I Started Looking for a Job, but My Mind Is Away with the Fairies

このQ&Aのポイント
  • I started to look for a job now but I can't concentrate to search jobs... My mind is floating around somewhere else like a balloon with a broken string. I feel I wanna go somewhere to travel.
  • I am finally beginning my job search, but I am finding it difficult to focus. My mind feels disconnected, as if I am off with the fairies. Perhaps I am just daydreaming too much and not seeing the reality.
  • Looking for a job has been challenging, as my mind is not fully present in the task. I find myself lost in thoughts of travel, unable to concentrate on the job search. It's like my mind is away with the fairies, dreaming of adventures.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文にして欲しいのと、英文のチェックをお願いします

この文章を英語にしてください。 日本語の文章と英語の文章は相違ありますが、自分なりに書いてみました。 こちらのチェックもお願いします。 「[仕事が忙しいと言われて] かわいそうに。でも羨ましいかも。 私は(やっと)仕事を探し始めました。でも、旅行に行きたくて心ここにあらずって感じです。 だから仕事探しに集中できない。」 Oh, poor you... but sounds good for me! I started to look for a job now but I can't concentrate to search jobs... My mind is floating around somewhere else like a balloon with a broken string. I feel I wanna go somewhere to travel. できれば「心ここにあらず」の部分をoff with the fairies かaway with the fairies to 使って表現したいんですが、使い方がよくわかりません。 それか、「心ここにあらず」を「(夢みる乙女ぽい感じで)夢を見ていて現実が見えていない」感じの 表現だとどう表現すればいいのでしょうか? たくさん質問してしまいましたが、よろしくお願い致します。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

すごくステキなコンポジションだと思います。カンペキじゃないですか? しいて整理するなら・・ Oh, poor you... but sounds good for me! I started looking for a job now but I can't focus... My mind is away with the fairies, floating around somewhere else like a balloon with a broken string. I feel I wanna go somewhere to travel. "away with the fairies"、知りませんでした。チョイ古風な表現のようですね。 "float...balloon...string"のあたり、ちょっと70年代を感じれて、ステキですね。 勉強になりました。ありがとう!

tumemanques
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 もうひとつ教えていただきたいのですが、 「私の近況はこんな感じ。ま、そんなのどうでもいいよね。(笑)」 ネガティブ系ではなく、ごめん私のことばっかり話して的な。。。だと My present situation is like this. Oh, however you don't want to know it,eh! Ahaha で、いいのでしょうか? なんかこれだとネガティブに聞こえるんですが、何かいい表現はありますか?

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.2

「私の近況はこんな感じ。ま、そんなのどうでもいいよね。(笑)」 That's how I am now.... Well maybe it's not a big deal for you...Never mind!" みたいなカンジは、どうですか?

tumemanques
質問者

お礼

再度ありがとうございます。 大変勉強にもなるし、助かりました。 でも、こんなこと言ってる時点でネガティブぽいので端折ろうかと思います(笑) また質問がありましたら回答をよろしくお願いします。

関連するQ&A

• 英文のチェックをお願いします!!

一応、自分で英作してみたのですが、気になるところ(間違ってそうなところ)があるので、どなたか教えてください。 1.部活で休みがほとんどないという話の中で、 「はじめは、もっと休みがあってほしいと思っていたが、次第に練習がないと不安になるようになった」 →At first, I wanted more holidays, but I became uneasy when I didn’t practice. 2.「部活と勉強の両立が辛くて、時々部活をやめたくなった」のような感じを出したかったのですが…。 →Sometimes I wanted to leave the club because I had to have practiced hard and I wanted to study too. 3.2の続きで、「でも私はクラブのみんなが本当に大好きだったし、どうでもいいことを一緒に喋るのが楽しかったし、やっぱりテニスをしたかった。だから部活をやめることはできなかった」 But I loved members of the club, I enjoyed talking about trivial things with them, and I still wanted to play tennis. So I couldn't leave the club. 4.二人の先輩が○○(地方名)大会に出場した。 Two seniors advanced to the ○○ competition. 先輩という表現がいまいちしっくりきません、辞書でひいたのですが…。 5.それまで私にとって○○大会は夢の存在だった。 でもそのときから、私は全力を尽くせば○○大会に私も出場できるかもしれないと思った。 The ○○ competition was a dream for me by then. But from then on I thought that I might be able to advance to the ○○ competition if I would do my best. 6.でも私達が一番嬉しかったのは、ある先輩が嬉し泣きしてくれたことだ。 But we were happiest that one senior cried for joy. 7.朝早く学校へ行って練習前に練習をした甲斐があったのかもしれないと思った。 I thought it might be useful that we went to high school in the early morning and practiced before practice. たくさん申し訳ありません。よろしくお願いします。 また、スピーチで終わるときは、なんて言うのが一番良いでしょう?

