The Future of Education: Graduation Rates and Degree Value

このQ&Aのポイント
  • In the next 30 years, UNESCO predicts that more people worldwide will graduate through education than ever before. This is due to the combination of factors such as technological advancements, demographic changes, and population growth.
  • The phrase 'its transformation effect on work' refers to the impact that technology and its changing nature have on the nature of work. 'Effect' in this context is a noun and is used to describe the result or influence of something.
  • The phrase 'Suddenly degrees aren't worth anything' is in the present tense because it refers to a current situation. It signifies the changing value and perception of degrees in the job market.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語(ted)でわからないところがあります。

In the next 30 years, according to UNESCO, more people worldwide will be graduating through education than since the beginning of history. It is the combination of all the things we've talked about --technology and its transformation effect on work, and demography and the huge explanation in population. Suddenly degrees aren't worth anything. It is the combination~のitは「多くの人が教育を受けることになる。」を指すのでしょうか? 自分なりに訳してみると、「それは私たちが話してきたすべてのことが組み合わさって(はなしてきたことすべてが関係して)起こることである。」となるのですが、これでいいのでしょうか? それから its transformation effect on work, and demography and the huge explosion in population. についてですが、effect onという表現がヒットしません。effect は他動詞としか辞書にのっていませんが、onがつくのはなぜですか? また訳は「テクノロジーやそのうつりかわりは仕事、デモグラシー、人口爆発に影響する。」で大丈夫ですか? Suddenly degree aren't worth anything. これは日本語的に考えると完了だとおもいますが、現在形になるのはなぜですか? 自分で英作文すると Suddenly degree would get worth nothing. にしてしまいますが、これはまちがっていますか? (前の質問でgraduate through と since than beginning ofの表現について意味と使用法をお聞きしていますが、それもあわせてお答えいただければ幸いです。。) 多くなってしまい申し訳ないですが、ひとつでも回答いただければ幸いです。 よろしくお願いします。

• yuact
  • お礼率55% (5/9)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

英語(ted)でわからないところがあります。 In the next 30 years, according to UNESCO, more people worldwide will be graduating through education than since the beginning of history. It is the combination of all the things we've talked about --technology and its transformation effect on work, and demography and the huge explanation in population. Suddenly degrees aren't worth anything. It is the combination~のitは「多くの人が教育を受けることになる。」を指すのでしょうか? →それでよいと思います。 自分なりに訳してみると、「それは私たちが話してきたすべてのことが組み合わさって(はなしてきたことすべてが関係して)起こることである。」となるのですが、これでいいのでしょうか? →それはここまでにお話ししてきたものがすべて組み合わされたものです。 なお、huge explanationはexplosionではないでしょうか。 それから its transformation effect on work, and demography and the huge explosion in population. についてですが、effect onという表現がヒットしません。effect は他動詞としか辞書にのっていませんが、onがつくのはなぜですか? →いいえ、effectは名詞です。 technology and its transformation effect on work and demography and the huge explanation in population 技術とその仕事への変革的効果 と 人口統計と人口の大爆発 ーーどこにも動詞はありません。釣り合いもよく研究してみてください。 また訳は「テクノロジーやそのうつりかわりは仕事、デモグラシー、人口爆発に影響する。」で大丈夫ですか? →上記訳参照 Suddenly degrees aren't worth anything. これは日本語的に考えると完了だとおもいますが、現在形になるのはなぜですか? →私からするとなぜ完了?です。 ある時点で気がついてみると突然学位が意味のないものになっているということですから現在形ですね。現在完了では、これから未来に起こることとして考えることができません。 自分で英作文すると Suddenly degree would get worth nothing. にしてしまいますが、これはまちがっていますか? →仮定法的wouldではなく、やはり、そうなるのは当然ということで、仮定法的意味を含まないストレートな表現にしたいところです。 (前の質問でgraduate through と since than beginning ofの表現について意味と使用法をお聞きしていますが、それもあわせてお答えいただければ幸いです。。) graduate from schoolですがgraduate through educationというのもまたいいのだと思います。 since than. . . の用法ですか? He is more tired now than when he was at home. このような使い方があります。この場合、接続詞がwhenでなくsinceになっているだけです。 質問が多くて丁寧に答えるのは大変なので、最後の2つは、別の質問があるわけですから、そちらで。 以上、ご参考になればと思います。

yuact
質問者

お礼

お礼が遅れて申し訳ありません。ご回答ありがとうございます。 explosionでした・・ わかりやすいご説明で疑問はすべて解消されました。ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.2

>It is the combination~のitは「多くの人が教育を受けることになる。」を指すのでしょうか? →おそらくそうだとおもいます。 >自分なりに訳してみると、「それは私たちが話してきたすべてのことが組み合わさって(はなしてきたことすべてが関係して)起こることである。」となるのですが、これでいいのでしょうか? →「起こることである。」とは言っていないです。「それは私たちが話してきたことすべての組み合わせである。」というような意味になります。 >それから its transformation effect on work, and demography and the huge explosion in population. についてですが、effect onという表現がヒットしません。effect は他動詞としか辞書にのっていませんが、onがつくのはなぜですか?また訳は「テクノロジーやそのうつりかわりは仕事、デモグラシー、人口爆発に影響する。」で大丈夫ですか? →このeffectは他動詞ではなく名詞です。また訳は「…テクノロジーやそのうつりかわりによる仕事への影響、人口統計学、人口爆発のことです。」という感じになります。これは前の文の「all the things we've talked about」の説明で、前の文の一部です。動詞がないのでわかると思います。 >Suddenly degree aren't worth anything. >これは日本語的に考えると完了だとおもいますが、現在形になるのはなぜですか? >自分で英作文すると >Suddenly degree would get worth nothing. にしてしまいますが、これはまちがっていますか? →継続しているわけでも既に完了しているわけでもなく端的に現在の事象を説明しているので現在形なのだと思います。「日本語的に考えると完了だとおもいます」とはどういうことなのでしょうか。また「Suddenly degree would get worth nothing」だと、「意味が無い(かもしれない)。」という仮定の感じがあるので少しニュアンスがちがうとおもいます。あと「degrees」と複数型にしたほうがいいです。

yuact
質問者

お礼

お礼が遅れて申し訳ありません。いただいた解説でしっかり理解することができました。 ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英語:和訳

