英文を訳す:意味を理解し文章にする方法

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 英文を訳す際、単語の意味を辞書で調べるだけでは的確な文章を作ることはできません。以下の方法を参考にして、適切な表現を見つけましょう。
  • 彼が働くことを嫌がるので、彼に働かせる方法はありません。
  • 彼女の最近の本は、彼女の書く才能を示唆しています。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文を訳してください。

単語の意味は辞書で調べてわかったのですが、直訳になってしまうだけで的確な文章が作れません。宜しくお願いします。 (1) Nothing will make him work, the mere idea of work makes him shudder. (2) Her recently book suggests her talent for writing. (3) In Hawaii we had a splendid time, swimming in the blue sea and seeing various sights-the best trip we have ever had. (4) Strange as it may sound, the diamond is nothing but carbon in quality.

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.4

直訳はできているということのようなので、意訳してみました 彼を働かせることなんて、どうしたってできないよ。働くことを考えただけでぞっとするっていうんだもの。 最近出た彼女の本を読めば、彼女の作家としての才能が分かる。 ハワイでは、青い海で泳いだり色々観光したりして、すごく楽しかった。これまでで最高の旅行だったよ。 変に聞こえるかもしれないけど、ダイヤモンドって成分的には炭素でしかないんだよね。

yuugakun2
質問者

お礼

大変わかりやすかったです。 意訳するのって難しいものですね。 ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (3)

回答No.3

わ~ 2)間違えた 無視してください

回答No.2

1)彼は何としても働きたく無いのだった。働く事を想像しただけで身震いするほど嫌な気分になるのだった。(鳥肌がたった)     (筋金入りのニート君の話ですね) 2)最近 彼女はある本を読んで物を書く才能に目覚めたのだった。 3) ハワイに来れば素晴しい時が過ごせますよ。真っ青な海で泳いだり素晴しい景色を堪能したり、今までの旅行では出来なかったことが体験出来ますよ。 4) 奇妙に聞こえるかも知れませんがダイヤモンドは成分的には炭素(スミ)と全く同一の存在なのです。

yuugakun2
質問者

お礼

楽しくわかりやすく理解ができました^^ ありがとうございました。

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。  何をしても彼を働かせることは出来ない、働くとただ考えるだけで彼は震える。 2。  彼女の最近の本を見ると、(彼女には)文才のあることが分かる。 3。  ハワイは楽しかった、青い海で泳ぎ、あちこちの名所を見て回るなど、今までで最高の旅だった。 4。 おかしいと思うかもしれないが、ダイアモンドは質的には炭素に過ぎない。

yuugakun2
質問者

お礼

的確にご提示いただき、ありがとうございました。 なるほどっ!というように感心してしまいました!

関連するQ&A

• 英文構造について

どのような英文構造になっているかお教えください。 【英文】 With a documentary about him (※) nominated for an Oscar in 2010 and increasing worldwide interest in his work, we will certainly be seeing a lot more of Banksy in the future, whether we know his face or not. ※このhimはBanksyのことです。主にイギリスで活動されている覆面芸術家です。 increasing worldwide interest in his workが前のWith a documentary about him nominated for an Oscar in 2010とどのようにつながっているのかわかりません。 increasingが形容詞としてworldwide interestを前から修飾していたり、あるいはincreasingが動名詞としてworldwide interestを目的語に取っている場合、with~の後ろにいきなり名詞句がポツンと置かれた状態になり前とどうつながりがあるのかな、と思ってしまいました。 それとも前の付帯状況のwithとつながってwith a documentary ~ nominated ~ and increasing worldwide interestとなっているのでしょうか(「ドキュメンタリーがノミネートされ世界的な関心を高めている」)。 大変お手数かけますが、ご教授いただければ幸いです。なにとぞ宜しくお願いいたします。

