Restaurant Conversation: Three Soups and One Fruit Juice

このQ&Aのポイント
  • A conversation in a restaurant where the speaker orders three soups and a fruit juice.
  • The waiter asks if there are any drinks for the rest of the group.
  • The meaning of 'with please and one fruit juice' is unclear.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

意味がわかりません。

質問: So that will be three soups to start with please and one fruit juice. 答え; Thank you, sir. And what about drinks for you all? -- CORRECT  前フリなしの いきなりのこの会話文で 状況を判断するのですが、 質問者は レストランの本日のテーブル担当のウェイター?か シェフか?で 「それ(コースメニュー)では、前菜の(はじめるためのスープ という訳をとったので)3種のスープ(選べて)あり、 ****ここからがわかりません、 『with please and one fruit juice.』 一つフルーツジュースがつくことはわかります。が please が・・・ with→[様態の副詞句を導いて] …を示して,…して 《★【変換】 ‐ly の形に書き換え可能のものがある》. ってやつで 「よろこんで、(そういうサービスを用意してます。)」みたいな意味でしょうか?   答え: では、「ありがとうございます。 そして あなた達みんなに 飲み物なんてどうですか?」 で あってますか?     なんだか 前後の様子を考えると 気前のよいお客なんだか?   私がとんちんかんな訳をとっているのか?   わかっていません。  よろしくおねがいいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数6
  • ありがとう数6

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.6

西洋料理はコースでいただくものですが、超豪華なディナーはともかく、普通は、まずスープか前菜、それからメインディッシュと、二品ぐらい注文するのが普通です。 その時は、例えば、 I'd like ○○ to start with, and ○○ for the main (course), please. 「まず○○をいただいて、メインディッシュは○○にします」 のように注文します。 to start withは、そういうこと。 So that will be three soups to start with please 「そういうことだから、まずスープが3つね」 前振りなしということですが、いきなりSo (だから)で会話が始まることは考えにくい。 この会話の前に、3人のお客さんがスープを注文しているはずです。 and one fruit juice. ジュースは多分、子供の分ですね。 4人目が赤ちゃんで、「この子は沢山は食べられないから、ジュースね」ということか、 あるいは、3人のうちの一人が元気の良いお子様で、「僕、ジュース!僕、ジュース!」とフライングで注文してしまったのでしょう。 普通は、ここでメインディッシュの注文をとりそうなものですが、 And what about drinks for you all? 「それで、みなさんは何をお飲みになりますか?」 と来ましたか。 メインディッシュが決まっていないのに、ワインは決められませんから、私ならここは Give us a large bottle of water, without gas, please. 「炭酸抜きのミネラルウォーターの大きいボトルを持って来て下さい」 とでも言うところでしょう。 というか、メインディッシュの注文取れよ!! かなり変なところもありますが、ウェイター・ウェイトレスとの会話です。

rinrin717
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 皆さんの回答をいただいて かなりかなり すっきりしてきました。  へ、へんな 会話っ!!  しかし そこがTOEICだとみられているのか???   ともかく 想像の翼を身の丈以上に伸ばさないといけないようですね、 う~~~ん めげずにがんばります。 またよろしくお願いいたします。 

その他の回答 (5)

回答No.5

レストランでのウェイターと客のやりとりとすると(1)が客の発言、(2)がそれに対するウェイターの応答です。ご質問ではwith please and one fruit juiceと区切られていますが、そのため本文の意味がつかめなくなっているわけです。このwithはstartにくっついてstart with(~でスタートする)の意味です。すなわちthree soups to start withで『スタートのスープ3つ』となります。 そのあとのplease は言うまでもなく注文する時のpleaseです。 1): So that will be three soups to start with please and one fruit juice. 『それじゃ、始めにスープ3つ、お願いします。それとフルーツジュースを一つ。』 2) Thank you, sir. And what about drinks for you all? -- CORRECT 『ありがとうございます。それと皆さん全員にお飲み物(カクテル、ワイン等のお酒のこと)でも?ですね!』

rinrin717
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 初めの文を ウェイターと思いこんでたので よけいにごじゃごじゃになってしまった気がします。 PLEASEの前にカンマをつけてほしかった・・・・・ 外国人向けのTOEIC練習サイトのようなんですが、けっこうpunctuationがいい加減のようで・・す・・・。

noname#194660
noname#194660
回答No.4

あくまでも予想ですが、 質問: So that will be three soups to start with please and one fruit juice. 'start with'を「 ~から始める」と訳します。 「スープ3皿からもってきてください。それと、フルーツジュース1つ、お願いします。」 答え; Thank you, sir. And what about drinks for you all? -- CORRECT 「ありがとうございます。他の皆様の飲み物のご注文はいかがなさいますか?」 レストラン従業員は、フルーツジュースを頼んだ人以外のお客さんの注文を尋ねています。 特に無料サービスということではありません。

rinrin717
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 初めの文が お客で 後の文が ウェイターということですね、なるほど・・・それなら意味が通る気がします。 3人いる客のなかで ジュースが一つだけだったので、全てのかたがたのお飲み物は? と聞いたのだと。 なるほど。なるほど。

• Gracies
  • ベストアンサー率45% (150/332)
回答No.3

なんだか、お腹が、ガボガボというか、チャプンチャップンになりそうだ。    要するに、メニューの内容をウェイターに聞いたら、「三種類のスープンのどれかから始めて、次に、一杯のフルーツジュースを飲んで」なんて説明されるもんだから、「あっ、そう。(うひゃ~という意味も含んだから、very muchはなく、単に、あっそう位の意味のThank youかもね。)それで、飲み物は、全部なんでしょ?(それ以上は、出ないよねっていう意味を込めて)」って言ってるんじゃないの?  

rinrin717
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。 参考になりました。

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.2

> So that will be three soups to start with please and one fruit juice. > Thank you, sir. And what about drinks for you all? -- CORRECT  よく分からないのですが、私の理解した範囲を書いてみます。   -- 初めにスープ3杯と、野菜ジュースを1杯お願いします。   -- ありがとうございます。みなさまのお飲み物はいかがなされますか?  please に少し戸惑いますが、おそらく 「・・・ をお願いします」 という意味で入れてあるのかな、と思いました。  答えの方の末尾にある CORRECT が大文字である意味、またなぜそんなところに置かれているのかは分かりませんん。

rinrin717
質問者

お礼

とても不備な書き方をしてしまっているのに 回答いただきありがとうございます。 答えをそれっぽいことを選ぶ TOEICの練習問題のなかからの抜粋で、下の文が 正解!と出ていたのです。 すみません、消しておくべきでした。 しかし これだけで なんのこっちゃかわからず、複数選択しはもっと関係ない返答が沢山なので、 わからなくなってしまったのです。

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

to start with 「まず、手初めに」と言う意味ですから。   1。質問     「そうすると、差し当たってスープが三つ、フルーツジュースが一人ってところかな」  2。答え     「 有り難うございます。で皆さんにお飲物(=アルコールの)ということで、よろしいですか?」    普通は飲まない人も居れば、ワインにうるさいの、ブルボンは何があるか等々なので、アルコール類の希望を一人一人に聞くと思います。    1の質問は、注文の一部をさしあたり言っている訳で、アントレはまた後ほど注文する、と言うつもりでしょう。

rinrin717
質問者

お礼

いつもありがとうございます。 なるほど。 なるほど。 とっても参考になりました。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の翻訳をお願い致します!!

Yes I really really would love to go and see you in japan! I hope I can!! Dinner , drinks, sightseeing , spending one with you , laying down with you sounds like a great happy vacation!!!! I look forward to it!! Sorry I know it's early bit I wanted to be the first one to tell you !!!!

• 和訳お願いします

has a diferents styles incide it with a lot urban culture Beautiful and very nice atmósfera I,m chef and I want to open again one rest of fuxion cusine in where the nikei style is my favorite

• 英語でメールがきたのですが、以下の意味がわかりません。

英語でメールがきたのですが、以下の意味がわかりません。 シチュエーションはある商品を取り扱っているかを聞いたら、下記の答えが返ってきました。 そのなかで、訳し方がわからにところがありました。 ⇒Where is your company based out of, ここの部分はどのように訳したらいいのでしょうか? Edgar Pro is a product that does allow you to set filing alerts for companies and specific forms. Where is your company based out of, and how many individuals need to use the service? The cost is $899 for each user for one year. There is also a discount for multiple users. Please email or call me with any further questions. よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入しようとしています。できれば日本で購入したいので、日本に代理店はありますか?と質問したら返事が来ました。すみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか?? Please be patient as we’ll have an answer for you soon. Currently, no one has an exclusive distribution in Japan, we would like to establish a distributor in Japan soon so we will be discussing many factors and will provide you with additional information.

