• ベストアンサー

英語

heaved. sigh. deal box. indignant. humbug. objected の意味を教えてください。 文は次の通りです。 She heaved a deep sigh, and thought about the deal box. Candle and Light were quite indignant, and kept saying, ‘Humbug!’ whenever they objected to anything they called it humbug.

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

heaved 吐き出した sigh 息 deal box これが意味が取りにくいのですが、トランプの箱あるいはカードゲームの箱のようなものを言っているのかなと思います。どういう文脈かわかると、もう少しわかるかもしれませんが、自信はありません。 indignant 憤っている humbug 詐欺師 objected 反対する、異議を唱える の意味を教えてください。 文は次の通りです。 She heaved a deep sigh, heave a sighで「ため息をつく」 →彼女は深いため息をついた。 and thought about the deal box. そして、トランプの箱について考えた。 Candle and Light were quite indignant, キャンドルとライト(両方とも人名)はかなり憤っていて、 and kept saying, ‘Humbug!’ 「この詐欺師!」と言い続けた。 whenever they objected to anything 何にでも反対する時はいつでも they called it humbug. やつらは詐欺呼ばわりした。 以上、ご参考になればと思います。

base1220
質問者

お礼

とても参考になりました。 ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

• Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.2

1番回答者です。 the deal boxは マツやモミ材のーーという意味でした。 松材の箱(ですからしっかりとした厚い板の箱ですね)という意味でした。トランプとは関係ありません。 以上、補足・訂正です。

関連するQ&A

• これ訳せる方教えてください

(1)It grew dark and cold (2)we kept quiet in the movie theater (3)they looked so excited at the party (4)she remained silent,though she had a different opinion (5)she appears cold,but in fact she is very kind これ教えてください

• この英文訳せる方教えてください

(1)It grew dark and cold (2)we kept quiet in the movie theater (3)they looked so excited at the party (4)she remained silent,though she had a different opinion (5)she appears cold,but in fact she is very kind これ訳せる方おしえてください

• 英語の和訳です!

英語についての質問です 問題が難しくて解けないので よかったら教えてください 中2~高1の範囲です! 空欄に適当な語を入れるという問題です Cats have long been aimals( )have been kept by humans. They were first used by the Egyptians to protect their food. The Egyptians soon thought of cats as( )animals. However,there were people( )did not like cats. Even today,people still wonder about their ( ). Cats try to make people feel( )when they are anxious. They are animals which have( )bodies,whiskers and big eyes. Humans are still fascinated by cats today. よろしくお願いします

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

“We didn't ever really see Scott; he rode in his own bus and the band kept themselves apart right up until they were about to get on stage,” Anthony explained. “The DeLeo's and Eric are just incredible guys; they would hang out and the dynamic was great. Between them and Scott is a whole different story and that doesn't come as news to anyone. Whatever potential drama was occurring, I stayed out of it and I never really knew what exactly was going on. What I do know is whenever they got on stage it was the real deal and Scott is one hell of a frontman.”

• 英語を教えてください

どなたか添削をお願いいたします。 Yesterday was a really nice day. I couldn't went out but the view from the top of the floor was a really blight and beautiful, the surface of the sea reflected the sunshine. 昨日は良い天気でしたね。 外には出られなかったけれど、最上階からの眺めが明るくて、それと太陽が海面を反射してとてもきれいでした。 I thought that you were busy and can't meet on today because you said that your customer came your office from NY. あなたが忙しそうなので今日は会えないと思ってたけど、それにNYからお客様が来てると言ってたから。 I am enjoying a candle you gave me. あなたにもらったキャンドルを楽しんでます。 Please take care about yourself, don't catch a cold. 風邪などひかないように体に気をつけてください。 私もやっぱりインフルの予防接種を受けることにしました。(受けないつもりと言っていたのに) I will have vaccinated against against flu.

• 英語の訳を教えてください!

You know why I hired you? I always hire the same girl...stylish,slender,of course...worships the magazine. But so often they turn out to be...I don't know,disappointing. And stupid.So you,with that impressive resume,and the speech about your so-called work ethic,I thought you would be different. I said to myself,go ahead. Take a chance. Hire the smart,fat girl.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

“More than anything, we've been a great live band. The reason why critics didn't like us because they thought we were one thing that we weren't. They thought we sounded like a Seattle band. We proved those critics wrong over our career and changed from album to album.

• 『The Lovebirds』1

Eleanor Farjeonの『The Lovebirds』という短編からの質問です。 At the end of the street stood the School. On the right-hand street corner sat Old Dinah the gypsy, who kept a pair of lovebirds in a cage. And on the left-hand street corner sat Susan Brown, who sold bootlaces. Susan thought she was about nine years old, but she never quite knew. As for Old Dinah's age, it was too great to be remembered, and she had forgotten it long ago. Susan thought she was about nine years old, but she never quite knew.について スーザンは自分が大体9歳ぐらいだろうと思っていました、しかし彼女は決してはっきりとはわかりませんでした? quiteの訳し方は合っているでしょうか? 教えていただけると助かります。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語の和訳お願いします。

Paxman: "Conrad, hi. I can't hear you. So, how many people did it take to run one of these looms?" Conrad Varley: "In this particularshed, it actually varied. This one they ran eight looms. That's one , two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight." Paxman: "So one person has control of eight?" Varley: "One person ran eight looms. So she's actually kept going all the time. It was a very, very hard job. A very hard job." Paxman: "I should have thought rather dangrous, too. If you're running eight machines and something goes wrong on one of them, could be behind you, could be anything." Varley: "It could. And the main danger being if the belt broke." Paxman: "It's leather, isn't it?" Varley: "It is, yes. You couldn't stop all the machinery, so it had to be repaired in situ. Now, if there was a protrusion, shall we say there, it could catch your sleeve. It'd take you round the shafting." Paxman: "Are you serious?" Varley: "I'm serious." Paxman: "You mean pulled..." Varley: "Pulled round, and there's quite a few. Quite a few was killed by going round the shafting. You didn't often come down in one piece, to be honest."

• 英語おしえてください(>_<)

(1)~(3)まで教えてください。 Another idea of psychoanalysis is that all neuroses come from the unconscious part of the mind. This idea led to the belief that, it ((1)) thoughts a re made ((2)), usually the neuroses will disappear. If neuroses were to be treated by bringing thoughts out from the unconscious, then a way had to be found to reach into the ((3)). Freud found one approach to reaching the unconscious that became an important part of psychoanalysis ー an approach he called free association. Patients were asked to let their thoughts wander and say whatever came into their minds. He wanted to hear all memories, dreams, and wishes of his patients. As they spoke, he found they remembered painful memories from the unconscious ー memories that had long kept hidden.