英語のワークをしていて、どうしても和訳が上手くいかないところがあったので、ここに相談しにきました( ;´Д`) 誰か教えてください。お願いします(><;) ・These days it is fashionable to take about Japan's aging crisis.By now everyone knows the scenario.Early this century,people 65 or over will make up a quarter of the population.Worse yet,it is assumed that all these old people will be sick and their medical bills and pensions will become a burden on society. *aging crisis 高齢化問題 *scenario 予想される事態 *pension 年金

• 英語の文章を訳して下さい。

At the beginning of this period the British Merchant Marine had a shipping fleet totaling of 21 million GRT. In six months of unrestricted submarine warfare U-boats sank ¾ million tons of Allied shipping, scarcely denting the British merchant fleet; Whilst new building, and additions from ships seized, had more than made up this loss. On the other hand, serious offence had been given to neutrals such as Norway and the Netherlands, and brought the United States to the brink of war. This failure, and the various restrictions imposed on the U-boat Arm in the Atlantic area largely brought the campaign there to a halt, although it continued with little hindrance in the Mediterranean and elsewhere, where there was less likelihood of offending neutrals.

• 文の中での形容句の係る範囲がわかりません

This appendix contains maps, charts and tables on vegetation, climate, population and resources of Japan. 上記の文章で、「of Japan」の係る範囲がわかりません。 「maps, charts and tables on vegetation, climate, population and resources 」 なのか、 「charts and tables on vegetation, climate, population and resources 」 なのか、 「climate, population and resources 」 はたまた、 「population and resources 」なのか できる方教えてください。

• この意味を教えてください

worth とworthwhileの違いについての説明のなかで Sometimes, worthwhile simply means of value and can be used in a similar way to worth with preliminary it. とありました。preliminary it.の意味がわかりません。 itはなんですか。 よろしくお願いいたします。(worthとworthwhileの違いはわかりました。)

• 英語の問題

大学の入試問題です。 A: Do you think I could wait a few months before investing? B: Listen, if you invest in this project now, you will really be getting ( ) the ground floor and you will make a lot of money. 選択肢が ア at it in on イ in on it at ウ on at it in エ on it in at get in on the groundという表現がありますが、at itの役割がわからず、答えが選べません。 わかる方、解説をお願いします。

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

Huge number of unknown plants and animalsare also in danger.The earth, according to various estimates, supports between 5 million and 80 million species. Of these, scientists have found and named only about 1.5 million. 'Species,' says Dr.Lovejoy, 'are disappearing before we have a chance to learn how they might benefit the rest of the planet.' Thousands of kind of tropical plants could help feed a growing world population. About four out of every ten prescription medicines come from ingredients found in plants. Some animals also provide medicines.

• わからない英文があります

They found it very difficult to dive in the muddy water of the bay. ''In the sea of Alexandria,'' said one diver, ''what you need is ears rather than eyes. You could see only 50 centimeters in front of you.The ruins were covered with sand, and mud kept flowing from the Nile. Just diving and mud swimming raised the mud on the seabed and made things worse." Just diving and mud swimming raised the mud on the seabed and made things worse."という英文はどういう意味かわかりません。どなたかわかる方、解説付きで教えてくださらないでしょうか?

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

The young woman's injuries were serious - third-degree burns over 35% of her body. It took 27 months for her to recover. Unfortunately, the burns on her legs damaged the muscles so severely that she could never perform again.  The physical recovery did not mark the end of the healing process. The psychological damage was much deeper and more painful than the terrible burns. Yet this young woman found the courage and strength to cope with the disappointments from the accident. In the hospital, she saw other people who had injuries worse than hers. She leaned that talking about one's problems relieves some of the pain. Most important of all, she leaned that she was not alone, That knowledge enabled her to go on with her life-a new kind of life but one that she has filled with new meaning and new joy.  The story of how this young ballerina coped with disappointments inspires me whenever I feel " down in the dumps." It is the story of my sister Teena.

• 至急訳していただけませんか?

至急訳していただけませんか? 次の文を日本語にしていただけませんか? If we limited the rights and protections of people accused of terrorism and it saved 365 people from dying in a terrorist attack, would it be worth it? Would it still be worth it if 10 people were falsely imprisoned? Would it still be worth it if some people were tortured to get information?

• よろしくお願いします

What was the moment when you realized you were worth more than you were allowing yourself to believe? Was it a moment? Or was it a gradual swelling? What actions did you take that helped you grow into this sense of worth? I’m asking because I can feel in my heart a stirring of this worth, and I see it eking out in bits of my life,https://www.thecut.com/2016/04/ask-polly-how-do-i-start-believing-in-my-worth.html a stirring of this worthと I see it eking out in bits of my lifeの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします。