Pro-democracy students forced to abandon sit-ins but vow to continue protest

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Pro-democracy students in Hong Kong, who are being forced to abandon their sit-ins, have vowed to continue their campaign of civil disobedience through other means.
  • Despite the Hong Kong government's plans to proceed with changes to the election system, the students are planning to protest through methods other than sit-ins.
  • The pro-democracy students have stated that they will continue their fight for democracy and against the Chinese government's interference in the election process.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

構造が解らない

NHKからの抜粋です Pro-democracy students say who are being forced to abandon their sit-ins say they will continue their campaign of civil disobedience through other means. 的確に対応する日本語記事は見つけられなかったですが、およそ次です 香港政府は中国が決めた方針に従って選挙方法の変更の手続きを進める方針ですが、反発する学生たちは12日夜も一部でデモ行進をするなど、座り込み以外の方法で抗議を続けていくことにしています。 英文の構造は次でしょうか Pro-democracy students say 民主主義派学生は言う その内容は: who are being forced to abandon their sit-ins 座り込みを中止するように強制させられた人が say 言う その内容は: they will continue their campaign of civil disobedience through other means. 別の方法で続ける そもそも、民主主義派学生=座り込みを中止するように強制させられた人なので、分ける必要が無いと思います。 これが英語の表現方法なのでしょうか。

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.4

わたしは英文法の解析は非得意なのですが、単純に基本的なSVOだけで述べているだけだと思います。 Pro-democracy students say ここまで主語として、 who are being forced to abandon their sit-ins s WHOでつづけ、 say 動詞がきます。 they ここまでを一区切りにして、主語とし、 will continue 動詞の未来形です。 their campaign of civil disobedience through other ここまでを、さらに(長いですが)主語にして means. 動詞で結論づける。 いかにも英語的な考え方です。 英語話者は英語でしか考えていないので、逆もどりするから解釈が難しくなるだけで、語順のとおり理解していけば、いかにもわかりやすい論調で述べられています。 わたしには日本語に訳したものの方が、わかりにくい気がします。 繰り返しますが、英語話者は書かれた語順にしか理解できません。 ですから、そういう語順で理解できる書き方になります。 これを日本語に訳そうとすると、わたしなら、言っていることはわかるけど、日本語に訳せないマヒした状態になります。 これが、通訳は難しいということだと思います。

remokon
質問者

お礼

みなさん、返答有り難うございます よく分かりました 今後もおねがいします

その他の回答 (3)

回答No.3

この1文を取り上げればひどいもの、ということにもなりますが、 出版物を作成する仕事をした人であれば仕方ないな、と感じるはずです。 こういう誤りはつきもので、タイピングする時点で生じることも多く、 スキャンミスとか、いろいろ理由があるわけですが、 最終的に校正作業に委ねられます。 だから時間をある程度かけられる出版物であれば複数の校正者を使い、 編者が時間をかけて推敲していくわけですが、新聞となると時間との戦いになります。 日本の新聞でも隅から隅から読めばいくらでも誤植が見つかるはずです。 ないに越したことはないでしょうが、ここでする回答でも後から訂正すべきような タイポはいくらでもしているわけです。 私は英文校正も長年やってきましたが、普通の人は英語を仕事にしている人でもひどいものです。

回答No.2

who に関係代名詞 what のような「~する人」という用法がないでもありませんが、 普通はおかしいです。 おっしゃる通り=なので、 Pro-democracy students who are being forced to abandon their sit-ins say they will continue their campaign of civil disobedience through other means. とすれば、普通の関係代名詞の who で先行詞が Pro-democracy students となります。 say が後の say と混乱して生じた、単純な誤植。 校正ミスです。

• Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

Pro-democracy students say who are being forced to abandon their sit-ins say they will continue their campaign of civil disobedience through other means. まず、この文は、文法的に間違っています。3語目のsayは不要です。 訳 座り込みを強制的に撤去されている民主主義派学生は、手法を変えて市民的不服従運動を続けると言っている。 英文の構造は次でしょうか Pro-democracy students say 民主主義派学生は言う → sayは間違い。 その内容は: Pro-democracy studentsを先行詞にして、 who are being forced to abandon their sit-ins は関係代名詞節です。 say 言う その内容は: they will continue their campaign of civil disobedience through other means. そもそも、民主主義派学生=座り込みを中止するように強制させられた人なので、分ける必要が無いと思います。 →分けているのでなく、関係代名詞節でつながっています。 座り込みを強制撤去されている民主主義派学生が言うのです。 これが英語の表現方法なのでしょうか。 →いいえ、ごく自然な英語です。 sayの間違いが混乱の元です。ひどいものです。 ご参考になればと思います。

関連するQ&A

• 英文と日本語訳があります。和訳は正しいですか?

