• ベストアンサー

TEFLについての英文の解釈(メールのやり取りにて)

イギリス人の彼は日本で英語の先生として就職したいらしく先々週の週末にロンドンの日本大使館に行って、日本の仕事についていろいろ聞きに行ったようなのです。一度目の行ったときは収穫が無く、再び週末に行った後にこのようなメールが送られてきました  I am going to do the TEFL course! It's an 80 hour course! Then my plan is to come to Japan and look for work!  この「80 hour course」が良くわからず、勝手な解釈で「80時間TEFLになるためのコースで勉強すれば資格?が得られて日本で働ける!」と思い、そうなんですか?と英語で聞いたところこんな返事が・・・  Yes, I am going to do the 80 hour TEFL course. but I think you don't understand.First I goto London just for Saturday and Sunday! That is for 20 hours!Then I do 60 hours at home! I get my work off the Internet! and study from home! Do you understand? 私には理解できません。どなたか教えていただけませんか?

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Pippin
  • ベストアンサー率50% (196/389)
回答No.1

homestayさんのメールには何が書かれていたのかわからないので解決できるかわかりませんが…。 "80 hour course"、これはモジュールが80時間という事だと思いますので、ロンドンで20時間やり後は自宅でという事ですよね。だから「(合計)80時間TEFLになるためのコースで勉強すれば資格が得られて日本で働ける!」というhomestayさんの解釈で良いと思います。これで何故"I think you don't understand."("I don't think you understand."というのが普通ですが…)と返事してきたのかわかりません。 I am going to do the TEFL course! It's an 80 hour course! Then my plan is to come to Japan and look for work! TEFLのコースをやるんだよ。80時間のコースなんだ。その後日本に行って仕事を探すつもりだよ。 Yes, I am going to do the 80 hour TEFL course. but I think you don't understand.First I go to London just for Saturday and Sunday! That is for 20 hours!Then I do 60 hours at home! I get my work off the Internet! and study from home! Do you understand? そう、80時間(モジュールの)TEFLコースをやるんだよ。わかってないような気がするけど。最初に土・日にロンドンでやるんだ。それは20時間。で、(残りの)60時間は家でやるんだよ。インターネットで(ダウンロード)出来るから家で勉強できるんだ。わかる? 以上が多少意訳したものです(もう既にわかっていらっしゃるとは思いますが)。最初の文章には何処にもロンドンでとか自宅でとか何時間とか全く書いてないのでわかるはずがありませんよね? 英国では日本政府公認のJET (Japan Exchange & Teaching)schemeがあり、このプログラムで資格を取るという事なのかもしれません。これで日本へ行った人を知っていますが、仕事先も紹介してくれるはずなので「探す」必要はないと思います。ただこれは学位を持っている、39歳までなど前提があります。(参考ULR) 私だったら…最初のメールだけでそんな詳しい事までわかるわけないでしょ!と書くかも…。

参考URL:
http://www.jet-uk.org/index_01.html
homestay
質問者

お礼

わかりやすい説明ありがとうございます。彼は若干20歳です。だからなのか国語力「向こうで言う英語」がないのか、私が出来づらい表現が多いです。それも一度「話しの切り替えが良くわからないから、話題が変わったら ところで なんて言う言葉を使ってね」といったはずなのに未だにあまり直っていません・・・。  でも私の解釈も半分合っていて半分ちゃんと理解していなかったみたいでPippinさんの回答はすごくわかりやすかったです!