• 僕の考えた英文をチェックしてもらえませんか><

僕が英語にしたい文は、 私は夏休みのほとんどがクラブでした。私は9月の初めクラブで5日間長野県に合宿に行きました。そこでは1日8時間も練習しました。とても大変でしたが、充実した日を過ごせました。また、私は家族で8月の終わりに北海道に旅行に行きました。そこで私は洞爺湖を見ました。それはとてもきれいでした。バイトにも挑戦しましたが、おちてしまいました。また挑戦したいと思います。 です。 僕が英語にすると I played club most of summer vacation. I had gone to Nagano at the begining of September for training camp trip for five days. I practiced there an hour every day. It was very terrible, but I spent a full life. And I went to Hokkaido at the end of August for trip. I saw Toya lake. It was beautiful. I try to play a part-time job, but I failed it. I think I want to try again. となりました。僕は英語が苦手なので間違っているところがたくさんあると思います。英語に詳しい人がいらっしゃれば間違っているところをできるだけ簡単な英語で教えてください。よろしくお願いします。

• この英文をチェックしていただけますか?

先日下記の質問をさせていただきました。 http://okwave.jp/qa3030598.html その際にアドバイスくださった皆様、ありがとうございました。 アドバイスいただいた文章をもとにメールを作成していたのですが、少し書き足したい部分が出てきましたので、もう一度助けていただけないかと思って質問させていただきます。 付け足したい文章は I was trying to figure out why you behaved like that and what kind of person you are... I tried to keep professional relationship which we were before. But unfortunately, it's didn't work for me. Everything was getting clear to me. More in sorrow than anger. It is hard to come back to your place. As you noticed that since then, I feel some tension or nervousness and not able to be relax during consultation. And you didn't take any responsibility with that.I came to your place in order to get PROFESSIONAL treatment, but I couldn't get it. There is no point to go. I am a client and I like treatment. So it was really disappointment. 私の言いたいことは: あなたがどうしてああいう行動をとったのか、あなたはどういう人なのかを考えた。そしてできることなら今までどおりの立場でいられたらと思った。 でも残念なことに、それは私にはできそうもない。今となってはすべてがクリアになった。怒りというより、本当にこうなったのが残念で仕方がない。 あなたのところに治療に通うのは私には難しい。あなたもわかっていたように、あれ以来、私は今までのようにリラックスして治療を受けることができなくなった。そしてそれに関してあなたがプロフェッショナルとして何も責任を感じてないように思える。私はあなたのところに「プロとしての」治療を受けるために通うのに、それを受けられないというのは通う意味がない。私は患者であり、治療方法が気にいっていた。それはとっても残念なことです。 以上です。 長文ですみません。 お力を貸していただけたら助かります。

• 英文チェックお願いします!!