• 英文についての質問

以下の英文についての質問です。 I was flying from San Francisco to Los Angeles. By the time we took off, there had been a 45 -minute delay and everybody on board was ticked. Unexpectedly, we stopped in Sacramento on the way. The flight attendant explained that there would be another 45-minute delay, and if we wanted to get off the aircraft, we would reboard in thirty minutes. Everybody got off the plane except one gentleman who was blind. I noticed him as I walked by and could tell he had flown before because his seeing eye dog lay quietly underneath the seats in front of him throughout the entire flight. I could also tell he had flown this very flight before because the pilot approached him and, calling him by name, said, "Keith, we’re in Sacramento for almost an hour. Would you like to get off and stretch your legs?" Keith replied, "No thanks, but maybe my dog would like to stretch his legs. Would you take him for me please?" Now picture this. All the people in the gate area came to a completely quiet standstill when they looked up and saw the pilot walk off the plane with a seeing eye dog! The pilot was even wearing sunglasses that day. People scattered not only trying to change planes but also trying to change airlines! 以下の箇所がわかりません。 *The flight attendant explained that there would be another 45-minute delay, and if we wanted to get off the aircraft, we would reboard in thirty minutes. 45分遅延します、もし航空機を降りたいなら30分でまた戻って来てください、というような意味ですか? *3段落目のNow picture this. の意味がわかりません。 *The pilot was even wearing sunglasses that day.の意味するところがわかりません。パイロットはサングラスさえかけていた、、、 よろしくお願います。

• 英文添削をお願いします!

英文添削をお願いします! 何度見てもハワイの海はすごーく綺麗! Whenever I see a sea of Hawaii, that's breathtakingly beautiful! ハワイでは島内観光をし、レイ作りにも初挑戦した。 でも殆ど毎日、観光がついているツアーだったので、行動自由できず、いまいちだった。 I took island tours in Hawaii, and I even tried lei making for the first time in my life. But, there were scheduled sight-seeing set up for every day, and I had no time to go places on my own, which made the trip a little disappointing. もうこれからは旅行会社が企画したツアーはやめて、自分達で好きなスケジュールを組みたいな。 From now I stop joining tour organized by a travel agency I'd like to take our own scheduling. でも、何だかんだ言っても、家族皆で行く旅行は、やっぱり楽しい! Any way family traveling is fun!

• 英文の文法解釈願い

以下の3つの文章について回答お願いいたします。  1What evidence suggests the possible popularity of this program?  2There was nothing those injured people could do but park the car by the roadside and wait for some help.  3This work is very doficult for us finish,so we would appreciate (whatever help) you can give. 1What evidence suggests the possibleまでの訳はわかりますが、possible popularity of this programをこのプログラムが人気となる可能性と訳しているのですが、ここがわかりません。特に副詞のpopularityをofで修飾するのは問題ないですか? 2はThere was nothing those injured people could doを怪我をした人は何もできないと訳しているのですがThere was nothing to doとかならわかるのですが、There was nothingだけでなぜ「できることがない」と訳すのでしょうか?またThere was nothingとthose injured people をずらっとならべているだけな感じがするのですが、関係代名詞などをいれる必要はないですか? 3については()が選択肢の問題でhelp thatがあるのですが、これはなぜだめなのでしょう? お願いします。

• 英文問題について質問させてください!!

英文問題について教えてください!! 説明が一切見当たらないので、意味が分かりません(>_<) ifやwouldやcouldやmightなどでつなげればいいのでしょうか?? 1 What if she hadn't gone to the mountains?(regret it) 2 What if your cousin had had an accident last weekend?(lie in hospital now) 3 What if your class tests hadn't been corrected?(we-get upset then) 4 What if there had been a hurricane?(our bungalow- be gone now) 5 What if you could speak Spanish?(work in Spain all last year) 6 What if he hadn't told the truth?(the police-put him in prison) 7 What if he had done it?(I-despise him for a long time now) 8 What if your parents had emigrated to America?(be given American citizenship) 9 What if you had studied zoology?(work in a zoo now) 10 What if your dream hadn't come true?(I not be rich) です。 どなたか分かる方、答えを教えてください!! よろしくお願いします!!!

