• ベストアンサー

deserving of

I’m not deserving of a relationshipとあったのですが、I’m not deserving ofはI don't deserveと何か違うのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4133/5370)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#229745
noname#229745
回答No.3

I am not deserving of = I don't deserve eg: I am not deserving of such an honor. = I don't deserve such an honor. 意味は全く同じですが、気持ちは違います。 I am not deserving = 謙遜が感じます。 I don't deserve = 直接的な言い方と感じます。*普通の英語! I am not deserving of your love. 謙遜し過ぎます。強調しすぎると感じます。 I don't deserve your love. ←風通な言い方と感じます。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (2)

回答No.2

ing でない deserve の場合、 他動詞的に don't deserve ~となる場合と、 自動詞的に don't deserve of ~と両方あります。 be deserving of ~の場合は自動詞の進行形というより、 deserving で形容詞として、 be fond of ~のような表現と思えばいいです。 形容詞だから、of という前置詞が必ず必要。 他動詞の進行形なら be deserving ~もあり得ますが、 普通には進行形にはならない動詞です。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9731/12105)
回答No.1

>I’m not deserving of a relationshipとあったのですが、I’m not deserving ofはI don't deserveと何か違うのでしょうか? ⇒I’m not deserving of a relationship:「私は今ある関係を持っているが、その関係を持つのに値しない」。 I don't deserve of a relationship:「私は、ある関係を持つのに値しない(今その関係を持っているかどうかについては白紙=言及していない)」。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• must not of

ヨガクラスの後の会話 A "I'm so sore, are you?" B "I'm fine. You must not of stretched properly." Bの言ったmust not ofはmust not haveと同じ意味ですか?

• get a hold of

I live in a different city from my long-term boyfriend, whom I love dearly. This weekend, I had far too much to drink and kissed another guy at a bar. It was a complete stranger—not someone I’m friends with, or attracted to, or anything of the sort. I have no idea what came over me, and I don’t even recognize that behavior. I did a lot of self-reflection, and I’ve decided that I need to get a hold of my drinking—I’m not a big drinker during the week, but occasionally on a weekend night I’ll binge drink. get a hold of my drinkingはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• your malformed sense of

I don't hold your malformed sense of morality against you, but I'm afraid you must pay a fine. こちらの文章の訳を教えてください。よろしくお願いいたします。

• in the pool of

I’m not even that fussed with marriage. Either that man is the right one or he’s not; marriage won’t change a thing about it. I’ve never wanted children, so I also have the benefit of having plenty of time. I joke, although I’m always at least half-serious, that I’ll find a life partner in the pool of divorcées, sometime in my 40s or 50s. ここでのin the pool of の意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• There's a lot of gossip going around ...

NHKラジオ英会話講座より A:There's a lot of gossip going around the office these days. B:I know I can hardly get away from it . I hate gossip. A:I mean good gossip. Not the usual. B:I'm not a gossip. I don't want to hear it. (質問)2つの質問をお願いいたします。 (1)going aroundのgoingは、現在分詞の形容詞的用法ですか?前のgossipを修飾していますね? (2)I'm not a gossip.は「僕は噂は好きじゃないんだ。」と訳されています。単純に考えると「僕はゴシップではない。」となります。不定冠詞に「ゴシップをする人」のような使い方があるのでしょうか?また同様な例があれば幾つか教えて下さい。以上

• これでよいでしょうか?

・突然、関係を終わらせる為に覚えのない事を書いて来て、私は時々怒りが込み上げます。これってずるいよ。 Suddenly、you wrote to finished our relationship which I don't know. Sometimes, I feel wave of anger.It's not fair. 覚えのない事はi don't knowでよいですか?

• 区切りの使い方 何故ofなのか?

I don't mean to say that I know, of my own knowledge, what there is particularly dead about a door-nail. 上記、, of my own knowledge, のofの使い方?と”, ,の使い方が分からないので教えてください よろしくお願いします

• 映画の英会話で・・・

いつもお世話になっています。 英語のことで質問です。 ある映画で A「Don't even think you are not going]「まさか行かない気じゃあないわよね?」 B[I’m not]「まさか」 という会話がありました。なんでI'm notなんでしょう?? I DON't ではないのでしょうか??

• [....OUT OF IT]て何 ?

NHK英会話講座より I WANT A PARTY, BUT I DON'T WANT TO MAKE A BIG THING OUT OF IT. パーティーはしたいけど、大げさにしたくない。 とありますが、OUT OF IT がなくても十分意味は通じると思うのですが、どう解釈(訳)したらよろしいのでしょうか?また同様の例文をお願いできれば有難いのですが、宜しくお願いいたします。以上

• 急望です、英文の翻訳お願いします

エキサイト翻訳などでやるとどうしてもおかしくなってしまうので、どなたか翻訳お願いします DEAR ABBY:I'm in my first year of junior high,and I've been going with this guy for a couple of months. Now he wants a more grown-up relationship, and I'm not ready for it. I don't want to have sex before I'm ready, but I'm afraid if I say no I will lose him. I don't want to lose him, but I don't want to pushed into something I'm not ready for. should I give in and risk losing him? He is very persistent, and I like him a lot. SCARED DEAR SCARED:What a wise(and honest)girl you are. If you have to ask, you're definitely not ready. Any boy who would put a girl in this position is selfish, uncarind immature and a user. Don't worry about "losing" him; tell him you're not ready for that kindof relationship, and if you lose him, consider yourself lucky. DEAR ABBY:I'm writing about that 15-year-old girl signed "Brokenhearted Four Times." She wants to stay a virgin until she's married, but says it's not easy because guys don't want nice girls anymore. I totally agree with you, Abby, when you say it's not trun but maybe she'll believe it if she hears it from a boy. I'm a 19-year-old guy. I'm not a virgin myself, but I never mess with nice girls. When I get married I hope to get someone like her. in. A. IN W. DEAR A.:Just because a girl is not a virgin doesn't necessarily mean she's not "nice." You say you never mess with "nice" girls. Well, every girl was a virgin until some guy came along and changed her no to yes, If a gguy wants a virgin for a wife, he himself should remain one.