The Paradox of Arranged Marriages

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Arranged marriages often start with marrying someone you are attracted to but do not love yet.
  • In arranged marriages, the wedding is just the beginning of a relationship marked by hope.
  • Mutual respect, realistic expectations, and compromise are crucial in making a marriage work.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

Paradoxically, it is the first factor - marring someone you do not love yet (but are attracted to ) that leads to the second one. In arranged marriages, the wedding is seen not as the concluding point, but only the beginning of a relationship that is marked more by hope than by expectation. Where couples in a "romantic" marriage might find the reality of everyday life a comedown after the excitement of the courtship period, the courtship dance in arranged marriages begins only after the wedding ceremony. As many South Asians with experience in this matter will enthusiastically tell you, this leads to the couple falling in love.    Are all arranged marriages successful? No more than all romantic marriages are. But, ultimately, what makes a marriage work is not how it began but what makes a marriage work is not how it began but what you do with it. Mutual respect, realistic expectations and a willingness to compromise may, in the long run, be more important than all the undying promises made in moments of passion. Marriage is a long race; it is learning the other's gait as you go. What matters is whether you are able to find a common rhythm.

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.2

#1.です。第2段落冒頭部分に訂正です。 見合い結婚は、全て、上手く行くのでしょうか?恋愛結婚が、全て、上手く【行かない ⇒ 行くとは限らない】のと同じです。 【 】内を訂正します。失礼しました。

その他の回答 (1)

• sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.1

逆説的に言えば、それは、第2の要素につながる第1の要素、すなわち、愛してはいない(が、魅力を感じている)人との結婚、なのです。見合い結婚では、結婚は、ゴールではなく、期待よりも希望の印が付いた関係の始まりにすぎないと見なされます。「恋愛」結婚で誕生した夫婦は、求愛期間の興奮状態の後、日常生活の現実を期待はずれと思うかもしれませんが、見合い結婚での求愛のダンスは、結婚式の後でようやく始まるのです。こうしたことの経験のある南アジアの人々の多くが、熱心に語るように、このこと(結婚後に愛情を育むこと)が、愛し合う夫婦を生み出すことになるのです。 見合い結婚は、全て、上手く行くのでしょうか?恋愛結婚が、全て、上手く行かないのと同じです。しかし、結局は、結婚を上手く機能させるものは、結婚の始まり方ではなく、結婚にどの様に対処してゆくかなのです。お互いに対する尊敬、現実的な期待、妥協しようという心構えが、長い目で見れば、情熱の最中になされた永遠の約束全てよりも大切なのかもしれません。結婚は、長距離レースです;それは、歩みながら相手の足取りを知ることなのです。大切なことは、共通の足取りを見出せるかどうかです。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたに。 お願いできますでしょうか? 1文節の後半部分です。 ちぐはぐですが、よろしくお願いいたします。 There will be may be obstacles to the marriage or relationship between you initially. Things will happen much more slowly than you really want. In his own life he it will seem to him that things have always happened slow, or at a later time for him than for most people, that his struggle has been harder and longer. Including the struggle to find love. The courtship and wedding ceremony may come within a two year period of sorrows and tragedies in the soul mates life. It will be not be lavish but it will be a nice ceremony., that feels exactly right for you. This will be a lasting marriage. He is a partner for whom marriage and love become a duty and commitment. With Saturn in the seventh house it is generally more favorable for marriages later in life than in youth. But if you become unhappy or tire of this union and then wish to be free of it. It will be in your own hands to separate and divorce. Divorce will not follow if the action for it rests in the hand of the soul mate.

• 英語の和訳

1:In a society where change is not uncommon for every generation to experience a generation gap. 2:It is heartles of him to say such a thing to the sick man. 3:I can't think of what to say in English in this situation. 4:In order to save fuel,people are driving smaller cars. 5:Everyone spoke very quietly in order not to wake the baby. 和訳をお願いします

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

In many part of South Asia, arranged ,arranged marriages have been modernized to suit the needs of a changing Westernized generation. When I asked him why, one young Indian-American man said, "My parents are the two people in the world who know me best, both my strength and my weaknesses. Why wouldn't I want their input in the most important decision of my life?" After a moment, he added, "The alternative doesn't seem to work that well, does it?"  He had a point. There are fewer divorces in arranged marriages, although I wonder if he realized that many complicated social factors- from the presence of extensive family support and counseling to the ostracism a divorced woman would encounter - account for this.

