• ベストアンサー

立春を英語で

立春    first day of spring 節分    eve of the beginning of spring 一陽来復  spring is here 恵方    lucky direction と 辞書で調べましたが これらを 英会話で どのように 表現したら 良いのでしょうか つまり (欧米の人は まだ 寒いのに春?????)これを英語で説明するには ということです

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#5705
noname#5705
回答No.2

辞書で出てくるのは、あくまでも意訳が多いと思います。無いものを説明する訳ですから。 立春にしても、the beginning [first day] of spring (in the traditional Japanese calendar)となっていましたし、後の”日本古来からの暦”が無かったら英語圏の方にはわからないと思います。ただし、中国・韓国の方はわかると思います。こちらより忠実に旧暦に沿った生活をしていますので。陰暦の上ではそう考えられている、と説明なされば十分だと思います。 下記のページは節分の説明もありますし、その他日本の習慣などもジャンプして調べる事ができます。重宝しています。 サイトをあくまでも参考にして、補足的な事例などはご自分の言葉で説明なさった方がいいと思います。何故かと言いますと、恵方など太巻きの丸かぶりの習慣にちなんだ説明をなさりたいのかと想像しますが、関西にある習慣で、元々津々浦々ある習慣ではないからです。直訳で通じる場合や習慣もありますが、西洋の方には、こちらの独特の習慣を細かく説明する方が興味を持って下さるでしょうね。

参考URL:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2285.html
gogogo123
質問者

お礼

こんな素敵なサイトがあるなんて ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

noname#9284
noname#9284
回答No.1

サイトを一つご紹介します。 私は英語が苦手なので書いてある事はわかりませんがお役に立つように思いましたので。 ANNUAL CALENDAR http://www.jinjapan.org/kidsweb/calendar/february.html トップページはリンクを張りました。

参考URL:
http://www.jinjapan.org/kidsweb/index.html
gogogo123
質問者

お礼

こんな楽しい英語サイトがあったんですね 家族で楽しみながら 参考にさせていただきます ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 教えてください。よろしくお願いいたします。

外人です。今日本語の文章を読んでいます。分からないところがあります。日本人に教えてほしいです。ご存知の方教えてください。よろしくお願いいたすます。 暦の上で春が来たと言っても、急に暖かくなるはずもないことは分かりきったことだ。だが、二月にはいれば立春の日が来るのだという期待がどんなに気持ちの上で、冬をしのぎよくしてくれるかしれないのである。たとえば、十二月下旬には冬至があり、その日が昼の短い絶頂であり、それからは一陽来復で、一日一日と畳の目ほどずつ日脚が伸びてゆく。そして歳末となり、元日となり、七草となり、小正月となり、大寒となり、そして節分となり、立春となるという、季節のこまかい折り目が、冬をやりすごそうという心の支えに、どれだけ役に立つかしれない。それほど、春という季節は待たれているのだ。 質問(1)「二月にはいれば立春の日が来るのだという期待   がどんなに気持ちの上で、冬をしのぎよくしてく   れるかしれないのである」このセンテンスの意味   が分からないのですが。特に「しれない」という   単語の意味はここで何の意味ですか 分からない   のです。日本人に詳しく教えていただきたいと思   います。 質問(2)「畳の目ほどずつ日脚が伸びてゆく」このセンテ   ンスの意味も分からないのです。    よろしくお願いいたします。

• 長文で構成がつかめません!!

NHKラジオ英会話講座より This is the kind of day that my grandmother used to call "false spring." It's one of those unusually balmy days in late February or early March that are so comfortable that they make you feel as though the bitter cold of winter has come to an end at last. 今日は僕の祖母がかって「偽りの春」と呼んでいたそういう日だよね。 とっても快適なので、冬の厳しい寒さがとうとう終わったみたいに感じさせる、2月下旬や3月上旬のいつになく穏やかな日のこと。 (質問)文章の骨格がつかめません。代名詞を中心にお尋ねします。 (1) It's one of those unusually balmy days ・・・  の[It]は前文の[false spring]を指していますか? (2)that are so comfortable・・ の[that]は関係代名詞で先行詞は、one of those unusually balmy days in late February or early March でしょうか? (3)they make you feel as though ・・・の[they]もやはり[false spring]を指していますか?   長文で質問も、し辛く困っています。文章を短く区切って解りやすく文章の流れを教えていただけませんでしょうか?  以上、宜しくお願いいたします。