• 英文がわかりません。

We walked round the new concrete verge of the old lake, and she continued the story of how she was led to give up general medical practice and take up psychology; and I looked at her as she spoke, through my dark glasses, and because of the softening effect these have upon things I saw her again as I had seen her looking up from the lake, and again as in my childhood. Muriel SparkのThe Dark Glassesからの英文です。 because of the softening effect these have upon things I saw her again as I had seen her looking up from the lake, and again as in my childhood.の英文がわからないのですが、 ●as I had seen her looking up from the lakeのasと as in my childhoodのasは、 「~のように」ですか? ●この英文は どのような構造になっているのでしょうか? because of the softening effect 、軟化効果のために、という出だしはわかるのですが。 前文は  "Must you wear those glasses?"  "Well, yes. The glare."  "The wearing of dark glasses," she said, "is a modern psychological phenomenon. It signifies the trend towards impersonalization, the weapon of the modern Inquisitor, it--"  "There's a lot in what you say." But I did not remove my glasses, for I had not asked for her company in the first place, and there is a limit to what one can listen to with the naked eye. となっています。 教えてください。 お願いします。

• 英文の解釈

二つの英文のに関してそれぞれ質問があります。 1 "One day, as he was bathing her, a bleb of shampoo had streamed into her eye, and she had kept a hand pressed to it for the rest of the day, quailing away from him whenever he walked past." この文で"a bleb of shampoo had streamed ..." 、"and she had kept..."の部分で過去完了形が使われているのは何故でしょうか。過去形の方がしっくりくるように感じます。 2 "If, after this, you can possibly want any further aid towards knowing what Sir Lionel was, we can tell you, that in his soul 'the scientific combinations of thought cound educe no fuller harmonies of the good and the true, than lay in the primaeval pulses which floated as an atomoshpere around it!'..." この文の比較の所が理解できません。 'the scientific...'の部分を読み進んでいくと、「思考の科学的な組み合わせ(?)が「何か」より豊かな善と真実の調和を引き出すという事はない」のような解釈が浮かんできました。ですが名詞だと思っていた「何か」の部分に"lay in"が来てしまって混乱しました。この"lay"は名詞でも無さそうだし、動詞だとしても意味が分かりません。 質問内容を上手く説明できたか自信がないのですが、何卒よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の構造を教えてください><

英作文の本に下のようなものがありました。 I don't believe her to have been lying when she denied having met him when she was living in Paris last year. 本では「去年パリにいる間彼には会わなかったという彼女の否定は嘘だとは思わない」という訳になっています。 構造はこのようになっていると捉えています。 I don't believe her to have been lying [when she denied having met him when she was living in Paris last year]. 時制が複雑でなかなか掴めずにいます。having metはdeniedより昔の話だから完了形になっているのでしょうか?それとももともと完了形だったものがdenyで進行形になっただけなのですか?having metがdeniedより昔だからと完了形になるならパリに住んでいたのも同時期なのでhad been livingになると思うのです。 ちょっと混乱しています。よろしくお願いします。

• 英文添削をお願いします

留学生が安心して日本の生活を楽しめるように、留学生の両親に英文メールを送りたいと思っています。内容が正しいか添削をお願いします。 We’re a host family for your daughter. We’re looking forward to seeing her. We have 3 daughters, who are younger than your daughter. They delight to get a new sister. First daughter who is 14 years old would like to talk with her a lot. Second who is 10 years old and third who is 8 years old would like to play with her a lot. We can’t speak English very well, but we’ll do to help her making a good memory in Japan. After deciding acceptance of foreign student from Canada, we found it little to know about Canada. This will be good experience for us, too. At last thought we’ll be careful of your daughters safe, let us know anything, if you have any her worries.

• 英文和訳

The thought of all the things he has to learn sometimes fills a student with despair. The mere sight of the thousands of strange words in an English dictionary sometimes paralyses the mind. Yet if we are to be students, we must patiently start to learn one thing and then another, step by step.  学習しなければならない物事すべてを考えてしまうと、時折、生徒は失望で満たされてしまう。単に英語の辞書の中の何千もの一風変わった単語の光景を見ると、時折、心が麻痺してしまう。しかし、もし生徒でなければならないのなら、私たちは、我慢強く、一歩ずつ、ある物事から別の物事を学び始めなければならないのだ。 添削の方お願いします。