"Don't just sit there, say something!" The importance of speaking up, and doing so promptly, is drummed into American children from an early age. In the United States, students are expected to raise their hands to volunteer an answer or opinion. What the student says may not be what the teacher expects, or may even be wrong. American teachers feel it is better to say something rather than nothing at all. If a child does not say anything, the teacher will assume he has nothing to say or may not even be listening or thinking. 英文翻訳 「そこに座っているだけではいけません、何か言いなさい。」 大きな声で自分の意見を話すこと、そして素早く行動することの重要性は、幼いころからアメリカの子供たちにたたき込まれている。アメリカでは学生は自発的に答え意見を述べるために手を挙げることが期待される。学生が言うことが教師が期待する内容でなくとも、たとえ間違っていてもかまわない。アメリカ人の教師たちは全く答えないよりは何か言うのがましだと感じる。もし子供が何も言わないなら、教師はその子は何も言うことがない、または聞いてもいないし考えてさえいないのだろうと思うだろう。

• 訳をお願いします。

こんばんは。今回も宜しくお願いします。 He challenged the educational policy, known as 'filtering' by which a small number of very able students were fed through the system to end up with degrees and civil service jobs, but by which the great majority dropped out, at successive stages, with no useful benefit derived from their incomplete course of instruction. 「彼は教育方針を変えた。『フィルタリング』として知られているものに。これによって、ごく少数のとても有能な学生達は、学位や 公務員の仕事でおわるというシステムに影響を及ぼされたが、 大多数の学生は連続的な段階で中退し、彼らの不完全な教育講座が 元で役に立つものは何もなかった。」 前半部は、were fed through以下が良く分からず(特にdegrees and civil service jobs)困っております。 後半部は、at successive stagesの訳は、果たして自分の訳 であっているのか、かなり疑問です。 よろしくご教示願います。

• 次の英文の和訳お願いします。

1.most of the local politicians have proposed that streets should get more international names to mirror the international composition of the city's population. 2.it's necessary that laws should be passed to prohibit the use of corporate funds directly or indirectly for political purposes. 3.as i have told you before , there questions need not detain us longer. 4.i dare say that you may feel irritated at being suddenly awakened when you are caught napping. 5.in order to create a peaceful, stable enviroment that fosters development, citizens have to have confidence that their votes count, their government cares about them and that democracy can deliver basic services.

• 以下の英文を訳して下さい。

For many Luxembourgers, particularly the miners, expression of disgust at the government could not be directed through the ballot box alone. Sensing the threat of civil disobedience or worse, von Tessmar threatened any individual committing an act of violence (in which he included strike action) with the death penalty. However, on 31 May 1917, the workers sought to use their most potent weapon, by defying von Tessmar's ultimatum and downing tools. Germany was dependent upon Luxembourgish iron, as the British Royal Navy's naval blockade forced Germany to look to accessible local supplies; in 1916, Luxembourg produced over one-seventh of the Zollverein's pig iron. As such, Germany simply could not afford a strike, lest it be deprived of critical raw materials.

• 英文の訳をお願いします

Fragrance aimed at getting Singaporeans in the mood for love will soon be sold abroad, after being used in a government-backed campaign aimed at boosting the city-state's declining birthrate His and hers "Romance Singapore Eau de Parfum" will soon be exported to Asia, North America and Europe, said Jen Chan, marketing manager for the company that handles the scents, Cosmetical Asia Pte. Ltd. The perfumes---a floral essence for her and a musky scent for him--were created by chemistry students from Singapore Polytechnic prep school to coincide with the island country's "Romancing Singapore" campaign in February this year. The campaign was a government-backed effort to help citizens find love and boost the country's record-low birthrate. The perfumes are being marketed globally because of their "over-whelming popularity" Singapore Polytechnic said in a statement. "14,000 bottles of the perfumes handed out at various Romancing singapore events were snapped up and an additional 3,000 limited-edition bottles were sold out in record time," it said, without elaborating. The perfumes will be sold in 50-milliliter bottles at 49 Singapore dol-lars (US$29.70; euro23.7) locally from Friday

• 英作文の添削をお願いします

英作文の添削・アドバイスをお願いします 多くの日本人の若者は、かれらが大学にいる間、アルバイトをします。一人の女子学生を例に挙げてみましょう。彼女はファーストフード店でアルバイトをしています。何が彼女にその仕事をするよう決めさせたのでしょうか。彼女に尋ねたら、彼女は自分のためにいくらかお金を稼ぎたいだけです、と言うでしょう。彼女の両親が彼女の大学の学費を払っているので、彼女は働く必要はありません。大部分の学生たちにとって、大学に行くことは、かれらの人生のうち最もお気楽な日々を彼らに与える一つの選択なのかもしれません。 Many Japanese young people work as part-time workers while they are university students. Now let's take a girl student for example. She works for a fast food shop. What did make her decide to work there? If you ask her about it, she will say she just wants to earn some money for herself. However, she doesn't need to work because her parents pay money for university. For most students, going to university might be a good option to get most pleasant days in their lives. よろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 英文と和訳があります。和訳は正しいですか?

