Rock Bandの奇跡的な成功と40代のメンバーの競争

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Rock Bandは、40代のメンバーによる近代的なロックバンドとして認識されるバンドの成功を収めた奇跡であり、大きな成功を収めました。
  • 年齢を重ねたメンバーが若い競争相手に対抗し、それでも成功を収めたRock Bandは、近代的なロックバンドの成功の象徴となりました。
  • Tommyは、Scottが再びバンドに参加する可能性についてはあまり話したがらないようです。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

翻訳をお願い致します。

“Rock Band, in my opinion, was a miracle, in a way. Because here we are, guys in our 40s, putting together a band that's gonna be [perceived] as a modern rock and roll band. And we achieved that. We were competing against much younger guys, we had a huge success with it,” he said. Tommy didn’t seem too keen on talking about whether Scott may ever join the band again though.

• tsf12
  • お礼率86% (1168/1348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.1

『私見だが、ロックバンドなんて奇跡さ、ある意味。 だってそうだろ、こんな40代のオッサン連中が集またバンドが未だに最新のロックンロールバンド だなんてさ。そりゃ成功はしたさ。俺たちより遥かに若い連中と競った挙句に大成功を 収めたってわけさ』 こう彼は言い放った。 だがトミーはスコットがバンドに再加入するかどうかという話になると、途端に舌鋒が鈍るのだった。

tsf12
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

As a huge fan of the band I really hope these rumors are not true and the band announce plans for a new album sometime in the next few months, but we’ll see. A fan recently had a great quote regarding Rock Band that really rings true. They’re one of the best rock bands out there, they just don't know it. Scott, Dean, Robert, and Eric, rock needs you making music!

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

We are the Wildabouts. We back up the best singer currently working in the rock and roll. Scott Weiland. ※ 『the Wildabouts』はバンド名、『Scott Weiland』は人物名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Stone Temple Pilots bassist Robert DeLeo discussed firing Scott Weiland in a new interview with NJ.com: “We had to do what we had to do,” says DeLeo. “Believe me, it wasn't something we enjoyed doing. We had a lot of great years with Scott, and we made amazing music together. But somewhere along the line, the vision was lost. “There's a book in there — a really good book. It was a difficult decision, and we wish Scott the best.” DeLeo also discussed rock's current state, “I'm just trying to carry the torch from the great bands I learned from. Hopefully, younger bands will take the torch from us. It all comes around.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Robert was also full of praise for his new bandmate, telling Pop-Break.com, "Chester is an amazing human being. "Coming in, we knew we wanted to do this right and sing our songs the way they were supposed to be sung and move forward as a band. "LINKIN PARK will always be his first priority and we respect that. "The guys in LINKIN PARK have been amazing with all this. "Everyone likes to be surrounded by amazing people. We have a great management team, everyone's excited and working hard. We've got a lot of work to do. "There's people out there that really don't like the fact Scott isn't in the band. We have to go out there and prove ourselves. Our goal is to play the best set of songs we can play and really make that count."

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Scott was basically in denial thinking it sounding great and the rest of the band basically said there's no way we can do Piece of Pie, Sin, Where the River Goes etc… So they said we’ll stick with the hits and the songs you can do. To their credit, they never went in the media and bashed Scott or said he couldn't sing stuff publicly, but I do remember at one point Kretz saying one guy in the band couldn't take criticism at all.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Then Scott lobbied and pushed really hard to do Core, and the band said “fine let's try them”. So they did. And Scott just couldn't pull it off. He just doesn't have that range anymore. So the band is saying “dude we can't do it, you can't sing it” and Scott was really defensive about it.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Guitarist Corey Hickok and keyboardist Britt Willits initially remained from Soi-Distant, and the lineup was rounded out by ¾ of the STP lineup we have come to know: Scott Weiland, Robert DeLeo, and drummer Eric Kretz. There was also a drummer named David Allin, a high school friend of Scott's, who played drums before Kretz. The details surrounding his time in the band are vague. Scott and Robert had seen Kretz performing with another band, and were impressed and immediately asked him to join their band. Kretz was from San Jose, California and attended Willow Glen High School. DeLeo eventually decided that they didn't need a keyboardist, and they became a four piece. The band were based in Hollywood but played in Los Angeles and Orange County. Swing had more of a funk and hard edged alternative rock sound than Soi-Distant, one of their early songs was called “Drop the Funk.” Dean, Robert's older brother, moved to San Diego in the mid 80's and became a successful businessman. He had given up the guitar, but helped out the early version of STP get some gigs down in San Diego.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

I felt like we were really dragging the brand through the mud, I did not want to end up like a classic rock band. Even though we were ‘classic’ we lasted where other bands had not. I wanted us to still be relevant, and to remain relevant you have to remain creatively relevant. To do that, you have to still make records. So I felt like we needed to take some time off and make a record. I was under the impression that was how everyone felt, because after having a few conversations with guys in the band, I felt we were all in that same place and same mode. Then nothing ever happened, we didn't get together and start working on music. So it goes on and on.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

By 1990, Robert told Scott that Corey Hikock had to go and they needed a new guitarist. While Scott was hesitant to fire his close friend from the band, deep down he knew they needed a different guitarist. Corey cried when told the news, but he understood why they had to do it. The guys convinced Robert's brother Dean to join them, and in their first ever jam session with him they wrote the 8-minute epic “Where The River Goes,” which later ended up on the band's debut album Core. By 1990, the band's name was Mighty Joe Young. They began recording demos in mid 1990, with the initial demos leaning more on the band's funk influences from their previous incarnation as Swing.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

“We didn't ever really see Scott; he rode in his own bus and the band kept themselves apart right up until they were about to get on stage,” Anthony explained. “The DeLeo's and Eric are just incredible guys; they would hang out and the dynamic was great. Between them and Scott is a whole different story and that doesn't come as news to anyone. Whatever potential drama was occurring, I stayed out of it and I never really knew what exactly was going on. What I do know is whenever they got on stage it was the real deal and Scott is one hell of a frontman.”