• ベストアンサー

She was sent by

下記の直訳を文を区切って教えていただけますか? Mari was sent by her newspaper to complete the journey taken by the characters in Ken's book.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

> Mari was sent by her newspaper to complete the journey taken by the characters in Ken's book. ひょっとしたら her newspaper のあたりで引っかかったのでしょうか。 文の構造は  [Mari] [was sent] by her newspaper [to complete the journey] taken by the characters in Ken's book. 簡単にすると  Mari was sent to complete the journey. というだけの文です。これくらいに裸にしてみると分かりやすいのではないでしょうか。 要するに、主語は Mari で動詞が was sent で、to complete the journey が補語。 だから文型としては、S + V + C ではないかと思います。 her newspaper は 「彼女の新聞」 ではなくて 「「彼女が勤めている新聞社」 で、taken 以下は the journey を修飾しています (つまり説明)。 taken by the characters の意味が取れなかったとしたら、この文の意味は分からないと思います。characters は、ここではある物語の中に登場する人物たちという意味です。すると the journey taken by the characters は、「その登場人物たちによって行われた旅」 ということになります。 全体としては、「マリさんは、ケンの作品の中に出てくる登場人物たちが (途中まで) たどった旅程の続きを完成させてきなさいと、新聞社から派遣されました」 のような感じです。

関連するQ&A

• See? I was rightについて

So, do you listen to music? (Talking in her head) See? I was right! Music? Umm ,yes・・・everyone listen to music. 上記の英文の意訳で、『ねぇ、音楽聞?(頭の中で)はあ?決まってるでしょう! 音楽?誰でも聞くでしょ!』となってるサイトを見たのですが、See? I was right!がどうして、はあ?決まってるでしょう!になるのですか? 教えて下さい、よろしくお願いします。

• I never wasとI was never

I never wasとI was neverの違いを教えてください。 海外のサイトで同様の質問を見つけましたが、いまいち理解できませんでした。 I never was a good cook. Possible context: Lisa's mother-in-law has pressured her to prepare Thanksgiving dinner for the extended family. Lisa has reluctantly agreed. She made an honest try but made a key mistake and the turkey was a failure. "Well, you know, I never was a good cook." I was never a good cook. Possible context: Margaret, in her eighties and living in a nursing home, is being interviewed by a gerontology student. She confides to the student, "I was never a good cook."

• 送信できない。**Message you sent blocked by our bulk email filter**

メールを送信したら「**Message you sent blocked by our bulk email filter**」という件名でMAILER-DAEMONからかえってきてしまいます。 --本文の一部-- Your message to: 相手のメールアドレス was blocked by our Spam Firewall. The email you sent with the following subject has NOT BEEN DELIVERED: Subject: 件名 ----- これはなぜでしょうか。 原因がこちらか相手かの切り分けもつきません。。。 お願いいたします!

• 受動態

『彼は彼女の写真を撮った』はHe took a picture of her.でいいと思うのですが、pictureとher(she)を主語にしたときの受動態の文は以下のとおりでいいでしょうか? A picture was taken of her by him. She was taken a picture by him

• medical byeをどう訳すか。

以下のmedical byeはどう訳したらいいでしょうか。 また、byeの語源はこの場合なんでしょうか。 よろしくお願いします。 A new groin injury suffered in her only practice on Olympic ice forced Kwan to withdraw from the U.S. team she made in the first place on a medical bye.

• she was a chinese 訳についてと反応

質問1 訳と反応について教えていただきたいのですが、メールを交換している相手が自分について話してて、このような文を送ってきました。自分なりに訳します。間違えだらけですが教えて下さいお願いします。 I Been In Love when I was 18.I went out with this girl for 3 years I loved her to death.she was a chinese.In the end I messed things up,she had bigger dreams and a brighter future and I was still playing around.I did something that I regreted and I lost my first and only love.There was another time nearly two years after her,I met another girl that I thought I was in love with but it was more of lust than love.She turned out to be my worst nightmare.She was a compulsive liar.She caused me a great deal of pain and I lost a lot because of her,but it wasnt love at all,I realize that in the end. 私は18の時に3年つきあった中国人の彼女がいました。私はあそんでいました。私は初めての愛をうしなった。・・・・・私はほかの女性がいました。彼女はうそつきでした。彼女はすばらしいけどすべてはすきじゃなかった。私はきずいて終わりにした。 質問2 このような相手の経験についてこなにか反応をしたいのですが日本語ならば、そうなんだあそういう経験ってあるよね とか、いえるのですがこの場合たとえばどんな反応ができますか?たとえばでかまいませんので教えてくださいおねがいします。

• 翻訳お願いします。脅す

翻訳お願いします。脅す 「彼は今から死ぬと言ってメールを送って彼女を脅した。」 1He threatened her by sending a text saying he was killing himself right now. 2He sent a text and threatened her by saying he was~. 3He threatened her by saying in his text he was killing himself right now via sending a text. うまく英訳しずらいのですが、1~3は使えますでしょうか?また、た他の表現を教え頂ければ幸いです。

• The cancer was missed

My sister has been diagnosed with terminal cancer—at 44, with children. This came out of the blue. She has not had previous cancer. The cancer was missed, her doctor was supercilious, her boyfriend finally took her in to the emergency room for pain after he became fed up. The cancer was missedとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願いします

was lost in a storm was taken by the government was completely destroyed by fire was cursed by a diamond

• 2~3分のスピーチ アドバイスお願いします!

今度夏休みについてのスピーチをすることになりました。 一応自分で考えてみたのですが、文法などおかしい所がありましたら アドバイスください><;; あと、少し短いのでどうしたらいいでしょうか・・ I went to photograph exhibition in this summer vacation. That was memorable day I had in this summer vacation. The photograph exhibition was take place at the Sakae. There was many photograph and many people in this exhibition. This photo exhibition was planned by Fujifilm. More than 100 photos were in there. Most photograph is taken by amateur and other was taken by photographer. I was impressed by beautiful photos.