その他の回答 (1)

• d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.2

参考URLのみたいなやつかもしれませんね。 参考URLのコースは、 (1)週末1回(土曜+日曜)で20時間の集中コース  (結構大変かも)。   対人コミュニケーション・スキル中心に習うらしい。 (2)Grammar Awareness Self-study Module 20時間  (多分、文法の独習コース) (3)インターネットのオンラインコース 40時間   内容不明。Free Trial Course(無料お試しコース)もあるようだから、やってみる? 合計80時間の勉強が終了すると、TEFTの証明書をくれるようです。

参考URL:
http://www.weekendtefl.com/

関連するQ&A

• 英検準2級の英文解釈について教えてください

過去問をやっていてわからない箇所があります。 I moved to New Jersey from Florida last month and have been trying to find people to play music with. <to find>と<to play>は不定詞という解釈でいいのでしょうか? I heard from Jeff that you are going to be playing in a free jazz concert at the Seaside Music Hall this Saturday. <you are going to be playing>の箇所はどのように思えばいいでしょうか? be going to do はわかるのですが、playingをどのように解釈したらいいのかわかりません。 もしよければ教えてください。宜しくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• わからない英文があります

わからない英文があります 全文(倒産したJが弁護士(友人)のSと相談している場面): J: Won't these costs be covered by chapter eleven? S: Well, filing for bankruptcy isn't going to make this thing go away. The U.S. Attorney's office is involved in this now. They'll push for fraud and unauthorized transactions. J: Yeah, so, they find me. And I go back to work. And I make it all back. S: Four million dollars? Unless you plan on going to the track and getting *really* lucky... J: Look. If you don't want to do this - S: You're going to lose your series seven license.It's really important that you understand the predicament you're in. J: Look. I get it from my wife every day. My daughters won't talk to me. I got my ass kicked in front of everyone at the most elegant event of the year. I get it. Okay, man. I, I, I definitely understand. ↓の文の意味を教えてください! *They'll push for fraud and unauhthorized transactions. *And I make it all back *Unless you plan on going to the track *You're going to lose your series seven license *I got my ass kicked

• 英文の意味を教えて頂きたいです。

簡単な文だと思いますが・・・ よろしくお願いします。 do you know english? shall we do practice english?practice is very important for me. I am waiting answer. good bye:-)) but I don't know english very well For example,are you going to correct to mistake?

• 彼氏とのやりとりでニュアンスがわかりません

私が、彼氏(遠距離中のアメリカ人)に、日本に来れないのなら、私がアメリカに9月に行くとメールをした後のやり取りです。(語学ガッコを探してほしいとも頼みました。) I read your email on my way to work I'm busy Very busy I think you get upset when I do not reply right away I have not had time to look up English lessons I have not had time to plan 仕事で忙しくて、学校を探している時間がないと言われ、じゃあ9月に行くのを辞めると言ったらまた、下記の返事がきました。 iie. That is not what I said. I said that I have been very busy. I don't not think you understand how hard I work In the US, you cannot work In Japan, you will not make much money doing nails I am responsible for making money 下記の部分の意味がいまいちわかりません。(彼氏が養わなきゃならないって言っているのですか?) 『 In Japan, you will not make much money doing nails I am responsible for making money』 日本に来て、両親に会う約束をしているのですが、一向に来る予定が経たずにいます。 彼氏が来る気がないのか、本当に仕事が忙しくって来れないのか?真意がわかりません… 仕事が忙しいと言っているので、ここはおとなしく待っていた方が良いのでしょうか? you need to be flexible and understanding I want you to visit  I want to see you ASAP give me a few days to figure out my work schedule when you visit, I do not want to work all of the time : I do not want you to think I am a Japanese salaryman I think September is a GREAT time to visit  I can take a little time off Should we do a little vacation? And then I work and visit Japan in September or October? : I want to meet your mom. :P Give me one week. If I have a LOT of work. Short trip. If I can get some time off. Long trip. Live with me. If a short trip, we go to Las Vegas and stay in San Francisco for a few days. Then I will do short trip to Japan. Then you live with me I miss Japan. I do not want to visit when it is cold

• 英文みてください

月1で病院通ってるけど今の所は大丈夫。←ずっと通ってるだと進行形??になりなすか? I have visit in hospital a month,but I'm OK now. でも、もし、長期の留学をすることになったら1番の問題になってしまうの。 But if I am going to study very long stay in UK It is a No.1problem.   UKで病院通いになるかも。でもこれは医者と相談するけど。 I think I am going to the hospital in UK.It is I am going to hear advice form myDr. 私は日本もイングランドも応援するよ I will support England and Jaoan. お願いします

