中学生英語弁論大会in札幌!成功の秘訣とは?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 8月31日、札幌で開催された中学生の英語弁論大会。17校からの参加となり、各校から2人の代表がスピーチを披露。観客はほとんどが中学生で、スピーチの内容も流暢で感心した。特にネイティブに近い発音でスピーチする生徒が多く、一部は海外経験者だったという。また、29人が3年生であり、残り5人が2年生だった。優勝は逃したが、次の大会への参加も期待される。
  • 8月31日、札幌で開催された中学生の英語弁論大会で、17校からの参加者がスピーチを披露。観客は主に中学生で、スピーチの内容も素晴らしかった。特にネイティブに近い発音でスピーチする生徒が多く、一部は海外経験者だったという。29人が3年生であり、残り5人が2年生だった。優勝は逃したが、次の大会への参加も期待される。
  • 8月31日、札幌で開催された中学生の英語弁論大会が話題になっている。17校からの参加者がスピーチを披露し、特にネイティブに近い発音でスピーチする生徒が多かった。29人が3年生であり、残り5人が2年生だった。優勝は逃したが、次の大会への参加も期待されている。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

和文英訳です。添削を宜しくお願い致します

8月31日、札幌で中学生の英語弁論大会が開催された。 August 31, English speech contest of Junior High school was held in Sapporo. 参加した中学校は17校で、各校から二名の代表がスピーチした。 The junior high schools which participated in the competition were 17 and two representatives gave a speech from each school. 孫がスピーチするのを知って、家内と一緒に観にいった。 My wife and I went to public hall for support as we knew our grand sun would have speech. 観客は大部分が中学生徒たちであり、父兄の観客は非常に少なかった。 The audience were mainly junior high school students and parents and grandparents were very few. 孫のスピーチタイトルは「世界平和への架け橋」だった。 The speech title of my grandson was ”A bridge to the world peace”. 4分近くのスピーチを途切れる事無く、見事に成し遂げた。 He achieved the speech fluently for nearly four minutes. しかし、他の演説も皆流暢だった。 But not only my grandson, almost all speaker accomplished fluently. その上、ネイティブに近い発音でスピーチする生徒が多かった。 There were many students who gave a speech by the pronunciation that was near to a native. 話の内容から判断して、何人かは海外居住の経験がある様だった。 Judging from the contents of their speech, it seems that some of them had experience staying abroad. 34名がスピーチしたが、29名が三年生で残り5名は二年生である。 The total of speaker was 34 students and 29 were 3rd grade at junior night school. The rest 5 was 2nd grade. 孫は入賞できなかったが、まだ二年生である。 My grandson couldn’t get the winning prize. But he is now 2nd grade. 来年の弁論大会にもぜひ参加して貰いたいものである。 I want him to participate in a speech contest of the next year by all means. 以上です。宜しくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 92128bwsd
  • ベストアンサー率58% (2275/3919)
回答No.1

大した知見があるわけではないので僭越ながら趣味レベルで回答させていただきます。 拝見したところ、とても丁寧にわかりやすく書かれていると思います。意味が通らないようなところは一つも無いと思います。後は細かい、冠詞や単語の選択と、どう言う表現を選ぶかという話だけで、いくつかは主語を変えてみるともっと英文ぽくなると感じました。 以下は、あくまでも個人の趣味です。 8月31日、札幌で中学生の英語弁論大会が開催された。 August 31, English speech contest of Junior High school was held in Sapporo. → The English speech contest of junior high schools in Sapporo was held on August 31. 札幌の中学に限定しちゃいましたが違ってたら範囲を変えてください。こうして限定することによって、最初をAではなくThe から始められるので印象が少し強くなります。それから、その後のこともあるので最後にat a puablic hall. と入れておくと良いかも知れません。 参加した中学校は17校で、各校から二名の代表がスピーチした。 The junior high schools which participated in the competition were 17 and two representatives gave a speech from each school. → Seventeen schools participated to the competition and two students representing each school were selected to make speeches. 孫がスピーチするのを知って、家内と一緒に観にいった。 My wife and I went to public hall for support as we knew our grand sun would have speech. → My wife and I went there to attend because we knew our grandson was selected to one of the speakers. supportは応援するですがこのケースだといろいろ面倒を見てサポートするニュアンスが強くなる一方で、cheerup でも無いのでattendにしました。お孫さんの話が出てくるので応援に行ったことは十分通じます。 観客は大部分が中学生徒たちであり、父兄の観客は非常に少なかった。 The audience were mainly junior high school students and parents and grandparents were very few. → Most of the audiences were students of participating junior high schools and there were very few attendees from parents and families of the students. 孫のスピーチタイトルは「世界平和への架け橋」だった。 The speech title of my grandson was ”A bridge to the world peace”. 4分近くのスピーチを途切れる事無く、見事に成し遂げた。 He achieved the speech fluently for nearly four minutes. → He completed all of four minutes speech fluently without any mistake. しかし、他の演説も皆流暢だった。 But not only my grandson, almost all speaker accomplished fluently. → But all other speakers also performed very well. その上、ネイティブに近い発音でスピーチする生徒が多かった。 There were many students who gave a speech by the pronunciation that was near to a native. → There were many students who spoke with excellent pronunciations like native English speakers. 話の内容から判断して、何人かは海外居住の経験がある様だった。 Judging from the contents of their speech, it seems that some of them had experience staying abroad. → Apparently, they seemed to have lived in foreign countries, hearing from what they presented. 34名がスピーチしたが、29名が三年生で残り5名は二年生である。 The total of speaker was 34 students and 29 were 3rd grade at junior night school. The rest 5 was 2nd grade. → Twenty nine out of thirty four speakers were third grade and the rest of five were second grade of junior high. ちょっと細かいのですが、英語圏の場合何故か数字を表すのに数字記号を使わずに単語で書くことが多いです。わかりにくくて不便なのですが。もちろん伝えるという意味では数字を使って構いません。 孫は入賞できなかったが、まだ二年生である。 My grandson couldn’t get the winning prize. But he is now 2nd grade. → My grandson couldn't win any prize. But he is still second grade. 来年の弁論大会にもぜひ参加して貰いたいものである。 I want him to participate in a speech contest of the next year by all means. → I really hope hime to participate the contest next year again. 参考になりましたら幸いです。

myeigo4649
質問者

お礼

>意味が通らないようなところは一つも無いと思います。 >いくつかは主語を変えてみるともっと英文ぽくなると感じました ありがとうございます。自信がつきました。 「英会話サークル」のフリートーキングのトピックとして英訳したのですが、暗記するに当たり、添削して頂きました。Weblioの機械翻訳に頼った文章もあり、自分でも英文らしくないのを暗記したくないと思っていましたので …。 貴重な時間を割いていただきありがとうございました。ご指摘の文で納得しておりますので、このまま暗記させて頂きます。

関連するQ&A

• 和文英訳です。添削を宜しくお願い致します

1.3月8日に国立大学の合格発表があった On March 8, there was an announcement of entrance examination of national university. 2.F君は昨年国内最難関と言われるA大学を受験したが失敗した Last year, my friend A failed the entrance examination of A university which is often referred to as the highest level university in Japan. 時世の一致で、isよりもwasかな? 3.彼の家は経済的に二浪を許す余裕はなかった His family could not afford to give him second failure. 4.それで今年は少しランクの下がるB大学を受験し、合格する事ができた So, this year, he take an entrance exam to B university which is referred to as slightly easier for entrance compared to A university. low level では失礼ですよね 5.いずれにしろ、AもBも日本ではトップクラスの大学だ Anyway, both A&B are top class universities in Japan. 6.たぶん彼は今達成感に浸っている事だろう Probably, I suppose he is now immersed himself in a sense of achievement. 以上です。宜しくお願い致します。