• 和訳お願いしますm(_ _)m

Bean-Scattering Ceremony Originally the term setsubun referred to any of the divi-sions of the solar year, but over time it came to be associated specifically with the eve of the first day of spring. According to the old lunar calendar, the first day of spring and the new year were celebrated at about the same time. Traditional ceremonies for purification and for driving away demons were held to prepare for the new year as well as for the spring planting season. In order to drive away evil forces, people threw roasted beans at the invisible demons outside their homes and then scattered beans inside to attract good luck. This ceremony is still carried out by most families, although it is not considered as seriously as it was in the past. often one child in the family wears a devil mask, and the other children playfully throw beans at him or her as a game, not as an exorcism ceremony. 長文失礼しましたm(_ _)m

• 立春

暦の上では春になります。しかし昔は新年を迎えると春と考えられていたと思います。(その名残?で年賀状には賀春などと書かれていたりしますよね。) ふと疑問に思ったのですが年が明けて「春」、立春からでも「春」、この辺の違いは何でしょうか。昔の人(平安時代とか)はどう考えていたのでしょうか。 そもそも私の疑問自体が大きな勘違いをしている気もするのですが気になってしまって、宜しくお願いします。

• (301)When Zeus ……この英文はどのように訳せばよいでしょうか

(1)(ll. 564-570) When Zeus has finished sixty wintry days after the solstice, then the star Arcturus 1325 leaves the holy stream of Ocean and first rises brilliant at dusk. (2)After him the shrilly wailing daughter of Pandion, the swallow, appears to men when spring is just beginning. Before she comes, prune the vines, for it is best so. 次の文章は“Works and Days” by Evelyn Whiteの一節です。 (1)(2)は連続した文章です。 試し訳と語彙について質問します。 (1)(ll. 564-570) When Zeus has finished sixty wintry days after the solstice極点(至), then the star Arcturus 1325 leaves the holy stream of Ocean and first rises brilliant at dusk. <試し訳> (ll. 564-570)本書行番号 冬至に達したあと、ゼウス(時季)が六十日の冬の日を終えた時、その時、星座アルクトゥルスが(脚注1325)オケアヌスの聖なる流れを後にして、まず、くすんだ空に燦然と輝き始める。 <質問> (a) and first rises brilliant at dusk 時刻は夕暮れであろうか、dustは「灰色の空」の意味であろう。 (b)When Zeus has finished sixty wintry dayについて 主語ゼウスは馴染まない表現である。 「ゼウスが」を「時季が」と読み替えれば、素直に理解できる。 この解釈は、正しいでしょうか。 *脚注1325; 1325; February to March. *冬至は一年の始まりのようだ(よく分からない) *the star Arcturus;北斗七星の一つ 《牛飼い座の α 星で一等星》. (2)After him the shrilly wailing daughter of Pandion, the swallow, appears to men when spring is just beginning. Before she comes, prune the vines, for it is best so. 彼Arcturusに続いて、鋭い鳴き声のパンディオンの娘、燕が人間の前に現れる時がちょうど春の訪れである。彼女swallowが来る前に、ブドウの剪定をしろ。それが最適(の時期)だからだ。

• 立春とは・・

実家に長い間帰っていた為 年賀状を何人かに年賀状を出しそびれてしまいました。 寒中お見舞いをとずっと考えていたのですが 体調が悪く今になってしまいましたが、 今でも「寒中お見舞い」は間に合いますでしょうか? ネットで調べたところ「立春まで」と書かれてありましたが、実際的に詳しい日付を教えていただきたいです。こんな無知な私に、どなたかお答え、アドバイスを、お願い致します。