• この英文を和訳して頂けますか?

imagine having the confidence of everybody around you for what it is you are about to do. 「a thousand paths to confidence」という本の一節ですが、what 以下が うまく訳せません。what you are about to do.であれば「あなたがしようとしていること」になると思うのですが、 間にある「it is」が何を指すのか、どう訳したらいいのかが今ひとつ理解できないのです。よろしくお願いします。

• 日本語に訳してください!

翻訳できる方宜しくお願いします。 The house of courtship shows that you will have a long slow rather traditional and conservative courtship, which will be neither wildly passionate nor very unusual. You have great control over your feelings, or they may be difficult to awaken to the fullest extent. However when your affections are awakened you will become remarkably attached. There is sometimes with this sign a delay or hindrance to the marriage. But a conventional marriage and engagement is always offered. Even if one has to wait for the hindrance to cleared. You are ambitious in love, and may dream of bettering yourself through love and marriage. You are careful about honor and reputation in the courtship, and the courtship will lead on to a traditional marriage, which will advance you in some practical way or will make you more popular or accepted socially, in the circle you want to move in. Your life and fate will be strengthened in some way by the courtship marriage.

• 和訳お願いします!

次の英文の和訳お願いします(>_<) His jaw is set hard. Comments like "It is not what you said but the way that you said it," or "Why did you say it like that?" or "Obviously it's not nothing; something's wrong," are responses to metamessage of talk. Such requests as "Skip the small talk," "Get to the point," or "Why don't you say what you mean?" may seem to be reasonable. お願いします。

• 和訳希望

和訳をしていただけるかたのみで お願いできますでしょうか? 3つの段落になっています。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Neptune is the planet of mystery and illusions. He represents not so much love but the dream of love. The things we glamorize or romanticize in our life. It is time now to end the reading and to close the curtains across the nights mysterious sky, draw the blind once again on the future. I can if you wish tell you more about your future soul mate. Soul mate three is available and highly recommended. Soul Mate Three and Soul Mate Four are the remaining chapters in the series of Soul Mate readings. Soul mate three is a long volume like this reading. It will add the finishing detail to the picture portrait. And tell you of his hobbies and interests. It will tell you, what you can expect of his of his health prospect. It will tell you of your courtship together, and touches on details not covered in this reading.

• 和訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳して いただけるかたのみで、 お願いできますでしょうか? またお金の話題かもしれませんが・・ どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Your marriage chart shows that your future partner will be giving and will sustain you emotionally, giving you what you need in a person. He will feed your dreams, your ambitions and soul. He will take your loneliness with fill it with security. The ruling planet of your house of marriage also suggest that money will have an important influence on the future of the marriage and courtship. This could be either in a negative or positive way, as money can make the path smoother, and the marriage quicker, but lack of it can cause the path of love to be delayed or harder or cause it to take much longer to be able to actually afford to get married or live together. So the material side of the relationship will have an influence in the beginning. But don’t worry money will come to you through your future marriage. You’ll will either marry a wealthy partner, who can provide or help provide for you, or else your partner even if poor in the beginning will become wealthy later on in the marriage and you’ll both benefit,

• 和訳が分かりません。

下記の訳なんですが分かりません。 What you have って、きれいに訳せません。 それに続く訳も合わせて教えてください。 So today what you have is what I call the middle 40 percent, the people who are not in the top 10 and who are not in the bottom 50, and what you can view as the wealth middle class that owns 20 to 30 percent of total wealth, national wealth, whereas they used to be poor, a century ago, when there was basically no wealth middle class.

• 和訳をお願いします。

Tell me what you like and I’ll tell you what you are. What is food to one man is bitter poison to others. Taste is the enemy of creativity. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.