• 和文英訳をお願い致します。

和文英訳をお願い致します。 「あなたの話を聞いて思ったことは、あなたの人生のなかで恋人は居て当たり前なんだと思いました。 結婚前ならともかく結婚後も同じなんだな、と。 あなたの人生にとって私の存在は、その多数の恋人の中の一人なんだろうけど、私はあなたのことが純粋に好きでした。 あなたと私はやはり考え方が違うんだと実感しました。 だからあなたに対して戸惑う態度をしてしまいました。 私も貴方がいつまでも健康で平和でそして幸せであるように祈っています。」 I thought that the lover was and was natural in your life of the desire of your story because of hearing. Be not to the same after it marries at any rate if it is premarital. I purely liked you though my existence might be the one of many in the lover for your life. You and I actually felt that the idea was still different. Therefore, the attitude to be puzzled to you has been done. I also am praying that you are healthy indefinitely, peaceful, and happy. と和文英訳のエキサイトで出ましたがどうも違うように思います。 違うところを直していただきたいです。 よろしくお願い致します。

• 和文英訳です。添削を宜しくお願い致します

1.最近、認知症に関する話題が多い Recently, there are many topics on dementia. 2.3月初旬、最も関心を集めたのはのは、列車事故に関する最高裁判所の判断である Early in this March, one of most drawing attention from people was Top Court judgement on rail way accident. 3.約10年前、愛知県に住む認知症の男性が列車にはねられて死亡した Almost 10 years ago, an Aichi Prefecture man was hit and killed by a train. He was suffering from dementia when he killed by a train. 4.事故の為に、JR東海に損害が生じ、約720万円の損害賠償を遺族に求めた Due to accident, railway company suffered about 7million yen. So company demanded his wife and eldest son the suffered money. 5.しかし、最高裁が請求を棄却した The Supreme Court rejected the demand. 6.今回のケースでは、この男性の妻も高齢者で、息子は同居していなかったからである In this particular case, his wife was also elderly and his son was not living with him. 7.この最高裁判決は、認知症高齢者を介護する家族らの不安を和らげた This judgment made many families who take care of elderly patients suffering from dementia lessen their worry. 8.しかし損害に対し、だれが責任を負うのかは明らかでない But it is not clear who should bear the responsibility for an accident. 9.現在日本には520万人の認知症高齢者がいる The number of elderly dementia patients is now total 5.2 million. 10.2025年には推計700万人に増加する It is expected to increase to 7 million by 2025. 11.今回のような事故が頻発する恐れがある Accidents similar may occur frequently in the future. 12. だれが損害賠償金をはらうのか  新しい保険制度が望まれる Who should pay the suffered money for an accident. New insurance systems is anxious to come out. 以上、宜しくお願い致します。

• 和文英訳の添削を一題お願いします。

自信がないので、誤りがあればご指摘お願いします。 ↓ 私が昨日会った4人の中学生のうち3人が、数学は得意ではないが英語は得意だと言った。 Three out of four junior high school students who I met yesterday said that they were not good at math but good at English.

• 緊急!!英訳の添削をしてください。助けてください。お願いします。

緊急!!英訳の添削をしてください。助けてください。お願いします。 私が今までに下した大きな決断は、短大から大学へ編入学したことです。 私は短大の授業で、「食」の栄養や調理性など食の重要性に関する知識を学ぶ中で、この先、人にとって重要な「食」を栄養・生理学的な観点から知識を深め、「食」の可能性を追求し、食を通じて多くの人に貢献したいと思いました。その思いから、短大卒業後の進路は、食品業界への就職、大学への編入学という3つの選択肢を考えました。私はその中で、分野が異なる他大学への編入学を志望しました。その理由は、その大学には「食」の可能性を追求できる研究室が存在していたからです。しかし、分野が異なる大学に編入学することは大きな決断であり、短大で学んだ知識だけでは足りないこと、編入学後は単位面でかなり苦労することなど色々不安もありましたが、粘り強く努力し、志を変えず最後までやり遂げた結果、合格することができました。 The big decision that I gave so far is that I have transfered from the junior college to the university. I thought that I pursued possibility of "the food" by what could deepen knowledge of important food for person from a poin of view nourishment and physiology in future and wanted to contribute to many people through food through I learned knowledge about the importance of the food such as nourishment and cooking characteristics of "the food" in the class of the junior college. In that case, I thought two choise, securing employment to the food industry and transfer admission to the other university. And I wished to be transfer admission to the university in different field. The reason is because there was the laboratory which can pursue possibility of "the food" at the university. However, that transfer admission to the university in different field was big decision and there were various uneasiness, the thing I was based on lack of knowledge that I had learnt at the junior colledge and the thing I had a hard time taking a unit after transfer admission, and I made tried hard and followed out without changing aim and passed the university.