• どなたか英語に詳しい方、日本語に翻訳してください。

長文ですが、どなたか日本語に翻訳してください。 お願いします。 First,please allow me to introduce my self. i am monica guiao, 22 years old.now let me share a short story of my life. year 2010, it was the year that i finished my studies. on that year i also started to look a job. i am lucky because i was given the opportunity to teach a korean students. it was my first job.in terms of salary it was good but it is not enough in our daily lives so i decided to lokk for another job. until one day someone told me that japan is looking for a machine operator. we all know japan is one of the richest and the most beautiful countries in the world. so, i tried to apply.i am very much lucky because i was selected. november 13,2011, i remembered that day when i left my country to work in japan. it was such a ravishing feeling, thinking that i can reach my dreams. this was also the first time being far away from my family. but why should i stay away from my family. my goal is to earn money to give a better future for my family and in order to send my niece to school. It has already been 10months since we came here in japan. so, i realized that as a foreigner trainee in a japanese company, it is very important to learn their culture, and business practices and etiquettes.about the language, very few japanese can understand english. so, i realized that i really need to study to learn japanee language, to be able to communicate much easier with the japanese people. for me if you want to survive here, learn japanese. but i can say that with the help of takasaki san we learned a lot. About the japanese foods, for me all the japanese foods are delicious, especilly ramen. For now what i really want to do while in japan is to embrace and adopt the displine that the japanese so effortlessly display. It amazes me how naturally it comes to them, and I believe that this firmly rooted trait of the japanese is one of the key reasons to their progressive country. for the end of this presentation I would like to say thank you to all of you. thank you for trusting me to work here in taiyo yuden japan. I will assure that you will not repent that you chose me to work here in japan. once again thank you very much..

• 英語が得意な方

英語が得意な方、友人へのメールを英文で作りましたので文法などが間違っていないか教えて下さい! Nice to get your message too. How was your walk? It is nice wethear here today! How is over there? お散歩どうだった?こっちは今日いい天気だよ! そっちはどう? I lived in the apartment of near the my parent's home. わたしは実家の近くのアパートに住んでいたんだ But I moved back home because I save up for a trip to Canada. でもカナダの旅費を貯めるために実家へ戻ってきたの I'm glad that you got to relax. I think that It is important to relax away from work. あなたがリラックス出来てよかった 仕事を忘れてリラックスすることも大切だと思うよ I also have the day off twice a month on Tuesday. I have five-day holiday called "Golden Week" at the beginning of May. わたしは月2回火曜日もお休みだよ 5月の初めに、ゴールデンウィークと呼ばれる連休が5日間あるんだ! I have never played squash. I want to try that, too! スカッシュはしたことがないの でもやってみたい! I like all kinds of movies. Oh, but I don't like scary movie. I saw frozen a few days ago. I have never seen X-Men. Was the movie nice? わたしは全ての種類の英語が好きだよ あ、でもホラー映画は好きじゃない この前はアナと雪の女王を見たよ X-Menは見たことないんだ。それは面白いの? Thank you very much for telling me about nice place. I would like to go to many places in Canada! いい場所(おすすめの)について教えてくれてありがとう カナダのたくさんの場所に行って見たいな I'm sorry. I thought that I had sent a picture. Have you received it? ごめんなさい 写真を送ったつもりでした 届いているかな? Thank you for being patient with my English. 私の下手な英語に付き合ってくれてありがとう Have a wonderful day :) 素敵な一日を 以上です! 英語初心者が考えた文なので伝わるか不安です。。 よろしくお願いします!!

• 和訳お願い致します。

We pass to the account of the creation contained in the Hebrew record. And it must be observed that in reality two distinct accounts are given us in the book of Genesis, one being comprised in the first chapter and the first three verses of the second, the other commencing at the fourth verse of the second chapter and continuing till the end. This is so philologically certain that it were useless to ignore it. But even those who may be inclined to contest the fact that we have here the productions of two different writers, will admit that the account beginning at the first verse of the first chapter, and ending at the third verse of the second, is a complete whole in itself. And to this narrative, in order not to complicate the subject unnecessarily, we intend to confine ourselves. It will sufficient for our purpose to enquire, whether this account can be shown to be in accordance with our astronomical and geological knowledge. And for the right understanding of it the whole must be set out, so that the various parts may be taken in connexion with one another.

• 大寒と立春について

大寒が1月下旬、立春が2月上旬だと思いますが、これは新暦に沿っての日付けのことなのでしょうか? それとも旧暦で大寒が1月下旬、立春が2月上旬なのでしょうか? 2月上旬が、春の初めとはとても思えないのですが…… お教えいただきたくお願い申し上げます。