エラ・フィッツジェラルドのローレライの歌詞を英文和訳

このQ&Aのポイント
  • ジャズシンガー、エラ・フィッツジェラルドの曲「ローレライ」の歌詞を英文から和訳します。
  • 歌詞の中で「She had the goods and how she could deliver」というフレーズがあります。このフレーズの解釈について相談です。
  • 以下のURLの歌詞と訳文を参考にしました。アドバイスをお願いします。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文和訳をお願いします。

ジャズシンガー、エラ・フィッツジェラルドのローレライの歌詞です。 She had the goods and how she could deliver その女(ヒト)は贈り物をたずさえ、贈る方法も知っていた。 ローレライは。 ・She had A (= the goods) and B (=how she could deliver).  と考えたのですが、無理があるのでしょうか?  the goodsを品物→贈り物としましたが、そもそも検討ちがいなのでしょうか?  歌詞の流れから少し飛躍してしまう気もしています。  どのように解釈するべきでしょうか? 以下URLの歌詞と訳文を参考にさせていただきました。 http://jp.lyricbus.com/uta/kashi/lorelei/169132.aspx アドバイスいただけると嬉しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#202629
noname#202629
回答No.1

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lorelei?r=66 ローレライは、ライン川を通る船にいたずらをして難破させてしまう妖精のようですね。 これが歌の土台となる。 >She had A (= the goods) and B (=how she could deliver).  と考えたのですが、無理があるのでしょうか?  the goodsを品物→贈り物としましたが、そもそも検討ちがいなのでしょうか? 考え方はその通りです。ただ、貴女が仰るように意味合いが少し違う。 http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lorelei?r=66 1.(informal) that which is expected or promised ⇒ to deliver the goods 期待するものや約束したもの http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=to+deliver+the+goods know how to deliver the goods 期待通りのものを生み出す方法を心得ている この使い方となる。

fishfish33
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます! 期待通りのものを生みだす方法 → 思うままに船を難破させる方法 といったところでしょうか。 歌の前後に出てくる I want to be like her といった表現から 期待通りのものを生みだす方法 → 思うままに人の心を操る方法 と考えるのは飛躍しすぎなのでしょうか?

関連するQ&A

• 英文和訳をお願いします。

ジャズシンガー、エラ・フィッツジェラルドのローレライの歌詞です。 She had a yen for all the sailors Fishermen and gobs and whalers あらゆる船乗りに欲情してやまなかった、 漁師に、gobに、捕鯨師に ・gobs  海の上で生業をたてている人々を並べているのだと思うのですが、gobはどういう意味なのでしょうか?  fishermen→近海で漁をする者達、whalers→遠洋で漁をする者達というイメージがありますが、何かgobと関連付くヒントがあるのでしょうか?  それとも、gob jobでフェラチオという意味があり、性的に貪欲な海の荒くれ男的なイメージも連想したのですが、どうでしょうか? ・whalers  捕鯨師ではしっくりこないのですが、別の言葉がないでしょうか? 以下URLの歌詞と訳文を参考にさせていただきました。 http://jp.lyricbus.com/uta/kashi/lorelei/169132.aspx アドバイスいただけると嬉しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文和訳をお願いします。

ジャズシンガー、エラ・フィッツジェラルドのローレライの歌詞です。 She used to love in a strange kind of fashion With lots of hey-ho-de-ho-hi-de-hi 一風変わった愛し方が、その女(ヒト)流儀で "ヘイ、ホー・デ・ホー、ハイ・デ・ハイ!"にあふれていた。 ・hey-ho-de-ho-hi-de-hi  船乗り特有の掛け声の調子のように考えましたが、何か特別な意味があるのでしょうか? ・with lots of  あふれていたとしましたが、hey-ho-de-ho-hi-de-hiが掛け声なら、他にいい言葉がありそうなのですが、どうでしょうか? 以下URLの歌詞と訳文を参考にさせていただきました。 http://jp.lyricbus.com/uta/kashi/lorelei/169132.aspx アドバイスいただけると嬉しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 次の英文の和訳をお願いしますm(._.)m

次の英文の和訳をお願いしますm(._.)m So what's the alternative? She could express her feelings with "I feel” statements. How does she feel? She feels ticked off! So why not just say this instead of being argumentative? She could also try to understand what he's thinking and feeling. How does he feel? He feels shut out and ignored. She could say, "I feel put down and angry, but I know there's some truth in what you say. Apparently you think I've put my career first and you feel rejected. Is this the way you feel? If so, could understand why you feel hurt and angry." 長くなってしまいましたが、よろしくお願いしますm(._.)m

• 和訳をお願いします。

She never looked at him. How could she not see him? He ran through a group of boys, and he fell at her feet. She turned away with her nose in the air. トムソーヤからの一説です。質問は、How could she not see him?の文です。「どうやってみることができなかったのか。」変な訳だと思いますので、解説お願いします。

• 英文の和訳を希望します

和訳をしていただけるかたのみで、 お願いできますでしょうか? 1つの段落の後半部分となります。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 He liked music, dance and prophecy ands poetry and may have liked to travel a restless character He may have played a musical instrument, and did not much like work or hard labor, though he was a dutiful man. He would have worked long and hard for poor return in the past and developed no taste for it. He was the keeper of family secrets. People could confide in him knowing it would go no further. When they were small your soul mates father would have seemed to have had a cold and forbidding exterior. Stern gruff traditional, occasionally cruel and harsh;. The dominant head of the house. But as the children grew older they could see through this father act, to his wealth of kinder character and his love and affection. He had many material goods and was practical and prosperous.