• 英文を和文にしてください。

A captured order showed that the French were making a maximum effort to break through; a regiment of the 117th Division was made available to the 6th Army as a precaution and part of the 58th Division was moved closer to the 28th Division on the Lorette Spur. On 11 May, Rupprecht was ordered by Falkenhayn not to retire under any circumstances, with the discretion to achieve this by attack or defence and replied that a counter-attack was not feasible. Next day, two regiments of the 117th Division were added to I Bavarian Reserve Corps to protect Neuville and reinforcements arriving to re-establish the OHL reserve behind the 6th Army were taken over; part of the 15th Division was sent to Douai as a new OHL reserve and Falkenhayn suggested that a special headquarters be set up to co-ordinate counter-attacks. On 13 June, Rupprecht repeated his orders to XIV Corps to hold Carency and Haenisch sent pioneers to dig a reserve trench behind the left flank of the 28th Division. French pressure on the Lorette Spur had eased and a regiment of the 58th Division retook trenches on the northern slope. No counter-attack was possible at Carency and the I Bavarian Reserve Corps concentrated on holding the line from Souchez to Neuville and St. Laurent, which was attacked again during the afternoon. Gaps either side of Hill 123 were closed by counter-attacks but a gap between a depression known as Artilleriemulde, north of the Lorette Spur and Souchez could not be closed and Carency was almost surrounded. The defences to the west and south had been lost on 9 May and constant French attacks slowly overwhelmed the defenders. At 9:00 a.m. on 12 May, a French bombardment of 23,000 shells fell on the remaining German positions to the north of the village. The survivors were cut off and the village captured over the next two days. French attacks in the north began to diminish on 13 May, as rain storms turned the battlefield into a swamp but at 2:00 p.m. on 15 May a hurricane bombardment fell on Souchez until 6:00 p.m. but no infantry attack followed the bombardment. Late on 12 May Rupprecht created Armee–Gruppe Fasbender to control the units in the areas of the XIV and I Bavarian Reserve corps, to hold the existing positions and establish a defence line from Carency and Neuville. A counter-attack at the cemetery south of Souchez but failed without support from the Carency area, where a French attack at dusk had captured the village. The defeat threatened the rest of the German line, Haenish ordered an immediate bombardment of the village and the 28th Division to dig a new line, from the Lorette Spur to the Ablain church and Souchez. A battalion of the 117th Division was sent to the 28th Division and a 16th Division regiment was moved to Lens as a replacement. By 13 June, the right flank of the 28th Division still held the northern slope of the Lorette Spur, the line either side of the Lorette Chapel had been lost from the Schlammulde (Muddy Hollow) to the Ablain track.

• 英訳をお願い致します。

Appeal by wife from a judgment of the Superior Court, DeKalb County, Judge Curtis, transferring custody of minor children from wife who was awarded custody in divorce decree to husband. The Supreme Court, Ingram, J., held that inference that wife and third-party witness were guilty of illicit conduct could be drawn from their refusal to testify as to their relationship and conduct, that evidence was insufficient to authorize change in custody, and that issue of whether court erred in denying supersedeas was moot. デキャルブ郡、高等裁判所のカーティス裁判官の判断により、妻が離婚時に得た親権を夫に移すように言われたことに対し妻は上訴した。 最高裁判所のイングラム裁判官は、妻と第三者は非道徳的行為の罪。。。。。。。 ちょっとっよくわからなくありました。 third-party witness は第三の証言者ではなく「第三者」という訳でいいでしょうか? どうぞ、教えて下さい。

