• ベストアンサー
  • すぐに回答を!

和訳お願いします

The incident might have turned out far more disastrously to us both than that 'pairfeckly safe' one of Kruesi's.I learned on the following day that the flying feathers were from two turkeys belonging to Andrus, the pattern maker,who complained that he was now going to be 'fed up' for a week or so on turkey meat. He admitted however that a track was no proper roosting place. And Insull admitted that an electric locomotive could attain a surprising speed and would no doubt compete with the steam one in the future.

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 回答数1
  • 閲覧数34
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.1
  • ddeana
  • ベストアンサー率74% (2977/4020)

この事件は、あの「まったくもって安全だった」クルージの事故よりも私達双方にとっては、はるかに悲惨な結果であったかもしれない。次の日、あの飛んでいた羽が一週間かそこら、うんざりするまでその肉を食べるつもりだったのにと文句を言った、鋳型(模型)製作者、アンドラスの所有する二匹の七面鳥のものだったことを私は知った。 だが彼は線路が適切なねぐらではなかったことを認めた。そしてインサルは電気機関車が驚くべき速度を達成でき、将来間違いなく蒸気機関車と競争することになると認めた。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします!

和訳をお願いします! I think that he’s an incredible dreamer, incredibly naïve, he’s incredibly smart in what he wants to be smart at he’s one of those guys that knows ten thousand little things but doesn’t know much about one big thing and it was really fun, it was really fun to read and... Again there was something inspiring about it, there was something child like about it. There was something oddly brave about it and the thing that was very cool about the part to me was that he’s a simple guy and in his simplicity he doesn’t over think the world. And so he just lets the world happen to him and I think that that’s a blessing a lot of the time. ある俳優のインタビューです。 自分の役柄について聞かれ答えているのですが、どうしても意味が理解できないんです。。。 長文ですが宜しくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 和訳お願いします!!

自分でやったりアプリでやると日本語がおかしくなるのできれいな日本語に訳せる方よろしくお願いします!! On June 17, 1966, two black men entered a bar and grill in New Jersey, and started shooting . The bartender and one customer died instantly . Another customer died almost a month later, as a result of her wounds. A third customer survived, though he lost the use of one eye . Soon after the crime, the police stopped Rubin's car. Rubin and a friend of his were taken to the bar and grill and made to stand against the wall while their car was searched . The police then took them to the hospital and showed them to one of the victims, who said they had not been the shooters . Rubin and his friend were then taken to the police station, where they were questioned for sixteen hours. They both took lie detector tests, and were released. However, by october, the police had found witnesses who said they saw Rubin and his friend running away from the bar and grill just after the crime. One of the witnesses was Alfred Bello, an ex-convict, who had himself been questioned about the crime. The surviving customer, Willie Marins, had changed his story, and now seemed to think that Rubin and his friend were the criminals. When the case came to court, it soon became clear that everything depended on the testimony of these two witnesses. There was no fingerprint evidence, and no scientific proof that Rubin and his friend had recently fired weapons. Some ammunition was found in Rubin's car, which was similar to that used in the shooting. Marins' descriptions of the two men were vague, but Bello's testimony was damning. He said that he heard shots, and then saw Rubin and his friend leave the bar laughing, one carrying a shotgun and the other a handgun. Bello admitted that he himself went into the bar to take money out of the cash register. In spite of this, the all-white jury believed him - in less than two hours, they convicted Rubin and his friend of murder.

• 和訳お願いします

Well I showed Sammy all round the laboratory,the glass house,the machine shop,and finally took him to the shed where the electric locomotive was. He wondered at the little engine that could haul those three trailers full of people and asked whether the machine was 'in operative condition.' 'Certainly,my dear sir,' I answered,and asked whether he would like a ride.'I should appreciate it,'said he. The engine driver at the machine shop started the engine for us. We just took the locomotive without the trailers, I beging on the operating side of the machine and Insull on the other side near one of the brake handles.I swiched on the juice and soon we were going at the rate of thirty miles an hour. Insull seemed to enjoy it. When we reached the end of the line we stepped off for a few moments and looked at the remains of the old copper mine.

• 和訳お願い致します。

Hugh Miller will be admitted by many as a competent witness to the untenability of the theory of Chalmers and Buckland on mere geological grounds. He had, indeed, a theory of his own to propose, which we shall presently consider; but we may take his word that it was not without the compulsion of what he considered irresistible evidence that he relinquished a view which would have saved him infinite time and labour, could he have adhered to it.