• メールの意味を教えてください

2012/01/30 (月)に受信してたメールなのですが、 英文で意味が分からないので教えてください。 メールの内容は --------------------------------------------------------------------- Dear Google user, We're getting rid of over 60 different privacy policies across Google and replacing them with one that's a lot shorter and easier to read. Our new policy covers multiple products and features, reflecting our desire to create one beautifully simple and intuitive experience across Google. We believe this stuff matters, so please take a few minutes to read our updated Privacy Policy and Terms of Service at http://www.google.com/policies. These changes will take effect on March 1, 2012. One policy, one Google experience --------------------------------------------------------------------- と書いてあり、翻訳すると、 拝啓、グーグル・ユーザ、 私たちはグーグルを横切って60以上の異なるプライバシー・ポリシーを取り除いており、ずっと短く、読むのがより簡単な一つにそれらを取り替えています。 私たちの新しい政策は、グーグルを横切って1つの美しく単純で直観的な経験を生み出す私たちの望みを反映して、多数の製品および特徴をカバーします。 私たちはこの材料を問題と考えて、したがって、http://www.google.com/policiesで私たちの最新のプライバシー・ポリシーおよび利用規約を読むために数分をとってください。 これらの変更は2012年3月1日に効果を現わすでしょう。 とのことですが、結局なんなのでしょうか? ただのお知らせですか?

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい<(_ _)>

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。1個10円ぐらいなので大量に購入予定です。 いつもの担当者がいなくなってその事などについても返事が来ています。英語にお詳しい方ぜひ教えて下さい。お願いします<(_ _)> Thanks for your email. I am aware of you as customer as becki spoke about you couple of times. Unfortunately becki left us couple of weeks ago. Please send your emails to AAA and BBB so that one of the girls will process the order for you. Their email addresses are AAA@and BBB@ Please copy me in all your emails so that I can make sure the enquiries are dealt with. We can consider giving you exclusivity for Japanese market provided you give us business plan. How much do you spend per month at the moment? Please send us the big order you are referring to.

• 和訳を教えて下さい。(会話文です。)

和訳を教えて下さい。(会話文です。) <At the sushi bar> Chef:Irasshai! Susan:What are you going to have? Peter:I'm not sure. Don't forget that this is my first time. Chef:I recommend that you start with white fish,because it has a light taste,and gradually move on to stronger tasting fish. Then you could finish with the egg topping. Peter:In that case,I'll start with flatfish,please. Susan:Could you make me something low in calories? Chef:Would you like to try the octopus? Susan:That sounds good.

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。ほしい商品について在庫の質問をしていました。すみませんが意味を教えて頂けませんか?お願い致します。 Hi I have these AAA at our office in the US, if you are interested I can give you 5% off these AAA below, these are one time prices since they were shipped to my office in the US and I don’t want to ship them back so I am offering them at a huge discount please let me know if you are interested. I also have a lot of other popular styles with only 2-5 in each style such as the Mansur AAA style, 1111 luggage and phantom styles, and many 2222 quilted AAA styles including boy please let me know if you are interested. Please see below, I can order the AAA for you however the below are the MOQ for the AAA, if you are interested and you can order the MOQ I can give you 5% off retail prices. This is a special price since you would have to order a bit more but please let me know if you are interested, the blank ones we can no longer order for you.

• 英文翻訳をお願いします。

At the Battle of Mons the BEF had some 80,000 men, comprising the Cavalry Division, an independent cavalry brigade and two corps, each with two infantry divisions. I Corps was commanded by Sir Douglas Haig and was composed of the 1st and 2nd Divisions. II Corps was commanded by Sir Horace Smith-Dorrien and consisted of the 3rd and 5th Divisions. Each division had 18,073 men and 5,592 horses, in three brigades of four battalions. Each division had twenty-four Vickers machine guns – two per battalion – and three field artillery brigades with fifty-four 18-pounder guns, one field howitzer brigade of eighteen 4.5-inch howitzers and a heavy artillery battery of four 60-pounder guns.

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

Amazonで買い物をしたのですけども、いつもと違うメールが来ました。簡単で結構ですので意味を教えて下さい。 ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー Thank you for purchasing from Amazon.co.uk. Your recent order 202-4612587-0000000 entitles you to a promotional credit which we have added to your account. This credit can be applied to your next qualifying purchase. Promotion details: Additional information on this offer can be found here. As you spent £10 or more in our Toys, Games or Baby store, we have given you £2 to spend on any MP3 album with Amazon MP3. The credit has already been redeemed against your account and it will be automatically applied to your next MP3 album purchase (one £2 credit available per customer). Downloading music is quick and easy, and downloads work with iTunes, Windows Media Player, MP3 players (including iPods and iPads), and mobile phones (including iPhone, Android and Blackberry devices). We’re sure you’ll find something great to listen to. Please note: only customers in the UK are able to use the £2 MP3 credit as the Amazon.co.uk downloads service is only available to customers in the UK. Happy listening! Amazon MP3 The promotion code must be used by 31 May 2012. This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions. Thanks again for shopping with us. Amazon.co.uk