英語の文章を考えたのですが、どうも文法がおかしいところがあるような気がします。まだ途中なのですが、チェックをお願いします。 My favorite sport is basketball. I have played basketball for seven years. I learned many things of basketball. At first I learned “an effort and don’t give up mind” When I started playing basketball, I was not fast run other player. But I was effort little by little at elementary school. I became early than before now to run. I know that an effort and don’t give up were very important. Next, I learned by leadership. I was a captain by basketball club in junior high school. When I became a captain, there was worried. And I knew difficulty that awareness as a leader of a team gathered up a sprouting team while I practiced it. The basketball club was strong team work. Try hard serious basketball. And I played basketball well. I understood that very important with a leader “I must move at first!” When I knew it, I decide to move positively and build a relationship of mutual trust with a friend and thank that I was able to cooperate. As a result, it was able to be collected in a team. I was able to learn the leadership through club activities. I learned to cooperation as team. And I understood that it can’t only one.

• 英文のチェックをお願いします。

アメリカ人のマネージャーと話すので、以下の英語で通用するかどうか、チェックをお願いします。自信のない部分には、日本語も表記しました。長文ではありますが、どうかよろしくお願いします。 I would like to talk to you about Ms. ~. I'm really glad to work here. I like working at the ~ but bad things happened two times when I worked with Ms. ~. (~さんと一緒に仕事をしていて、嫌なことが2度もありました) The first, on last Friday, I thought stop stocking and back to warehouse the shipments and start facing because it been already 1920 then. (その時は既に19:20だったので品出しをやめ、商品を倉庫に戻し、フェイシングを始めようと思いました) But she said to me what stock the shipments of hair colour. (しかし、彼女は私に「ヘアーカラーをストックして」と言いました) I asked the other person "what time do we start facing today?" She told me it's at 1930. So I would return to warehouse the items. (なので、それらの商品を倉庫に戻そうとしました) Ms. ~ came back from the register at the time and asked me "where do you go?" I answered "it will be time to face soon." But she said "not yet." I stocked the items of hair colour with her until about 2005. However I returned alone all of it what couldn't stock. (しかし、ストック出来なかった物は、全て私一人で片付けさせられました) She didn't do it at all. She left warehouse after said "facing after you finished that." (彼女は全く片付けず、「それが終わったらフェイシングしなさい」と言って売り場に戻りました) The second, on this Wednesday, I was processing some items with her what passed deadline. (期限切れの品物を彼女と一緒に処理していました) She did it with me until middle but she said "throw away all of it" and left me when her friend came. 彼女は途中まで一緒にやっていましたが、仲のいい従業員がやって来た時に、「あとこれ全部捨ててね」と言って放置して行きました) I really hate what she always do to me something awful.(彼女にいつも、何かしら嫌なことをされることが、本当に嫌です) That makes me don't want to work here.(そのせいで、ここで働く事が嫌になります) I would like to leave her to enjoy working here.(ここでの仕事を楽しむ為に、彼女と距離を置きたいです) I was wondering if you could move me the other department.(他の部署に移らせて頂けませんでしょうか) I hope to move to the register. That reason isn't about only Ms. ~. I would like to do a job of cashier that can always communicate with a shopper. I'm to the packing items because I have experienced a cashier assistant at ~.(~でレジアシスタントの経験がありますので、品物を袋詰めする時の要領は掴んでいます) I will be able to useful and be ready fire power as a cashier.(キャッシャーとして役に立ちますし、即戦力になれると思います) Could you consider about that please?(この事を、どうか考慮して頂けませんでしょうか) Thank you for spending your time to me.

• この英文をチェックしていただけますか?