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をよろしくお願いします! The voyage was hard. He had many windless days when his boat did not move at all. Sometimes he fell ill and was filled with worries. He was all alone on the ocean. There was no one to tell him what to do. But he got over the difficulties and, 94 days later, he arrived in San Francisco.

• 和訳をお願いします。

On February 16, 1915, despite concurrent negotiations with Austria, a courier was dispatched in great secrecy to London with the suggestion that Italy was open to a good offer from the Entente. [ ...] The final choice was aided by the arrival of news in March of Russian victories in the Carpathians. Salandra began to think that victory for the Entente was in sight, and was so anxious not to arrive too late for a share in the profits that he instructed his envoy in London to drop some demands and reach agreement quickly. [...] The Treaty of London was concluded on April 26 binding Italy to fight within one month. [...] Not until May 4 did Salandra denounce the Triple Alliance in a private note to its signatories.

• 和訳お願いします

I remember an incident involving one of the group whose name must go unmentioned because it occupies an elevated place in the history of electric lighting.Well,he too one night became frozen in the arms of Morpheus and began to breathe pretty loudly in his sleep.The disturbance was like intermittent approaching thunder with crashes between,ending with a periodical gulping that shook the laboratory in the silence of night.'I'll fix him,'said one of the boys with a fiendish grin,'I have a machine that will do the business,and you don't need to waste any more ammonia.'He went away and returned with a contraption that he had been working on the day before.It was a soap box upon which was mounted an enormos rattle that was actuated by a crankshaft turned by hand.'Which it work,boys,'he whispered as he placed the infernal thing near the sleeper on the table and gave it a few vigorous turns. It produced a terrific noise.The poor victim fairly bounced into the air thinking that a tornado had struck Menlo Park! The boys laughed.Some of us dubbed the machine a 'corpse revier'and others called it the 'calmer.'

• 和訳お願いします。

Many things came to pass,and it was only Edison who could and had to ferret them out.It seemed that destiny hinted to him that he now had his system working on which he had labored some years,but it would have to pass through the infant period during which so many changes take place.   Edison was everywhere,for his occupations were multifarious;and all looked to him for advice when anything went wrong.The memorable day when the Pearl Street Central Station was started in regular operation happened to be September 4,1882.On that day John W.Lieb,the electrician of the station,was deputized by Edison to close the main switch,thereby permitting the current to flow into the underground conductors,and thus to start the regular operation of this novel enterprise.This act required that Lieb stand on his tiptoes,and finding that the catch of the switch didn't work properly,he had to hang on to its handle untill William D.MacQuesten,Lieb's assistant at the time,brought a bench and pushed the catch into the pawl that locked and held it.

• 和訳お願いします

As we were taking our seats for the return trip he asked whether I had ever heard of 'The Flying Scotchman,'England's crack train.I replied that I had, and he mentioned that,of course,its speed was nothing to compare with the speed of this electric one.'Oh it's speed that you are hankering after!' I replied in dry way that made him suspicious. The boys at Menlo were always ready to accept even the hint of a challenge involving the work of Edison, as I believe Bernard Shaw has already testified. I started the motor and gradually plugged out the resistance.We rounded the curve without mishap and were flying along at a speed that scared the life out of Insull who,holding fast to the brake handle,begged me to slacken up. In the faint light that prevailed,something on the track ahead of us,just at that weird spot where the trestle work was.I cut off the current instantly and applied my brake so suddenly that the handle broke.At the same time a bunch of feathers shot upward.I reversed the current for a secound several times while Insull pulled at the brake,and so we managed to arrive at the station without a crash. Insull felt greatly relieved at setting his feet on terra firma.

• ちょっと長いですが…。和訳お願いします。

One day about three months after I first arrived in Japan, I suddenly realized I was absorbing Japanese. On that day I was riding on a streetcar on my way to work. An elderly woman entered at one of the stops and sat down right next to me in the empty car. When I was addressed entirely in Japanese, I cut her off with zenzenwakarimasen. This didn't seem to discourage her from continuing to talk. I just smiled and nodded as she spoke and felt relieved when we arrived at her stop. Once alone, I realized that I had understand some of what she had said, and that the entire conversation had been in Japanese. This sudden awareness was exhilarating. From that moment on, I could no longer resist being swept up in the currents of Japanese language and culture.