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

My husband and I enjoy going to estate sales. Recently, we were shocked when we heard an estate sales representative ask an older lady if she could afford what she was looking at. The woman answered yes. Shortly after that, as the woman was leaving, the estate representative asked her if she could search the pockets in her jacket! She said yes, and nothing was found on her. The estate sales representative followed up with, You know how it is. We were appalled, to say the least. We had been browsing right along with the older lady and saw nothing suspicious. What do you make of this? Should we have said something? The estate sales representative followed up with, You know how it is.の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 長文ですが、英文和訳教えてください!!

ナスカの地上絵を、祖国から離れてでも守ろうとする女性の話です。 宜しくお願いします! Maria Reiche was born on May 15,1903,in Dresden,German. She graduated from the Dresden Technical University,whereshe studied mathematics,geography,and foreign languages. In 1932,Maria was a 29-year-old unmarried woman who was not happy with the political mood in Germany,especially with the rise of the Nazi party and a frightening leader named Adolf Hitler. She looked for any possible way to leave her country. One day,Maria found an ad in the newspaper asking for a woman to work as a nanny and a teacher for two children of a German consul living in Cusco,Peru. Soon after she applied for the job,she was hired. So off she sailed,full of hope for a better future. Maria loved the Andean mountains and enjoyed her years working with the two children in the ancient Inca capital of Cusco. At this time she had not even heard about the Lines of Nazca. In 1939,Maria was teaching in Lima,the capital of Peru, and doing scientific translations. By then ,Germany was already at war in Europe, so she didn't want to go back to her country. Then Maria heard from an American scientist in Lima about the mysterious Lines and Figures of Nazca,which he had recently seen from an airplane . She was interested enough to take a flight herself in a small plane over the Nazca desert(pampa) . When she saw the figures from the airplane of the spider, the hummingbird and the monkey ,she was so fascinated by them that she moved to Nazca to study the Lines herself.Maria Ruiche made many flights by plane and helicopter ,taking photographs of the many lines and figures on the pampa. She was especially drawn to the image of the monkey, but when she enlarged the photos she had taken, she was amazed to see that one hand had only four fingers...just like her. When she first came to Peru , one finger was amputated after it developed gangrene from a cactus infection. She then learned that Peruvian ancestors believed that this was a mark from the God of Thunder, which gave special power to communicate with the gods. For the next 40years, Maria lived alone on the pampa in a tiny one-room house , just to study and guard the mysterious Lines of Nazca/ One of the biggest threats to preserving the Lines was the Pan American Highway that cut across the pampa, slicing the picture of the long , crocodile-looking lizard in half. After Maria published a few articles about the Lines , more and more people started coming to Nazca so they could go out on the pampa to see the figures and lines for themselves. Maria persuaded the government of Peru to make the pampa a restricted area,so no one could walk on the desert except her assistant and herself. She was given many honors by the Peruvian government before she died, including Honorary Citizen of Peru and the title of Great Lady of Nazca. Everyone in the town of Nazca had grown to love and respect this woman who had come from far away to reveal to them the secrets of their ancestors , secrets that had been hidden out in plain sight for two thousand years.

• 訳して頂きたい英文があります!

訳して頂きたい英文があります! どうしてもうまく訳せません。 She had an uneasy suspicion that I did not believe in her; and if that was why she did not like me, it was also why she sought my acquaintance: it galled her that I alone should look upon her as a comic figure and she could not rest till I acknowledged myself mistaken and defeated. お願いいたします。

• 英語訳お願いします。

I could see how it could lead to what had happened , parents led astray in a futile search for a better life for themselves and their son.

• 英文の和訳をお願いできないでしょうか

" Well, then," said Epimetheus, who was a very good-tempered child, like a multitude of children in those days, "let us run out and have a merry time with our playmates." "I am tired of merry times, and don't care if I never have anymore!" answered our pettish little Pandora.... "At least, " said she, "you can tell me how it came here." "It was just left at the door," replied Epimetheus, "just before you came, by a person who looked very smiling and intelligent, and who could hardly forbear laughing as he put it down" 心苦しい部分もあるのですが以上の分の和訳を教えていただいてもいいでしょうか? 関係詞? 仮定法?  自分でやってみてもいまいちわからなくて。。