• 英文解釈

下記の英文をどう解釈すれば良いのかわかりません。わかる方がいらっしゃいましたら解説お願いします。 "What he attempted to do is, he analyzed where Russia was going and attempted to ride a horse - instead, he was on the back of a bucking elephant.” --補足-- 【前後の分】 For the next six years, Gorbachev embarked on a series of domestic reforms that radically changed the Soviet Union. Former U.S. Ambassador to Moscow Thomas Pickering said, "What he attempted to do is, he analyzed where Russia was going and attempted to ride a horse - instead, he was on the back of a bucking elephant.” Gorbachev’s reforms touched all segments of society. It included freeing press restrictions and releasing political prisoners and dissidents from jail and internal exile. 【出展】 VOA:http://www.voanews.com/english/news/europe/Gorbachevs-Domestic-Reforms-Led-to-End-of-Soviet-Union-135190548.html

• 英文解釈と訳

If I am confident that all of the countries involved are bargaining in good faith and we are on the brink of a meaningful agreement, and my presence in Copenhagen will make a difference in tipping us over the edge, then certainly that's something that I will do. 訳 もし、関係した全ての国が誠意を持って話し合い、そして我々は意味のある同意を前にしていて、且つコペンハーゲンでの私の存在がa difference in tipping us over the edgeを作るという確信があるなら、それならば私はやるだろう。 構造 1.最初のthatはI am confidentを説明。2.involvedはall of the countriesに対する分詞。  3.a difference in tipping us over the edgeが訳せず・・・。 4.それとここが自分では腑に落ちないのですが、一番最初のif「もし~ならば」に対しての、~だろう。と ifを受ける文章はthen以降でいいのでしょうか?thenの必要性も単なる強調? 5.最後の that's something that I will do.のthatは関係代名詞ですよね。somethingを説明といった感じ。 Kareen Abdul-Jabbar is being treated for a rare form of leukemia and the basketball great said his prognosis is encouraging. カリーム・アブドゥル=ジャバー 現在稀なタイプの白血病の治療を受けている。そして、「バスケットボールの偉人は言った」彼の病気の経過は希望を与えていると。 とこんな感じだと思うのですが、どうも納得いかないのが、かっこで括った部分とその後のhisなのですが、偉人がこの選手の事ならば、hisではなくmyにするべきではないかと。それとも何の脈絡もなくいきなり、「バスケットボールの偉人」というほかの誰かが登場しちゃってるのか・・・。どうも理解できないというか・・・・。 Citing the way Los Angeles Lakers teammate Magic Johnson brought awareness to HIV, Abdul-Jabbar said he wants to do the same for his form of blood cancer, which can be fatal if left untreated. こちらは単純に意味がわかりません。Abdul-Jabbar以降が特にわかりません。citing the wayは~の生き方を引き合いに出し、みたいな感じですか。それと、brought awareness to はHIVだと認識した。ってことですか。・・・とにかくわからないことだらけだ・・・・・・・。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• どなたか下記の英文を訳して頂けないでしょうか

宜しくお願いいたします。 What kind of job do you have Keiko? I am very friendly but I am difficult to travel with because I have a sick heart which makes travel very complicated. I am in Greece for 2 weeks and already I have been in hospital for 2 days. Would it be helpful, if my health allows it, to go to Japan and give you English practice for a few weeks?

• 訳してください。

Am I going to meet you? or Am I going to see you? No,I won't do it. Becouse I want to go my bed and to sleep every midnight.

• 和訳お願いいたします

i dont know what you want, you break up with me one day and then you ask me if we`re broken up and want to get back together? look i need you to understand is going to to be difficult, and i may not respond back right away all of the time. i am going to be here for quite a while still , i have no job, and i barely have enough money left for a plane ticket to to japan please i need your patience if this is going to work but i`ll give another chance