ある人にメールする文章を考えています。相手は尊敬していた長い間カウンセラーのような男性なのですが最近になって既婚なのに私に好意を向けてきて結果的にもう治療に通えなくなりました。セクハラというものでもないので怒りというよりはこうなったことが本当に残念だという思いが強いです。その気持ちを伝えようと思っています。 私の文章は I really respected your honesty and sincerity. Since I met you, lots of your words touched my hearts and which helped me a lots.As you know I had a hard time when I met you. I told you everything about my feelings and my experiences. You may forgot about what I said. My ex had an affir twice. I got really hurt. So, I am the best person to understand how people get hurt by husband's cheat better than anyone else. That's why I told you many times as I am not going to have any relationship with married man. But you totally didn't understand my feelings. Never... Remember? You said to me " You have to be assertive, if you don't want to, you have to tell me." But don't you understand? How hard it is, for women in that kind of situation. Especially for me, you were my practitioner who I respect and trust for long time. 私が言いたい事は 私はあなたと尊敬し信頼してきた。 あなたに会ってからずっと、あなたのたくさんの言葉が私の心に響いて私を救ってくれた。あなたも知っているようにあのとき私はつらい時期を過ごしていた。私はあなたに私の気持ちもつらい体験もすべて話してきた。 あなたはたぶん忘れていたのだと思う。私の元夫は二回不倫(浮気)をして、私は本当に傷ついた。私は他の誰よりも夫の浮気がどれだけ人が傷つくかを知っている人間なの。だから私は何度もあなたに伝えたでしょ。私は結婚している男性と特別な関係になるつもりはないと。でもあなたは全然わかってくれなかった。決してわかろうとしなかった。。 覚えてますか?あなたは私に「いやだということははっきりいやだって僕に言わなきゃ」って行ったけど、でもわからない?それがどんなに難しいことか。女性にとってああいう状況のなかで、そして私にとって。あなたは長い間私が尊敬し信頼してきた治療者だったのだから。 です。 長文で本当に申し訳ありません。ただこれで最後のメールになると思うので正確に誤解がないように伝えたいと思いました。 お力を貸していただけたら助かります。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文チェックお願いします

You may not remember me,I went to your house for home stay with (友達1) and (友達2). The period was three days from May,20,2010. I thought i would send you a mail after i come home,but I fail by an error...sorry. And i was found when I search you on FB, so I send a message. How is your family. あなたは私を覚えてないかもしれませんが、あなたの家に友達1と2と一緒にホームステイしました。期間は2010年の5月20日から3日間です。 帰国にメールをしようと思ったけどエラーで出来ませんでした。すみません。 そしてあなたをFBで見つけたのでメッセージを送ってみました。あなたの家族は元気ですか? だいたいの意味があってればよいのですが…確認お願いします。

• 英文のチェック

英語の勉強をしていますが、作文については、正誤が良くわからないので、下記について、間違え、一般的な表現などについて指摘願います。 文法的な解釈もあると助かります。 We have received short-term overseas student again. She’s also nice girl. I wonder all of them are good. But I found out that it was wrong by taking them a first look. Actually she’s polite, cheer and sociable. So she often speaks to us and it gives us abandon life. I’m afraid I’m not good at English well, and it has prevented us deeper communication. I have plenty of my stories I want to talk with her. It hasn’t reached up to even 50 percent. My speaking skill is the best in my English skill, but I was not able to have spoken many things than I had expected. It seems that I have to consider how to take an online English conversation lesson. But how should I do?

• 英文日記を添削していただけますか(^^)

英文日記を書いてみました。文法的な間違いや、表現のおかしい部分などがあれば、直していただけると助かります(^^)ネイティブならこんな表現をするなど、指摘してくださると,なおうれしいです(^^) I quarreled with my husband. I knew I was wrong. But I couldn’t apologize to him. Because I am obstinate. Tomorrow, he is gong to lead a group of students to Hokkaido for school excursion. So I’m little nervous. If I had apologized to him, I could have been happy.

• 至急英文を訳して下さい。

I have alredy been asked to pay the government and contrat tax of =22,700 ponds which i have already paid now, but i'm having a little delay regarding my agreement with the agent here. The total money for the contract is=3.150m. The cheque of intial mobilization fee of =1,5000,000(50%)have been release but still with the agent, he refuse to release it to me unless i pay the 3% of the amount(=34,500)according to the agreement we reached when he secured the contract for me. I just checked my visa and mastere card but i could only get=15,750 ponds left. My lawyer is supporting me with = 5,200. After i got my cheque i will pay back to him. I just told my mum and best friend as they are looking around for the balance =13,550 for me but didn't promise to get all the amount. I need = 2200 pond left これは、2200ポンド私に要求しているんでしょうか?