Daigo also told me that when his class was going on a school trip, his teacher told the class to come to the school at 5:00 a.m. When he dutifully arrived at the still-dark school at the stated hour, no one, not even the teacher, was there. The U.S. students started to arrive before 6:00. The teacher herself arrived after 7:00. Most of the Venezuelan students arrived around 8:00, which was the "real" hour of departure. When Daigo asked the teacher why she did not say 8:00 to begin with, she replied, "If I said 8:00, no one would arrive before 10:00!" Strangely, the same students apparently arrived more or less on time to their classes. The rules of time are hard to fathom across cultures. 日本語訳 ダイゴは、彼のクラスが修学旅行に行ったとき、先生が全員に学校に朝5時に来るように言ったとも語りました。彼が律儀にまだ(電気がついてなくて)暗い学校に時間通りについたとき、誰も、先生すら、そこに居なかったのです。アメリカ人の学生たちは6時前に到着し始めました。先生自身は7時を過ぎて到着しました。ほとんどのベネズエラ人の学生は「まさに」出発する時間の8時頃に到着しました。ダイゴが先生にどうして最初から8時と言わなかったのか尋ねた時、彼女はこう答えました。「もし8時っていったら誰も10時前に来なかったわよ!」不思議なことに同じ学生たちはどうやら、自分たちの授業には大体時間通りに来るのでした。時間のルールを異文化間で理解するのは難しいことなのです。

• よろしくお願いします

My daughter is a stay-at-home mother with an 8-month-old child. She is a great mother and I am very proud of her. She and her husband allow their very large dog to "clean up" the high chair or walker after the baby has eaten, by licking it "clean." They think it's cute. I think it is disgusting. They do not otherwise clean the items for the next use. I am by no means a clean freak, but this is gross. I will not allow this in my house (they have not yet brought the dog with them). I voiced my surprise and dismay the first time I witnessed this, and just sprayed the items with cleaner after the dog was done. I have not said anything else about it. I understand it is their home and their rules. Should I just continue to clean up the area after the dog is done, or should I say something else? the dog is doneというのは「犬が物を舐め終わった」ということでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文を日本語に訳してください。お願いします。

今度の水曜日(2/17)のAM8:00までにエキサイト翻訳とかを使わずに英文を日本語に訳してください。お願いします。 ・Is something missing from modern medicine? People get sick when they are unhappy. This is the belief of Dr.Bernie Siegel, an American pediatric and general surgeon who has written numerous books for patients and doctors. He feels that modern medicine over-emphasizes scientific knowledge and information. In particular, it dose not pay enough attention to the relationship between a person's feelings about life and their physical condition. Medical students and young doctors often say that their motivation to be doctors is not help people, and not to earn a high salary or to enjoy high social status. But, claims Siegel, the training they receive harms them by not teaching them to treasure this beautiful motivation. ・Patients can learn from their sickness For Siegel, it is important to view sickness as an opportunity to learn. He has studied patients who survive a serious illness, observing how they live longer than their doctors expect. He say these are usually people who notice their feelings and are able to accept them. A serious illness may, for example, make a patient feel angry about having wasted years doing a job that now seems meaningless. Some patients might never face these feelings. By noticing their feelings and expressing their emotions, he says, patients are able to make wise choices with regard to their treatment. Patients need to be encouraged to accept and enjoy being themselves more than they could before they became sick. They can become more aware of something deep within themselves. This new approach to life that has come from their sickness then begins to bring benefits to their bodies, and they are often able, to an important extent, to heal themselves. ・Doctors can learn from remarkable recoveries Patients are sometimes cured and survive against all the predictions of their doctors. But the medical profession tends to ignore remarkable cases which do not fit into the conventional way of solving medical problems. Conventional medical training does not teach doctors the importance of learning from cases of patients being cured for reasons that are not directly caused by medical treatment. Nor do medical schools teach doctors the value of other patients finding inspiration from such cases.

• 【至急】 書き換え・和訳問題です!

自信がなかったり分からないものを載せました。 力を貸して頂けると幸いです・・・ 【A】 次の英文を指定された書き出しに続けて書き換えなさい。 Nor and social concerns with literacy confined to a particular class or society. → And social concerns に続けて 【B】 次の英文を和訳しなさい。 (1) Among our most highly valued skills is our ability to make use of written texts, that is to say, our literacy. (2) Nowadays, western countries are eager to eradicate illiteracy as a means of solving a range of other social problems such as poverty and unemployment and therefore schools are keen to upgrade the literacy standards of their students. (3) Some critics say at current rates, ethanol production could use as much as half of the American corn supply before long. (4) The gestures were complex and subtle, involving a delicacy of motion that has since been lost completely. 以上5問です よろしくお願いします!