• 和文英訳添削のお願い

大学入試対策の和文英訳問題の添削のお願いです。 長文となってしまいますが、お力をお貸し頂ければと思います。 問題 以下のA,Bの文章を英訳せよ。 A アメリカの大学に来てもう2年になるけど英語を話すのはまだまだ自信がない。とくに学生仲間といっしょのときは苦労する。問題はスピードなんだ。すぐにわからなくなってしまう。 B 遠慮なく聞き返せばいいんだよ。聞き返しの決まり文句が色々あるんだから、それを使って話せばいい。 A あんまり聞き返すと迷惑じゃないか、と思ってね。 B それは場合によるさ。君が一生懸命会話に参加しようとするのを彼らが評価すれば、辛抱強く付き合ってくれるよ。ただ聞いているのではなくこちらから話題をふるようにしたらいい。 以下、私の回答です。 A I have been studying at the university in the U.S. for two years, but I still have no confidence in speaking English. I struggle with English especially when I am talking with my college friends. The problem is their talking speed, which is too fast for me. It makes me unable to follonw them soon. B You can ask them what they said again without reserve. There are many set phrases to ask again, so it is good for you to use them. A I think it bother them to ask again and again. (I feel uneasy about if it bother them to ask again and again.) B That depends. If they appreciate that you are trying hard to join in the conversation, they will patiently listen to you. And you should sometiomes give them conversation topics, rather than just listening. まだまだ勉強不足なので、明らかな間違いなどはご指摘して頂けるとありがたいです。 また、もっと適切な表現がある場合は教えていただけると嬉しいです。 そのほか気づいたことは何でも教えてください。 よろしくお願い致します。

• 和文英訳の添削

ある機器の試験の項目の表作成をしています。 英文の添削をお願いします。 判定方法:評価点が、判定基準の1.33以下であれば、適合とする Evaluation method: when the evaluation point is less than 1.33 which is the standards, it is considered to be met the requirement. A溶液とB溶液を混ぜたものを、試験液とする。 The mixture of A solution and B solution is considered to be a test solution としたら、considerはおかしいと部署の 方に注意をされたのですが、他にどう書いたら良いでしょうか? 2つの文ともに~とする=見なすととって、訳しているのですが、 なかなか良い単語がでてきません。 宜しくお願いします。

• 英語添削お願い致します。

その人のことが頭から離れないのであれば恋愛しているのだと私は思う。 本を読んでいる時や、電車の中で景色を見ている時や、音楽を聴いている時も 中学の時の同級生である。彼女は美人で学校の成績も常にトップでなによりピアノが好きな子だった。おしとやかな性格と女らしさに惹かれていた人も少なくないはずだ。 体育祭のリレーでバトンを手渡された際に応援された時は嬉しかった。 音楽の授業では、その子と席が隣になったこともあり、胸がドキドキして話すことができなかった。私は恋に堕ちた。これではいけないと思った私は彼女と進展したいと思ったので、美術の授業の時に思い切って話しかけた。好きな食べ物は何か?兄弟はいるのか?どこの高校に進学するのか?部活は何をしているのか?彼女は落ち着いた口調で顔色一つ変えることなく話した。華奢な少女の醸し出す雰囲気はどこか大人らしい。しだいに緊張が解けて親しくなり、2学期に思い切って彼女に自分の思いを伝えた。彼女の返事は期待に沿うものではなかったが、私と彼女は励ましあった。お互い志望校に合格することを。 数日後、私と彼女は無事志望校に合格した。高校はどちらも違うところへ進学した。 私は彼女に感謝している。彼女に接したおかげで高校受験を頑張れたのだと…。 それから10年ぶりにインターネットのブログで彼女に再会した。 彼女は現在中学で音楽の教鞭を執っている。休みの日も生徒たちのことで頭がいっぱいで多忙だそうだ。 I think I’m in love with someone if I can’t get her out of my mind. For example, when I read a book, view a scene on the train, and listen to the music. She was a junior high school classmate. She is beautiful and always has a top grade of studies , and she loves to play the piano. Many students must be fascinated her elegant and famine character. I was happy that I handed a baton and encouraged from her in race on the sports festival. I had a chance that we were next to seat at music class, but I couldn’t talk this is because my heart was always beating. This is not good situation I thought. I fell in love with her. I jumped in with a comment in order to get along with her at art class. What is your favorite food? Do you have a brother or sister? Where are you going to advance school? What clubs do you belong to? She had no nervous and not change her face. An atmosphere of little girl’s create an aura seemed to be mature. We opened gradually up and I told her my mind. Her answer was not good but we encouraged each other for entering the high school we want. A few days later, we passed successfully but she went to another high school. Thanks to meet her, I did my best for the entrance exam of high school and got a good experience.10 years later, I met again her on the internet blog.