• ベストアンサー
  • すぐに回答を!

翻訳をお願い致します!

With a hit record, by summer 1993 it was time for STP to plan their first big tour. The band were offered a chance to open for Aerosmith on an arena tour, but turned it down. They wanted to play smaller venues that held 2,000-5,000 fans with cheaper ticket prices. So they put together a festival like tour, titled the Bar-B-Q-Mitz-vah tour with the Butthole Surfers, Flaming Lips, Basehead, and Firehose. The band had hoped to be part of the 1993 Lollapalooza tour, but weren't asked. In a September 1993 interview with Guitar School Dean DeLeo stated, “We didn't even get asked! We were really let down, because we would have loved to do that gig. So now we're on the ‘God-I'm-a-loosa' tour. [laughs] I'm only kidding.” Despite missing out on Lollapalooza, STP's summer 1993 tour was one of the most explosive of the summer, and they established themselves as one of the premier live bands in rock. The band even came out dressed as Kiss at the Roseland Ballroom in New York on August 3, 1993. That night was also the first time Scott Weiland ever tried heroin, which led to tensions in the band that lasted for a decade.

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 回答数1
  • 閲覧数61
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.1

With a hit record, by summer 1993 it was time for STP to plan their first big tour. The band were offered a chance to open for Aerosmith on an arena tour, but turned it down. They wanted to play smaller venues that held 2,000-5,000 fans with cheaper ticket prices. So they put together a festival like tour, titled the Bar-B-Q-Mitz-vah tour with the Butthole Surfers, Flaming Lips, Basehead, and Firehose. The band had hoped to be part of the 1993 Lollapalooza tour, but weren't asked. レコードのヒットのお陰で、1993年にはSTPにとって初のビッグツアーが計画された。エアロスミスのアリーナツアーの前座にというオファーもあったが、彼らはこれを断った。もっと小さくて、安いチケットで入場できる2,000人から5,000人収容の会場でプレイしたかったのだ。結局お祭りのようなツアーを企画し、バーB-Qミッツ-ヴァーツアーと銘打たれ、バットホール・サーファーズ、フレイミング・リップス、ベイスヘッド、ファイア・ホウスらと帯同することとなった。バンドは1993年のロラパルーザツアーへの参加を希望していたが、これは叶わなかった。 In a September 1993 interview with Guitar School Dean DeLeo stated, “We didn't even get asked! We were really let down, because we would have loved to do that gig. So now we're on the ‘God-I'm-a-loosa' tour. [laughs] I'm only kidding.” Despite missing out on Lollapalooza, STP's summer 1993 tour was one of the most explosive of the summer, and they established themselves as one of the premier live bands in rock. The band even came out dressed as Kiss at the Roseland Ballroom in New York on August 3, 1993. That night was also the first time Scott Weiland ever tried heroin, which led to tensions in the band that lasted for a decade. 1993年9月ギタースクールとのインタビューでディーン・デリオはこう言っている。 『声も掛からなかったんだぜ。これにはめげたよ。そのギグにはホント出たかったからね。で俺たちは今“神様オイラは負け犬”ツアーを敢行中ってわけ(笑)冗談だけどね』 ロラパルーザは逃したものの、STPのサマー1993ツアーは、その夏の一大イベントとなった。そして彼らはロック界におけるライブバンドの第一人者としての地位を築き上げたのである。1993年8月3日ニューヨークのローズランドボールルームでは、キッスの格好をして現れたりもした。この夜はまた、スコットウェイランドが初めてヘロインを試した一夜でもあった。これがその後10年にも亘り、バンド内に緊張をもたらすことになったのだ。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Former STP frontman Scott Weiland just recently embarked on the second leg of his “Purple at the Core” tour with his solo band, The Wildabouts. He recently had the chance to chat with Alan Sculley of HamptonRoads to reminiscence on STP's early days and provide a hint at what's to come for his solo career. When inquired about the band's disparate recording of their 2010 reunion album, Weiland said “No, we weren't hanging out much.” He noted that life in the band changed after the release of “Purple” in 1994. “That's kind of when it stopped. We were all chummy and all that up until then.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Scott Weiland is extending his ‘Purple at the Core’ tour dates into the late summer. The rocker, who has been on the road for most of the year with his solo band the Wildabouts, will continue to perform music from Stone Temple Pilots two most successful records — ‘Core’ and ‘Purple.’ His continuing usage of Stone Temple Pilots music in his shows has been a thorn in the side of his former bandmates, who sued Weiland earlier this spring. They claimed that he sabotaged the band's attempts at a 20th anniversary tour in support of the ‘Core’ record and was trying to gain all the glory by scheduling his own dates singing the songs from the record. They also claimed that doing so violated a legal agreement the band had signed about the best interest of the band. ※『Scott Weiland』は人物名、『Stone Temple Pilots』『the Wildabouts』はバンド名、『Core』『Purple』はアルバム名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

In July, a tour was announced featuring both bands in a pairing that's oddly appropriate: in 2006 Patrick played in a supergroup with Dean and Robert DeLeo of STP, called Army Of Anyone. Bennington, with his band Linkin Park, used to cover “Wish” live; the video for the Grammy-winning Nine Inch Nails song featured Patrick on guitar. The two sat down with The Hollywood Reporter before the bands' Sept. 9 bow in Boston to talk about the tour, new music, working with the DeLeo brothers, and why Bennington is a good fit for STP.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

STP fired Weiland in February after reuniting with him in 2010 for a series of tours and one self-titled album. The band had previously been on hiatus since 2002, primarily due to the singer's struggles with drugs and alcohol. In an open letter on the band's web site, STP told fans that the purpose of their lawsuit was "not to hurt Scott. We want to move forward productively, and Scott's choices and actions have prevented us from doing that." ※ 『STONE TEMPLE PILOTS(STP)』はバンド名、『Scott Weiland』は人物名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Asked where everything stands with Weiland right now, Dean told 93X: "I just can't believe it even went to this [us suing each other]. "Anybody he was affiliated with or anything kind of just left us for dead; they kind of had their minds made up that we were… Scott was the singer, Scott was this and that.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

SCOTT WEILAND Says His Former Bandmates In STP Will Have To 'Buy Him Out' Of Company On August 22, Chad Tyson of the 98.7 The Gater radio station in West Palm Beach, Florida conducted an interview with former STONE TEMPLE PILOTS singer Scott Weiland. You can now listen to the chat below. Speaking about his legal battle with his former bandmates over the use of the STONE TEMPLE PILOTS name, Weiland said: "We're in litigation. There's a band agreement, a band contract agreement. They didn't follow the rules that were set down as to… for any member, if you were to… There has to be a reason for letting go a member, you have to give them a certain period of time to deal with it whatever different ways you want them to do. But it's just ridiculous, 'cause they can't use the name with me not being in the band without us coming to an agreement. So I just don't really see that… They'll have buy me out of the company, because I have major value in the company and in the brand. So that's where we're at. The lawyers will deal with it."

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Basically it was the same thing all over again. In this situation it's like, I don't know what the terms of your own personal contract was, but I was unlawfully fired. We had specific rules in our contract on how it has to be done, and it wasn't followed.” On the problems in STP last year: “There were financial things we were dealing with, and I also felt on a creative level that we needed to take a break. I felt like we were playing the same set over and over and over. We were supposed to do a big big release of the box set for the 20th anniversary of Core and go on tour in the summer of 2012 and play Core in its entirety which is an idea we got from a couple other bands, namely Weezer. It was hugely successful, and for us to do that with Core, the offers we were getting were amazing, and they didn't want to do it. There was a lot of promotion that would have had to take place. So that didn't happen, so we ended up playing the greatest hits set, which was basically the same version of the set we had been playing since 2008 when we got back together.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

After your 19 city tour, in support of “Detour”, what’s next for Cyndi? I am currently busy with Detour release. Then there is the tour coming in May to support the album. We just announced the second leg of the tour for the West Coast which will keep me busy till the fall. I will be in UK & Europe this summer, then also making plans to tour Japan and Australia in 2017. I am working on another musical which I am pretty excited about. Kinky Boots is keeping me quite the busy too, Kinky Boots just won 3 Oliver Awards for the West End production and it’s opening in Australia, Japan, Germany, Sweden and is already in Toronto and Seoul so I need to stay on top of that. Of course I have my family to take care of so it’s a pretty full life. 長文ですが、宜しくお願い致します。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Dean explained that they wanted to be able to fulfill their commitment through the band too. He said: "Robert, Eric [Kretz, drums] and I, we want to be able to come to town and give you everything we've got and it was getting to a point where we were unable to do that." STP will release the new EP through their own label. It will contain five songs, including the previously released "Out Of Time". STP fired Weiland in February after reuniting with him in 2010 for a series of tours and one self-titled album. The band had previously been on hiatus since 2002, primarily due to the singer's struggles with drugs and alcohol.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Dean explained that they wanted to be able to fulfill their commitment through the band too. He said: "Robert, Eric [Kretz, drums] and I, we want to be able to come to town and give you everything we've got and it was getting to a point where we were unable to do that." STP will release the new EP through their own label. It will contain five songs, including "Out Of Time". STP fired Weiland in February after reuniting with him in 2010 for a series of tours and one self-titled album. The band had previously been on hiatus since 2002, primarily due to the singer's struggles with drugs and alcohol.