• ベストアンサー

翻訳をお願い致します。

“More than anything, we've been a great live band. The reason why critics didn't like us because they thought we were one thing that we weren't. They thought we sounded like a Seattle band. We proved those critics wrong over our career and changed from album to album.

• tsf12
  • お礼率86% (1168/1348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.2

『何てったって俺たちゃ最高の最高のライヴバンドなんだ。 なぜ評論家連中が俺たちを好きくねぇかっていうと、 奴ら俺たちを十把一からげに見てたんだな。 シアトルバンドの端くれだと思ってたのさ。 ざまあかんかん、俺たちゃキャリアを積んで、 アルバム毎に変化し続けて、 奴ら評論家連中のお間抜け振りを証明しちまったってわけ』

tsf12
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (1)

• Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

何にもまして、われわれは偉大なライブバンドであり続けた。評論家が我々を嫌う理由は、本当はそうではないが、我々が何か1つの固定されたものだと思ったからである。つまり、a Seattle bandと同じ音楽に聞こえると思ったのだ。我々の活動経歴で、こうした批評家が間違っていることは、アルバムを出すごとにつぎつぎ変化してみせたことで証明した。 以上、よろしいでしょうか。

tsf12
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Former STP frontman Scott Weiland just recently embarked on the second leg of his “Purple at the Core” tour with his solo band, The Wildabouts. He recently had the chance to chat with Alan Sculley of HamptonRoads to reminiscence on STP's early days and provide a hint at what's to come for his solo career. When inquired about the band's disparate recording of their 2010 reunion album, Weiland said “No, we weren't hanging out much.” He noted that life in the band changed after the release of “Purple” in 1994. “That's kind of when it stopped. We were all chummy and all that up until then.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

When I formed the band and created the Wildabouts with my friends, we decided we wanted to make a band-sounding album, a rock-sounding album. I made two solo albums before that were more experimental albums, and I think that they didn't really resonate with my fan base because they were too out-there, too artsy. ※『The Wildabouts』はバンド名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Tommy is the band's primary lyricist. His style has changed with the band's evolution; much of the lyrics on debut album were written about societal issues such as religion, abuse of power, and isolation. The band's breakthrough single "NO BLACK" polarized critics with its lyrics, some interpreting it as advocacy of date rape. ※Tommyは人名であり、NO BLACKは曲名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

We didn't sound like the Beatles, but we took that blueprint and the idea of being a band. Sure, there are some bands that have one sound and do it really well. But we looked at the idea of the Beatles and thought to really do it right, we had to evolve. We had to go into a cocoon every once in a while and come out as a butterfly and not an ugly moth.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

With a hit record, by summer 1993 it was time for STP to plan their first big tour. The band were offered a chance to open for Aerosmith on an arena tour, but turned it down. They wanted to play smaller venues that held 2,000-5,000 fans with cheaper ticket prices. So they put together a festival like tour, titled the Bar-B-Q-Mitz-vah tour with the Butthole Surfers, Flaming Lips, Basehead, and Firehose. The band had hoped to be part of the 1993 Lollapalooza tour, but weren't asked. In a September 1993 interview with Guitar School Dean DeLeo stated, “We didn't even get asked! We were really let down, because we would have loved to do that gig. So now we're on the ‘God-I'm-a-loosa' tour. [laughs] I'm only kidding.” Despite missing out on Lollapalooza, STP's summer 1993 tour was one of the most explosive of the summer, and they established themselves as one of the premier live bands in rock. The band even came out dressed as Kiss at the Roseland Ballroom in New York on August 3, 1993. That night was also the first time Scott Weiland ever tried heroin, which led to tensions in the band that lasted for a decade.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

As a huge fan of the band I really hope these rumors are not true and the band announce plans for a new album sometime in the next few months, but we’ll see. A fan recently had a great quote regarding Rock Band that really rings true. They’re one of the best rock bands out there, they just don't know it. Scott, Dean, Robert, and Eric, rock needs you making music!

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

So now to the source of the problem, besides the obvious/history of the band which we all know. So apparently there's been some bumps since they got back together, which we all knew, but the real source of the issue was around the Core anniversary. The band planned on doing the album, front to back, but nixed the idea when Scott didn't practice with them.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

“Rock Band, in my opinion, was a miracle, in a way. Because here we are, guys in our 40s, putting together a band that's gonna be [perceived] as a modern rock and roll band. And we achieved that. We were competing against much younger guys, we had a huge success with it,” he said. Tommy didn’t seem too keen on talking about whether Scott may ever join the band again though.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

The band was not cool with that at all, but Scott decided to do it anyway because he said “hey if you guys don't want to play these songs, I'll do them myself”. So the band views Scott as promoting something that could alienate fans from STP, but they felt they couldn't perform those songs themselves without their legacy taking a hit based on how they sounded in rehearsal.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

“Sometimes I wake up in the middle of night and think…Holy s**t, I’m making a real record,” guitarist Edgey says of his excitement at working with Morello and Benson. The attention is well deserved. TLI is an absolute breath of fresh air, even if they are playing a form of rock that’s as old as the genre. No computers. No electronica. Nothing but blues, folk, guitar, killer drums and the vocals of a rock angel. Compared to The White Stripes, they have a similar sound, style, dynamic and feel—but their rock is all their own. And they definitely own it. Edgey and Delila (vocals/guitar) make up the core of the four-year-old band. Fernando came along two years ago when they were in Portugal and needing a drummer. His two-show stint ended up being a full-time gig in the self-professed “radical” folk band—radical, not political. Despite releasing songs called “Workers of the World Unite!” and “The Ballad of Trayvon Martin,” TLI makes a distinction between the two descriptors. "Radical’ simply means…to go to the root of the problem,” Edgey says. “We’re socially responsible. We see something that’s wrong and we speak up for it… We don’t use the band as a platform.”