relationship took on a new and unanticipated aspect. We found that we shared an interest in girls, and as we grew through our teens and into our early 20s, we had many adventures together. When I married, Will was there and always supportive. It wouldn't have been the same without him, and I'm sure my wife would agree. I never minded in the least the interest he showed in her. But now, Will seems to have lost much of his get-up-and-go. He no longer shows much interest in my wife or in any other woman. I've tried to get him to be more spontaneous, telling him stories and showing him pictures that he used to like, but I barely get a rise out of him. I've tried to get himはI've tried getting himではなくそのような形なのはなぜでしょうか?あと、ここでのget a rise out ofはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• コンマとアンドの使い方に関して 

We told him that he must say thank you , that when people present something for him , he must let them know he appreciate it. こういう英文って、コンマのかわりにandを使って We told him that he must say thank you and that when people present something for him , he must let them know he appreciate it. にしてはダメなのでしょうか???

• 書き換え問題

It seems that her family hated him. を主語を He にして始めなさいという問題がありました。答えは、 He seems to have been hated by her family. となります。 この問題をやってどういう意味があるのでしょうか? そんなに大切なことなのでしょうか?

• 意味を教えてください

When my fiancé and I got engaged, it became apparent that he wanted a large wedding with all his friends and family, and I wanted to elope. I agreed to have the large wedding because it was so important to him (the words “devastating my family” were used quite a bit) on the condition that he would handle at least 90 percent of the tasks involved. I have a very demanding job working 60-hour weeks, and I just don’t have the time. It’s now three months to the wedding, and he has barely done anything. The invites are supposed to go out in a less than a week (it’s a destination wedding) and he hasn’t even started stuffing or addressing the envelopes, despite the fact that I’ve reminded him several times. The invites are supposed to go out in a less than a weekとstuffing or addressing the envelopesの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I have been mostly happily married for 13 years. My husband and I get along really well, and I love him very much. That being said, he is not the most affectionate person anymore. We used to cuddle a lot when we were first married and I have told him how much I miss it. He says he doesn’t enjoy it because it’s too hot. He’ll make an effort to snuggle while watching TV sometimes if I ask, but I can tell while we’re doing it that he is counting the minutes until he can stop. snuggleとは具体的にどのようなことでしょうか?あと、while we’re doing it that のthatはどのような役割でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• flew her out

My father began dating four years after my mother passed away from a terrible bout with cancer. He and I have always been close; in fact, I have always considered him to be one of my best friends. But since he started dating he has changed. I just traveled across the country for a family funeral and discovered that he has a new love in his life, and that he flew her out to see all of our extended family. My dying grandmother got to meet her, but I didn't even know her name! flew her outはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、got toはcouldに置き換えられるでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

Q. Decisions: My husband has a major problems making decisions of all kinds and it paralyzes him so that he ends up accomplishing nothing professionally or coming home from the grocery store with eggs and not the lettuce he went to get, etc. I’ve always accepted it as a part of him and I help him when he asks, but now that we’re thinking about kids, I just can’t imagine a life where I’m constantly parenting for two when I don’t have to. He does realize this is a problem and I don’t know how to tell him I wouldn’t want to have children with him like this. What can I do? A: I don’t even understand why you’re married to someone who facing the produce aisle says, “Romaine, red leaf, iceberg—arghh, get me out of here!” facing the produce aisleはどう訳したら良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします