Stone Temple Pilots Bassist Discusses Firing Scott Weiland

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Stone Temple Pilots bassist Robert DeLeo opens up about the difficult decision of firing Scott Weiland.
  • DeLeo reflects on the great years and amazing music they made together with Weiland.
  • He also talks about the current state of rock music and hopes that younger bands will carry the torch.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

翻訳をお願い致します!

Stone Temple Pilots bassist Robert DeLeo discussed firing Scott Weiland in a new interview with NJ.com: “We had to do what we had to do,” says DeLeo. “Believe me, it wasn't something we enjoyed doing. We had a lot of great years with Scott, and we made amazing music together. But somewhere along the line, the vision was lost. “There's a book in there — a really good book. It was a difficult decision, and we wish Scott the best.” DeLeo also discussed rock's current state, “I'm just trying to carry the torch from the great bands I learned from. Hopefully, younger bands will take the torch from us. It all comes around.”

• tsf12
  • お礼率86% (1168/1348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.1

Stone Temple Pilots bassist Robert DeLeo discussed firing Scott Weiland in a new interview with NJ.com: ストーン・テンプル・パイロッツのベーシスト、ロバート・デリオはNJドットコムの最新インタビューで解雇されたスコット・ウェイランドについて語った。 “We had to do what we had to do,” says DeLeo. “Believe me, it wasn't something we enjoyed doing. We had a lot of great years with Scott, and we made amazing music together. But somewhere along the line, the vision was lost. 『我々はやるべきことをやっただけだ』デリオは言う。 『本当のことを言うと、もう楽しんでやれない原因があったんだ。スコットとはホントに長いことやってきたし、驚くような音楽を作ってきたんだ。でもあるときから目標を失ってしまったんだ』 “There's a book in there — a really good book. It was a difficult decision, and we wish Scott the best.” 『脚本があるんだ。非常によく出来た脚本がね。苦渋の選択だったけど、スコットの健闘を祈ってるさ』 DeLeo also discussed rock's current state, “I'm just trying to carry the torch from the great bands I learned from. Hopefully, younger bands will take the torch from us. It all comes around.” デリオはさらにロックの現状について語った。 『偉大なバンドから学んだことを松明として継承して行きたいんだ。願わくば若いバンドたちが俺たちから、松明を引き継いでくれるといいんだけど。因果は巡るもんだからね』

tsf12
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Stone Temple Pilots’ DeLeo brothers were interviewed by Banana 101.5 and for the first time they candidly discussed their decision to fire Scott Weiland. Below are some excerpt quotes from the interview regarding Weiland: Robert: “…that kind of led us … I think you get to a point in your life where your BS meter starts running down to a certain kind of tolerance. It wasn't just a musical decision or a business decision it was a quality of life decision and that really what it's about…” Dean: “We want to be able to fulfill our commitment through the band too. Robert, Eric and I, we want to be able to come to town and give you everything we've got and it was getting to a point where we were unable to do that. Robert: “We're gonna be able to do material that we weren't able to do and I think from seeing what you saw with Scott — I think you know what I mean. We're gonna be able to perform stuff that we've been dying to perform for a long time.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Stone Temple Pilots’DeLeo brothers were interviewed on WJRR a few days ago. Robert DeLeo discussed STP's departure from Atlantic Records: “We were on Atlantic for 20 years, it was an honor. You think Atlantic Records, you think of Ahmet Ertegun, you think of all of the R&B they did, you think of the Stones, Zeppelin, and Yes. All these great bands and all this great legacy of what Atlantic entailed. It was an honor to be on that label. But I think as time has gone by, the music business is different now, I think there's more freedom to do what you really want to. What we want to do is get the music directly to the people to buy, that's really the intention here.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Basically it was the same thing all over again. In this situation it's like, I don't know what the terms of your own personal contract was, but I was unlawfully fired. We had specific rules in our contract on how it has to be done, and it wasn't followed.” On the problems in STP last year: “There were financial things we were dealing with, and I also felt on a creative level that we needed to take a break. I felt like we were playing the same set over and over and over. We were supposed to do a big big release of the box set for the 20th anniversary of Core and go on tour in the summer of 2012 and play Core in its entirety which is an idea we got from a couple other bands, namely Weezer. It was hugely successful, and for us to do that with Core, the offers we were getting were amazing, and they didn't want to do it. There was a lot of promotion that would have had to take place. So that didn't happen, so we ended up playing the greatest hits set, which was basically the same version of the set we had been playing since 2008 when we got back together.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

ROBERT DELEO SAYS STP WERE ‘HEARTBROKEN’ THAT SCOTT WEILAND'S ‘PEOPLE’ ALIENATED HIM FROM BAND Robert DeLeo spoke candidly about Stone Temple Pilots’ decision to fire Scott Weiland in a recent interview with Kerrang. “It was such a tough decision. I mean, who fires the singer of their band?! We just wanted to make music, but it seemed to me like Scott fell out of love with rock'n'roll quite some time ago. That's my view, looking at his performances. I wish things could've been different, but at least now with Chester, when we go somewhere to play a show, we don’t have to sit here worrying and wondering if we're actually going to play or not.” “Dean, Eric and myself tried very hard to be good friends for the last 20 years. I love the guy but, the truth is, I haven't even had Scott's phone number for..(pauses) eight years. That cell number was for his people only. We had to go through them to speak to our friend. No doubt they were telling him things about us, but y’know what the honest truth was? We were heartbroken.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

We didn't sound like the Beatles, but we took that blueprint and the idea of being a band. Sure, there are some bands that have one sound and do it really well. But we looked at the idea of the Beatles and thought to really do it right, we had to evolve. We had to go into a cocoon every once in a while and come out as a butterfly and not an ugly moth.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Filter frontman Richard Patrick & new Stone Temple Pilots frontman Chester Bennington talk about Scott Weiland and playing with the DeLeos for the first time in a new interview with The Hollywood Reporter Patrick: Army of Anyone was a completely separate outside band. We wanted to take the DeLeo brothers to my sound design and we did a lot of that, but I went at it so that under no circumstances could I be compared to Scott Weiland. I had to sing everything high and I wanted to sing way up there because Scott's a baritone and the moment you start singing baritone stuff… so I was adamant that they stay in the key of drop D because that's where my voice likes to hang out. I kept saying things like, “I wanna rock. I wanna do really fast, exciting stuff!” Bennington: They had decided to move forward without Scott, and were talking about who they wanted to move forward with. My name got brought up … and I was like, “Fuck yeah!” I didn't even think about it. It was like a dog looking at a squirrel, getting instantly excited and wanting to chase it.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

On being fired from STP: “Emotionally it's really hard to wrap your head around, because I grew up with them my entire adulthood. At least with Robert. Corey and I called Robert to see if he was interested in joining our band, creating a new one really because the only other band I had been in was the high school one I had formed with Corey. We had bigger aspirations, we had known Robert as a bass player, we knew he was a really good bass player. So we located him and found where he was living. We made the phone call, and we started out just writing some songs, and then we built the band from there and moved up to Hollywood. It was a long thing. On an emotional level it hurts.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Slash Reveals How Axl Rose Is ‘Channeling’ Scott Weiland “If you got a hold of an old set list from 2016, you saw there was a set list and then there was an alternate set, which was just songs that we could do audibles with [and] move shit around. It was on there, and the band actually jammed it way early on just to get the groove together and all that. But it just never came up. Then, when we went into rehearsals for the European tour, Axl [Rose, vocals] came in [and went], ‘Let’s try ‘Slither’.’ It was never even something that we’ve talked about, but hearing Axl do it, considering he’s channeling a little bit of Scott in that, and then Duff and I sort of having been with that song since its inception, the three of us doing it together was very cool. I couldn’t put a verbal description of that feeling, but that was cool.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

STP didn't start working with Chester Bennington until a month ago. Dean DeLeo said that Chester was the only choice to replace Scott Weiland, there was nobody else in mind. Robert said there is a chemistry between this new incarnation of the band.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

In the above video, Stone Temple Pilots guitarist Dean DeLeo says the band's communication with Scott Weiland began to break down in 1994. He said things have always been good between himself, Robert, and Eric but that after continually trying to make things work with Scott, he couldn't take any more. DeLeo said, “There's only so much [you can do]. I can go to my grave saying I gave it my all.”